PDA

View Full Version : Quidditch

Black_The_White
02-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Who else knows about this? (what kind of stupid question is that, right)
I'm looking to expand everyone's knowledge and all the love for this awesome game. This is totally open for any sort of Harry Potter discussion though, of course.

Anywho. I play, as a chaser.
And I live closer to Los Angeles, which is hosting the Western Cup on March 10th and 11th. 2nd biggest Quidditch tournament in the states..actually the world, I think.

and..GO!

Rei Yuriko
02-25-2012, 04:10 AM
I know about this but I don't understand it. I don't want to offend you but I thought that Quidditch made no sense as a game in the books. It is my least favourite thing in the Harry Potter universe. I would rather have detention with Snape than sit through a game and that's the real thing. If you have no magic how is muggle Quidditch any different from football with a broom between your legs. Sorry. If you enjoy it that's enough and I hope you have fun with it. I just don't get it.

patriciarakel
02-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Rei: It's actually a lot harder than it looks. You have to have at least one hand on your broom at all times, which means you're effectively playing the entire game one-handed. Lots of running, pretty much a full-contact sport. Lots and lots of fun. :)

I was really excited to find out that the college I'm going to this fall has a Quidditch team. I was worried that I was going to have to start one myself. I've never managed to get enough people together to play a game before, though. I'm definitely going to try out for the team once I'm at school. I mean, the team doesn't seem that good, but I think it would be really fun anyways. I'd probably want to be either a Beater or a Keeper. I'm not really fast enough to be a Seeker and my coordination probably isn't good enough to get a ball through the hoops. :)

pocky_penguin66
03-23-2012, 02:19 AM
How does the golden snitch fly ?__?

patriciarakel
03-23-2012, 08:38 PM
How does the golden snitch fly ?__?
It's usually a cross-country or long distance runner, dressed all in yellow/gold, who has a sock with a ball tied to his belt (like in flag football). The snitch gets to run around wherever he likes and the Seekers get to chase him. The Seeker who gets the sock first gets the points and the game is ended. :)

pocky_penguin66
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
It's usually a cross-country or long distance runner, dressed all in yellow/gold, who has a sock with a ball tied to his belt (like in flag football). The snitch gets to run around wherever he likes and the Seekers get to chase him. The Seeker who gets the sock first gets the points and the game is ended. :)

Ahahaha, ok that makes sense. I was under the impression that it was going to be a ball.

patriciarakel
03-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Ahahaha, ok that makes sense. I was under the impression that it was going to be a ball.

It kind of is. In a way. It's just that it can't be super tiny or fly around itself. It must have a brightly colored runner to help it along. :)