PDA

View Full Version : James Potter: Casual

floralNINJAchan
03-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I am piecing together a James Potter cosplay (school uniform) but I want to cosplay him at a theme park. I want to be recognizable as James, or even as a HP character, but my sister is forbided me from wearing the actual cosplay (Gryffindor tie and such). Any ideas?

pocky_penguin66
03-23-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm going to say that most people won't recognize you as James. You will be Harry Potter to the majority or some 'weird' kid. James is basically Harry without the scar.

So what you are saying is that you want to do a school uniform cosplay but can't wear the tie and ...? The costume? I'm confused.

patriciarakel
03-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe just add some touches of Gryffindor things. Maybe wear the tie as a belt or something like that. You could always wear a Gryffindor shirt or maybe a shirt that says "Prongs"? That would give people a hint of who you're supposed to be.

floralNINJAchan
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe just add some touches of Gryffindor things. Maybe wear the tie as a belt or something like that. You could always wear a Gryffindor shirt or maybe a shirt that says "Prongs"? That would give people a hint of who you're supposed to be.

Thanks. thats really helpful :)

patriciarakel
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
No problem. I like casual cosplays, but they're sometimes a pain to keep casual AND recognizable. I ran into that problem when I was getting my casual Astoria Greengrass cosplay together, and I'm pretty sure that I still need to be standing within three feet of a casual Draco Malfoy to be recognized by even a third of people looking. XP