PDA

View Full Version : New FF8 4 Otakon thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Irvy
11-04-2002, 03:54 PM
By popular demand, we have moved to a new thread! Our last thread did us well. We laughed, argued, created new ideas, met new people and strenghten friendships on that last thread..it shall not be forgotten. The new thread will be orgazined and if someone else wants to join us, they won't have to read through almost 300 posts to know what's going on.
..:drink:
First things first.. character list.
Zell-Mike.
Ward- Matt "Wolf wood"
Squall- Will
Selphie- Shini or if not..Kim.
Seifer-Oshi
Rinoa- Steph.
Raine- Chia-Chi
Raijin-Makio Twist
Quistis-Bunny.
Laguna- Ian.
Kiros- Jil
Julia-Jing
Irvine- Jenny.
Fuujin- NekoCathy
Edea- Bunny's friend
Ellone- Caitlin
Chocobo-Leilani
Cid- Mike ( Oshi's friend)
I believe that is everyone in our group. If you are interested in being in our group as a random student, GF, villian, Nida,Xu..just post away!
2) Our idea for the skit.
Okay, it's ovious we can't have everyone on at the same time. I think the limit is 8 and we have 17 people. What I was thinking is everyone from Winhill can come up with their own skit and then the rest of us are going to do the FF8 ballscene/time warp. I think that Makiotwist is prolly gonna be int he KH skit and so is Will. So about 8 for the Rocky Horror and 7 for the Winhill skit? I think that works out.
3) Room arrangements. I think our best bet is to get rooms that are near each other. No way in heck we are gonna fit that many people in one room. Personally,(and I know a lot of people feel the same way) I want to room with the people I have actually met IRL or talk to OL on a regular bases. Jus' cos yea, everyone seems friendly but then you get instances like Sohjiro where people just freak out on you. I'd rather not take that chance when I am gonna be in the same room with people, instead of over a message board.
4) As the year progresses, lets try and get a head count on how many costumes we are going to have. That way we can figure out sleeping arrangements. This doesn't have to be given right now. Cos over the next 7-8 months people are gonna want to make new costumes or drop old costumes, etc.

SohjiroX
11-04-2002, 05:49 PM
ok so you dont need me, ok thats cool, well I hope to see the groups pics or the group period when I get there, late. better get good pics or else.

Wolfwood6
11-04-2002, 09:29 PM
If will isnt able to be squall, i'll gladly do it, cause by the time otakon comes around i'll have all 4 of my costumes ready (my original 3, plus my SeeD uniform) another thing, does anyone know where i can get a good pic of Vicious to base my costume on? Cause i am having trouble finding clear pics of him (i know he wears a black suit, it's all a question of how he wears it lol)

Wolfwood6
11-04-2002, 09:30 PM
By the way, which skit does ward fit into, Winhill or the ballroom?

Neko Cathy
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Irvy
2) Our idea for the skit.
Okay, it's ovious we can't have everyone on at the same time. I think the limit is 8 and we have 17 people. What I was thinking is everyone from Winhill can come up with their own skit and then the rest of us are going to do the FF8 ballscene/time warp. I think that Makiotwist is prolly gonna be int he KH skit and so is Will. So about 8 for the Rocky Horror and 7 for the Winhill skit? I think that works out.
Wow... that's a lot of people. BTW, I sort of thought the skit thing over and one of my biggest concerns is that are the people @ Otakon going to be anal towards our skit and claim it completely inappropriate to perform? They were pretty darn anal toward my friends' skits this year when one of them said the word "Bastard" and the other slightly lifted up a girl's skirt (She even asked the people if it was alright to tug on the skirt at least and they screamed NO!) I mean... the Pelvic Thrust might throw them off, but I dunno... What do you guys think?

3) Room arrangements. I think our best bet is to get rooms that are near each other. No way in heck we are gonna fit that many people in one room. Personally,(and I know a lot of people feel the same way) I want to room with the people I have actually met IRL or talk to OL on a regular bases. Jus' cos yea, everyone seems friendly but then you get instances like Sohjiro where people just freak out on you. I'd rather not take that chance when I am gonna be in the same room with people, instead of over a message board.
I completely understand w/ what youre saying. I feel slightly uncomfortable bedding w/ Internet friends, but staying in the same hotel is a different story. It's like... I dont want to reserve a room that's going to be completely trashed or shit stolen... stuff like that, even though you guys don't sound like those type of people. I don't mean to sound like a paranoia freak, but I don't really know you guys from just talking to you on the 'net until I actually get to meet you in person. I'll be honest, I'm kind of nervous meeting you guys myself at a big place in Baltimore(especially those going to Katsucon). However, since I'm meeting you guys w/ a friend or two who will be watching my back (as I do for them), it helps raise the comfort level for me. I personally haven't met any of my 'net friends in person before and I have heard horror stories about people meeting each other from the 'net and almost become a victim of a crime... so you guys might see me a bit timid and slightly cautious and please take no real offense on that. I'm trying to adjust to something that's never been done before and hopefully when I see you guys @ Katsucon I might feel less nervous when we meet back up @ Otakon.

krystal1314
11-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood6
If will isnt able to be squall, i'll gladly do it, cause by the time otakon comes around i'll have all 4 of my costumes ready (my original 3, plus my SeeD uniform) another thing, does anyone know where i can get a good pic of Vicious to base my costume on? Cause i am having trouble finding clear pics of him (i know he wears a black suit, it's all a question of how he wears it lol)

Don't worry about it Matt... I think Will is pretty dependable... And plus, it's OK if we don't have a Squall in the skit cause yeah... 'tis fine, u'll be our Ward... and stay to the topic gosh darn it! :p
And NekoCathy, I completely understand what you mean... there are some pretty scary ppl out there, hehehe... but yeah, I can't wait to see you all at the con ^^

Kamui Motoaki
11-04-2002, 11:51 PM
Wait what?
this is for a skit?
i thought this was for a photo shoot. . .@_@

Oshi
11-04-2002, 11:56 PM
A little of column A, a little of column B. =P

krystal1314
11-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Kamui Motoaki
Wait what?
this is for a skit?
i thought this was for a photo shoot. . .@_@

Well, photo shoot is definite... and as for the skit, we still don't know who's gonna be in it :thumbsup:

TyJILDown
11-05-2002, 12:04 AM
We got some time to plan the skit, photo shoot is an easy thing to set up...as long as everyone knows the location ;)

Neko Cathy
11-05-2002, 08:27 AM
::Practices the Time Warp Dance on a DDR pad out of random silliness::

:dance: :spinner: :toothy:

leilanihime
11-05-2002, 12:25 PM
That is a completely awesome skit idea! I really hope I get to be in it (the timewarp one), especially since I don't think I could really fit in with the other skit, and I'll be totally lonely if Neko's busy all the time and I'm not. But mainly, cause that is a FREAKIN AWESOME IDEA!

Neko- *All* people are heavy (unless they are chibis) to carry on one's back! ^__<

Anywho---

Sigh. I went to the mall to get a pimp hat at the halloween store yesterday (Monday) and the store was already closed.
So I checked Spencer's and they were sold out of those, and out of voice boxes as well. BTW, does anyone know how much a voicebox costs? I want to get one, cause there's a perfect place for it in my Katsu Moogle head, and I want to disguise/pimp out my voice. I'm also looking for one of those fake or real oversized cashmoney silver chain things to wear on the outside of the fursuit.

Whoo. I went to beyond comics yesterday (the closest my area comes to an anime store) and got complemented on my anime/raver pants. They have long triangle panels of anime silk wall screens. Waii... I made em... Hmmm *gets other anime-related sewing ideas*

Speaking of sewing, I looked into making my chocobo costume (already ordering feathers) and it looks like it will have to involve... climbing gear... o.O

P.S. If Otakon freaks over the "pelvic thrust" thing then someone needs to slap their paranoia level back down. Little kids won't get it, and if they do, that means it's their parents' fault for corrupting them in the first place. Bad Paranoia! BAD!

Wolfwood6
11-05-2002, 01:09 PM
lol

Irvy
11-05-2002, 02:21 PM
hehe, I was gonna buy one of those for my Irvine costume. I should buy the rings that say "PIMP" and pimp slap anyone who disses m'costume XD or pimps the selphies *shifty eye glance at bunny* j/k!

TyJILDown
11-05-2002, 03:07 PM
LOL oh gawd
I'm REALLY looking foward to this...such freggin awesome ideas!

Neko Cathy
11-05-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by leilanihime
That is a completely awesome skit idea! I really hope I get to be in it (the timewarp one), especially since I don't think I could really fit in with the other skit
Actually, you might fit in well w/ the Winhill skit because the population of Winhill consists of a couple of people and a dozen of chocobos (hint, the Chocobo Crossing on one of the paths). But... having a chocobo doing the time warp would be hilarious since all they do is stupid dancing anyway. :)

and I'll be totally lonely if Neko's busy all the time and I'm not. But mainly, cause that is a FREAKIN AWESOME IDEA!

Neko- *All* people are heavy (unless they are chibis) to carry on one's back! ^__<
We still love you, chocobo... Fuujin is busy because Rajin and Seifer are and she has to make sure that they don't try to get on her nerves behind her back. RAGE. :toothy:

Sigh. I went to the mall to get a pimp hat at the halloween store yesterday (Monday) and the store was already closed.
So I checked Spencer's and they were sold out of those, and out of voice boxes as well. BTW, does anyone know how much a voicebox costs? I want to get one, cause there's a perfect place for it in my Katsu Moogle head, and I want to disguise/pimp out my voice. I'm also looking for one of those fake or real oversized cashmoney silver chain things to wear on the outside of the fursuit.
HEARTBROKEN. SAD. (I was with her... LOL you confused the poor cashier @ Spencers) :(

Whoo. I went to beyond comics yesterday (the closest my area comes to an anime store) and got complemented on my anime/raver pants. They have long triangle panels of anime silk wall screens. Waii... I made em... Hmmm *gets other anime-related sewing ideas*
It was Ghetto Fabulous. I want FF and Kenshin raver pants!!!!!!

Speaking of sewing, I looked into making my chocobo costume (already ordering feathers) and it looks like it will have to involve... climbing gear... o.O
Uh oh... time to see Jimmy Sewell! He's Matt's (my bf) best friend who works at Hudson Trail Outfitters. He knows a shit load about rock and ice climbing too. He can probably help you, but just don't mention anything about Anime or he'll freak out (he HATES Anime more than Matt does and will make a huge scene over it) ^_^

leilanihime
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Yeah. Of course, I won't mention anime. I'll just calmly explain that I'm making a GIANT CHICKEN COSTUME O>O, and he'll definitely help me out.

Out the door.

Neko Cathy
11-05-2002, 06:08 PM
::me slaps DUCT TAPE over Leilani's mouth::

Ok.... NO battling, not Quitis making herself look like a slut... JUST NO!! the rocky horror thing is good enough! We got it planned out already!

::HUGE Sweatdrop hangs over her head:::thumbsup:

leilanihime
11-05-2002, 06:10 PM
Do you even know what musing means?? Thinking, pondering, considering-- not even necessarily suggesting, and certainly no cause for ductape en la boca! Oww...

And people say I overreact...

*Glares at Jenny, who is a little overprotective of her collaborative ideas*:argue:

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 01:03 PM
for the photo shoot i say we do it on the day we don't have the skit... cuz we'll be running around practicing and such, unless ur like Steph and i who put the whole thing together like the day of the skit... bwahahaha.

but yeah, some one who knows Balt. should lead us to the place we're gonna do the photos, at the harbor right? other group shots can be taken in the hotel no biggy.

*walks away* i still say we should go swimming at some point, hehehehe like... wear our characters wigs *not get them wet tho* and take pics and be like YEY! FF8 goes swimming!! weeeee lolly.... O_o; who would like to shoot me?

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Neko Cathy
::me slaps DUCT TAPE over Leilani's mouth::

Ok.... NO battling, not Quitis making herself look like a slut... JUST NO!! the rocky horror thing is good enough! We got it planned out already!

::HUGE Sweatdrop hangs over her head:::thumbsup:

O_o

wut's this about whoring myself?

*shakes head* i only do that for Pocky, but Quistis shall be a good girl XD

:devil:

Wolfwood6
11-06-2002, 02:40 PM
Hehe i am gonna have TONS of pocky, Steph and Ava saw just a sample of my pocky power (i brought 20 dollars worth of pocky to their house, ask oshi too lol)

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 02:45 PM
lolly, damn am i jealous i didn't go!! *growls* well u best have lots of pocky for da YuffieBunny cuz i think that's all i'll be running on all weekend... besides that AWESOME <b><u>FREE</b></u> water they give u at all cons bwahahaaha

leilanihime
11-06-2002, 03:29 PM
Some places just won't take gil express.

The accepted currency of chocobo-moogle pimps everywhere:

Pocky. Its everwhere you want to be, and even some places you'd rather not.:drunk:

Wolfwood6
11-06-2002, 06:00 PM
I'll have a seperate stash of pocky just for you bunny, remember that your my pocky whore though right? lol ^_^;

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 07:49 PM
mwahahaaha hai! i am pocky whore #2!!! *bows*

Wolfwood6
11-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Goodie lol

Oshi
11-06-2002, 09:43 PM
That was $20 worth? *imagines that x5* ...Ohh god yes @_@

Neko Cathy
11-06-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by YuffieBunny
for the photo shoot i say we do it on the day we don't have the skit... cuz we'll be running around practicing and such, unless ur like Steph and i who put the whole thing together like the day of the skit... bwahahaha.
Good idea. Friday and Sundays would be the best days.

but yeah, some one who knows Balt. should lead us to the place we're gonna do the photos, at the harbor right? other group shots can be taken in the hotel no biggy.
....I don't know my way around the Baltimore area unfortunately, BUT I know the harbor isn't too hard to find. It's about block or two away from the convention center.

*walks away* i still say we should go swimming at some point, hehehehe like... wear our characters wigs *not get them wet tho* and take pics and be like YEY! FF8 goes swimming!! weeeee lolly.... O_o; who would like to shoot me?
That sounds fun! I second that idea! but I went to the YMCA as Fuujin for Halloween and went in my lifeguard bathing suit... and Fuujin doesn't look good in a red lifeguard bikini. Oh well, I need to go bikini shopping anyways... and maybe a polyester see-through like blue skirt would look good :)

Anyhow, I got a question about the skit(s). Who's going to take in charge of one of them? Someone needs to get everyone's asses to some point in the convention and practice. We also need someone who can try to organize the skit well (like who's going to be w/ who or standing where?) before we go on stage in front of a huge crowd. One rehersal on saturday morning in front of the Otakon people might not be enough and if you guys want to win some reward, we have to plan it carefully and work for it (although I'm not planning to and just wanna have fun w/ it). So far we don't have the exact cast for the Rocky Horror thing so that needs to be planned too. It doesn't have to be right now since we got a couple of months ahead of time, but I advise that we have someone take in charge of getting people together and working on the skit.

And as for the pockey thing, I guess I should definetly buys some for us. After all, helping a fellow Otaku out is a good deed! ::smiles the most cheesiest smile in the world:: :toothy:

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 09:51 PM
That sounds fun! I second that idea! but I went to the YMCA as Fuujin for Halloween and went in my lifeguard bathing suit... and Fuujin doesn't look good in a red lifeguard bikini. Oh well, I need to go bikini shopping anyways... and maybe a polyester see-through like blue skirt would look good :)

hehe yeah some of us *ahems over to me* might have to buy a bathing suite that'll go with the character... hehe i'll have to buy PINK! wtf? lolly

krystal1314
11-06-2002, 10:50 PM

Bwahahaha! And what did we get for the skit? POCKY!!!!! And Judge's Award ^^ hehehe!
Swimming is a *must*! It's gonna be awesome... and yeah... I have to go shopping for that! Or maybe we can all jump in in our costumes, lol :thumbsup:

And of course, Oshi, Cait, and Wolfwood know that I'm a Pocky addict *remember the party* :D So I might as well admit it here...
My name is Stephanie, I am a Pockyholic...

YuffieBunny
11-07-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by krystal1314
My name is Stephanie, I am a Pockyholic...

ROTFLMAO i second this! =P

hai! we all must go swimming as or characters, i'm sure we'd get some nice compliments from pics and such oooooo Rinoa and Squall in da hot tub =P

Wolfwood6
11-07-2002, 10:18 AM

I know baltimore pretty well, the harbor area is right by the convention hall (which means cheaper eats, and better photo shoots at the waterfront) Ava knows the area well too lol. Just remember that seafood restaraunt we ate at ava? LOL

Wolfwood6
11-07-2002, 10:19 AM
another thing, if i went swimming as squall, i'd probably scare everyone with my not so perfect body ::shivers::

Wolfwood6
11-07-2002, 10:24 AM
[

Anyhow, I got a question about the skit(s). Who's going to take in charge of one of them? Someone needs to get everyone's asses to some point in the convention and practice. We also need someone who can try to organize the skit well (like who's going to be w/ who or standing where?) before we go on stage in front of a huge crowd. One rehersal on saturday morning in front of the Otakon people might not be enough and if you guys want to win some reward, we have to plan it carefully and work for it (although I'm not planning to and just wanna have fun w/ it). So far we don't have the exact cast for the Rocky Horror thing so that needs to be planned too. It doesn't have to be right now since we got a couple of months ahead of time, but I advise that we have someone take in charge of getting people together and working on the skit.

If ya want i can take charge of the winhill skit, i dunno who will take charge of the Ballroom skit, i say Lady ava heads up the Ballroom project

Lady Ava
11-07-2002, 11:32 AM
i do know Balitmore very well. I've gone there alot. But, whoever wants started this whole thing is in charge. I'm just a mild background character who no one will know unless they have played the game like all the other fans out there. So, put we where you wish....I have some ideas for photoshoot places. Some are really pretty. BTW, if you do put me in the Ballroom scene, I'm w/ Oshi ^^V

Neko Cathy
11-07-2002, 02:11 PM
::sucks on a lollypop and grins::

Yuffiebunny... Steph... we got to hook up and go bikini shopping together... if we can! :D

And I want to get w/ Oshi too! Oshi, can you pimp? If not, that's ok because I get something better... a crossdresser and a beast on the dance floor w/ me ;) Now who can beat that?

leilanihime
11-07-2002, 02:23 PM
:eek: A yellow feathered bathing suit?? Save me!! X_x

YuffieBunny
11-07-2002, 02:40 PM
ooo Cathy what a wonderful idea! where do u live? i'm pretti close to steph so it wouldn't be hard for us to get together and shop for some bikinis.

*laughes at leianihime* yesh yellow feathered bathing suit =P

Neko Cathy
11-07-2002, 02:54 PM
::me points to the location spot under her avatar::

Let's just say the DC Metro area of Maryland (I live around near Rosiel and Leilani is 5 mins away, hehehehe). :P

YuffieBunny
11-07-2002, 02:57 PM
ooo i have a friend who lives down there!!!

Irvy
11-07-2002, 03:10 PM
lol here's a disadvantage of being a cross-player! I'll prolly just wear my purple bathing suit and a pair of swimming trunks as well. I guess since Steph and me organized this whole kit and kabootle, we'll get things organized at the con. *grabs Quistis's whip incase anyone questions her authora-tay* When (and if) I go to NYC for New Years, we should all meet up (or atleast whoever lives within a reasonable distance) and practice. Waiting to the very last minute with so many people will be a real challenge ^^;

YuffieBunny
11-07-2002, 03:24 PM
awwww that's right it'll be hard for u to go swimming.

IIE MY WHIP! *sulks*

TyJILDown
11-07-2002, 04:14 PM
My spandex/lycra bodysuit would allow me to swim easily even though I am crossplaying ^^;;; Not too sure about my armored padding sections of my costume would do in water...atleast I can use my Katals as paddles XD Kiros is feminine enough to look good in a bikini though mwhahaha

And yes Irvy, as many of us as we can should meet up! May be a good opportunity between cons to do so, next one I go to is ABoston(I think!) You better come to NY, I need a buddy!!

Wolfwood6
11-07-2002, 05:57 PM
lol i dont do swimming lol

Irvy
11-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Lol, it won't be that bad. I'll just wear my purple tanktop of shorts. or..XD I could get some fake blood and seeing as how I am cosplaying Irvine..when I see all the femmes in their bikinis I'll get the classic anime *nose bleed* and pass out for awhile aka..catch a tan for awhile ( if they have an outdoor pool). *hands whip back* gomen nasai.
I am pretty sure I am going to NYC. I can get a round trip for like one fiddy which would be awesome!(assuming the prices stay like that for holidays)

Wolfwood6
11-07-2002, 06:17 PM
What would we do in NYC?

Oshi
11-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Cosplay in Times Square on New Years Eve.... bwahahah

Wolfwood6
11-07-2002, 09:02 PM
OOO!!!!!!!!! Genius, who should i be though, something warm, obviously lol

TyJILDown
11-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Yea, exactly my problem, no clue what costume I'll have done will be warm and I gotta get my ass in gear to finish something by then. Only thing on my agenda is weapons for two costumes!

Lady Ava
11-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Oh my goodness. I was just sturk by a bolt of lighting! At Otakon, since we're gonna have a full cast of Final Fantasy VIII peoples, I was thinking I could start on a new Live-Action Music Video. Use Baltimore as one of the cities like in the game. (Except, we'll say by the harbor area.) It could work. Hopefully ^^; If ya want to do it, let me know. Cuz if we get bored then we'll have something to do.

TyJILDown
11-07-2002, 11:36 PM
That sounds awesome! I'm definatly interested, I hope others are.

Wolfwood6
11-08-2002, 07:33 AM
I'm in!

Irvy
11-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Woot, that'd be chou Sugoi, count me in!*runs off to class*

YuffieBunny
11-08-2002, 09:56 AM
I could get some fake blood and seeing as how I am cosplaying Irvine..when I see all the femmes in their bikinis I'll get the classic anime *nose bleed* and pass out for awhile

LMAO omg i'm luvin it! hahaha

yes yes we mut chill on new years!! not sure if 'll be in NYC for it, cuz my friend laura and her family always have this HUGE ass party with the Misfits and everything hahaha. but we MUST meet up some time when ur here, we can all go party!

Lady Ava
11-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Yay! So far, so good for the video. Now, i need to think of a song and a plot ^^; Any ideas?

Wolfwood6
11-08-2002, 10:31 AM
How about we have a party at my place for new years, i'm just a train ride away from NYC, and i can give everyone directions lol

This room in my house is perfect for a party and practically empty, it would be absolutly perfect it's like 10 ft wide and 27 ft long, so it can fit a lot of people. anyone interested?

Neko Cathy
11-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Ha ha ha... there is NO WAY I am going back to NYC, especially when it's very chaotic up there around the holiday season... especially NEW YEARS (and I was up there three years ago, got lost and had to get one of the FDNY people to find the parking garage... such a rush on a family trip)! Since you guys are all the way up in the northern part (damn mason dixon state, MD!), I highly doubt I'll be able to see you guys until the con or if we meet up at Katsucon. If I'm lucky I coud try to sneak up into Pennsylvania w/ someone... just not in my parents' car.

Hell... My parents and not even the bf don't even know I'm meeting a whole bunch of Internet friends. If they would go psycho if they found out I was and not let me go to Otakon... 18 years old doesn't mean shit when I live in my parents' house or have legal issues and responsibilites of my :( Yes, they are that strict!

Wolfwood, I'll throw your ass in the pool. And if you drown, I'm here to save you. No problems, no worries :)

YuffieBunny
11-08-2002, 01:19 PM
awww that sucks. 18 and they're still up-tight abut stuff? it took a lot to break my parents in, but so may of my internet friends have come over and i've gone places with them they've began to relieze they can't stop me! haha and that the pople i meet are nice and well... NOT creeps. wooooooooo *spazes n runs into wall*

i'm bored

Neko Cathy
11-08-2002, 01:45 PM
awww that sucks. 18 and they're still up-tight abut stuff? it took a lot to break my parents in, but so may of my internet friends have come over and i've gone places with them they've began to relieze they can't stop me! haha and that the pople i meet are nice and well... NOT creeps.

The BIGGEST reason why it sucks to have your dad to be a firefighter/EMT- he has witnessed enough kids getting fucked up (and I will not take that word back since I literally mean it and seen photographs not released to the public of people looking so messed up) in gangs, car accidents, fire based kind of stuff, or any acts of violence including suicide.... and most of the victims are young girls between the ages of 13 to 19 according to him. Can you imagine doing that kind of thing ALMOST EVERYDAY, have to look professional w/out kurking out while over at someone who might be dead or alive... and them almost looking like your daughter? It was even harder on him going to 14-27 funerals of the FDNY fighters up in the WTC. And I remember about a couple months ago when my dad told me he and his squad brought a dead 14 year old girl down from a tree who hanged herself over poor grades and a sudden break up from her boyfriend... and he and his members were saying, "Gosh that might happen to our kids... and how would we deal with something if that ever happens to them?" Life as a an EMT and a firefighter is completely stressful on you and your entire family, but in most cases the job is very rewarding.

So yea... my dad is the biggest paranoid freak in the house. My mom has heard dozens and countless Internet predator crime stories from several of her co-workers and she agrees with my father's POV. You should have seen them over reacted over the sniper case- keeping me locked inside my house without driving no where but to work and back. I couldn't even hang out w/ my friends for christ sakes.

That's what's w/ my parents because they have heard and seen so much shit done to stupid, careless kids who think they got what it needs to be out there and turn around doing stupid shit that risks their lives in the end. On my behalf of all this, shit happens, life's not fair so deal with it, move on and always be cautious. You guys have no idea how much I want to get the Hell away from my parents and act all wild and crazy w/out worries of them! Parents are so aggrivating to deal w/.

Wolfwood6
11-08-2002, 01:56 PM
You think you have it bad, both my parents were EMS in NYC, where murder and rape were everyday occurances, the only thing that keeps me from leaving this house is the fact that i keep in contact with my folks when i go out. (that and the fact that i omit some truths from everything lol)

YuffieBunny
11-08-2002, 01:57 PM
awww *hugs* well since u're 18 u have the right to move out when ever you wish to!! the only problem is finding a nice place that's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg to keep. Once i turn 18 and finish skool i'm moving, to either some place around here, CA or moving in with my friend in Hawaii, cuz then that means i'll be closer to Japan heee.

i canunderstand where ur parnets are coming from, they sound like my friend Doris' parents, but they also seem a little TOO protective. there's a fine line between being worried and being way too cautous, i mean parents are allowed to worry, but they realli shouldn't controll your life like that. that realli sucks hun i hope u can escape it all soon and go live ur life!!! hehehe u always have us to run to woo-ho!!

Neko Cathy
11-08-2002, 06:53 PM
You think you have it bad, both my parents were EMS in NYC, where murder and rape were everyday occurances, the only thing that keeps me from leaving this house is the fact that i keep in contact with my folks when i go out. (that and the fact that i omit some truths from everything lol)

We have plenty of that around the DC Metro area too :P. Not to be stereotypical, but girls are more likely to get into a crime such as rape and stuff.. and I get into a position where I might not be able to defend myself against a guy bigger than me. Plus it kind of makes it worse when you're also an attractive girl and you're the pick if alone.

True, it's nearly the same thing like you said. And yes, I have pulled the same exact stunt about telling them part of the truth of where or whom I'm with. Staying @ my friends' dorm w/ the boyfriend and his best friend who's a guy sleeping over in the same room would be a good example, and I tell them that they're sleeping over Kelly's boyfriend's dorm... when he's not a student @ Salisbury University either and is also sleeping in the dorm too:crylaugh:! If my folks found out all about that or if I was caught at a coed sleepover... my ass would be whooped and there goes Daddy chasing the boyfriend w/ his shotgun. LoL!

awww *hugs* well since u're 18 u have the right to move out when ever you wish to!! the only problem is finding a nice place that's not gonna cost you an arm and a leg to keep. Once i turn 18 and finish skool i'm moving, to either some place around here, CA or moving in with my friend in Hawaii, cuz then that means i'll be closer to Japan heee.
Actually, I will be 18 in January... that's two months away! Oh yes... I've been counting the days too for that to happen and I'm probably going to be a problemchild for my parents. Especially when my bf comes back home, already 20 years old and having his own place to stay in another county. My dad has already given me the "Don't have sex" talk about him leaving (and I seriously haven't done it which I am proud to say), but my mom made him even more nervous about mentioning Matt returning, the fact I would be 18 by the time he comes back and there's not a damn thing they or even his bastard parents (GOD! I hate his adopted family, especially his father) can do to stop me from not stepping into his apartment or having sex. Hell fricken yes... revenge is so sweet! But relax- I'm seriously not planning to have sex in the near future even though I've been dating this guy for nearly two years and he totally respects that opinion and hasn't forced me into anything I don't feel uncomfortable.

The only problem with finding my own place are finances like you said. You all may think that this is absolutely nuts, but my parents have already threatened about cutting off my college finances if I move to someone else's place or get my own place. Their reason- If you can afford to stay and rent a place out then you certainly have the money to support yourself in college. On top of it they would also cut off my car insurance too and I won't have a car to drive to work. Out of all honesty, the money I'm making now can't afford rent for a month and I work nearly 3 bucks above minium wage. So... that's out until I transfer from the community college (I'm going to MC for about a year or two and transfering to Salisbury, where I get a dorm and get the hell away from my parents).

On a lighter note, I was surprised that they let me go to Katsucon w/ Leilani by ourselves. Then again... my parents absolutely hate Japanese Animation and they wouldn't stand being surround by "Anime freaks" for 3 days straight and the con is in the same place we'r staying at. They even let Leilani's brother room w/ us since they know he wouldn't try to pull anything on me in front of his sister. Hehehe... but they don't know that I'm getting one or two of my guy friends to also room w/ us too. So things could change by the time I graduate and Otakon comes around. :)

Mwahahaha :devil:

Wow... thinking about all this stuff of becoming 18 makes me feel so warm and fuzzy- parents can back off my shit and not do much of anything other than cut off finances. There's still college loans anyways, so it's all not a big loss :p

YuffieBunny
11-08-2002, 11:14 PM
hahahaha see sometimes talking about it makes it better!! i turn 18 in feb! which means i get to start doing things on my own. It'll be easier for me to get modeling jobs because i wont have to have their permissiona and such ^____^.

awwwwww that's good that you and your b/f have been going out for so long andthat he respects you decision to not have sex yet! i wish more guys could be like that... i lost mine just this year... ugh... te a guy in a band on top of that! but the thing is i'm friends with the band.. and me and him still talk so i guess it's okay... i dunno... lolly i've only had sex twice! XD LMAO i'm an amature yet i write such good hentai XD bwahahaha! awww now that's no kewl that ur parents would cutt off ur college fund! eek i don't even officialy have one! lolly, maybe that means i should start working more? i get paid above minium wage too and i babysit and model so the money i make isn't too bad, but i wouldn't be able to live on my own just yet either.

awwww that's even worse that ur rents dun like anime! mine do, not as much as i do... but then again ur talkin about MY rents... the people who ased to take ME to an orgy concert... lolly... the people who WANT me to do anime art work for orgy... *rolls eyes* i swear to god my parents are completely insane!

TyJILDown
11-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Thank goodness for turning 18 in April...will get a new car and driv eout of this hell hole...I haven't been out of this state in 6 years and the only way I will get it is by going to cons X_x

leilanihime
11-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Eh... As for parents liking anime, mine go both ways. My Dad used to try to make me watch WW2 movies, and always went on about how bad the Japanese were/are. My stepfather always refers to the Japanese as "the Japs" and like my Dad did, fails to grasp the concept that anime is one artistic aspect of Japanese culture- it is not the WW2/exclusive/whateverelse stuff that they are offended by, so there's no reason to insult it or be mad when I watch it! :mad:

On the other hand, my mother seems to like anime, everything from Trigun to Evangelion, and even some BSSMoon. She's seen more than that, though. Actually, I'm suprised that she likes anime as much as she does, all things considered. 6_6

She even requested a Baka Neko (the black cat that shows up in every episode of Trigun) plushie, which I found for her at the mall. ^_^ Lol, one time she referred to R.Kenshin as "Rigatoni (as in the pasta) Kenshoe. What's next, Vash the Centipede? XD

Anywho, yeah, as NekoCathy mentioned, she and I are getting to go to Katsucon by ourselves! And they are letting my "neutered"/(not really) brother room with us. I'm hoping that they'll let one of my guy friends (who'll have to fake being neutered when he meets them) room with us as well.

Ja ne, y'all!
Leilani

Wolfwood6
11-09-2002, 07:05 AM
Rigatoni???? Vash the centepede??????? ^_^;;;;;;

Lady Ava
11-09-2002, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone! Keep buggin' Wolfwood to post his picture of the "Squall and Seifer Yaoi" Cuz he said he would and hasn't yet!

Wolfwood6
11-09-2002, 11:17 AM
Calm down my dad sent them to ya this morning, he cropped them up and made them look pretty so take a look

Neko Cathy
11-09-2002, 07:47 PM
awwww that's even worse that ur rents dun like anime!

They are complete NERDS for god sakes! Hell, my dad freaked out while I was watching Leilani's Brother's collection of Ayashi no Ceres when Aki went psycho and started beating the crap out of Ceres and this other woman working for him. He started saying shit like "What the Hell are you watching? You call this entertainment?! No wonder we have crazy people like the sniper running around loose!" and I gave him the most pissed look ever like "WHAT PLANET DID YOU COME FROM?!" Refering Anime to the sniper... he has no fucking clue what he's talking about. I'm sorry but that just completely crossed the line and I did get into a very nasty fight w/ him over it. >_< To some degree I agree w/ him about the violence, but you don't see me or every anime fan going off and deliberately beating the shit out of people. Cartoons are not just for kids anymore... deal with it. And I have also seen this sort of violence in R AND PG-13 rated American movies too so you just can't go off and saying crap that Anime is to blame.

Dude... you're so lucky to go and see Orgy! My first and recent concert was Ozzfest 2000 and my parents made my ex boyfriend's mom follow us around the entire Nissan Pavilion which pissed me off like anything. And I was 15 years old being babysat... get real. I wanna see Rammstein in concert w/ their flamethrowers and any pyro toys. That's my dream concert :devil:

Yea... Leilani's mom is the coolest mom ever! We actually sat down one evening together and watched Vampire Princess Muyi and were cool about it. Plus she let us roam all over Baltimore and the convention center for Otakon and if my parents were chaperoning, they would be escorting us to the building or following us around.

... wow... a couple of people are turning 18 too! SWEET and I thought Leilani and I were going to be one of the youngest in the group!

::me sends an excited look at LA::
I wanna see Zell and Seifer together. They would make a good Yaoi couple than Squall and Seifer.:bouncer:

Wolfwood6
11-10-2002, 07:48 AM
I wanna see Rammstein in concert w/ their flamethrowers and any pyro toys. That's my dream concert :devil:

YAAAA!!!!!! Rammstein rules!!!!!!

Lady Ava
11-10-2002, 03:52 PM
Okay.....NEW TOPIC! So, we have all the main characters, side characters, a chocobo, and a few others. Now then, what day are we doing this? We have three days to make the statement that Final Fantasy VIII rules all anime cons, but, what days are we gonna wear our costumes. On the day of the actual cosplay? I am very confused and my head hurts thinking about it. I'm starting to wonder how i'm gonna get all my costumes on the train ^^;

Irvy
11-10-2002, 04:20 PM
I was thinking we should cosplay on friday and then on saturday do the skit.

Wolfwood6
11-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Well i'm doin Squall on Friday, Ward on Saturday, and Vicious on Sunday

Neko Cathy
11-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Well... I might not cosplay as a FF character for Friday, but I am definetly going as Fuujin only for Saturday. I'm debating whether I should go as Lucrecia, Excel or even Yuni from DDR... I might pop up as Lucrecia for Friday since I think Irvy said that she was going as Vincent on that day (we'd be a cute couple... awww), but I haven't finalized that decision yet. Excel would be a hard costume to do and I only need a black shirt and I'm done w/ Yuni :p. Hehehe, pigtails are fun! :thumbsup:

I'm doing Fuujin for the skit on Saturday on either on Friday or sunday I'm thinking about doing Yuni for the male DDR bitches out there. :cheers:

One thing I do question is that do you guys want me to do Fuujin for Friday or Sunday for photo shots or what? What day should we plan to do the photo shots? We can't confirm it do to the weather (in case it rains or something), but we should make plans if something backfires.

Lady Ava
11-10-2002, 07:44 PM
I have Ellone on Friday, Yuna (wedding) and FFX-2 on Saturday and Rinoa on Sunday.....and a SeeD uniform somewhere in there....^^;

krystal1314
11-10-2002, 08:07 PM
I think the Kingdom Hearts Group is meeting on Saturday, so we can't do the photo shoot that day since some of us are a part of that group u_u
Me and Irvy talked about it and we thought that Friday would be the best day for the photo shoot, what do you guys think?
I'll be Rinoa whole day on Friday (in different costumes ^^), KH Yuffie and Kairi on Saturday, and maybe Yuna on Sunday >^^<

Neko Cathy
11-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Friday sounds good and if it backfires (people might not come to the con until that night or later... I would probably be in Baltimore around late morning or early afternoon.. plus you got to worry abut the weather.), we'll shoot for Sunday. Whatever work good with all of us...

I guess I'll have to be Fuujin on photoshot day and go as some random character on the other two days, change back into Fuujin for the Masquerade.... I rather not be stuck as Fuujin for the entire Otakon weekend since the costume can get uncomfortable if worn too often and people won't want to glomp a mean looking chick w/ an eyepatch... :(

Oshi
11-10-2002, 09:56 PM
I really have no clue what order I'm doing, but I'm bringing Seifer, Auron, and Kurim.
...oh... I guess that's it then ^_^;;;

Yes, I am doing Kurim, because I vow to burn off all my stomach fat! HOOHAH! ......*cough*

...Maybe I'll throw Kaze in there.. pending... blah!

TyJILDown
11-10-2002, 10:48 PM
Friday I'll be doing Sivil, which requires FULL facial stage makeup & a few things spirit gummed to me so I doubt I will be wearing Kiros ANY time during the day since it's gonna be a pain in the ass to take off makeup and I don't plan on doing so till the end of the day when I retire to the hotel.

For reasons with the makeup, that's why I am not doing Sivil on Saturday, taking off the makeup before the Masquerade and then getting ready will just take up too much time and I don't wanna miss any action so if you do photos on Friday I'll just have to miss out.

Saturday I will be suited up in my Kiros garb the entire day *just bought materials for my katals today~*

Sunday I shall be Cloud (Don Corneo outfit)

Oshi
11-10-2002, 11:14 PM
...it seems like Saturday would be the best day to do it then? *confused *

makio
11-10-2002, 11:25 PM
From the look of things, I may be completely taken on Saturday for that KH cosplay...but Friday, I can change in and out of my Raijin costume if and when needed for Seifer-'Posse pics.

Irvy
11-11-2002, 12:28 AM
how about..sunday for everyone?O_o

YuffieBunny
11-11-2002, 11:36 AM
i guess sunday then??? i can be Quistis whenever u want me to.

friday i'll prolly be Rikku, and maybe change into my original design later that nite.

saturday i'm prolly gonna be Kyo for the group cosplay, then go back into my original later that nite, or go into my Quistis SeeD uniform for the skit.

sunday i'm free to be your Quistis. i might wonder around as Mokona some time that day too, and then get back into my original.

lolly... my own design is comfy.. and i'm going to be meeting with some people one of the nites i'm there... and i can't be in a known cosplay outfit or i'll make a bad impression on them *sigh* some of you know whom i'm talking about. but the thing is i need to meet them and chat with them as me, not an anime character. so every nite until i find out for sure when i'll see them i'll be in my own costume... as me.. hehe

Oshi
11-11-2002, 12:20 PM
@_@; This is confusing... good thing we have 7 months to straighten this all out...

Irvy
11-11-2002, 01:02 PM
I say we go with Sunday. I mean friday and saturday are probably going to be jammed packed with events we want to go to, and by sunday things will start to die down. That way we can have our photo shoot and not miss out on a lot ^^ On Friday I am prolly gonna Tifa and then on Saturday be Vinocent.
Btw, my friend Cindy made an interesting comment yesterday. Apparently she thinks Quistis and Irvine kiss in the game o_O Did anyone see that?

Neko Cathy
11-11-2002, 01:05 PM
::shakes head in costume::

Agreed w/ Oshi... this is going to take some time to fix things...

There was a Final Fantasy group shot @ Otakon where everyone who was a FF character jumped in for a snapshot. Plus everything is not really a rush, depending on what tie you're checking out of your hotel. Saturday shouldn't be a problem when we could change out of our previous costumes and into our FF gear for the Masquerade... or we all go out to dinner as a huge FF8 group before we do the skits. Heh... it would be so funny for an entire FF8 cast to show up at Hooters or the Hard Rock Cafe.

Friday would be too rushed on everyone to do a photoshot. We would be rushing on getting check into our hotels, getting situated and running out the door to wait in a long ass registration line.

..... UNLESS we all can preregister. We'd get a group discount on registration if we did that, but that's up to you guys.

TyJILDown
11-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Dude, I'm up to saving $5 or so and doing a group registration =P

But the Saturday dinner in costumes sounds pretty rad, we'll have to see what happens. Thank goodness Kiros shall be a cozy costume ^^;; Looking foward to wearing that all day...

YuffieBunny
11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Dude, I'm up to saving $5 or so and doing a group registration =P
ALL HAIL GROUP REG!!!! *BOWS*

Irvy
11-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Yes, group registration all the way! you guys will all prolly arrive around the same time but I dunno when Mike and me will arrive. Curse living so far away u.u

Neko Cathy
11-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Hmm... if we're going to do group registrations, someone has to be standing all day until everyone comes to meet up at a spot. That's one downside about doing group registrations, especially since we're coming from different places and have to deal w/ traffic and stuff. The bright side about it is that registration will be a hell of a lot cheaper for all of us if we do it. Another downside would be that some of us are going to have to cough up our snail mail, give the money to someone and hope that they don't loose or spend the stash.

... we'll think about this more. We got plently of time, there's no need to rush.

Wolfwood6
11-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Just to comment about costume order, heres what we should do

Friday: One choice costume (For me it'll be squall)
If the dance is Friday then we should wear our SeeD uniforms to the Rave
Saturday: Cosplay costumes (Ex: Ward)
Sunday: Another 1 or 2 choice costumes

Irvy
11-11-2002, 05:29 PM
okay, well getting a little off subject..what's everyone in the NY/NJ area thinking of doing for New Years?*gonna be coming up for new years eve* Oshi suggested we do cosplay in time square but I dunno how everyone else feels about it (aka people who have to wear skirts and don't have jackets) or should we hang out at someones place or what?o.o

krystal1314
11-11-2002, 05:52 PM
(aka people who have to wear skirts and don't have jackets)

Bwahahaha... that would be me! ^^
I dunno if I can go to the city during those 2 critical days tho... I'll have to see u_u

So, I guess we're having the photo shoot on Sunday then?
See, the thing is that on Sunday, we might have to check out from our room already and such, so we have to carry our stuff around, and I dunno, I personally would like to have it on Friday since it's the first day and all, but then again, I want everybody to make it to the photo shoot, which some of you are not able to do on Friday... *confused* :waaaah:
Not possible on Saturday cause I have that KH group thing...
Well, I dunno, we'll see about this...

TyJILDown
11-11-2002, 07:36 PM
We'll find out arrival times from everyone when it comes closer, hopefulyl a lot of us do come at the same time so we can get into the room and get in costume ASAP! I'll probably arrive at the covention area around 10-11 myself. I'll be boarding the train/leaving by car around 7.

Why can't everyone get together in costumes before dinner on Saturday and we do a quick photoshoot, then grab some grub and head to the Masquerade? *shrugs*

Wolfwood6
11-11-2002, 08:36 PM
All i know is that i'll probably be on an early train (like 7 AM) down to baltimore, i'd def. be there by 9, other than that i'm free for the rest of the con

Oshi
11-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Last otakon I left for baltimore at 7AM and got there by 8:30, i think. This year, however, I'm likely gonna meet up with you guys (Cait, Matt, whoever else) and take the train with yas ^^

Lady Ava
11-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Ah yes....the train ride to otakon....
One of the best parts of the trip is the train. Mostly because we just sit there and have loud dicussions about Anime/Video games and let the other passengers look at us strangely. I'm just glad I didn't have my staff last year. There was no where to put it. ^^ I almost didn't make that train. I slept in on all days ya know? But, you can get breakfast on the train and all that other great stuff! It's fun ^^V.

Its also the best place to sleep before the con. That way, you're fully rested and ready to go when you get there. Of course, don't make the same mistake I did and fell asleep and then when the train stopped short, "WHAM!" Head meets window.... ^^;

TyJILDown
11-12-2002, 06:34 PM
I gotta see who in the area may be taking train because I would like to travel with someone else...my mom said if I have to travel by myself it's fine but it's always nice to have company besides a MD Player & a GBA ^^;;

Wolfwood6
11-12-2002, 07:06 PM
we should all try to meet on the same amtrak train, it would be kinda interesting to see 20 otaku sitting in one area on a train, we'd get soo many strange looks lol

Irvy
11-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Psshaa, the ride there is only fun if you're not stuck on an 11 hour bus ride with either a) loud ghetto people b)an old dirty man hitting on you c) being used as a pillow or d) stuck in a bus station that reek of urine.
Atleast this bus ride should only be 11 or so hours x_X()

Neko Cathy
11-12-2002, 07:55 PM
<<If the dance is Friday then we should wear our SeeD uniforms to the Rave>>

I'm going as Yuni for the Rave... with glowsticks in my hands X-D. Fuujin doesn't have a Seed uniform and it's hard to rave in that costume. Believe me, I have tried already two weekends ago at someone's cosplaying party... I need another eye.

Heh... it kind of sucks for all you Northerners to take the Train when Baltimore is a half an hour to an hour away from mine and Leilani's houses. I'm fricken driving there... and if my dad decides to be an ass about it...Leilani, we're taking your sweet ass van w/ the DVD player in it (oh boy... Labriyth and Ah My Goddess are ON! hehehe... our way to and back from Otakon while spacing out on Anime). If Rudy is going w/ us he can probably drive us. Besides.. we got the perfect Otaku mobile... I love that Evangelion bumper sticker on your mom's van too :D

TyJILDown
11-13-2002, 03:07 AM
I'm assuming you guys are leaving from the Amtrak in NJ? I was gonna live from the one in NYC's Penn Station but if we can all meet up maybe I can get my mom to drive me, that way if I do travel by myself it would be better ^^

Lady Ava
11-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Yeah, AmTrak in Jersey. Loads of fun! But be warned.....space is tight! So, pack accordingly! And make sure your weapons are put in a place were they won't be looked at TOO strangely....^^V. I'm still wondering where I'm gonna put my Wedding Dress and SeeD Uniform ^^;....Any ideas?

O yeah! I almost forgot! When we're in our big group, we should go to the photoshoot lab and get pictures done! They always do awesome photos! We can get one big group shot done, and if you want get doubles or single shots taken. We can all chip in and pay and then pick them up the next day. Its a wonderful system ^^v Whatcha think? Let me know! If you wanna see what the pics look like, I can scan my pics from Otakon last year and show ya.

TyJILDown
11-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Dude, I''m up for that photo session. My mom is complaining she has no pics of me...now she would but not in the form she intended!

As for bags and all, I'm gonna have a separate duffe bag with my weapons, wigs, costumes. Then another duffle bag for the little real clothes, toiletries, and whatever else I may need. Of course I'll have my big Dickies messenger bag...I felt naked at AXNY without it ;_; I'll probably have to put bags in my lap X_x

When train plans are made I'll discuss it all with my mom ^^

Oshi
11-13-2002, 09:40 PM
Hmm... I have one suitcase for my clothes, toiletries, blanket, and one costume, another bag for other costumes, then my messenger bag for my laptop and other electronics.... my only problem is my 4' long gunblade, 7' katana for auron, and 6' long glaive for kurim... Me and my fascination with big weapons -_-

makio
11-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Ngh. I brought a red oak bo staff with me to AWA-8 this year for my Raijin costume and Security made me put it away, even though it was for the FF Ball and in an enclosed area...used only just for a possible skit or photo-op, actually. Most of the other cons will allow you to at least use it for that, but I swear the guy was just taking advantage of his handful of "rental-cop" power. Hopefully Otakon security won't be so asinine... >:\

Lady Ava
11-14-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm just glad I didn't have a staff last year at Otakon for my Yuna costume, considering when we went out to lunch, I had enough weird looks being passed my way. How many looks again Wolfwood? ^-^V
Otakon is pretty good about the weapons thing. You're allowed to have them, as long as they don't involve flash powder or real metal/ammo. Since I have never stayed over for a con, I'm thinking a suitcase for my real clothes (like i'll have much anyways) and then my ellone costume and toiletries. Then, for the two big costumes (Wedding dress and uniform) have a garment bag or duffle bag. Then, a bag for my props and goods to be bought at the con ^^v. Sound good?

TyJILDown
11-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Gawd...our room is gonna be so packed, I'll be sleeping on my bags with my hair dryer poking me in the but =P

Neko Cathy
11-14-2002, 04:21 PM
<<O yeah! I almost forgot! When we're in our big group, we should go to the photoshoot lab and get pictures done! They always do awesome photos!>>
Ummm.... what?

<<Psshaa, the ride there is only fun if you're not stuck on an 11 hour bus ride with either a) loud ghetto people b)an old dirty man hitting on you>>
::is suddenly reminded of the movie "Road Trip" and chuckles::

<<my only problem is my 4' long gunblade, 7' katana for auron, and 6' long glaive for kurim...>>
Try sticking them in a duffle bag? If you're going to be carrying those big ass weapons, you might want to cosider going to a sports shop and try looking at the carry cases in the guns/bows or baseball department.

<<I brought a red oak bo staff with me to AWA-8 this year for my Raijin costume and Security made me put it away, even though it was for the FF Ball and in an enclosed area...used only just for a possible skit or photo-op, actually.>>
!!!!!! Shit! Now that you reminded me I guess I got to worry about how to make Fuujin's weapon.... I don't even know how I'm going to do it! Any suggestions how to do it? :: panics!::

Wolfwood6
11-14-2002, 05:57 PM
I believe 15 normal people looked at you strangely, and 8 fanboys were staring at you in a weird way also Ava

Oshi
11-14-2002, 06:58 PM
!!!!!! Shit! Now that you reminded me I guess I got to worry about how to make Fuujin's weapon.... I don't even know how I'm going to do it! Any suggestions how to do it? :: panics!::
*cough*
*holds up a "For Hire" sign*
:)

TyJILDown
11-14-2002, 08:00 PM
There goes Oshi whoring his 'mad skillz'...

leilanihime
11-14-2002, 08:01 PM
Who will soon be broke again? *sing*
*points to Neko with a sign, "Neko! Neko!"*

But then again, you can never be broke with me, your pimp chocobo, around.

Or is it that I can never be broke...?

"God made Adam first. God made Man. God made a few mistakes..."
-Leilani

makio
11-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Oshi's not too bad with props actually...if he's willing, I'd ask'em to make that pinwheel for ya!

As for material to use...hell, the Fuujin at the FFBall had one made out of thinly-cut wood. Quite durable, actually...though from the look of things, she probably had to put at least 2.5 coats of paint on it to keep it from looking like the wood sponged it up.

krystal1314
11-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Shit! Now that you reminded me I guess I got to worry about how to make Fuujin's weapon.... I don't even know how I'm going to do it! Any suggestions how to do it? :: panics!::[/color] [/B]

Hehe... So I guess everybody will have weapons?? I should really start on mine... The Shooting Star shouldn't be hard to make!..... Right? lol :thumbsup:

TyJILDown
11-14-2002, 11:34 PM
I planed on doing my Katals this weekend but I doubt I will be working outside with the horrid weather coming our way. Eh I don't understand that we have a workshop but my mom wants me to do the woodwork outside ;_;

YuffieBunny
11-15-2002, 07:54 AM
alright... lolly i haven't posted in a while U_U; but i wanted to make it clear:
1: if u need a ride to Otakon and don't want a train or bus ride, im sure i can fit one or two people into one of the cars we're going down in.
2: someone might be able to stay in the room with me, maybe two or three if we get realli tight for space, there's always the floor and those hotel room chairs.

i'm just keep the option open to all of you i do have room in the car and the room, i'm gonna be coming from NJ, so yeah, any of u in NJ/NY that want that ride or such can help with gas money and such and that'll be fine.

as for the weapons problem im noticing: my dad is veri good at making relistic weapons, he's able to get a hold of things other than wood that looks like metal, but you can get away with it at the conventions. so if any body wants any help my dad and i would be more than willing to help make weapons.

IIE i'm in skool.. haha g2g

Irvy
11-15-2002, 09:51 AM
mwa..I got my weapon all set *spins toy rifle around* simple and yet effective. Mike and me pretty much lucked out on weapons. Most Irvine cosplayers just have to buy a toy rifle/shotgun and Zells just have to wear gloves.
We still have a lot of time untill otakon but we should start getting a head count of hwo is going to be rooming with who. Plus where they are coming from. I am figuring everyone from NJ/NY is gonna get there pretty early, check in and run off to the con. I might have a ride so hopefully I'll be able to get there early, but you never know with traffic and all. So I was thinking if you guys plan to leave before Mike and me get there, when you go to check in( I am assuming steph's the one booking the room) only ask for three keys at the time and then tell them that you have a friend coming(give them my name) and whenever she arrives give her a key. That way Mike and me can go to our room with out anyone having to wait, chuck our bags somewhere, change into our costumes and take off. Ooh, btw if anyone has a cellphone number it might be a good idea to give it to people closure to the time. that way if we don't all arive at the same time we can call each other at the con and it'd make it a lot easier to meet up ^^

YuffieBunny
11-15-2002, 11:49 AM
I agree with Irvy, trading of the cell numbers would be good. i believe Steph still has mine, and if any body else i feel needs it i shall give it to them.
when u do book the room and go to get the keys and such, leave the name of anyone who's NOT there that WILL be there at the desk, once the people get there they can show ID for the key, but yeah, having cell numbers will help a lot!!! i'll trade off numbers with any of you just in case. cuz if u can't get a hold of ur room mate u can always store stuff in my room until u do. =P we shall work as a team har har

AND DON'T FORGET YOUR BATHING SUITS!!!!!!

Oshi
11-15-2002, 12:30 PM
484-802-2934 is my cell.
Wee... I give private info on the net.
It's still funy that we're getting this out of the way now, when the con is at least 7 months away ^^;
But, it is a good idea, cuz I wanna get the rooms reserved and do a group pre reg as soon as the dates and everything become avaliable.

Neko Cathy
11-15-2002, 12:52 PM
<<Who will soon be broke again? *sing* *points to Neko with a sign, "Neko! Neko!"*>>
Alright Leilani... who has a job and who doesn't? Who's the one who makes 8 bucks an hour? >:P

<<my dad is veri good at making relistic weapons, he's able to get a hold of things other than wood that looks like metal, but you can get away with it at the conventions.>>
::looks at Oshi... looks back...:: .......

<<*cough*
*holds up a "For Hire" sign* >>
.... DAMMIT I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND!!!!!

<<There goes Oshi whoring his 'mad skillz'...>>
Yum :)

<<Most Irvine cosplayers just have to buy a toy rifle/shotgun and Zells just have to wear gloves. >>
Yea... I envy you guys a lot who don't have to worry about going through so much trouble of making a weapon.

<<I agree with Irvy, trading of the cell numbers would be good.>>
That's a good idea... but I'll think about it since I will be carrying my cellphone... ::looks at her crappy phone bill and faints::

<<AND DON'T FORGET YOUR BATHING SUITS!!!!!!>>
Yea, we all should go to the Rehobeth outlet stores and go bikini shopping there during Spring Break ;)

Wolfwood6
11-15-2002, 08:41 PM
I barely remember my cell phone number i'll just have to look it up again -_-;;;;

Oshi
11-15-2002, 09:01 PM
1 h4\/3 73h 3L33t w00dw3r|<1ng 5k1llz!!!

TyJILDown
11-15-2002, 11:49 PM
Oh yes, here's my cell number: 516-978-8906
I have it with me at all times and will drag it around the con ^^
Free nights and weekends, w00t!
I'll add everyone's cell/pager numbers to my phonebook on my cell.

Irvy is gonna practice some stuff with me when she stays at my house for New Years week so I'll have everything down pat for the skit too weee

Anyways, besides hotel reservations and con registration, we gotta arrange train details for those traveling by train so we can all get our tickets and sit together ^^

But yes, I shall remember my bathingsuit. *needs to buy a new one ^^;;*

Irvy
11-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Lol wow, everyone's so open about giving their cellphone numbers out. If anyone wants mine, feel free to contact me in IMs or PM me some time and I'll give it to you ^^
Lol careful with what you say Bunny or I'll end up stalking you in the con and tossing all my crap into your room XD

YuffieBunny
11-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Lol careful with what you say Bunny or I'll end up stalking you in the con and tossing all my crap into your room XD

LMAO!!! hahahaha well now... Irvy will be the room pimp lolly

Lady Ava
11-17-2002, 12:48 PM
I feel outta the loop....I don't have a cell phone......Until I get a car, no cell phone for me. Oh well. So yea, i know all about train information and that kinda stuff. Anyone have any questions, feel free to IM me or E-mail me.

A bathing suit.....
*Looks over at hers and sighs* I haven't gone swimming since Band Camp....(No American Pie jokes welcome...) Oshi, you saw how hard we work @ camp on that video ^^V 14 hours people of work for four days straight!

*Glances around and sinks back into the chair, clearing throat* Yes well....I'm finished. So yea. IM me if you have any questions.

Oshi
11-17-2002, 10:57 PM
The room situation still seems very discombobulated... once we get dates for Otakon, we're gonna have to sit down in a chatroom and discuss who's staying where... cuz I'm confused right now...
I should try and get a list together... Perhaps I'll take charge of reserving rooms for this deal... bout time I did something other than leech >.>;

Oshi
11-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Okay... I kinda got a list...

ROOMING:
Me, Mike(Cid), Mark (my bro), Cait, Matt, Steph, Irvy, Mike(Zell), Jil
OWN ROOMS:
Neko, Leilani
Bunny, Edea
UNKNOWN:
Will, Makio, Shini, ChiaChi, Ian, Jing

So that would leave 9 people rooming with us, so I think one Quad room would do it...

What I need to know...
Cait and/or Matt: Is Dave coming?
Neko, Bunny: Am I correct that you'll be elsewhere?
And the people who might also join us would be Shini and Ian...
And I need to know if there are any other people coming along...

Um... okay... how about everybody emails me and clearly tells me what their room situation is, if they'll be on their own or will be with me, and who you are bringing with you... Even if I listed ya... just... email me. oshi@comcast.net

Irvy
11-18-2002, 12:24 AM
Yea, going to a chatroom and talking all of this out would be a good job. Isn't Kim a possibility for our Selphie as well? Although I am guessing she is gonna be rooming with Chia-chi.

makio
11-18-2002, 04:08 AM
I'm probably going to do the same thing I did at Nekocon...I'll purchase a room for myself but with two beds in case someone needs a place to crash. Of course, that plan isn't definite - especially since I don't know when/if Otakon is taking place in 2003.

Neko Cathy
11-18-2002, 01:03 PM
<<once we get dates for Otakon, we're gonna have to sit down in a chatroom and discuss who's staying where... cuz I'm confused right now...>>
I was just about to say thing. We might not know about the Otakon dates until around Febuary.

<<Neko, Bunny: Am I correct that you'll be elsewhere?>>
I don't know about Bunny, but you are correct. Leilani and I are going to try and reserve a room @ the same hotel with you guys and meet you somewhere... at the convention or at the hotel. We come from the South Side :rockon:. I have a cell phone, but right now I am still not comfortable about just giving it out here because:
1) Verizon's services and billings sucks and I don't have free weekend nights or whatever. I'm sorry, but I am cheap and it's the only phone service I can afford for right now. ^_^
2) It's usually turned off anyway (but I'll leave it on by the time the convention starts)
3) I don't really know you guys and until we get to meet each other (like at Katsucon or we set up a meeting time when Otakon comes) in person... I'll cough up my number to some of you guys.

<<...I'll purchase a room for myself but with two beds in case someone needs a place to crash.>>
Wouldn't that be a bit expensive though? Some hotels will give you a cot for free.

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 01:47 PM
hai, i have my own room, but like i said if one of the people that doesn't have a room would like to stay it'stotaly kewl.

Wolfwood6
11-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Dave might be coming oshi, i dont know just yet

krystal1314
11-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Dave might be coming oshi, i dont know just yet

NO!!! THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No offense Wolfwood, but you, Oshi, and Cait know very well what I'm talking about :thumbsup: If he's planning to do the stuff he did like at the party, then I'd be better off dead :p

Wolfwood6
11-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Harsh, but point taken, and he said he would do it again....

krystal1314
11-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Harsh, but point taken, and he said he would do it again....

Nooooo.... *hides between Bunny and Cait*

Oshi
11-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Hm... good point... Well if he wants to start shit again, he better find another room to stay in...

Yeah, I'm probably gonna reserve two rooms, and then we'll have as much space as we may possibly need, for up to like 14 people...

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 05:42 PM
i dunno wut happened but if he tries anything else he'll have to deal with me >=D I be Steph's body guard hehehe

Irvy
11-18-2002, 05:46 PM
No offense to you wolfwood, but I am not driving 11 hours and wasting all that money to haev some brat ruin my experience. I am sure everyone feels the same way.

krystal1314
11-18-2002, 05:47 PM
*glomps Bunny* ARIGATOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 05:48 PM
*glomps Bunny* ARIGATOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no problem!! hehehe someone's gotta look out for the best Rinoa!! hehehe *puff out chest* Rikku does a good job ^_^

krystal1314
11-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Hehe Bunny... you're too nice, lol ^^
I'm sure you're gonna whip those fanboys too! You'd be our official FF8 bodyguard! Huzzah! lol

Irvy
11-18-2002, 05:54 PM
hey, I want a body guard..;_; *sniffles, not feelin' the love*

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 05:55 PM
hey now!! that sounds like an idea!!!

heheh dun worry Irvy, i'll be a body guard for the both of you ^_^ YEY!!!

i can whip fanbois!

Irvy
11-18-2002, 05:58 PM
yoshI! * gonna be protected* Heeey, how come you are posting on the message board but haev your afk message up? Don't feel like talking to a lot of people?*needs to do that and do her research* ><()

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 06:01 PM
hehe yey!! me and my whip are lethal baby! ^_~

hehe yeah, i have some stuff going on... so i put the away message up hahahaha

Irvy
11-18-2002, 06:09 PM
oh, okay. Hmm, I think everyone is doing seperate stuff for new years *not sure* but we all need to met up on the first or second of January ^^ I need to explore NYC! Yanno..go to all of the cool local places.

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 06:15 PM
hehe yeah i'll be at my friends house but we MUST meet up and chill

Irvy
11-18-2002, 06:23 PM
*nods* if I don't get to hang out with everyone while I'm there that's just gonna suck! The friend I amg oing with wants to meet up with one of her friends as well. Which I am thinking isn't gonna be that big of a deal *sniffs her milk* lukewarm milk is no good.

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 06:25 PM
lolly yeah it'll be so sucky if u come all this way not to see us! =P luckwarm milk so NOT good lolly

TyJILDown
11-18-2002, 08:40 PM
*nods* if I don't get to hang out with everyone while I'm there that's just gonna suck! The friend I amg oing with wants to meet up with one of her friends as well. Which I am thinking isn't gonna be that big of a deal *sniffs her milk* lukewarm milk is no good.

You'll probably be sick of me by time you leave my place =P

We gotta discuss final plans as well!

YuffieBunny
11-18-2002, 08:42 PM
come now hun! we chilled for how long melting outside of MTV and i didn't get sick of ya! lolly damn we rule XD

TyJILDown
11-18-2002, 09:24 PM
LOL Very true! GAWD it was SOOO hot that day, I wanted to kill myself for wearing denim pants and my poster wasn't much of a fan! Damn you for wearing a skirt that day, lucky SOB...then there was me stuck with my watery Smoothie King drink!

We indeed rule, roarrrr!

Oshi
11-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Ah, how I wish I lived further north and be able to hang out easier...

...well, if I ever get kicked out of my house, I'm moving to Easton PA ;D Much much closer

Wolfwood6
11-19-2002, 04:12 PM
I thought i was the official Otakon bodyguard...i mean i am 6'2 and 240, i can lift a medium sized buick, not to mention i am Cosplaying Ward lol ^_^;;; Can i be bodyguard? (Ava remember the fanboy i anhilliated at AXNY??? LOL!!!!) and by the way BIG SUPER HAPPY SMILE BIRTHDAY TO LADY AVA!!!!!!!!

Oshi
11-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Hey now, I may be small, but I'm agile and relatively strong... not to mention I'll be wielding big wooden swords all weekend, and have some martial arts training under my belt.

Oshi, Matt, and Bunny, official Otakon bodyguards >=D
I mean, with how big our group is, 3 is better than 1 ;D

And I second the BIG SUPER HAPPY SMILE BIRTHDAY to Ava!! ^^

YuffieBunny
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
BHWAAHAHAHA yesh x-tina we rule like u wouldn't believe!! haha i have pictures of u from that day!!! lolly.

YEY!!! Oshi, Matt and Bunny are the official Otakon Bodyguards. bwah we kick ass *literaly*

Wolfwood6
11-19-2002, 07:18 PM
::Can't wait till the "bodyguard's only Fanboy throwing contest" I'm a GUARANTEED WINNER!!!!!!

TyJILDown
11-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Dude, I have a picture of your ass from that day...must find it LOL

And GAWD I looked TOTALLY different back then, those pics scare me...will search for the pictures now...

UPDATE: I HAVE LOCATED BUNNY'S ASS! w00t, pink plaid skirt with chocolate starfish stickers on it =P I also found a pic of me wiht the sign I made *shivers*

Neko Cathy
11-19-2002, 09:08 PM
<<i dunno wut happened but if he tries anything else he'll have to deal with me >=D I be Steph's body guard hehehe>>
::opens her mouth about the bodyguard topic, but immediately closes it after reading more posts::
If anyone is giving people shit, especially towards me or Leilani... shit will hit the fan and it won't be pretty. I'm not wasting 300 bucks to be ruined so don't screw things up and ruining it for people who had to spend a crap load of money getting over here. And a word of warning: you don't want to piss me off...

Fanboys? I can deal with them... but I might need some backup

<<lukewarm milk is no good.>>
Only with sugar. Neow.

<<Ah, how I wish I lived further north and be able to hang out easier... >>
AGREED. But it also can be crowded up there too... and crowds are bad :(

<<Dude, I have a picture of your ass from that day...must find it LOL

And GAWD I looked TOTALLY different back then, those pics scare me...will search for the pictures now...

UPDATE: I HAVE LOCATED BUNNY'S ASS! w00t, pink plaid skirt with chocolate starfish stickers on it =P I also found a pic of me wiht the sign I made *shivers*>>
....I'm not even going to ask....

Irvy
11-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Nothing beats looking at the message board to see a discussion of someones ass! *coughs lightly* uh yea anyways o.o; I don't think I'll get sick of you at alL! Lol I'll prolly be moping when I have to go back to Michigan.

krystal1314
11-19-2002, 10:19 PM
*Feels save ^^* hehehe...
Prolly the person that will get mobbed by mucho fanboys is gonna be Bunny with her UBER sexy Quisty costume, lol!

Oshi
11-19-2002, 11:25 PM
I feel sorry for any fanboy who tries to go after Bunny... *cackle*

YuffieBunny
11-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
I feel sorry for any fanboy who tries to go after Bunny... *cackle*

fufufufuf *blushes wildly* i feel so loved with the comments on my ass and the fact that fanbois will love me.

hahahah but Oshi is right, they should fear if they get too close *evil laugh* but only the kawaii ones shall be able to play XD

leilanihime
11-20-2002, 02:16 PM
NekoCathy Wrote:

:pens her mouth about the bodyguard topic, but immediately closes it after reading more posts::
If anyone is giving people shit, especially towards me or Leilani... shit will hit the fan and it won't be pretty. I'm not wasting 300 bucks to be ruined so don't screw things up and ruining it for people who had to spend a crap load of money getting over here. And a word of warning: you don't want to piss me off...

Fanboys? I can deal with them... but I might need some backup--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got your backup right here, Neko!
Atashi wa CHASTITY CHOCOBO desu!! Protecting semi-innocent nekos from raving fanboys the world over!

OH, yeah, Neko can be pretty darn scary. One time I made fun of her in the chat and she came over to my house. I hid in the bathroom while she paced menacingly. *shudders* Ugh, it is so a death wish to piss her off. :( :thumbsup:

Wolfwood6
11-20-2002, 02:42 PM
The last time some crazy fanboy attacked my client, i threw them halfway across the con, it wasnt a pretty sight, funny, we have all 3 forms of bodyguards, the brute, the brains, and the beauty lol

makio
11-20-2002, 02:49 PM
Nothing wrong with fans/otaku in my book, just as long as they respect other people's space and property. I've seen really nice folk and then the "creepy-get-the-'F-away-from-following-my-friend-around" type.

Given the kind of group we're putting together, I'd be more wary of people snapping super-bright flash cameras. ;)

krystal1314
11-20-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by MakioTwist

Given the kind of group we're putting together, I'd be more wary of people snapping super-bright flash cameras. ;)

Hehe... *remembers AXNY*
At AXNY at the FF group pictures, we couldn't take a step w/t getting flashed by random cameras, lol and after we were done, I was literally walking around seeing red spots everywhere :thumbsup:

YuffieBunny
11-20-2002, 03:31 PM
lolly maybe we should bring sunglasse too XD

dun worry, if any fans bother you just come to me cuz i'll whip their arses back into lie ^^;

Lady Ava
11-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Fanboys *shutters* God, Wolfwood knows who I'm thinking of. The creep Van wanna-be. My gosh. He was circling me, looking at all of the details on my costume at AXNY. He was truely creepy. That's why I'm a little worried about my Yuna FFX-2 outfit ^^; Oshi! BE MY BODYGUARD! *runs and hides behind Oshi*

Wolfwood6
11-20-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm a much better bodyguard than oshi is haha!, i can break oshi like twig, although i'd rather not. he's probably a good ally in battle, and that van guy wont bother you again ::remembers how he chased him off after the dude wouldnt leave shini alone::

Oshi
11-20-2002, 08:35 PM
*hoists his not-yet-existant 7' Auron sword over his shoulder*
*watches fanboys back away*
>=D

YuffieBunny
11-20-2002, 09:26 PM
*cracks whip*

nuff said >=D

krystal1314
11-20-2002, 09:31 PM
::remembers how he chased him off after the dude wouldnt leave shini alone::

From what I recall, wasn't it the *other* Matt that chased him away? lol :thumbsup:

Irvy
11-20-2002, 09:34 PM
That guy was so annoying. He was all" If she hits me again I am going to report her::whine whine::" and I told him to back off and she'd leave him alone:;flexes her..jaw!:;words are stronger than actions some time.
You guys may have the strenght..the sword or even the whip but none can compete with..the PIMP knucklerings! Good for pimp slappin' all those who get too stalkerish!

YuffieBunny
11-21-2002, 12:09 PM
LMAO the pimp! hahahaha. damn, i do feel sorri for any one who tries to get too close to us. we're all gonna be openin' a can o' whoop ass on them hahaha

Neko Cathy
11-21-2002, 12:58 PM
<<hahahah but Oshi is right, they should fear if they get too close *evil laugh* but only the kawaii ones shall be able to play XD>>
Abso-fricken-lutely. Only the real good looking Bishounens are allowed to drool over our bodies. That I can agree but if they smell or have a poor higene (sp?) and no offense to sound stuck up, I'm going to back the hell away and act as if he doesn't exist.

<<I've got your backup right here, Neko!
Atashi wa CHASTITY CHOCOBO desu!! Protecting semi-innocent nekos from raving fanboys the world over!>>
Hehehe... You're my first Bodyguard. I would be very surpirsed to see any guy wanting to stalk or have a major crush on Fuujin since she doesn't have any attractive physical features. If anyone was going to have perverted thoughts about Fuujin... no offense but that would be sick than thinking of getting with Hojo.

For my Yuni costum, I can see it happening. Fortunately my hot Asian DDR maniac man, Mitch, who still agrees to cosplay as Akira with me even though I told him I couldn't date him, is also my bodyguard #2. And beware, he's a hockey player and has the strength to knock someone down. I pretty well prepared to deal with the Ecchi crowd so don't ***k with me :D

::looks down at her legs:: They've been getting a hell of a lot stronger since the Track coach forced me to run 2 miles without stopping all this week... my muscles will be strong as steel when Otakon comes around and I'll be prepared from some groin and as kicking when it comes to tough, ecchi situations. Haha! THANK YOU DDR!

<<OH, yeah, Neko can be pretty darn scary. One time I made fun of her in the chat and she came over to my house. I hid in the bathroom while she paced menacingly. *shudders* Ugh, it is so a death wish to piss her off.>>
Mwahahaha. However, I will attack someone physically at the last resort or how far you push me into a corner. I like to use threats and warnings against people to see how far they're willing to fight me. :devil:

<<The last time some crazy fanboy attacked my client, i threw them halfway across the con...>>
MY HERO!

<<Nothing wrong with fans/otaku in my book, just as long as they respect other people's space and property.>>
::nodds::

<<At AXNY at the FF group pictures, we couldn't take a step w/t getting flashed by random cameras>>
..... Thank god I don't have to smile being Fuujin if I'm being showered by flash photography. I dunno... every time I smile while being put on spot with a camera... I look really dumb.

<<lolly maybe we should bring sunglasse too XD>>
::hides behind her eyepatch::

<<My gosh. He was circling me, looking at all of the details on my costume at AXNY. He was truely creepy.>>
....ewe..... :(

<<I'm a much better bodyguard than oshi is haha!, i can break oshi like twig, although i'd rather not.>>
::cocks an eyebrow at him:: O_o?

<<That guy was so annoying. He was all" If she hits me again I am going to report her>>
BRAWL! Dude, I'd get into any fight, but then again, let's not get kicked ot of the Baltimore Convention center. Moving right along...

Oshi
11-21-2002, 02:01 PM
I think the bodyguards officially outnumber those who need guarding... o_o;; We are one helluva group XD

<<That's why I'm a little worried about my Yuna FFX-2 outfit ^^; Oshi! BE MY BODYGUARD! *runs and hides behind Oshi*>>
ph33r n0t! ^^
*stands all wannabe-buff with arms crossed* NONE SHALL PASS. >=D

Lady Ava
11-21-2002, 02:21 PM
I think the bodyguards officially outnumber those who need guarding... o_o;; We are one helluva group XD

<<That's why I'm a little worried about my Yuna FFX-2 outfit ^^; Oshi! BE MY BODYGUARD! *runs and hides behind Oshi*>>
ph33r n0t! ^^
*stands all wannabe-buff with arms crossed* NONE SHALL PASS. >=D

-^-^-
Thanks everyone. *hugs* And thank you Oshi *kiss*

Oh yeah, who here thinks that people who have never been to a convention or cosplay no less say anything about how a convention or how 'ugly' a cosplay outfit is?

Well, apparently, two jerks in my school think they do. They have restarted a new Anime club in our school so that I wouldn't be able to have mine back.

The went surfin and found pictures of alot of cosplayers, including most of us on this forum. They threw the pictures at me and are like, "You guys honestly have the worst cosplay outfits we have ever seen."

This coming from guys who have never seen an anime convention or have ever worn a cosplay outfit. I was ready to drill them into the wall and leave them there! If they do it again, anyone wanna rally with me? Just grab your weapons and torches....

Just thought ya all should know. Want to know more....look at my live journal....the name is lady_ava (how original ^^)

Oshi
11-21-2002, 02:26 PM
We've got some of the best in the east in this group... Wannabe-Otaku like them piss me off... Hold me back if I ever come across them...

Wolfwood6
11-21-2002, 02:50 PM
From what I recall, wasn't it the *other* Matt that chased him away? lol :thumbsup:

he chased him once, but i dealth the final blow, he never came back after i was through with him, the other matt tried and failed miserably

Irvy
11-21-2002, 03:34 PM
Oi, what a bunch of asses. If I see them I won'tneed need any weapons *will tell them off good* People spend a lot of time on their costumes andsomeone who has never even gone to a convention or cosplayed shouldn't say anything >/

YuffieBunny
11-21-2002, 06:45 PM
lolly damn we rule XD we're all gonna be body guarding other body guards... wtf? hahaha

*ugh* *hands fall off* art class is tuff... *cries*

Wolfwood6
11-21-2002, 07:31 PM
We rock lol XD

Wolfwood6
11-21-2002, 07:32 PM
The went surfin and found pictures of alot of cosplayers, including most of us on this forum. They threw the pictures at me and are like, "You guys honestly have the worst cosplay outfits we have ever seen."

This coming from guys who have never seen an anime convention or have ever worn a cosplay outfit. I was ready to drill them into the wall and leave them there! If they do it again, anyone wanna rally with me? Just grab your weapons and torches....

Just thought ya all should know. Want to know more....look at my live journal....the name is lady_ava (how original ^^) [/B][/QUOTE]

::Matt grabs his katana and prepares for battle:: ^_^ :devil:

Oshi
11-21-2002, 09:18 PM
I second that notion... *grabs his katana as well* Time to kick some wannab-otaku ass!! >=D

Lady Ava
11-22-2002, 08:53 AM
YAY! *Grabs her double katanas* LET'S GO!!!

*pause* wait....I don't wanna get kicked outta school ^^;

OH! Random thing: In the spring, I'm planning on having a cosplay photoshoot and then film a new music video. If ya all are interested, you are more than welcome to join in. I need people for the video. Steph, I got us a ballroom!!!! So, i think this is gonna work! More details to come!

YuffieBunny
11-22-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Lady Ava
OH! Random thing: In the spring, I'm planning on having a cosplay photoshoot and then film a new music video. If ya all are interested, you are more than welcome to join in. I need people for the video. Steph, I got us a ballroom!!!! So, i think this is gonna work! More details to come!

better count me in for this ^^;

TyJILDown
11-22-2002, 10:36 AM
I'm interested as well ^^;;

Neko Cathy
11-22-2002, 12:40 PM
<<The went surfin and found pictures of alot of cosplayers, including most of us on this forum. They threw the pictures at me and are like, "You guys honestly have the worst cosplay outfits we have ever seen."

This coming from guys who have never seen an anime convention or have ever worn a cosplay outfit. I was ready to drill them into the wall and leave them there! If they do it again, anyone wanna rally with me? Just grab your weapons and torches.... >>
By any psychological means, and any idiot can figure this out, is that they're jealous or just plain rude. Then again, a true Otaku will never show up at an Anime convention.

<<We've got some of the best in the east in this group... Wannabe-Otaku like them piss me off...>>
"YAY! DRAGON BALL Z IS AWESOME!" I hear that so many times by people in school who think they match up to Otakuness and base their lives on it. Yes, I exactly know what you mean and if we do turn out as one of the best groups @ Otakon, we'll have something to show.

<<If I see them I won'tneed need any weapons *will tell them off good* People spend a lot of time on their costumes andsomeone who has never even gone to a convention or cosplayed shouldn't say anything >/>>
Now that you mentioned it, I guess that it the greatest insult to say to a cosplayer at an Anime conventions, unless they meant to screw up intentionally. Making a costume requries a lot of time and money like you said and a lot of cosplayers would take an insult about their costume very personally.

<<we're all gonna be body guarding other body guards... wtf? hahaha>>
Group partnershiping. I like the idea... sounds very trustworthy.

<<In the spring, I'm planning on having a cosplay photoshoot and then film a new music video. If ya all are interested, you are more than welcome to join in. I need people for the video.>>
Depending on how many of you I'm going to meet @ Katsucon... it would be very possible that I can do it... if you need me.

Irvy
11-23-2002, 11:04 AM
..damn distance ;__;

Lady Ava
11-23-2002, 07:38 PM
I'll explain the layout.....

A group of otakus wander into this old abandon ballroom and they just start looking around and admiring the stuff and what not. Then, the lead girl in the group, goes out onto the dance floor and starts spinning around, as if she can hear music. She closes her eyes and then, when they open, the entire ballroom is lit and she's right in the middle of the Final Fantasy VIII ballroom scene.

It will probably take all day to film, but it should be well worth it... More details soon. (But, I'm NOT playing Squall again)

Wolfwood6
11-24-2002, 07:42 AM
Mesa play squall!!!!

Oshi
11-24-2002, 10:28 AM
Hm... I can't see Seifer fitting too well... maybe I should make a SeeD uniform after all... Ah, we'll see...

krystal1314
11-24-2002, 10:34 AM
I'll also be a SeeD student! >^^< Hopefully my costume will be done on time!

Lady Ava
11-24-2002, 04:48 PM
I'am gonna need one girl to play a ballroom version of Rinoa and one guy to play the ballroom version of Squall. They have to look VERY CLOSE to the actual characters. Otherwise, the video can't be taken @ Otakon. Any people volenteer?

YuffieBunny
11-24-2002, 04:49 PM
i voleteer Steph once she finishes her Rinoa ballroom dress ^^;

Wolfwood6
11-24-2002, 05:42 PM
I nominate to play squall...MYSELF ^_^;;;; lol j/k

Oshi
11-24-2002, 06:32 PM
i voleteer Steph once she finishes her Rinoa ballroom dress ^^; Absolutely.

Now... who can we find that looks like Squall...
"Will?"
...who lives close enough to do this...
"Ohh.."
erk...someone comes to mind, but I dunno how keen he or anybody else would be on having him...

krystal1314
11-24-2002, 09:47 PM

erk...someone comes to mind, but I dunno how keen he or anybody else would be on having him...

Please don't say Matt N... u_u

Oshi
11-24-2002, 10:11 PM
Like I said. Not too keen on having him...
*shrug* Well, we'll figure something out.

Lady Ava
11-26-2002, 09:06 AM
On a different subject....should I bring my Squall outfit to otakon?

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 10:55 AM
whoo hoo.....thanks to bunny I can finally get in on the postings here. phew sooo many to sift through. Oh let me introduce myself, *cough* I'll be the one cosplaying Edea. ^_^ Like Will I wasn't aware this was going to be used for a skit, I thought it was for walk-around photo shoots etc. Though I don't think my chara would fit in the skits designed so I suppose no worries then.

Kamui Motoaki
11-26-2002, 12:01 PM
wow. . this thread continued under my nose!

but yea. .if you need Squall. . i have all three of his Outfits. .
so like. . IM me and tell me the detail Oshi. . or Steph. .or someone. . . thanks ^_^

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Dahlia
whoo hoo.....thanks to bunny I can finally get in on the postings here. phew sooo many to sift through. Oh let me introduce myself, *cough* I'll be the one cosplaying Edea. ^_^ Like Will I wasn't aware this was going to be used for a skit, I thought it was for walk-around photo shoots etc. Though I don't think my chara would fit in the skits designed so I suppose no worries then.

yey u made it!! LMAO your e-mail is still coming to me blank O_O i dunno wut's up with it.. haha.

yeah we had a lot going on and i figured i should let u see.. hehe. i'm so happi we have an Edea! *pounces u*

Oshi
11-26-2002, 02:00 PM
Welcome to our massive, insane group, Dahlia ^^; Thanks for joining us!
Heyy, you're from PA also, I see. Coolness.

Cait: Yeah, bring it just in case ;)

Will: We really just need you for the group and photoshoot. Though we'd like it if you could be in our skit ^^

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:01 PM
ooo ooo and the video too will!! PLEASE?

Oshi
11-26-2002, 02:03 PM
Bunny; He does live a little far to come up for the video ^^;;

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:04 PM
I'LL MAKE HIM COME HERE!!

=D

Wolfwood6
11-26-2002, 02:07 PM
bunny, lure him in with your pfil costume lol ^_^;

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:09 PM
omg lolly that's a good idea XD *hentai grin*

Kamui Motoaki
11-26-2002, 02:11 PM
??? wha? where do you guys live?

Wolfwood6
11-26-2002, 02:12 PM
we both live in NJ

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:13 PM
nue joysey

Kamui Motoaki
11-26-2002, 02:15 PM
hm. . well i can do the Group photo thing and whatever else you guys want at Otakon. .as for going to N/J. . . if i had money. .i'd go. . *shrug*

Wolfwood6
11-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Then save yo money bro!!!! lol

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:17 PM
awww still kewl though. hehehehe i break ur legs and put u in body bag, u can vsit for free!!

Wolfwood6
11-26-2002, 02:20 PM
ummmm...ow?

Wolfwood6
11-26-2002, 02:21 PM
(hehe hey will it might be kinky hentai fun to have her break your legs)

Kamui Motoaki
11-26-2002, 02:22 PM
. . .. . . . ..
uh. . .
. . . .. . .. .
what kinda movie is this agian?

Wolfwood6
11-26-2002, 02:23 PM
lol

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Oshi, thank you for the welcome. ^_^ I luv insaneness so I'm more then happy to be invited. where abouts in PA do u hail from? I'm NE Philly, about 45 min. away from philly actually.

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Oshi, thank you for the welcome. ^_^ I luv insaneness so I'm more then happy to be invited. where abouts in PA do u hail from? I'm NE Philly, about 45 min. away from philly actually.

oo depending on which direction, u aren't too far

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 02:28 PM
um....bucks county area. and what's this about a movie?

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:29 PM
hmmm not sure how close/far that is.

ooooh yeah our Yuna (Cait) is making like this music video thingy for FF8 ^^; it's gonna be like the ballroom theme, if u jump back a few pages we're talking about it

Oshi
11-26-2002, 02:45 PM
Heh, I'm due west of Philly, right along Rt. 3 in the northern corner of Delaware County. About 20-30 mins from the city, dunno.

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 02:48 PM
hmmm not sure how close/far that is.

ooooh yeah our Yuna (Cait) is making like this music video thingy for FF8 ^^; it's gonna be like the ballroom theme, if u jump back a few pages we're talking about it

oh ok so that's the thing w/ the ballroom. makes much more sense now. sounds like a neat idea, um if you need extras let me know. ^_^

Lady Ava
11-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Hey Dahlia! welcome to the boards! *gives ten pack of Pocky to you*
Okay, my video is always in need of extras. So, you are more than welcome to be apart of it. I'm doing another "dream" based video again. I like how the last one turned out with the dream basis, that I'm gonna do it again. Will, I would love it if you could come up to Jersey around the time we're gonna film. I really need a SeeD verison of Squall. I'll try to post pics of the two places I have had offered to me. They are really pretty! And we would have to be outside this time ^^v. (Then again, I won't have to play squall again. OH HAPPY DAY!)
*clears throat* yes well.... pictures of the place coming soon....any questions, just ask ^^v

Lady Ava
11-26-2002, 03:39 PM
This is the first place. Its really awesome. Since the theater was designed to look like you were outside, the ceilings have clouds and stuff like that painted on the ceiling and they actually roll on by as you're standing there. That's one place. If i can find the other picture...then I'll post it. But, tell me what you think.

TyJILDown
11-26-2002, 04:11 PM
WOW! That room is GORGEOUS!! That would be absolutely fantastic if you got that room...

krystal1314
11-26-2002, 04:36 PM
um....bucks county area. and what's this about a movie?

Hi Dahlia!
Oohhh... Bucks County! I performed at the playhouse 2 yrs ago! I love that place!

Booyaka
11-26-2002, 05:54 PM
I'm finally posting on the damn board... After reading all 16 pages. x_x; My chances of going to Otakon is around 98% keen.. So, I should also have Selphie's SeeD uniform done by then too.. If I don't, I fear Steph's wrath. I can hopefully take the same train as all of you but I'm not that familar with the train system and such.. I dunno if the LI train is the NJ one too. :/; But nonetheless.. Otakon shall rawk, And FF8 will yet again prevail and moo to you damn FF7 lovers. FF8 is better. >_>; *hides from possible sharp objects*

Neko Cathy
11-27-2002, 12:35 PM
If I go, he can probably ride w/ me if he wants to (if I can go). 'Cuz we're from the Southside.:cheers:

YuffieBunny
11-27-2002, 12:39 PM
This is the first place. Its really awesome. Since the theater was designed to look like you were outside, the ceilings have clouds and stuff like that painted on the ceiling and they actually roll on by as you're standing there. That's one place. If i can find the other picture...then I'll post it. But, tell me what you think.

OMG that's so sugoi hun!!!! that'd be so nice for us to film there!

Neko Cathy
11-27-2002, 12:41 PM
Oh and excuse my rudeness. ::bows politely to Dahlia:: We're grateful to have you aboard. I'll be your rent-a-Fuujin for the Otakon trip, nice to meet you (and I am Seifer's bitch #2, stepping up next to Rajin) :p

Dahlia
11-27-2002, 04:20 PM
Hi Dahlia!
Oohhh... Bucks County! I performed at the playhouse 2 yrs ago! I love that place!

*thinks* is that the one in New Hope? luv that place, especially at night. What did you perform?

Dahlia
11-27-2002, 04:22 PM
Oh and excuse my rudeness. ::bows politely to Dahlia:: We're grateful to have you aboard. I'll be your rent-a-Fuujin for the Otakon trip, nice to meet you (and I am Seifer's bitch #2, stepping up next to Rajin) :p

*smiles and returns the bow* I'm thrilled to have been invited so thank you. woot I gotz me a rent-a-fuujin for the weekend ne? *eg* oh this could be fun.

Dahlia
11-27-2002, 04:25 PM
Hey Dahlia! welcome to the boards! *gives ten pack of Pocky to you*
Okay, my video is always in need of extras. So, you are more than welcome to be apart of it. I'm doing another "dream" based video again. I like how the last one turned out with the dream basis, that I'm gonna do it again. Will, I would love it if you could come up to Jersey around the time we're gonna film. I really need a SeeD verison of Squall. I'll try to post pics of the two places I have had offered to me. They are really pretty! And we would have to be outside this time ^^v. (Then again, I won't have to play squall again. OH HAPPY DAY!)
*clears throat* yes well.... pictures of the place coming soon....any questions, just ask ^^v

*bows* thanks ^_^ whoo hoo pocky!!! *nibbles on it* well let me know who or what you'd like me to do. any info. regarding this would be great, ie. dates, times etc. this sounds like so much fun.

YuffieBunny
11-27-2002, 10:23 PM
well let me know who or what you'd like me to do.

lolly... *hentai grin*

Irvy
11-27-2002, 10:51 PM
Heeey welcome to our wild and crazy board Dahlia! *waves* erm, not much I can say about the whole video thing..being down in Michigan and all but..! HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO EVERYONE ^_^

krystal1314
11-27-2002, 11:16 PM
*thinks* is that the one in New Hope? luv that place, especially at night. What did you perform?

lol, I don't remember the name... But it's the one that looks like a barn from the outside ^^ I performed Fiddler on the Roof with my school there ^^

>lolly... *hentai grin*

Bunny... 0_0 :p

Dahlia
11-28-2002, 07:34 AM

oh my, that place is just breathtakingly beautiful. *_* its absolutely perfect for this idea.

Dahlia
11-28-2002, 07:36 AM
lolly... *hentai grin*

gyah...*blushes* err....I didn't realize how that sounded till now.

Neko Cathy
11-28-2002, 07:50 AM
<<lolly... *hentai grin*>>

LoL, i love that girl... just not in that way, but you know what I mean. :razz:

Wolfwood6
11-28-2002, 08:01 AM
hehe hentai grin?? lol

Dahlia
11-28-2002, 08:08 AM
Heeey welcome to our wild and crazy board Dahlia! *waves* erm, not much I can say about the whole video thing..being down in Michigan and all but..! HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO EVERYONE ^_^

Thanks Irvy *waves back*

Krystal1314, yup that would be the place in New Hope. I think I saw something there but it was when I was a wee little thing so of course it escapes me. ^_^o I was gonna get my bellybutton pierced at a place just down from that playhouse but chickened out once I saw who would be doing it.

Cathy Neko, I just realized you live in the same county my brother just moved to back in July. ^_^

I also wanna say thank you to the very warm welcome I've gotten since I've arrived. *gives out hugs and strawberry pocky*

Wolfwood6
11-28-2002, 08:09 AM
mmmmmm strawberry pocky ::Devours pocky::

oh by the way Happy turkey day all, as for me, it's time to get stuffed!!!!

YuffieBunny
11-28-2002, 08:25 AM
HAPPI TURKEY DAY EVERYBODY!!! *hugs n gives u all a turkey with pocky stuffed up it's bum* :D lolly

hehehe HEY now! do i have to amuse everyone when i my gutter brain picks something up? hehehehe i cant help it ^_^ but i know ya'll love me hahaahaha