PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Cosplay

on3_w1ng3d_4ng3
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
As I won't have time later on before Comic-con, I'm starting on a Naruto Cosplay. I know I'm doing either Naruto or Sasuke (and can bleach/dye my hair for either).

But I have some questions:
1) I heard some guy was selling Kunai and shruiken and was wondering if he was still around and selling? :bigtu:

2) Has anyone made the Naruto jacket/pants that look decent without buying the $100 import? :waaaah:

3) How have you guys done your headbands? (I might buy one but would rather make one if it looks good)

Aer
01-08-2004, 09:32 PM
1) I have seen some nice looking resin cast kunai on ebay, could check there.

2) The import is, again, on ebay for bout $60 ^_^ I have the import myself so I haven't made it...

3) My headbands (Sand and Konoha) are in my photo gallery. Made from metallic posterboard with the symbol painted on and for the side screws I made them out of sculpey spray painted silver. Hot glue it all on. The cheap and nice looking (in my opinion) alternative. Yet because it is posterboard, can easily scratch, etc.

Anna_Chan
01-08-2004, 09:39 PM
The headband I can help you with, the blue band is easily made with one piece of cloth, and the silver part can be made with white fun foam and the leaf part can be made with hot glue. The whole thing can then be spraypainted with silver spraypaint, obviously, but not the blue part. You can then glue the silver part to the blue with either super glue or hot glue. Glad I could help in some way.

on3_w1ng3d_4ng3
01-09-2004, 12:46 AM
What if I want it metal?

doragon
01-09-2004, 12:56 AM
if you want it metal, you could either use an aluminum can, like I've heard many people use. Or buy some aluminum at Home Depot, or something... or they also have these nifty 5x7 metal shingles for roofs that also seem to work... and you just have to cut it in half; the officially lisenced metal part is actually a bit smaller than 2x7. You can still hot glue these, though they tend to fall off.. or you can try to rivot them.

I made mine with a shingle, it seemed to work for the most part... but I'd like to improve it.

on3_w1ng3d_4ng3
01-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Has anyone bought any of the cast resin kunai or shruiken and is it metal (n00b) and has anyone gotten the actual headband and is it worth it?

Resuka
01-09-2004, 09:12 AM
I've seen the MOVIC headband (a friend bought it) and it seemed very nice. It's up to you whether you'd rather spend $25-$30 or just make it yourself. I've seen some awful handmade ones, and some amazingly good ones in many materials- how confident are you in your work, and are you willing to try a few different things until you get a headband you're satisfied with?

For myself- I'm making my own, but then again, I picked up an engraver a few years back, so this is just a great opportunity to get some use out of it ^__^

doragon
01-09-2004, 12:51 PM
I have the official JUMP festa one [its the one that.. um was really expensive on ebay back when, and doesn't have the black on the leaf symbol and such] I only payed 50 bucks and I think it was money well spent, I love it to death and wear it a lot. It really is handy and such.. though gets kind of hot at times. But it was also a good model for making my own. It is a sturdy piece of work and I think they did a good job with it. It's worth getting, I'm just hoping they make a Sunagakure version at some point [and hopefully with a burgandy or red sasha, like its supposed to be]

I haven't gotten the kunai though, I cosplayed Gaara.. he doesn't use weapons... except sand ^__^;

kerochan
01-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Daala and I made some Kunai out of that pink insulation foam. There is a picutre in my gallery and it tells you how we made them. Its not that hard and there was no fiberglass involved.

HackerEd
08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
my dad made mine with aluminum and we super-glued it to the cloth for my headband. I dun know how he did the leaf symbol, but it's so kewl^^

allyunion
08-26-2004, 07:59 AM
As I won't have time later on before Comic-con, I'm starting on a Naruto Cosplay. I know I'm doing either Naruto or Sasuke (and can bleach/dye my hair for either).

But I have some questions:
1) I heard some guy was selling Kunai and shruiken and was wondering if he was still around and selling? :bigtu:

trabus of cosplay.com was making some -- he has a thread about it. His website is here: http://www.mad-props.com/

Lyte
08-26-2004, 01:55 PM
trabus is busy moving into a new house or something... to his kunai making is on hiatus