PDA

View Full Version : Spaced

Pirogoeth05
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
I've gotten hooked on Spaced. It's just so much fun. I really was surprised to find that no one's done anyone from it. Mike, Marsha, Brian, and Twist really would be recognizable to any fan. Even Tim and Daisy have some looks that would stand out.

Looks like I may be breaking ground, at least on here, because I want to do a Tim crossplay. I'm going to get a chocolate beanie, green windbreaker, and a skateboard to carry around. It's going to be so obscure but fun at the same time. I may even keep some Jaffa cakes on me to munch on throughout the day. Those things are addicting! ;)

Ron Jr
02-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Great series. Good luck with you crossplay.

Pirogoeth05
02-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Thank you! It's going to be easier than I thought. I checked a couple of episodes and it may not be too hard to find a jacket that's close to one of the three that Tim ends up wearing. I can't wait!

I've also decided to make Daisy's yellow sweatshirt. Easy, simple, comfy. How much better does it get?!

Lucifer
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Thank you! It's going to be easier than I thought. I checked a couple of episodes and it may not be too hard to find a jacket that's close to one of the three that Tim ends up wearing. I can't wait!

I've also decided to make Daisy's yellow sweatshirt. Easy, simple, comfy. How much better does it get?!

Are you going to have a Colin as well? :D

Pirogoeth05
02-29-2012, 04:21 PM
That's not a bad idea! Maybe if I see a stuffed dog that would work I'll get one. That would make Daisy even better! I'd love to get a pic with my aunt and uncle have a Colin. The same coloring and everything. Unfortunately they live almost 2 hours away and would look at me strangely if I asked to do a photoshoot with him.

Oh, and I forgot. I found a pattern for Tim's Chocolate beanie! It's here (http://knittingwounded.blogspot.com/2008/12/spaced-chocolate-beanie-pattern.html) and on Ravelry if anyone's interested. I'm so making one!

Pirogoeth05
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
I guess this is going to turn into my build thread since there's not much interest in Spaced. :(

Friday my first shipment of yarn arrived. One skein each of KnitPick's CotLin in Loden and Moroccan Red. I ordered before I realized I needed another skein of the Loden. Saturday I found the pants and jacket and they look awesome (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3165431/)!

That afternoon I started working on the hat. I managed to get the 'Chocolate' done that night. I checked to see if it would fit and I managed to knit it too tight, so I frogged the whole thing and started over. Yesterday I just got back up to the 'Chocolate', and I'm keeping things much looser this time. The other skein of Loden arrived too, so I can go full speed ahead now. :) Hopefully it'll fit and I don't have to start over, again.

Once that's done, I just need to mod the jacket a little (add anti-static lining and a pocket in front) and figure out how to do a goatee that looks as realistic as one can with only make-up.

Pirogoeth05
03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
The hat is finished! I've got a pic of it up on my DeviantART account (link in the siggy). I think I'm going to leave the jacket alone and just put the box of Jaffa Cakes in my cargo pants pocket. When it gets closer to the con I'll go hunting for some orange eyeshadow and start working with it and the brown for the goatee.

Pirogoeth05
07-20-2012, 08:58 AM
So, major changes. I have misplaced the hat. I have no idea where it went. My hubby has sworn he hasn't thrown it out. I believe him since I gave him no reason to threaten to. Which means it's probably buried somewhere in my room. It looks like I'm going yarn hunting this weekend. I had ordered some replacement yarn from KnitPicks but it still hasn't come in. I want to get started on the second hat NOW! So if Jo-Ann's doesn't have it, I'll have to check the knitting store. Grrrrrrr. :miffed:

But, I've also decided to change what he wears. A few weeks ago I stopped at Goodwill and picked up a short-sleeved plaid shirt and a couple of baseball t-shirts. Common sense came to me and reminded me that fleece, even the lightest fleece, is not what you want to be wearing in the summer. And Meijer's finally got Jaffa Cakes back in! We're staying stocked so I will have at least one box for D*C. It's wonderful! If I can just get that yarn, Tim will be finished!

Pirogoeth05
08-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Tim is finally finished! I remade the hat (finished it this weekend). The only things left are to get some orange eyeshadow for his goatee and a box or two of Jaffa Cakes. I've got somewhere around 4 boxes at home. But the sell by date was last month. I think they still taste fine, but I don't want to be wandering around D*C with old Jaffa Cakes. Luckily Meijer's keeping stocked, so I'll get some closer to the con. I can't wait!

runewolf42
08-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Spaced is a great series! Can't wait to see pics!

Pirogoeth05
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
He's done! I'm working on another beanie since the one I wore was just a bit too small. I'm also trying to make it more like the one he wears in the show and not have the ribbing at the bottom. It's going to take more time, money, and yarn. But if it works, it'll be awesome!

Hanging out: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3274925/
Waiting for Mike: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3274930/

UncleTim
02-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Have any slow-motion gun battles occurred while wearing this?

TheAlaskanSofa
03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
THIS is such a great idea! Wish I had thought of it before haha. Such a wonderful series and sounds very easy and fun! Good luck on this and I bet it will go over great :) May just consider one myself ha

Pirogoeth05
03-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Have any slow-motion gun battles occurred while wearing this?

Haha! Not yet. But I'm sure if I ever run into Mike, one will probably ensue.

dagmarus
03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
I saw someone do the Rave version of Mike. It was awesome. He went around playing the A-team theme.

Pirogoeth05
03-26-2013, 08:10 AM
I saw someone do the Rave version of Mike. It was awesome. He went around playing the A-team theme.

That is genius!

Pirogoeth05
08-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I have found the perfect wig for Tim. Arda Wigs (http://arda-wigs.com)' Rufio in Titanium Blonde. It is exactly the right color and is only going to need minimal styling. I'm hoping to pick one up at Dragon*Con from them. I can't wait!

I will probably start wearing Tim more then. Maybe I'll have the one hat sticking out of a pocket instead of wearing it. It'll probably look better that way.

dagmarus
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Is it murdered with peroxide?

Pirogoeth05
08-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Possibly. It definitely looks like it.

Pirogoeth05
09-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I've got the wig. Yes, it is perfectly murdered with peroxide. All I've done so far is muss up the hair and it looks awesome. I think some trimming on the sides and back are needed, but other than that it's great! I can't wait for Halloween now.