PDA

View Full Version : Sailor whatever....

Sakura_blossom
06-04-2002, 01:47 AM
HEY YA'LL!!! um... I was wondering if any of you have heard of sailor JAMboree. If you have, what do you think of their group/act/dancey song thingy? :)

:bouncer: ~*~MEI~*~:bouncer:

peacecraft
06-04-2002, 11:40 AM
I only saw them once at Ani-Magic, and there were a lot of people blocking the stage in front of me, so I couldn't see well enough to say, but obviously I've certainly heard of them.

Xion
06-04-2002, 05:21 PM
To be completely honest, I'm kind of jealous of them...^^;;;;;; but that doesn't stop me from trying harder! :drink:

Sakura_blossom
06-04-2002, 06:21 PM
oooooh! I understand your jealousy. Two of my friends are in it and it kills me everytime they talk about it. I wish I could be part of it, but frankly I dont think they like me enough. hahahaha!! Anyways, does anyone like... think they are annoying?? Is their act annoying?? What are they lacking?? What are they doing perfectly??

kelldar
06-04-2002, 09:56 PM
I've never seen them unfortunately... but their costumes are usually really cool.

Nadeshiko
06-04-2002, 10:43 PM
Yay! I get to use my new icon! *^^*

I've seen Sailor Jamboree perform at AniMagic 2000. They were really nice people. *^^* They also thought our Pokemon skit was really cute. I know Gina. I met her at Omochabox. Unfortunately, I have only seen the Light Adventure performance. I must say they're costumes are very wonderful. ^^

Michi
06-04-2002, 11:09 PM
I've seen their live performances at.. Fanime 2000, Fanime 2001, and Animagic 2001. I'm friends with a good number of them, so I've seen videos of some other performances. *shrug*

I think the drama that surrounds them is silly, but I stay far from it. I think it's neat that they have costumes so close to the originals and perform the same numbers, because for nearly two years I was an obsessive Seramyu fan.

Yupyup, that's about it. ^^;

Ukayoru no Chou
06-04-2002, 11:12 PM
I heard alot about them as well, and missed my chance of seeing them perform although..-_-; There costumes do look great,and they all seem to be spiffy people ^__^

yes...spiffy...o_o;;

Kimiko
06-11-2002, 03:20 PM
This is kinda dated, but there are other Sera Myu performance/cosplay groups out there... If anyone is interested I know of at least two.

www.yumenosenshi.org

http://www.geocities.com/Leeloo2121/Everlasting_Moonlight_Cosplay.html

and there's one called last Evolution Cosplay, but I don't know the addy for it.

Yuna
06-12-2002, 01:35 AM
I know quite a few of the members personally. I do think that it is wonderful that they have had this group, no metter if the have cycled through members, and they can still put in a good show. I'll always recpect them because they did win SDCC Best in SHow, which is to me, the hardest, most presigious award one can win at a convention.

Ina
06-12-2002, 05:06 PM
i've heard of their group lots of time, but i never really saw them perform, but i did saw their costumes, they're pretty good looking! i hope i could see them perform someday ^_^

Hikaruchan
06-20-2002, 11:37 AM
I've never seen them perform, but I saw some members costumes at Otakon and thought they were nice.

Scoti
06-20-2002, 12:06 PM
They came to Anime North this year but they performed on the Sunday afternoon and alot people had already went home since it was the last day. I was watching them for a few minutes but I started to get a headache after cuz they had the stage lights directly on them and sequence and glitter on their costumes were blinding people lol but they were still really good

FlameSniperRei
08-12-2002, 04:07 PM
o.O* ........"Sailor Whatever" .....? *cough* I just saw this thread sooo I wanted to reply.

Um..... hi everyone, I am Gina the leader of SJ. I dunno why we are popular :confused: and why there is so much drama surrounding us. *sigh* :( I wish there wasn't but people like to make my life difficult sooo there we go. :thumbsup:

We love performing and we love cosplay and we are obsessed with Sera Myu as well... and therefore our skits that were hits were SeraMyu inspired. :) We're trying out different things now for masquerades but we will always be Sailor Jamboree, and we will always perform Sera Myu when people invite us to. ^.^ We try really hard on our costumes and our skits.

Thank you all for the compliments though ^.^ !

btw...We aren't like many cosplay groups though because we do guest performances we have auditions when we recruit. So it's not about if we like people or not, it's a combination of talent, dedication, responsibility and ability to work as a team that we look for in our members. :)

Anyway enough about us, we'll see u guys at animagic! w00t!

-Gina

SohjiroX
08-12-2002, 05:23 PM
I heard of them and met one, people I know think they are a bit to much, and should cool down but hey, anime is for everyone to have fun with so I say let them be....the more fun the better right?

FlameSniperRei
08-12-2002, 07:08 PM
huh? "a bit too much" of what? I don't get it...? People always judge other people when they don't even know them. That makes me sad...

L to the 3rd
08-15-2002, 04:30 AM
Ahh my sis and I formed Sailor Jamboree...

from Sailor Moon to Final Fantasy.. we're diverse..^o^;;

Ranma Saotome
08-15-2002, 02:37 PM
I've heard of them, only through this other site - www.cosplayscandal.com

Proceed with caution with that site. Other than that, I never heard of them.

FlameSniperRei
08-15-2002, 07:47 PM
*baps Ranma* we're right here! :P

Cosplay Scandal is a bunch of BS blown outta proportion. ~.~

Ranma Saotome
08-16-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by FlameSniperRei
*baps Ranma* we're right here! :P

Cosplay Scandal is a bunch of BS blown outta proportion. ~.~

*block, counter, roundhouse kick*

I dunno... I've seen a lot of sites like that ranging from a variety of topics. All I can say is this:

1. Both sides are lying or both sides aren't.
2. Somebody came looking for a fight.

That is all, The Great Ranma has spoken.

L to the 3rd
08-16-2002, 02:20 AM
like.. whatever....since people can't judge us by what
words were said, then judge us by our actions.

Who voluntarily helped organize the Anime Jungle Karaoke/cosplay contest last weekend?
who officialized cosplay (got it Ok-ed)for us-japan expo?,
who tries to recruit talented individuals and tries to
get them to the entertainment industry? why...that would be
SJ. it's always been our mission to popularize cosplay and
spread the word about anime (sailor moon is the ''gateway''
anime too).

Hey cosplayers..we are on your side, I'll always fight for cosplayer's rights...cuz I'm a otaku-cosplayer-crazed-fan
myself. Sometimes I complain about masquerade rules..
well.. it's for the benefit of cosplayers. *shrug*

Judge us..not by words.. but by actions.

LiL QoH
08-16-2002, 02:45 AM
www.cosplayscandal.com is a crock of shit...them peoples are cwaazzzaayyy:eek: all they do it :argue: beacuse they're so :skidude2: </sarcasm> :D Seriously though don't believe every comment you read.. that site is VERY biased

Yggdrasil Pie
08-16-2002, 02:48 AM
oh...I been to that site before...Too much words...eyes hurt... @_@

L to the 3rd
08-16-2002, 02:54 AM
Hey can't I sue for the use of our photos and slander? They are
artistic properties by the photographers. *calls up
all the talented Lawyers in family*

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd

Yes, you could. And you probably should. Even if you didn't have a case with the slander (I think it's iffy online), you likely would with the photos . . .

I've been to big site about the whole thing . . . someone gave me the link, was going on about it so I took a look just to find out what the heck was even the deal . . . personally, I'm trying not to have an opinion about it because a) I don't know the people involved, b) I doubt I've heard the whole truth from people who've heard it from so and so who heard it from . . . etc and that site DEFINITELY isn't the truth (it's way too pyschotic and paranoid), and c) people who keep bringing it up are just continuing something negative . . . not that I have a problem with people asking about it, that's happened on some boards. But anyway let's not make any rifts in the cosplay community over something like that.

Not that it's really any of my business anyway . . . :crylaugh:

Ranma Saotome
08-16-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by LiL QoH
www.cosplayscandal.com is a crock of shit...them peoples are cwaazzzaayyy:eek: all they do it :argue: beacuse they're so :skidude2: </sarcasm> :D Seriously though don't believe every comment you read.. that site is VERY biased

If it's a crock of shit, explain all of the e-mails and messageboard posts that are on the site... surely that cannot be a crock of shit. :D

Ranma Saotome
08-16-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd

Before you do anything... Go here and read up first... http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 01:12 PM
Ah - I take it back. They have a disclaimer on their site (I don't remember that being there . . .). I'm not sure how legally powerful those things are, but it would sure cause a problem . . .

And . . . This thing has turned into too much of an insane example of how low people can sink already, as that site so extensively demonstrates. I don't care about the opinions it contains, putting people's names and photos on a "hit list" is beyond pushing it for me. I have no respect for whoever made the site, no matter what their reasons. How can you possibly take their case seriously given the way they present it?

FlameSniperRei
08-16-2002, 08:54 PM
can we stop talking about this?

Cosplay Scandal is extremely negative, insulting, vulgar and defaming. A lot of good people (cosplayers and convention staff) are on there that don't deserve the cruel insults. Just put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel?

The creators of the website, none other than the notorious Jasper Cosplay Closet, are banned from Anime Expo until 2005, and are permanantely banned from Animagic, and are unwelcomed to a variety of cons. All due to seperate events not concering the website but their own behaviour and actions. It takes a lot to ban people from cons, and if you put 2 and 2 together, you'll figure it out that they aren't the nicest people in the world.

I know we aren't perfect but it's downright cruel and immature to insult me and my friends and alter photos. I would never do this to anyone. I am a forgiving person and even though I don't see eye to eye with them I would never harm them.

In honor of your fellow cosplayers please do not visit that website anymore. It's too disgusting.

Cosplay should be about friendship and fun. Personal disputes should be personal. So please let's end this conversation, i'm tired of all of it.

Thank you,
Gina J.

L to the 3rd
08-16-2002, 10:20 PM
It's obvious why the scandal web site is up.. it's to generate
sympathy for Jasper (yes they are that sad to do that eh?). The tension between us and them
should be kept to that, I don't want anyone else to
be involved. it is our problem, not anyone else's.

Don't bother to try to understand it, because the story behind all
this is very long and ugly.

If you want to help out your fellow cosplayers, help out by telling others to not visit the ''crock of shyt'' site. It's just a bunch
of hate and stupidity.