PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - DeeAy costume

ncds
02-22-2012, 03:40 AM
I know the U.S.S. are badass and their costumes are great, but is anyone doing the SPEC OPS teams?

Looking over the SPEC OPS teams after seeing the Triple Threat trailer, I had decided to cosplay as DeeAy.

I've pretty much gotten 1/2 of the gear I need, minus the vest. I've looked through airsoft sites and a few tactical gear sites, but can't find one that's similar to what DeeAy wears. Unless it's a variant of 2 or more tactical vests made for the trailer.

The scarf was actually easy to find online.

As for my prop, I was actually going to gut my M4 airsoft and fill the insides with whatever to conform with Fanime's weapons/props guidelines.

However, I was thinking of actually getting a cheap SCAR-H airsoft to do that.

This is my 3rd cosplay attempt in 6 years. I'm pretty excited to try it again.

Kayobreaker
02-28-2012, 11:00 PM
so your going to fanime this year?

Li_Syaoran
02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
I already have a spec op grunt cosplay done for the next con
:P

ncds
05-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Kayobreaker: Yes, I'm going to Fanime. I still have the gun to make "peace bond" proof.

Syaoran: I thought of just doing that for the BSAA after seeing the RE 6 trailer. But I've already invested in the gear/material for the DeeAy costume.

Currently playing ORC. I've only just started as I've been busy last month and coudn't even work on the costume.

Dota2008
12-23-2012, 01:29 AM
i would like to update this thread, i too am doing deeAy, i would like to know what type of vest i could use. i currently have my molle vest that i use for vector, would that work?

Dota2008
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
any updates on thus vest?

wilcaptainriv
04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Do you have a picture of your molle vest so I can get an idea of what you have to work with

wilcaptainriv
04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
After a short search on ebay and looking at the reference picture I've come up with 2 vest that I think could do the job keep in mind that the vest hes wearing has ring slots where grades are attach to,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Customizable-Advanced-MOLLE-Compatible-Tactical-Vest-COYOTE-TAN-/310498546572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484b27d38c

The first vest would be probably my first pic has the ring slot for grenade and the side clips, I believe is vest is tan and not black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NcSTAR-Tan-MOLLE-PALS-Web-Military-Armor-Plate-Carrier-Chest-Assault-Rig-Vest-/221196347892?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33805469f4

This vest I think does a decent job of hitting parts of his vest is the less successful of the both best but it has clips and rings for grenades.

ncds
04-28-2013, 03:16 AM
I went with a typical tactical vest in olive drab I picked up at a surplus store. Couldnt find my black boots and specific knee pad colors, so I went with tan. The scarf I ordered. In the end I didnt bother with exact design/color of costume. Was able to get my SCAR airsoft peace bonded for Fanime 2012. Thinking of cosplaying as Piers this year from RE6, but its kinda short notice.