PDA

View Full Version : Website help

Flippy
01-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Well I want to add a picture from my website to my sig. In order to add it needs to be a stand alone image that I can have as a link with a address like http://.............jpg. Except I'm not sure how that is done through FrontPage or Geocities (my web host). Can someone please help me. :chatah:

KaineMaxwell
01-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Geocities doesn't allow remote linking, I can tell you that much.

Flippy
01-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Poo :sulk:

ZiggyB
01-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Moving this to the Site Help forum.

Flippy: in the future you might want to make your titles more descriptive.

Flippy
01-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks.... I didn't feel like thinking anymore then I needed to today, I stayed home sick.....still out of it. I did do some stuff to my site and that took most of the energy out of me...anyway geocities really sux for not allowing you to have solitary images with the address ......(mywebsite/pathtoimage).jpg...oh well thats what you get for something free.

KaineMaxwell
01-10-2004, 09:56 AM
They used to back in the day, but then they started experiencing bandwidth issues.

Zephyrs
01-10-2004, 01:50 PM
You'll have to go with a image hosting website... plug that into Google and dozens will pop up.

Flippy
01-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Never find you can right click the image and go to properites and then it will show you the url...then copy and paste in to my sig and I'm done.....yeahhhhh...thanks guys....you taught me a lot about how much geocities sux.

Zephyrs
01-10-2004, 02:31 PM
1) Doesn't that not work with Geocities?

2) If you're using it from a site that's not yours that's not cool... pretty much every website I've been to frowns upon leeching their images (which is what you'd be doing) Ever notice that some people's signatures contain a big pic "don't steal bandwidth" it's because websites don't like that too much. You're much better off finding a free image host and uploading it there.

Flippy
01-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Yes I know, I'm doing that later. I have most of the links of the sites that I have their images in use on my website. On my web site I will eventually (after mid-terms) make each of them a hyperlink back to the site from which I got the image......stealing is bad!
*if you go to my site it says this on the homepage

KaineMaxwell
01-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Sd, I know that Geocities and Angelfire don't allow remote linking now, Tripod by now also likely. If I have a domain, or even sub-domain, I'd hook ya up.

Flippy
01-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Power to the NJ cosplayer....but its okay now. I've got it covered :cool:

KaineMaxwell
01-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Well anytime you wanna talk, pop me up on AIM or here.

Flippy
01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks.....
You named your cat after a bloody volley ball....or vice versa...lol
Those other cats look like they want to attack the volley ball cat...lol

Mythril
01-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Actually - there used to be a way to get around poor ole' geocities. Try renaming your .jpg or .gif as a .txt... usually, it still works as an image, even with the weird extension -- a geocities didn't have .txt blocked for direct linking... It worked a few months ago, not sure about now, but worth a try, ne? Good Luck!

Flippy
01-12-2004, 04:19 PM
cool beans...thanks