PDA

View Full Version : Rose Tyler:Empty child/tooth and claw

Creative Genius
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm a noobie to doctor who...not so new though..I've just finished the second season (and cried like a baby at the end of it and the first season)
Ive decided on two outfits of Rose to cosplay. The Empty Child outfit and Tooth and claw outfit.
I cant find much for the empty child references
what kind of shirt is she wearing exactly. I see many people with a full union jack shirt with the flag on the front and sleeves...also her jacket is rather hard to find good pictures of to see what i even need to start looking for.
the main problem is in her hair styles.
the empty child has her with long hair/ slightly wavey or crimped? and her bangs pulled up. but in tooth and claw she has much shorter straight hair.
can her shorter hair be styled into the longer style with out changing the look?

any help with references or ideas would be wonderful..thanks!

JackHarkness
02-20-2012, 05:41 AM
I can't help with the brands, etc, but the best place I've found for screen caps if you don't own the DVDs or don't want to stream from Netflix is:

http://disparue.org/caps/television/doctorwho/

Hope this helps!

Creative Genius
02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
that helps a ton! thank you so much!

now...what should i do about her hair styles? since I see it being kind of pointless for me, a already blond woman wearing a wig to cosplay another blond woman. how should i deal with the differences of lengths in each outfit?

GraelynRose
02-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Oooh. Two of my favorites.

Empty Child:
-The Union Jack shirt is a short-sleeved t-shirt with the design covering all of it. It can be seen in the beginning of the episode while they're still in the TARDIS.
-The jacket brand and style is Firetrap Harrie in brown. If you want pictures, I can send you some.

Tooth and Claw:
-The denim dress is Topshop Moto.
-The shirt is a pinkish t-shirt with the crown piece sewn on.

The hair. Just do the best you can. No one is going to rag on you for having the wrong length. And, if they do, that's a bit ridiculous. Just ignore them. There's not much more you can do about it unless you want to buy two different wigs.

Good luck.

Creative Genius
02-21-2012, 10:28 AM
hmmm...the jacket is rather hard to find i see >_>
the jean dress is equally difficult but I can make it easier than the jacket. The shirt will be no problem also
thanks for giving me the brands! .....now..if only I could find that darn jacket!

as for my hair. I've decided to get it cut to the longer length, sadly even then I'll have to cut 8 inches off my precious hair D8 since the tooth and claw style is wavey I figured when styling it in longer hair it will look shorter than what it is.

Creative Genius
02-26-2012, 05:18 PM
ok...I have no clue where to find her jacket for empty child. can someone please help me D8 I dont even know what to search for to find something similar. Ebay searches for firetrap harrie comes up with nothing! and google search comes up with dvds of something weird but no clothing ~_~ im at a loss..and I cant even find a pattern to sew it myself.

sorry for not editing my last post >_>

GraelynRose
02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
What size jacket and dress are you?

KuroBara
02-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Set up ebay alerts for "firetrap jacket". Search UK's ebay! I watched for about 2 weeks before finding one in aubergine (so not quite the right brown, but good enough for me) and my size. Be warned- it's really short, so if you have a long torso it will fit a little oddly. If that doesn't work out, just keep an eye out for a short hooded jacket. Union jack tees can be found on ebay and amazon.

The Doctor Who Costuming communities on LJ are great for information: http://dw-cosplay.livejournal.com/1243889.html#cutid1

GraelynRose
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
That is a good point. Have you been searching Ebay UK? I just found 5 Harrie jackets. Two white ones, two brown (one of which I'm bidding on), and one burgundy.

Also, there's someone selling their size UK 14 Tooth and Claw dress on LJ. http://dwcosplay-sales.livejournal.com/

~Sango~
02-28-2012, 12:07 PM
(jumps on rose bandwagon) Ohh, are any of those size small? I have found tons of Harrie jacket's but rarely in small in black or brown :( The only smalls I've seen are white and burgundy -sigh-

Creative Genius
02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
I have a union jacket shirt and i have shoes now too..but the jacket is still hard to get.
Thank you so much for telling me to search the UK ebay..SOOO many firetrap jackets. sadly none in the right color. I found a white one that just taunted me "haha..im not the right color!"..and so on.
The overall dress....is proving more difficult. I've only come across the one person selling it on livejournal in a UK size 14..i think it would end up being about 2 sizes to big for me ;_;

For a jacket size..im not sure. how to size jackets....other than saying just medium.
The dress size should be 10......I think...at least from what i gather from UK to US dress conversions ~_~

Edit: OH!!! DANGIT!!! I found her dress, in my size..perfect!...they dont ship to the US...found another that was good....dont ship to the US...~_~

~Sango~
02-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Did you message and ask personally? A lot of the time sellers will accommodate if you ask them even if it's not on the auction listing.

Creative Genius
02-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I emailed her, I hope she replies to my before the time runs out on it :/
on another note. I came across two firetrap harrie jackets today and was able to bit on one in size 10 and have another in large on my watch list. what luck!

GraelynRose
02-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I emailed her, I hope she replies to my before the time runs out on it :/
on another note. I came across two firetrap harrie jackets today and was able to bit on one in size 10 and have another in large on my watch list. what luck!

We're bidding on the same one, aren't we? <.<

Creative Genius
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
lol...ummm...
this one? XD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150767108260?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 >_>

GraelynRose
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Haha! Yup. Go for it. I'm done bidding. I was hoping to get it cheap. I have two other items I'm more interested in. ;)

Creative Genius
02-29-2012, 10:03 PM
LOL..leave it to dr who cosplayers to pounce on the same one XD
Thanks for letting me take it though XD

~Sango~
03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Seller doesn't ship to US tho...I was thinking of bidding on that one but I don't know how you'd get it here lol.

Creative Genius
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
well, it let me bid on it. so it must ship to the US. with the others it told me directly that they didnt allow US buyers. O_O

edit: *checks....flips table* NOOOOOO

well I emailed her, telling her I was sorry for bidding on it without seeing the UK only. but I also asked if she would be able to send it to me anyways if I won it, and just charge me extra, I also said i would stop bidding on it though

GraelynRose
03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, crap... There goes three potential bidders on that jacket. D:

It sucks that you may not be able to get the jacket.

I also assumed that since it let me bid it meant that she would ship internationally. She needs to change her buyer requirements. It's a shame though. I've asked sellers if they would ship to the US, and because they said no, they sold their stuff at really low prices. And, I just sit there and think, "You could have made so much money off of me."

~Sango~
03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I've lost a LOT of items that way. It sucks! we need some sort of Rose Cosplayers UK to US shipping union lol.

Creative Genius
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
well..she wont ship it to me for an extra cost ~_~ oh well..I hope i can find another one.
I also hope someone outbids me because its going to be a hassle if im the winning bidder.
......I agree in the Rose cosplayers UK to US union XD

edit: I might have just fixed the coat situation. a friend of mine is friends with a guy in England! hopefully he gets online soon so she can ask him if he will accept having the package sent to him then ill pay him shipping to send it to me X3