PDA

View Full Version : con issues

Gale
01-10-2004, 01:46 PM
ok...so because of the timing of AB with school & easter & such, it looks like i can only go for one day....so i was asking on their forum what the likelyness of getting a one day pass at the door would be. and they told me that it was actually rather unlikely that my friends and i could get in without pre-regging. so...i dont think we'll be able to go and i'm really dissapointed 'cause connecticon is really small and thats the only con i can go to, and then i still can only go on one day 'cause of my camp and they dont have karaoke...and i'm really annoied at all this. of course, they said next year there wont be a limit on how many passes they have (or something like that) and it will be easier to get at-the-door passes. i actually would like to try and go still, but i'd hate to bring my mom & my 2 friends there only to be turned away at the door after all the trouble it will be to get our costumes done by then and driving two hours (four for my mom, 'cause she's got to pick us up at school). of course if that happens we can always just get castle passes and then go to connecticon together. but i feel bad 'cause Elli and Tiff have never been to a con before and Tiff can hardly afford one...and i'm just ranting now so i think i'll stop XP

Koumori
01-10-2004, 02:02 PM
All I can tell you is that last year, I brought a friend in shortly before noon on Saturday and she was not allowed to register.

Poisonous Intent
01-10-2004, 04:01 PM
well last year I didn't pre-reg because I could only go on saturday. the con starts at 10:00am and we got there at 9:45 to find a line but we only had to wait in line for like 30 min. I did the same for BAAF. Just get there before the con starts and wait in the registeration line you most likely will get a pass.

AlikNyankoChan
01-10-2004, 04:50 PM
If you want a one day pass, camp out overnight. But that would be for friday...if it's saturday, forget it. The full weekend passes are likely going to fill up whatever remains for registration by then. If you want to get in, you'll have to pre-reg. Simple as that.

~Alik-Chan

Dagger
01-10-2004, 05:08 PM
You could always pre-register and just go for one day, the price difference wouldn't be that big, would it?

PatrickD
01-11-2004, 02:25 AM
You could always pre-register and just go for one day, the price difference wouldn't be that big, would it?

You cannot pre-register for a single day. Anime Boston doesn't offer that. In fact, very few conventions do.

AlikNyankoChan
01-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Preregister for the whole weekend and go for that one day, they meant.

~Alik

Gale
01-11-2004, 10:31 AM
i cant do that; as a group we cant afford to waist the $20 or whatever that we'd save if we could buy a 1 day pass. *shrugs* oh well, i can always go next year when they supposedly wont have such a low limit on passes. plus i'll be able to drive people by myself then (and i'll be 18 or nearly there depending on which weekend they have it) so we might not have to have my mom there. i'm still upset about not being able to show off my song though....*shrug* i can always just go with multiple costumes next year and wear my Yuna one to do Karaoke...it adds to the song if i'm actually in character ;)

Dagger
01-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Conneticon might have karaoke this year, I know they were talking about skits as well. :)