PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Evening Gown

Hime_S
03-22-2012, 02:25 PM
My question to everyone is this: What makes an evening gown steampunk?

I've asked people with NO responses. I would really like to know what makes an evening gown considered to be steampunk?

Thanks! ^^

Mehdia
03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
For me (since steampunk is very open to interpretation) an evening gown should be a Victorian or Edwardian style with small embellishments that would make it "steamed". I would use little things like aged looking jewelry, maybe some sort of cute hat or hair-piece. And as I've stated before (god knows what thread I said it in though), I've had the idea to use various metals and make flowers and feathers for the hair and corsages to give it a more industrial feel.

SparrowRayne
03-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Well, what is steampunk to you? People probably struggle with the question because it's a very broad spectrum.

I would say something that incorporates essences from Steampunk into a very elegant but industrial look.

OdetteKuri
03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
So for the colors I would choose deep purples, blacks and maybe off white. Its also nice to add lots of lace and maybe cool old flowery patterns. (and if you are planning on making a whole outfit you could have those little top hats, possibly those fish net looking tights, a veil, fingerless gloves and maybe gear jewelery!)
Sorry I get carried away...
Good Luck! :crest:

vortex
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I know some girls who made some awesome steampunk dresses by starting from Victorian aesthetics but adding design elements that were definitely not present in that time (dress much shorter in the front, corset on the outside, etc.)