PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Costume Tracking

allyunion
01-17-2004, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure if this is a problem for the forums on Cosplay.com but there seems to be an occasional repeat topic thread, because a person doesn't want to search for the character they are looking for or whatever.

What I am suggesting is that for the Costume Boards that there can be someway to show a quick listing of threads for a specific costume, thereby cutting down the number of threads and people's requests. I kind of figure that there are always multiple requests for pictures of such and such character, and usually it's deep in the forums, because someone else asked it a few months back.

(Something like a cosplay character database which links the threads on the forum to some kind of page.)

I'm only suggesting this because repeat threads seem to be a waste of space and I figure the Admin can only store so much on the server before he has to get rid of some very old threads.

Admin
01-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Database already in the works, whether we'll add a feature like that I dunno. It'd wind up being either a) a trust thing or b) man-hours to keep it updated. a) only works 1/2 the time and b) equals twice the work.

Cosplay.com's forum database is around 1.2 gigabytes, the server can hold many cosplay.com's. So space isn't really an issue. If we ever have to archive anything it'll be pretty painless and I'd want to make it searchable anyway.