PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie?

Mei Lan Chang
11-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Now, it's a given that we all watch anime, or why would you visit this forum?

But what are your favorite movies? Ya know, the non-anime kind.

Mine would have to be just about anything directed by Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Beetleguese....)

And of course...I am a martial arts movie geek. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (duh), Iron Monkey, Once Apon A Time In China.....yadda yadda...

e tu?

Dark Vision
11-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Martial arts rock. I like the matrix. and and BATMAN!!!

ryuichi fangirl
11-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Spider-man (that movie rocked!), X-Men, and Lord of the Rings

Celine
11-04-2002, 06:37 PM
BEING JOHN MALKOVICH! Weirdest movie EVER. I love it. John Cusack is a super dude. And it has Cameron Diaz looking very unlike her usual blonde and gorgeous self.

Also, The Shining. It's scary and has Jack Nicholson. It's just about the only successful suspense film I've ever seen. The Empire Strikes Back is super and it's Star Wars. I also love Disney's The Three Musketeers and Interview with the Vampire. And I admit to having seen Dude, Where's My Car waaaay too many times, because I'm retarded like that. I like Zoolander too. I have no taste. ^_^

Spooky Brew
11-04-2002, 06:39 PM
So many so many......
Celine- "Dude, sweet!"

RoseDuelist
11-04-2002, 06:43 PM
Yea, anything Tim Burton. Especially Nightmare Before Christmas and Sleepy Hollow! Um, let's see... Amelie, Lost and Delirious, Interview with the Vampire.. that's all I can think of now. I would put Queen of the Damned, but no matter how much I loved the book and soundtrack the movie SUCKED!

DJ(SiC)ness
11-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Fight Club and American Beauty are on the top of my list

The Original Star Wars Triology ( i know more about star wars than i should, yes i am a star wars geek!) The godfather, Kevin Smith movies, the original Batman (can't leave that out) Mad Max Movies (becuase i have yet to figure out what is going on)

FROM HELL!!!!! great movie

um im not all sure what else

but lately i've been wanting Tim Burton to make a movie based on Twisted Metal Black, becuase the game is all dark and spooky and i think if anyone else turned it into a movie it would suck.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-04-2002, 06:59 PM
OH i forgot to mention

ROCKY HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love that movie

ryuichi fangirl
11-04-2002, 07:02 PM
YES!! ROCKY HORROR RULES! How could I have forgotten that! *my stupid blond self*

Tenjou
11-04-2002, 07:03 PM
Rocky Horror Picture Show + Rock N Roll High School! <3 RNRHS

Celine
11-04-2002, 07:05 PM
Does the irony of this thread being in "Anime Talk" amuse anyone else? ^_^

Mei Lan Chang
11-04-2002, 07:07 PM
Wow....you practically listed all the movies I thought I would not mention because I wanted other people to say them. Woohoo!

I shall also mention I love "Requiem for a Dream" and "The Cell". Creeeeeepy psycological movies.

Spooky Brew
11-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Did someone say creepy? I fall into the category :p

Studmaster
11-04-2002, 07:15 PM
We're the Spaceballs! Watch out, We're the Spaceballs!
We're the Masters of Space!! (Don't Mess) Don't mess around with the Spaceballs!

Spaceballs is my number 1 Movie of all time.

Spooky Brew
11-04-2002, 07:24 PM
"Were not just doing it for the money, were doing it for a shitload of money!" :D

aeva
11-04-2002, 07:55 PM
Rocky Horror Picture Show, Muppet Treasure Island, Star Wars Trilogy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, and any and every Disney movie. ^^

Cassandra
11-04-2002, 07:57 PM
sooooooooooo many to choose from.

There's Spider-Man and X-Men and Harry Potter: The Sorcerers' Stone and Rocky Horror Picture Show and Monsters Inc and American Sweethearts and High Fidelity and Grosse Point Blank....oh, the list goes on and on...

Maryssa
11-04-2002, 08:36 PM
Top Gun.

close runners up are Secret of NIMH, Last Unicorn, and the Goonies.

psythe
11-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Id have to go with Batman 1 or 2, or Bram Stoker's Dracula.

kotoko
11-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Rocky Horror Picture Show, Muppet Treasure Island, Star Wars Trilogy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, and any and every Disney movie. ^^
Monty Python is so hilarous! :D Monty Python and the holy grail was like my favorite movie when i was in 7th grade XP

Shadow Lady
11-04-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang
Mine would have to be just about anything directed by Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Beetleguese....)

*raises hand* Me too!!!!
Nighmare Before Christmas rules! Tim Burton is a creative genius.

I also like Young Frankenstein and the Evil Dead movies.
Funny movies. If you havn't seen them I recomend checking them out.

"Shop smart. Shop S Mart!" ^_^

Shadow Lady
11-04-2002, 10:22 PM
Did I forget to mention I liked Ponty Python and the Holy Grail. Funny movie.

"We are the knights who say Nii!"

RoseDuelist
11-05-2002, 06:03 PM
I FORGOT ABOUT ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!! Yes, I loooooooove that one too. Especially seeing it with an audience. And from Hell is pretty good. Hell, anything with Johnny Depp is pretty good.

ryuichi fangirl
11-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by aeva

Hey, I went into Suncoast earlier and they have this handpuppet of the Monty Python rabbit! I was incredibly amused!:D

psythe
11-05-2002, 06:14 PM
Is it the one with the jaws that open up all huge? I saw one of those at DragonCon. They are hilarious!

Mei Lan Chang
11-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Lady

I also like Young Frankenstein and the Evil Dead movies.
Funny movies. If you havn't seen them I recomend checking them out.

"Shop smart. Shop S Mart!" ^_^

YES! I LOVE THE EVIL DEADS AND ARMY OF DARKNESS!!!

...-regains some composure-

"Honey...you got reaaaaal ugly."

ryuichi fangirl
11-05-2002, 06:20 PM
I know...the cashier and Ii were playing with it..lol...we got quite a few looks from people, but i was havin' a blast!

Kia
11-06-2002, 12:25 PM
I know I sound weird but... Strictly Ballroom... what can I say? I love dancing! Plus just about every (recent) Disney movie (No matter what my mom says I will NEVER grow out of loving cartoons!) ... and Resident Evil... 'cause I'm obsesed with anything to do with it!

Kia

KuroBara
11-06-2002, 04:11 PM
*blinks*

They make non-anime movies?

Just kidding! I'm actually a huge fan of musicals. I watched a lot of them with my mom when I was younger, so now I'm a broadway junkie. Anything by Rodgers & Hammerstein, my favorite is an obscure one called "State Fair". Naturally "Moulin Rouge" is one of my faves, and I can't wait for "Chicago" this winter ^_^

Other than that, "X-men", good comedies like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", and so-called sappy romantic chick flicks.

RoseDuelist
11-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Oh, I forgot a couple others. "Where the Heart is" is pretty good and so is "Amelie"... did I already say Amelie? *shrug* Oh well, its that damn good.. ^_^

c0pycat
11-09-2002, 11:16 PM
Fifth Element, Labyrinth, and umm... Cube there's more but i dont' want to get started

Mei Lan Chang
11-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Wow...someone else who actually even SAW the Cube. Did you know they are doing a sequal? Or so they said.

Sami
11-10-2002, 05:44 PM
The Cube.. was that that creepy sci-fi movie about all those people getting locked in that government box? If so, that movie was WACKED.

I severely doubt anyone has even heard of my favorite movie; it's called Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and is adapted from the Tom Stoppard play of the same name.. a semi-spin off of Hamlet through the eyes of two lesser-known characters. Excellent dry humor and deep life-pondering questions. That and Gary Oldman and Tim Roth play beautifully off of each other. :D :D :D

*literature geek...*

Umi
11-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Memento

if I had to pick a runnerup it'd be a comedy like Dogma.

And on the real-life front.... all those movies done by Michael Moore.

Rosiel
11-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Cyrano de Bergerac is THE best movie of all times.

And I'm not saying that because I am a chauvinist. ^__^

It's based on what I consider the best piece of theatre ever written in a language I can understand (Sorry, Shakespeare, Edmond Rostand has you beat.), and the latest version, while sometimes innacurate in the details, shines with the amazing performance of Depardieu, who is the best Cyrano I have ever seen (and I've seen this play more often than I can count, including many older taped performances).

Simply breathtaking in Rostand's mastery of the French language, in his wit and repartie, but also in the touching love story it chronicles.

<3 <3 <3

MitochondriaEve
11-13-2002, 07:47 AM
Interview with the Vampire [or what's called in english] is my all time favourite. I just love it. Clockwork orange is coool too.

Fireflyprincess
11-14-2002, 03:34 PM
Mine are Mortal Kombat and Jurassic park. Disney I'd say would have to be Aladdin. Robin Williams is the perfect vioce for the Genie.

Bell-chan
11-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Moulin Rouge and The Matrix (all those cool special effects and music ) @_@ not to mention I liked the story from Moulin Rouge a lot :D

Mei Lan Chang
11-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Sami

I severely doubt anyone has even heard of my favorite movie; it's called Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead....

-raises hand ecstatically-

I loved that movie! My room mate in highschool had it on VHS and we used to rewind that "word tennis" scene over and over again. For a while we had it memorized and would trample the graduation lawn reinacting it.

chibi-dj
11-14-2002, 09:19 PM
wow, i got allota movies i like! i can name a few though ;P
Cyrano de Bergerac was an awsome movie! (gotta love french sub, eh Rosiel)
Shawshank Redemption
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (matial arts geek....=-_-=)
Train Spotting (any movie about heroing addicts is gonna be good)
The Mummy (i liked both the first and second)
Lord of the Rings
"What's that?" "This, my friend, is what they call a pint." "Pint! It comes in pints! I'm gettin one!" (i love that quote)
Harry Potter (yup, im one of THOES ppl......hehehehe)
Star Wars (let's hear it for the Si-Fi geek!)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (ya get the actors to go with it iz better, when ya know the actors, iz halarious!)
ANY Mel Brooks film!
- Space Balls
- Robin Hood, Men in Tights
- Young Frankenstine
- Producers
(the list goes on, but you get the point....)
Dogma (if you're familiar with the christian religion....i about peed in my pants laughing)
Monty Python (of course)

well, so much for SOME favorites, huh. there's more but i'll spare you the details ^_~

"This is my BOOM stick!" -army of darkness

KANEDA
11-17-2002, 05:34 PM
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

..is the BEST film ever made!

Broken_Wings
11-18-2002, 07:31 AM
I have a couple of 'em that I like. Heh, I have too much free time on my hands...

Army of Darkness
Labyrinth
Interview With the Vampire
The Lost Boys
Legend
Braveheart
Lord of the Rings
The Fifth Element
Young Frankenstein

Nadeshiko
11-18-2002, 10:29 AM
Wow! There's quite a few people here who've heard of Amelie! I would have to say it's my favorite movie of all time. I love films done in France. Nifty soundtrack, too.

For close calls, I would have to list Sabrina (original), LA Confidential, Chocolat, and Life is Beautiful.

nekochan
11-20-2002, 09:45 PM
oh! the Postman and Lawrence of Arabia <<sorry! i like old movies!!>> then Sixth Sense and A Beautiful Mind ^^

makio
11-20-2002, 10:07 PM
Rosiel...I never knew they made a movie of Cyrano de Bergerac! I mean, I had seen 'Roxanne' which is ...well, a really odd parody, but that's it. I'll have to look for it at the video store.

Kia...though I'm a big RE fan, the Resident Evil movie was average to me. In fact, it wasn't until the last 15 minutes that I really became enthralled in the action and thrills the game depicted. Hopefully the sequel will be a bit more enticing since they're delving more into the NEMESIS project background.

My fav' movie... Tombstone. So freakin' stylish. It's the only new age made western movie I like.
My fav' anime... Berserk. Sure it's got a lot of hack 'n slash violence, but getting around that; it really has a deep message about following your own destiny and whatnot. King of Bandit: JING is a close second...very close. I can't wait til' it's on DVD or at least a CD soundtrack with that intro BGM.

sailor-moon
11-21-2002, 10:04 PM
"The Last Unicorn" i love that movie!!!!!!!!!::::goes and listend to the songs::::::

Usagi

Kellie
11-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Hmm...this is a hard one. I'd have to say ... Breakfast at Tiffany's. I simply adore Audrey Hepburn and all her work, but that one by far is my favorite.