PDA

View Full Version : WWI/II Leviathan Cosplay

OrgyMem8ofCU
02-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for a cosplay of a member of the Royal Air Force in a book called Leviathan. I am trying to get RAF patches and a "NEWKIRK" name patch for my aviator jacket. (I found a B15 replica jacket on Ebay relatively cheap). Does anyone know where I can find any:

Arm RAF patches
Name patch
Undershirt and patches

Again, this is for the character Midshipman Newkirk in the Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld books. He only has like...two photographs, so I'm shooting from the hip here. Any help would be wonderous.

Scorpion89
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I am trying to get all my ducks in a row for a cosplay of a member of the Royal Air Force in a book called Leviathan. I am trying to get RAF patches and a "NEWKIRK" name patch for my aviator jacket. (I found a B15 replica jacket on Ebay relatively cheap). Does anyone know where I can find any:

Arm RAF patches
Name patch
Undershirt and patches

Again, this is for the character Midshipman Newkirk in the Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld books. He only has like...two photographs, so I'm shooting from the hip here. Any help would be wonderous.

I hate to break this to you but Midshipman Newkirk is in the Royal Air Service not the RAF which didn't become a service till after WWI. Also this book is consider a Steampunk based book so you will need to look into that. Give me a day or so I can locted a few pic of that time period RAS Uniforms.

Neko-hime
03-09-2012, 02:13 PM
On a somewhat related note, Westerfeld has acknowledged the hordes wanting to cosplay from the series and has promised detailed designs in the upcoming Manual of Aeronautics, which comes out this August! But you probably knew that already. xD

Ironhill
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
No, I didn't. But now I do. 8)

DreamBerry
05-28-2012, 09:00 PM
if you have problems finding what you want. apparently (In heard at my last con) you van et sticky felt at craft stores. Cut it out in the shape you need. sharpie the design on or fabric paint. stick it on your costume. She said that her sticky felt lasted through a wash so that is wayyy good enough for me. good luck. Way less work than hand embroidery.