View Full Version : Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - DeeAy costume

02-22-2012, 03:40 AM
I know the U.S.S. are badass and their costumes are great, but is anyone doing the SPEC OPS teams?

Looking over the SPEC OPS teams after seeing the Triple Threat trailer, I had decided to cosplay as DeeAy.

I've pretty much gotten 1/2 of the gear I need, minus the vest. I've looked through airsoft sites and a few tactical gear sites, but can't find one that's similar to what DeeAy wears. Unless it's a variant of 2 or more tactical vests made for the trailer.

The scarf was actually easy to find online.

As for my prop, I was actually going to gut my M4 airsoft and fill the insides with whatever to conform with Fanime's weapons/props guidelines.

However, I was thinking of actually getting a cheap SCAR-H airsoft to do that.

This is my 3rd cosplay attempt in 6 years. I'm pretty excited to try it again.

02-28-2012, 11:00 PM
so your going to fanime this year?

02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I already have a spec op grunt cosplay done for the next con

05-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Kayobreaker: Yes, I'm going to Fanime. I still have the gun to make "peace bond" proof.

Syaoran: I thought of just doing that for the BSAA after seeing the RE 6 trailer. But I've already invested in the gear/material for the DeeAy costume.

Currently playing ORC. I've only just started as I've been busy last month and coudn't even work on the costume.

12-23-2012, 01:29 AM
i would like to update this thread, i too am doing deeAy, i would like to know what type of vest i could use. i currently have my molle vest that i use for vector, would that work?

04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
any updates on thus vest?

04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Do you have a picture of your molle vest so I can get an idea of what you have to work with

04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
After a short search on ebay and looking at the reference picture I've come up with 2 vest that I think could do the job keep in mind that the vest hes wearing has ring slots where grades are attach to,

The first vest would be probably my first pic has the ring slot for grenade and the side clips, I believe is vest is tan and not black.

This vest I think does a decent job of hitting parts of his vest is the less successful of the both best but it has clips and rings for grenades.

04-28-2013, 03:16 AM
I went with a typical tactical vest in olive drab I picked up at a surplus store. Couldnt find my black boots and specific knee pad colors, so I went with tan. The scarf I ordered. In the end I didnt bother with exact design/color of costume. Was able to get my SCAR airsoft peace bonded for Fanime 2012. Thinking of cosplaying as Piers this year from RE6, but its kinda short notice.