PDA

View Full Version : Duel Academy duel disk

cybervirgo
03-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey peoples :)
With both my Asuka and Johan cosplays, ill be needing the duel disk. Id make my own, but it wouldnt turn out great, and itd be better if I just had the toy, and I dont mind.
I found one on eBay, and I wouldnt mind getting it from there but others were selling one for $1000 for the Osiris Red version...so not really in my price range, but I dont need the Osiris Red one either way.
On Tumblr someone had Yusei's duel disk and they got it at Goodwill, and so maybe luck will be on my side maybe if I found the Academy one there.
Everyone that ive seen doing a GX cosplay had the Academy duel disk on DeviantART, and ive checked the date that the photo was taken for reference...
And others who've had it said it was hard to find...
So basically...where could I find the Academy duel disk?

yamibakura03
03-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Before I sold My GX Dueldisk, I found mines at a local toy r us. They were closing it so you can imagine the prices going down. They may or May not have it nowadays but keep checking at local thrift stores etc.

cybervirgo
03-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Before I sold My GX Dueldisk, I found mines at a local toy r us. They were closing it so you can imagine the prices going down. They may or May not have it nowadays but keep checking at local thrift stores etc.
WHY DIDNT YOU SELL IT MEEE XD
Naw, but that's where I was going to check too, and at a local Superstore Walmart (though I don't think they'd have it there, probably when the series was going on but since I didn't get into GX until recently...)
Yeah, like I said, someone on Tumblr posted a pic of Yusei's (YGO 5ds) hybrid disk, that they said they got it for $10 at Goodwill, so i'll check there too. I also posted on my own Tumblr account about where I could find the duel disk and I got a reply about how I can get it on eBay so if I can't find it anywhere else I'll buy it there.
Thanks again :]

jawsisra
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
If you can not find the red one. What I would do is buy the Grey one and Paint it to look like the red one. A friend of my did this and it turn out great. If I ever get chance to get a Pic of it I will. He bought 4 of them 1 he left alone and the other 3 are painted Red, Blue, and Yellow. The Blue and Yellow one is not as good as the red one