PDA

View Full Version : Any cosplay shop in montreal?

joink
03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I wanted to know if there where any cosplay shops around the montreal area thanks ^^

Kagomekai
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
There is a store in China town that sells 'cosplay' (just random stuff, I saw some hetalia ones there. They have it in the right hand corner which is the same wall as the cash), I've never bought cosplay from them but I have bought stuff from their store. Its the one that has the sumo ramen (or whatever its called) above it.

Zhor'Fughakee
03-24-2012, 01:32 AM
I don't know any shops that sells cosplay excepting this one that Kagomekai is talking about... unfortunatly =/ that would be awesome if a cosplay shop would open :c

mazoku-chan
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
the Image-In on Mont-Royal close to St-Laurent doesn't have cosplay, but A LOT of wigs and costume props. A LOT.
There's also Malabar somewhere on Parc st. in the Plateau, and Johnny Brown by Parc metro. These too are general costume stores.

The "Tian-Huan" (The store on the second floor by the corner of St-Laurent and René-Levesque st.) has some cosplay too, but expensive.

EmpressofSquee
05-15-2012, 03:05 PM
There's Ponton in the Old Port across from the Centaur. They're the oldest costume shop on town and have a large inventory of costumes for rent (3 floors!!!) as well as to sell, although after the phone conversation I had recently with one of their sales reps, I'm not too impressed with their customer service. It went something like this:

Me: Hi! Do you have the Mad Hatter's hat from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland?
Salesgirl: Well, I have something similar.
Me: I'm looking for the licensed version, the one from the film.
Salesgirl: Well... (pause with barely audible huff of impatience) That particular one would be in California somewhere.
Me: O_o... *click*

I'm going to assume she was new :eeek:

Kagomekai
05-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Well if we're gonna just give costume shops in Montreal, then yes there are a lot. There's apparently two on st.catherine street, one near atwater and one near beri-uquam. Those two are called Moulin Rose. (Not to be mistaking with the adult store on mount royal called Moulin Rouge XD) But ya I buy stuff at Image-In in Mont-Royal. Currently they are having a sale on contact lenses soooo if you need contacts for a cosplay you could always go there while they are still having a sale. I got a pair that were a normal 60 buck plus tax for 39 plus tax, also the 90 dollar ones are on sale too for 50 bucks. There's also a costume store that I went to once near the Square Victoria Metro station.