PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Reservations

Takura
01-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Yeah its a bit early heh, but I have already reserved a hotel room, and am looking for 2 maybe 3 more people. So if anyone needs a room lemme know. (2 queen sized beds) :)

SwordsWoman
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
anyone is perticular your looking for to sleep with?(not in perverted sense mind you)

i plan on getting a room as well.

Takura
01-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Im not picky :) The offer is for anyone needing a room really.

kyandi-chan
01-22-2004, 05:46 PM
i need female roommates...i need like 2 other people

katchoo
01-22-2004, 08:44 PM
kyandi chan, how much for the room?

SwordsWoman
01-27-2004, 07:12 PM
i too would like to know the prices on both of ya'll's rooms if i can. i have like 3 guys and maybe 5 girls (or more?) all together in my group. i would have to ask them if they dont mind being spilt up.... :confused: if you guys dont mind it (yes im willing to do that and yes i know im a total dorkette :p)

Takura
01-28-2004, 11:35 AM
well depending on how many people the cost would be pretty low, If I get 5-6 people it'll be like $25 for the whole weekend.. Total is $250 for the room.. I have 4 already so 2 or 3 more people and it would be even lower.. :)

SwordsWoman
02-03-2004, 11:24 PM
thank you Takura for the space! *hugs*
note to self: get something for Takura for the room and protection....

Takura
02-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Ya dont have to get me a thing :p just glad to be of some service :)

Araunah
02-19-2004, 05:53 AM
<<-- semi-attractive male seaking room and board!

(im me on aim.. if need be i can help you MAKE money to pay for the room for everyone so its free... -has good idea- )

Takura
02-19-2004, 08:10 AM
I would offer ya space, but the room is full now.. Its still early though, im sure you will find somethin. :)

lei
02-20-2004, 06:13 PM
I dont think its too early to reserve at all. Last year the main hotel sold out REALLY fast, and even though this hotel is bigger, some of the akon admin. people have talked about advertising on Adult Swim in a few months (they were going to do it last year, but the hotel had already sold out). So every one I know has already resevered, cause overflow hotels suck.

Scortia
02-20-2004, 07:55 PM
I second that... Hyatt sold out in February last year.. I'm suprised the Adams Mark - though way bigger - hasn't sold out yet given that Miyavi is the musical guest this year.

ZoraLink
02-20-2004, 08:01 PM
i need to room with ppl if i ever go to a con...but I'd feel uncomfortable going with sum1 i met online :-\

Sakuma Kamui
02-21-2004, 12:57 AM
I have a room for a-kon and I'm looking for room mates. I'm a thirteen year old girl, so I'd rather like people who are around my age (up to age 16 or so). My mom will be staying in the room too, just so ya know. ^^;; please IM or email me if you're interested. ^.~

kirineko
02-21-2004, 04:16 AM
I dont think its too early to reserve at all. Last year the main hotel sold out REALLY fast, and even though this hotel is bigger, some of the akon admin. people have talked about advertising on Adult Swim in a few months (they were going to do it last year, but the hotel had already sold out). So every one I know has already resevered, cause overflow hotels suck.

It hasn't sold out because the Adams Mark is HYOOJ. It's so huge I can't even spell it right. The Adams Mark is one of two of the NICEST hotels in Dallas. Everything about it is HYOOJ. It's like..I'd say 4 times the size of the Hyatt?

Oh, and it's in downtown Dallas, so if we DO go into overflow, I believe there are other hotels within even a walking distance, unlike when we were at the airport. >:|

I wish you guys could see it. I need to take the digital camera the next time we go down to the hotel, and see if we can peek in the ballrooms again. The dealers room is just going to be humongous. The room is easily half the size of a football field, if not more. And it's just GORGEOUS, with chandeliers and everything.

Reserve rooms now! Room rates are only 6 dollars more than last year, and it's worth EVERY DOLLAR. Just. gorgeous. A-kon could not really ask for a better location. Unless it was closer to my house. ><

Also, anyone who is looking for people to room with them, you might also try the A-kon BBS, or, if you use livejournal, there is an A-kon LJ community as well. ^_^

Takura
02-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Yes, the place is quite huge.. I was at Quakecon last year which is held there every year, and thats about 3000 people with computers, plus displays, etc etc... If ya want some good interior pics, check out some of the galleries on http://www.quakecon.org/ (goto "foto's 'Official' QuakeCon 2003 Gallery" click the first album and go to page 5)

lei
02-21-2004, 11:50 AM
It does look beautiful, but I still wouldn't risk waiting with a new jrock guy announced and the possiblity of adult swim advertisement. But I'm just stubborn like that I guess.

kirineko
02-22-2004, 06:45 AM
It does look beautiful, but I still wouldn't risk waiting with a new jrock guy announced and the possiblity of adult swim advertisement. But I'm just stubborn like that I guess.

Especially once people see the commericial. One of my friends was in it, and I fear she may need bodyguards at the convention. :O

And yes, the commercial is airing in April I believe.

Oh, and there is going to be at least one more performer announced for A-kon, once they hammer out all the details. Or, at least, we hope. So yes. I'd suggest reserving now.

nebbie
02-25-2004, 01:27 PM
How old do you have to be to get a room at the Adams Mark? I know some hotels want you to be 21, some 23, and then there are others that don't care, just as long as you have $$$ and are old enough to be sued if you set the place on fire.

Also, can you reserve a room if you don't have a credit card? Could you use your debit/check card?

HuongStar
02-25-2004, 05:37 PM
Also, can you reserve a room if you don't have a credit card? Could you use your debit/check card?

So long as your card has a Visa/Mastercard logo on it, you can use it to reserve your hotel room. For reservations, I believe Adam's Mark requires you to be at least 21 years old but I would check with the hotel.

nebbie
02-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Just so everyone knows: I went to the site and found out that anyone 18 and older can reserve a room. I couldn't find it before, but I did a search on the site and found out. ^_^

SwordsWoman
02-27-2004, 08:12 PM
said by Araunah

<<-- semi-attractive male seaking room and board!

(im me on aim.. if need be i can help you MAKE money to pay for the room for everyone so its free... -has good idea- ) said by Takura

I would offer ya space, but the room is full now.. Its still early though, im sure you will find somethin. :) yes the room is now full with lovely women and their handsome protectors. sorry Araunah...
*waves at her pet kitty (he knows who he is =^_^= )* hi mr. meowmeow!
(i need to get on more often to read all this and reply earlier....) sorry again Araunah, but we girls hope to see you at the con anyway.

Takura
02-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Yes.. Yes ya do need to get on more often :p *meow*

Saikolady
05-04-2004, 01:38 AM
Well I'm a little late on this topic *cough2monthscough* but we had out room reserved in November! lol talk about early XD We also may be looking for people to share a room with soon. We don't have any bed space left but we've got plenty of cheap floor space XD And room to transport a few people to the con.

Saiko Ichijouji is my AIM if anyone is interrested. We're reserved noon Thursday to noon Sunday and the total is 375$. We have 3 people already so figure up the math to know what it would cost you ^_^; The more the merrier! (and cheaper :D)