PDA

View Full Version : Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

Ayaka
11-05-2002, 01:47 AM
I gotta know - has anyone seen - or even heard of - this series? (The title translates to The Jungle Was Always Nice, Then Came Guu.) It's so freakin' hilarious! XD I love it. I think the fourth episode is my favorite so far . . .

Well, I don't know how to describe it . . . it's just WEIRD. Kinda defies explanation. I guess if I was marketing it, I'd call it "the next Excel Saga!". I think I'll just say it's a must-see. It's worthy of a high place in the crack anime pantheon, definitely. It's not super fast paced (like Kodocha), and it has slightly more of a coherent plot than Excel saga, but it is SERIOUSLY on drugs nevertheless.

John Booty
04-21-2003, 02:12 AM
OMG! Ayaka, I love you. The fact that this thread got no replies in six months or so is just criminal.

I found this thread because I have been addicted to this show lately, and I wanted to make a thread about it but I figured I'd see if anybody else created one first.

Anyway, this show is super funny and weird and it's the best anime I've seen in a while. After thinking about this show for a bit, I figured out what it reminds me of - Invader Zim.

The look is totally different but Jungle Wa Itsumo revolves around Hale freaking out and trying to "protect" everybody from Guu, whom nobody suspects of being an odd creature, just like Invader Zim revolves around Dib freaking out and trying to protect everybody from Zim. Of course Guu and Hale aren't really enemies because they do care about eachother, and Jungle Wa Itsumo is a lot brighter, but... ya know. ^_^

Anyway, this show is totally on crack and I recommend it.

nekochan
04-21-2003, 03:07 AM
lol. how come so many people say crack is bad, but if an anime is "on crack" it's great...?

makonurikoryoko
04-21-2003, 03:14 AM
JUNGLE ROCKS MY SOCKS!!! I love it sooooooooooo much! And i got evryone addicted to it here at my school.. mainly my BF and roomie. Have you seen Deluxe? I love the ending sequence for it!

John Booty
04-21-2003, 05:05 AM
Yes, I love the ending sequence to Deluxe!

Side note: this morning I repeaedly knocked things over in my friend's house this morning while attempting to re-enact Guu's dancing from the opening sequence to the original series.

MikigamiTokiya
04-21-2003, 08:36 AM
heh same here JohnBooty,,, soo many things nocked over. anyways yea i love the show. it's so damn crazy who can't eh? gotta get around to finishing it though ><;;

Ali-kun
04-21-2003, 05:59 PM
*dies laughing*

I'm imagining John here doing the Guu-dance and knocking everything over and then Love Tropicana comes to and end and he looks around at the carnage he created...heehee! ^_^

I was introduced to this by a friend of a friend (who will hopefully be my friend, but since she's an exchange student in Japan right now that's kind of difficult ;P) and I LOVE it. I need to make my anime-loving friend Yasmeen watch it, because she's trying to make me watch Azumanga Daioh because it's on crack but I saw the first few episodes of AD and Jungle wa Itsumo is on 10 times more crack ;P

(side note - isn't it weird how we say something is "on crack" or "on drugs" o_O That just kind of occurred to me...)

I've been downloading it so I can show Yasmeen and bring her over to the dark side of the jungle. The world is full of anime about wacky schoolkids in high schools in [insert large city here] (I've never been to Tokyo, but man, it must be FULL of high schools). Therefore shows about wacky schoolkids in the middle of the jungle are much more original and cooler XD

I need a Guu-dress just to wear around in spring/summer because it's such a nice simple dress ^_^

John Booty
04-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Haha. The best was when I knocked something down just by dancing *near* it! I was dancing next to the bookcase and one of her figurines fell over because the flood is old and I was rapidly moving around and jumping up and down.

I suppose that should embarassing, but it was way too funny for me to care. We were cracking up!

Oh man, I can't wait to watch more of this, but I promised my friend Alex I'd wait to hang out with her to watch the rest of the series.... ^^;;;

kris
04-21-2003, 08:33 PM
haha... in Japan, Guu is kind of popular, but mostly no one knows "Excel Saga". In the US, its opposite.

So strange.

It is a great show.

Shadow Lady
04-21-2003, 11:33 PM
I love that series!!!!

I only have the first 6 episodes. Must...get...more......

I got my brother hooked on it too. Its too weird and funny for words.

I wanna pokute. There so cool.^_^

makonurikoryoko
04-22-2003, 12:15 AM
lol Pokute rule! I wish I could have them around al the time doing weird stuff... theyre freakish.. yet soo adorable....

Ayaka
04-23-2003, 12:53 PM
John, I love you too man T_T You made my thread LIVE! OTHER PEOPLE LIKE THE SHOW! *dies happy* Also, next con we're both at - you must demonstrate your dancing for me! XD I'll do it with you . . .

Maybe now I can finally forcefeed it to my anime club, seeing as I have backup on it being a good show. Muahahah. I haven't seen Deluxe yet . . . I'm still a bit short on the original actually. >_< Must get my hands on more.

Nekochan - Because it's not good for ME to be on crack, but if the people making my anime are, I'm fine with that. XD

Kris - Guu is kinda popular in Japan, but Excel Saga isn't? That's really interesting . . . Americans are weird I guess ^^;

nails
04-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Jungle wa itsumo hare nochi guu is in my opinion the funniest anime every created. It blows Excel, Golden Boy, and Happy World out of the water when it comes to ROTFLAO comedy. Guu is an intelligent, and an speed delivered show. I'm so happy they are releasing an OVA series. That alone has been keeping the laughing and guu tradition going. Hell I even bought the guu.ca domain just so my guu eggdrop could have it's own domain lol.

Jungle wa Itsumo ROCKS!!

Baka Neko
04-25-2003, 01:00 PM
A few guys in my Japanese class keep telling me to watch Guu and so have some of my other friends. I tell I'm dying to see it BUT I'm without a high speed internet connect ;.; So it is impossible for me to obtain it unless I pay for fansubs (which you're not supoose to do, apparently ^^) and I don't have the extra cash to pay for a show I'm sure I'll be definately hooked on... that's my story =P

nails
04-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Well ask those guys to hook you up. Give them some vhs tapes or something, and ask them to make you copies (unless they are the asshole kinda guys).

moonclarinet
04-26-2003, 02:26 PM
ahhhhhhhh guu rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_ <-- my guu face!

thanks roomie for getting me into it!!!! i wuv you makonurikoryoko ^_^

Haloguy20
06-26-2003, 02:31 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I have the entire series and I'm working on it right now!!! This series is a thousand times more crazy, insane, cracked out than Excel Saga...........I have only one thing to say................KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!