PDA

View Full Version : New guy needs advice. Assassin's Creed 3

Marshall11
03-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Hey guys. I'm fresh to cosplay mostly because I procrastinate for too long on a costume, but I'm working on change. By September, I would like to have a fitted Assassin uniform from the newly announced Assassin's Creed 3. I currently have no direction of any sort, so all advice is welcome. Please, this is something I'm willing to throw my heart (and wallet) into.

vonviolet
03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey Marshall, welcome to the Assassin's Creed cosplay forum! :D

Since you're new to cosplay here are the basic steps I followed when I just started out:

Commit to the project if you know you'll be spending lots of time OR money
Find out what materials you need
Get the general idea of how much you'll need of each material (fabric, leather, tools, craft foam, etc.) Check what you have already so you don't buy it again.
The hunt begins! Go and buy your materials online or in store, which ever saves you more money (cosplay can get costly FAST)
Pattern things out by altering a bought pattern, an old t-shirt, or even making it from scratch.
Make a prototype out of some cheap material you don't care about to make sure it looks right and you know what you'll be doing when you use the final materials
Make any corrections to your patterns
Complete the final costume!

Basically you need to take 3 things into consideration:

Time
Money
Quality

Then you can decide things from there! If you have your own way of going about things, then go for it! There are many ways to make a cosplay~ There's a Connor cosplay resource thread going, if you're interested: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=280387

Best of luck with your project!

Safety and Peace,
vonviolet