PDA

View Full Version : March TAC!

lainey
01-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Who's going?
Whatcha cosplaying as (if you are)?

I'm planning on doing Battle Royale...I was supposed to do it for Nov TAC...but then I had midterms O_o

Anyone interested in joining up and doing BR?

I probably won't pay for admission HAHAHA

Anyhow...who's going?

Kakei_Jubei
01-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Who's going?
Whatcha cosplaying as (if you are)?

I'm planning on doing Battle Royale...I was supposed to do it for Nov TAC...but then I had midterms O_o

Anyone interested in joining up and doing BR?

I probably won't pay for admission HAHAHA

Anyhow...who's going?
OOOOOOooOoooo!! Me going! ^^ But, me never seen and heard of Battle Royale, so sorry, I can't join your 'group'... T-T Sorry, but me cosplaying as Blindfolded Unknown Riku from Kingdom Hearts Deep Dive! ^^ So, I guess that I'll see you there!... If I don't get into big trouble.... -_-

Mekou
01-11-2004, 09:28 PM
I'm bringing Tomb Robber Bakura! :D I'll steal all your sparkly and shiny stuff!! Muwahahahahahaha!!!! >=3

Kia
01-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Don't know if I can go yet... have to wait until my PM gives me my production schedule... if I'm not working on a show that weekend then maybe they'll let me go. ^_^

archangeli
01-11-2004, 11:51 PM
It fits in well between classes and concerts so I may actually make it out to this little con. *pets TAC*

we'll see. I need to make a March weather suited costume. There's no way in hell I'd wear Paine in freezing March weather....

Mage
01-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Hmm, just a quick note about the weather situation...

I'm assuming the March TAC is also going to be held in the convention centre, correct? If that's the case, weather will probably not be a problem. If you're taking transit, there's the Skywalk between Union Station and the MTCC, so it's completely indoors. I planned for November weather when I went to the TAC then and, surprise surprise, spent most of the time BOILING because even though my Agrias costume would've been perfect for outside weather....the MTCC has perfectly functional heating. x_X; So yeah, I just want to make sure no one else has to deal with that, if at all possible. ^_^

I don't know if I'll go to this one. I can't remember the dates for this or for Ad Astra. I'd much rather go to Ad Astra, so we'll see. If I have too many midterms to worry about, I might not go to either.

JustinCredible
01-12-2004, 12:37 AM
I've been kicking myself for not attending the last NovHobbCon... Just checked, its the weekend after WrestleMania XX :whew: I'll probably be going mostly to shop (stuff I won't be able to get @ AN), see you there... hopefully.

Kia
01-12-2004, 07:27 AM
I don't know if I'll go to this one. I can't remember the dates for this or for Ad Astra. I'd much rather go to Ad Astra, so we'll see. If I have too many midterms to worry about, I might not go to either.

Ad Astra is the first weekend of April (2nd until the 4th)
MAC-TAC is March 20th and 21st. So there is one full weekend between both cons. And Mage, if money is tight and you still want to come to AdAstra you can always volunteer to earn free crash space like Dawn and I are doing. ^_^
Hope to see you there!

Saffi
01-12-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm going and I'd love to go as a Battle Royale Character.....

gahh i forget the name of the girl i wanted to be, the one who wore the yellow jogging suit and had the switch blade, i think it'd be cool cuz she stands out so much.

yeah..

*grin* have a couple of other costume ideas as well, will see

-saff

Sarcasm-hime
01-12-2004, 09:58 AM
I would only go to the TAC if there were a lot of people I want to hang out with also going...since there's obviously no point in going just for the con. -.-;; But most of those people are probably going to Ad Astra anyways....so probly not.

dani
01-12-2004, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping to have my Sera Myu Venus costume done by then, so it would be a nice way to have its debut and get lots of pics done.

seeyou
Dani

lainey
01-12-2004, 12:59 PM
i'm probably going to check out ad-astra this year as well...seems like a bunch want to go as well

Yuna-X2
01-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm hoping I can fit about my trip down to Sherridan College so I can go after my interview and audition and stuff. *woo college and uni!*

Is there a website with good information, with times and everything? Cause I really know nothing about it.

dani
01-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Please forgive my ignorance....

What's ad-astra?

Dani

Mekou
01-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Most likely I'm gonna drag people out for dinner again. X3 I've been in the mood for sushi and other such food so I'm going to check for restaurants in the area and RESERVE seat for anyone wanting to go. ^_^ Most likely I'll be doing this the first night of the consince most people will only go for the first day anyway. ^^;

So if you're interested in joining just pm me and I'll add you to the seating reservation count. hehe. ^_~ The week before Cornercon2 is the deadline to let me know. XD

Kakei_Jubei
01-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Please forgive my ignorance....

What's ad-astra?

Dani
Ya... Me dunno what it means too... -_-;;; If you know, please, do tell us!! T-T

Mekou
01-12-2004, 03:09 PM
*raises hand* I have only heard of it yet I have no idea what it is. But it's likely I won't be interesting in it anyway. =/

Kaijugal
01-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Ad Astra is the first weekend of April (2nd until the 4th)
MAC-TAC is March 20th and 21st. So there is one full weekend between both cons. And Mage, if money is tight and you still want to come to AdAstra you can always volunteer to earn free crash space like Dawn and I are doing. ^_^
Hope to see you there!

I'm not going to MAC-TAC. *chuckles*

Mage , Kia is right, if you want to volunteer a bit and share a girls volunteer room with us you're more than welcome to. That way you get to crash with people you know, and it's much easier on the finances as well. :bigtu:
Why pay the hotel all that money you could be spending on fabric and whatnot? *grins micheviously*

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Cheers!

nyamiko_chan
01-12-2004, 05:29 PM
=O Could someone put up a link for Ad Astra possibly ^_^; ?? I've heard a bit of it, but I'd love to know more ^_^!!

For MAC-TAC I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I need to prioritize some costumes :sulk: and get somethings strianght. I do know that one costume I want to do more than anything and everything has been Gunner Paine. At least that hasn't changed :thumbsup: . I might just have Paine for TAC then.

*O* Dinner wee!! I'm on the LIST ^_~Vm

Kia
01-12-2004, 05:46 PM
http://www.ad-astra.org/

I just want everyone to know that Ad Astra IS NOT AN ANIME CONVENTION! Just in case people were planning on checking it out but thought it was something that it is not. If you are in to litterary stuff, as in books, then I hope to see you there. If you arn't, I beg of you, please don't come and then complain that it wasn't what you thought it would be. Do your research before you spend the money.
I believe that there is an Anime Room, but from the sounds of it that means ONE room. But I like books. Books are cool! ^_^

Kakei_Jubei
01-12-2004, 06:42 PM
http://www.ad-astra.org/

I just want everyone to know that Ad Astra IS NOT AN ANIME CONVENTION! Just in case people were planning on checking it out but thought it was something that it is not. If you are in to litterary stuff, as in books, then I hope to see you there. If you arn't, I beg of you, please don't come and then complain that it wasn't what you thought it would be. Do your research before you spend the money.
I believe that there is an Anime Room, but from the sounds of it that means ONE room. But I like books. Books are cool! ^_^
Hm, I'll try to go. It sounds interesting, and me like books too, so, yay!?

kenhidaka
01-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Well as much as Ad-Astra sounds cool, I most likely won't be able to attend but if you see any good books, get me a copy or two kia ;)

MAC-TAC I'm going with Seifer since Infini and a friend were going as FFX chars and we are going as a group. But it doesn't mean I won't be hanging with the crew. You guys rock!!! (and girls ^_^) And add me to the dinner list as well. Great more money to save up on MAC-TAC and less on Yu-gi-oh *sigh*

~CornerCon Rules!~

Ryukka
01-12-2004, 10:00 PM
As far as I know, so far I'm going. I'll be re-wearing Kana for one day and wearing Selphie the other.

dani
01-12-2004, 10:28 PM
When you say going to dinner you mean in full costume? or back in boring civilian clothes?

Mekou
01-13-2004, 12:31 AM
>> When you say going to dinner you mean in full costume? or back in boring civilian clothes?

Costume of course! >=D No one is allowed to change out of their costume! Muwahahaah! (Unless thier costume is very big and will get in the way a lot or is very skimpy and cold ^^; ) Nah, it's up to the person though if we wear our costumes it'll be fun. =)

*waves Cornercon flag*

Kia
01-13-2004, 05:23 AM
lol! It was more like half costumes, which looked even weirder that full costumes sitting in Harvey's. ^_^ Especially when there was elaborate make-up involved. sometimes people looked weirder wearing normal clothes but still wearing the make-up. ^_^
If I can manage to go, put me on the dinner list too! Can't guarentee that I'll parade around in costume outside of the con though. March weather and my Rogue costume don't necessarily mix. :cool:

Mage
01-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Crap, I knew there was a reason I was worried about Ad Astra. *thinking* Wait a second....Ah, that's it. It's the weekend before my final exams start. Realistically, I know that studying my ass off for most of my exams didn't help me all that much (damn you, physics), so I probably can spare the weekend. Since I'd probably be able to get a drive there and back every day, my concerns with money would be the registration fee and transportation from Ottawa and back to Ottawa. x_X; One more reason for me to get a job. ^^;;;

It'll probably be at least mid-Feb. before I know whether I'll go to TAC, Ad-Astra or both. I really want to see everyone again, though. ^_^

I don't know what costume I'd wear...probably whatever I got finished. Maybe Agrias, since I might be further along the path to finishing her by then? I'd hope to be done my Satsuki costume too, but realistically speaking, I probably won't be finished, considering I keep forgetting the hammer the darn buckles when I'm at home and it's too loud to do in residence.

dani
01-13-2004, 01:07 PM
I'd like to go have dinner with this crowd too, but can't confirm yet. If my sera-myu crew manages to get together I should hang out with them. Otherwise I'm free to join you all..

Dani
(Who will be Sailor Venus)

Mekou
01-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Your sera-myu crew is free to join us as well. =) I have a feeling there will be a lot of people joining the dinner. ^^;;

Kakei_Jubei
01-13-2004, 04:11 PM
o_o;;;;
Well, I'm totally lost, and I have a couple of questions...
When and where is this dinner party thingie
What's the Corner con
So ya... can someone answer them?! Please and thank you! ^^

Mekou
01-13-2004, 04:27 PM
When and where is not 100% confirmed yet. It won't be until at least the beginning of March. =/

Cornercon is a nickname that was given to TAC. =)

Kakei_Jubei
01-13-2004, 05:22 PM
When and where is not 100% confirmed yet. It won't be until at least the beginning of March. =/

Cornercon is a nickname that was given to TAC. =)
Oh... -_- I feel dumb... But, at least I sort'a know whats going on... ^^ But thankies! lol!

Kia
01-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh... -_- I feel dumb... But, at least I sort'a know whats going on... ^^ But thankies! lol!

Hang around this community long enough and you'll come to understand that we usually give nick names to all the cons. The November Toronto Anime Convention (a one day con also run by the gready Hobbystar) was dubbed November Con, Corner Con (b/c our particular group spent the whole time sitting in the corner being very loud and annoying ^_^) El Big-O-Waste of Time-O, and so on and so forth.

The dinner is very informal. It's just a bunch of people all deciding to swarm a fast food joint and drive the staff nuts. It's not an official part of the con, just as there is no official time (I think) that we all decided we'd had enough of hanging around in a hallway doing nothing and wanted to go and do a whole lot of nothing somewhere else. ^_^

Infini
01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
I've taken apart both my Yuna costumes with the good (heh...) intention of repairing them. Hopefully my FFX one will be back together for TAC, but I'm starting to doubt it because my new job isn't very good for money right now. I will be wearing my Inuyasha for most of the con, since it's complete save for weapon props and contacts, which can be left out for a small con like this if I can't afford them, and because it's currently my absolute favourite costume I've ever worn. If I can't afford to buy the fabric for my Yuna obi, then I'll be wearing my (cheaply made) Kikyo costume for the other day.

Does anyone know the rules for weapons? I have a bow/arrows for the kikyo costume. The arrows are fake and the bow is ancient and has an elastic string as opposed to a proper one. I guess you COULD fire a fake arrow from it if you really wanted to but I doubt it would go very far. I guess it would be better to email the con, but thought I would ask here first.

I'm coming for the dinner definitely, since I missed out on it last con! I'll be staying at the hotel nearby so that I don't have to worry about my car, and I don't have a time limit for anything.

-Infini

Saffi
01-14-2004, 12:41 AM
I think as far as weapons go, it's ok to carry them, but you're not allowed to swing swords or staffs around, and you probably can't fire the arrows.

This is in the building.. out side i believe anything goes.

-saff

heki-chan
01-14-2004, 12:06 PM
i havent really given much thought to MTAC yet as far as costuming goes...X_X

my sister wants to do Lenne/Yuna Popstars again....but ERK... >_>; we'll see.

Personally though, I would much rather do DOA3's Leifang instead ^_^

I don't want to wear Nausicaa for the first time @ MTAC lol...so she's being saved for AN ^_^

So ya...ramblings aside....its most likely Leifang for me ^_^

mikcy
01-14-2004, 03:11 PM
For the March TAC, I'm not offically sure if I'm going or not. Oh well, if I do, I have a cheap outfit to wear. :) *points to self* cheater dsoakd lmao

Kakei_Jubei
01-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Hang around this community long enough and you'll come to understand that we usually give nick names to all the cons. The November Toronto Anime Convention (a one day con also run by the gready Hobbystar) was dubbed November Con, Corner Con (b/c our particular group spent the whole time sitting in the corner being very loud and annoying ^_^) El Big-O-Waste of Time-O, and so on and so forth.

The dinner is very informal. It's just a bunch of people all deciding to swarm a fast food joint and drive the staff nuts. It's not an official part of the con, just as there is no official time (I think) that we all decided we'd had enough of hanging around in a hallway doing nothing and wanted to go and do a whole lot of nothing somewhere else. ^_^
Okidays!! ^^ Thankies! And, I guess that I may as well join the dinner... but if it's too far, then I can't go... But thanks for telling me! ^^

Ariati
01-15-2004, 06:32 AM
I might go to MTAC.. if I can find a way to get there XP If I do.. I might just wear a simple costume like Malon or Kairi or who ever ^.^

Brita_Lee
01-15-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm going as Dejiko from Digi Charat! Whee hee! Twill be fun to reak havok! My sister (a semi anti anime girl) may be coming and dressing up as Wyna from Thousand Arms! WayCool!

Kakei_Jubei
01-15-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm going as Dejiko from Digi Charat! Whee hee! Twill be fun to reak havok! My sister (a semi anti anime girl) may be coming and dressing up as Wyna from Thousand Arms! WayCool!
Kewlies! ^^ I'm gonna cosplay as Blindfolded unknown riku from kingdom hearts! Yay!

Machiko
01-15-2004, 04:37 PM
dunno what i'm gonna do....maybe just show up with a few dollies...O.o" sis and i are still wondering if we should go..^^"

*ponders*

Kakei_Jubei
01-15-2004, 07:05 PM
dunno what i'm gonna do....maybe just show up with a few dollies...O.o" sis and i are still wondering if we should go..^^"

*ponders*
Well.. I'm not sure if you are or not allowed, but, you could try to make some plushies and then sell them while you walk around!? ^^;;; But I dunno if you are or not allowed with or without a booth... >.<

Oh! and Machiko, when will you take more commisions? ((just curious))

nyamiko_chan
01-15-2004, 07:52 PM

Ya ^_^ <3 Come Machiko and bring your sis..<33 I wanna see the dollies in person *O* LOL

Kia
01-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Well.. I'm not sure if you are or not allowed, but, you could try to make some plushies and then sell them while you walk around!? ^^;;; But I dunno if you are or not allowed with or without a booth... >.<

As far as I know Corner Con doesn't *have* booths that you cold rent, unless you're a dealer. It's too tiny a con for an artists alley, and not enough people for Hobbystar to care enough about setting one up.

Chosuke
01-16-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm not going to MAC-TAC. *chuckles*

Mage , Kia is right, if you want to volunteer a bit and share a girls volunteer room with us you're more than welcome to. That way you get to crash with people you know, and it's much easier on the finances as well. :bigtu:
Why pay the hotel all that money you could be spending on fabric and whatnot? *grins micheviously*

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Cheers!

I really want to go to Ad-astra, and would be very willing to volunteer and such.
If you don't mind a volunteer.. its practically my only hopes of going. Since I am broke and such.And I want to crash, and have hotel antics.

Machiko
01-16-2004, 10:32 PM

Ya ^_^ <3 Come Machiko and bring your sis..<33 I wanna see the dollies in person *O* LOL

keke...you guyz are so nice lol ^__^' nah i wasn't gonna sell them, unless i have a whole bunch of back-ups made...(which i doubt lol cause i'm craming for other costumes and stuff lol) but i'll bring'em if i go ^___^-

and about commissions...i'm finishing up one, i might take some soon, but it all depends if i'm loaded with a pile of sewing...gah, sis too lazy to help me make costumes...always sleeping lol. but yea, just check our site, i usually poke my sis when i don't have a lot of homework and can do some plushies :jjacks: one thing for sure is, i'm not doing any for the next 2 weeks lol I HATE EXAMS!!!! :waaaah: rawr... O____+"

Kakei_Jubei
01-17-2004, 12:15 AM
keke...you guyz are so nice lol ^__^' nah i wasn't gonna sell them, unless i have a whole bunch of back-ups made...(which i doubt lol cause i'm craming for other costumes and stuff lol) but i'll bring'em if i go ^___^-

and about commissions...i'm finishing up one, i might take some soon, but it all depends if i'm loaded with a pile of sewing...gah, sis too lazy to help me make costumes...always sleeping lol. but yea, just check our site, i usually poke my sis when i don't have a lot of homework and can do some plushies :jjacks: one thing for sure is, i'm not doing any for the next 2 weeks lol I HATE EXAMS!!!! :waaaah: rawr... O____+"
Okidays!! ^^ Thankies for telling me!! ^-^

Kaijugal
01-17-2004, 02:12 AM
I really want to go to Ad-astra, and would be very willing to volunteer and such.
If you don't mind a volunteer.. its practically my only hopes of going. Since I am broke and such.And I want to crash, and have hotel antics.

You are of course welcome to crash and have hotel antics with us. *mischivious grin* :drink: :cheers: :burger: :jjacks:

I think the more of us that go, the more fun it will be. I myself can't wait to see Gord on the Dating Game. Heh heh heh. *chuckles*

Yes so definately come. We'll have a good time. I can be your personal bodyguard against creepy fangirls or middle age women with limiter fettishes or whatever...*chuckles and cracks the knuckles* :bigtu:

nuriko001
01-19-2004, 01:48 PM
might go... hhhehe..do some cheesy cosplay hehe that no -one will kow.. you know. i'll give you a pat on the back AHAHAHAHHAH

(555....HENSHIN!)

archangeli
01-20-2004, 04:57 PM
hmm.. does anyone have any additional info about M-TAC other than the dates?

like admission cost, guests, events??

mikcy
01-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm going to cheat and wear this outfit that I already have everything for because I saw a picture of it. No one will even know, but thats okay. :) I think I'll wear the crappy toshiya I wore to CN even though it'll be missing some things. weeee

Infini
01-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Anyone know what time it starts/finishes at? Probably not, since there's nothing on the website about it yet. And, thanks to all the fabric stores having huge sales this month, I can probably fix my Yuna costume for TAC. I might buy Inuyasha contacts instead of Yuna fabric though, as I'm a little too lazy to embroider stuff now.

I need to start sewing...

Otaking97
01-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Don't know if we will be doing the Ping Pong Club again or not though...more than likely not.....not quite sure yet what to do......but I'm sure whatever it is it will involve signs.....I just love signs....

Otaking

Fear the PPC!! Fear thier panty raids! Bwhahah!!

Kia
01-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Anyone know what time it starts/finishes at? Probably not, since there's nothing on the website about it yet. And, thanks to all the fabric stores having huge sales this month, I can probably fix my Yuna costume for TAC. I might buy Inuyasha contacts instead of Yuna fabric though, as I'm a little too lazy to embroider stuff now.

I need to start sewing...

Safe guess is the usually "con standard time" so Saturday it could possibly be 10am-6pm and Sunday 11am-5pm. I have no authority to say this, especially b/c Hobbystar is too damn lazy to undate their website and give peopel any *actual information*, but I've grown used to it.

Remember, you can crash at my house. ;)

JustinCredible
01-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I myself can't wait to see Gord on the Dating Game. Heh heh heh. *chuckles*

Does Steve-Dave know about this... he might try and sneek on to get another crack at him.

Kia
01-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Does Steve-Dave know about this... he might try and sneek on to get another crack at him.
OMG!!!!!!!! That's the funniest thing EVER!!!!!!! You sooooo have to bring your video camera for that!!! ^_^

chocola_charat
01-31-2004, 09:25 AM
What is March TAC? Or just TAC in general? >.>;

Infini
01-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Toronto AnimeCON. It's a new hobbystar (CNAnime people) 'convention' held in the Metro Toronto Convention Center. There was one in November and will be another on March (20-21?) this year. I didn't check the dates, so they might be wrong.

archangeli
02-01-2004, 11:31 AM
The following informations is from http://cosplay.out-break.net/ (a Toronto based cosplay site). I can't verify the accuracy of the info - but's is exciting nontheless :p

-- Toronto AnimeCON -- & --Transformers Expo--

March 20th - 21st 2004
Metro Toronto Convention Centre

*Guests*

Brad Swaile - Voice Actor - Gohan (DBZ), Quatre (GW)
Scott McNeil - Voice Actor - Piccolo (DBZ), Duo (GW)
Kirby Morrow - Voice Actor - Goku (DBZ), Trowa (GW)
Chris Sabat - Voice Actor - Vegeta (DBZ), Piccolo (DBZ)

*Feature Attractions*
Theatres
Anime Premieres
Dealer's Room
Autograph Sessions
Q and A Sessions
Seminars/Workshops
Exhibitor Area
Plus Much More!

Machiko
02-01-2004, 11:32 AM
WAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!