PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha Costume help

AnimeGamerGrl
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Me and my friends are doing costumes of Kikyo, Sango, and Shippou and I need help with the first two.
Kikyo's outfit I pretty much have covered except for one thing. Her shirt. I don't knw how the heck I'm gonna make that, because we are doing this stuff by hand, at minnimum wage of about ten bucks a week for allowance. Any idea's, suggestions, patterns, PLEASE tell me. They would be VERY helpful.
Sango, very hard. We're doing the slayer outfit. I need help with her weapons. The Katana and Hiraikoutsu. How should I do these? Also, the boots, and her face mask. It would also be helpful to know where I could find a very small full body turtle neck catsuit, but it's not a problem really. It would just save alotta time and work.

Shichan
01-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Kikyou's "shirt" is actually a kimono. I'm not sure if it's different for miko, but that's generally what's worn with hakama to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not entirely sure what a "catsuit" is, but I know you can purchase full-body mock neck unitards at adadance.com and riversedgedancewear.com etc. Is that sort of what you're looking for? ^^

Hametsu no Kaze
01-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Hiraikotsu can be made fairly cheaply out of foam or cardboard with the correct color material covering it. I chose cardboard myself and you can see how mine turned out if you look for my member gallery and decide for yourself. I'm sure theres many other and better ways but you probably risk it getting expensive or too heavy. The cheapest way to do the katana is probably what I did, though it won't look perfect. What I did was buy one of those uber cheap plastic swords that you find around halloween (also in party supply stores n costume stores the rest of the year) and paint it so it had the correct markings and colors. it was however shorter than hers should have been. I'd prob use craft foam sheets n wire for the facemask but then I tend to use very simple materials. Just my thoughts on how i did mine, maybe they'll help.

AnimeGamerGrl
01-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Kikyou's "shirt" is actually a kimono. I'm not sure if it's different for miko, but that's generally what's worn with hakama to the best of my knowledge.

I'm not entirely sure what a "catsuit" is, but I know you can purchase full-body mock neck unitards at adadance.com and riversedgedancewear.com etc. Is that sort of what you're looking for? ^^
Yes that's exactly what I need, but is there a place that isn't online that you know of?

AlikNyankoChan
01-07-2004, 10:28 PM
A local dance supply store or costume shopwould have a unitard/catsuit, but expect to pay out at least 50$ in those places for something like that. You *might* find one at a thrift shop for much less, if you're lucky. Most people don't seem to donate nice dancewear ^^;;;. Anyplace we suggest offline wouldn't likely be local to you, since it's not an item found in chain stores. Try looking in the yellow pages.

Kikyo's "shirt" is a kimono top. I believe there are some Yutaka-like patterns you can find that could be modified to her length. What Hametsu no Kaze said for the Hiraikotsu. boots can just be bootcovers, or a pair of closefitting black boots in the right length with fabric tops and accents tacked on, or made out of strechy materials.

~Alik-Nyanko