PDA

View Full Version : Rabi~En~Rose

Houki
01-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Here was my first costume I did, I have made it over and over again to get it right. I am starting to make over the shoes and socks so don't comment on that plz but tell me what you think of everything else...

You can view it from this site.
http://www.washu.org/cosplay/ausa/
When you get there, just look for the rabi-en-rose (me) and click on it.

If it doesn't work, please tell me and I will see what I can do about it!

Ali
01-15-2004, 05:26 PM
I like the colors you chose. It's so hard picking a color scheme for Rabi that looks... well... good. (Pink and burgundy was a good choice.)

I LOVE your ears. They're so big! How did they fare at the convention?

I just have three suggestions:

-Try fitting the bodice of the pink part. It looks a little loose.
-Add a big fluffy crinoline under the skirt. Nylon square dancing ones are my favorites.
-Bigger dice, to balance the ears. ^_^

That's about it... cool costume!

x_KyouKyou_x
01-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Omg! How did you get your ears to stay on?? They're huge! x_X I was planning a Rabi~en~Rose and I have no idea what I'm gonna do about my ears lol.... but your costume looks great! ^^

liz-maru
01-15-2004, 06:19 PM
it looks awesome ^^ very great job!! i dont see anything wrong with it at all!! only thing i would change would be the shoes, i know walkin alot at a con is uncomfortable >< but i think different shoes would add alot. you did an excellent job! you should be very proud!

Hanyaan
01-15-2004, 07:17 PM
First off, the ears ROCK. (I can't see the dice, but I'm assuming they're there. XD)

I agree with Ali about the bodice needing to be fitted more closely. I can tell that you're not at all overweight, but besides not being accurate to the character, the unfitted bodice makes you look FAR chunkier around the waist than the rest of your figure indicates you are. XD (I hate being cruel to be kind, but you'd really look slimmer if it was better-fitted.)

Your choice of color for everything is quite nice. I like how you have the very Usada-ish "pink" look without going into Electric Neon Hot Pink, a downfall of many Rabi~en~Rose costumes. I would also kill to know where you got a wig THAT color, but that's completely irrelevant.

I hate just saying "I agree" but Ali really was right that you need to make the skirt a bit poofier. It's still nice the way it is, but Rabi has a VERY poofy crinoline-d skirt.

I really, REALLY like your shoes. I've seen a zillion Rabi~en~Rose's with bad shoes. Yours is one of the few with GOOD shoes. Kudos for that.

Houki
01-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Thank you all for your advice, I am going to try to fix the bodice. Thanks for your comments.

I have Big Dice and a Big Tail but its not in that shot. I am wearing it to Katsucon if anyone is going? I hope to have it all fixed by then.