PDA

View Full Version : Inu-yasha cosplayer's needed for AN04!

Pages : [1] 2

Bata
01-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone I'm looking for a miroku, kagome, or any character from inu-yasha for a group at anime north 2004 if anyone is able and willing to, please let me know.

neko rinchan
01-18-2004, 04:04 PM
do u want this group for the masq? of for the friday night skit thing? i can talk to my iy group for cnanime and see if they can/want to do it earlier... if not, i can still wear my kouga...

Kakei_Jubei
01-18-2004, 08:21 PM
do u want this group for the masq? of for the friday night skit thing? i can talk to my iy group for cnanime and see if they can/want to do it earlier... if not, i can still wear my kouga...
>>*MUST RESIST... URGE.. TO...JOIN GROUP!!!.....*<< BAH!!! I WANNA JOIN!!! >.< Even though I "shouldn't" cause I'm already making 3 costumes presently... >.< I'm already in two groups for AN2004, so, _maybe_ I'll join you guys... Oh!!! *sends messege to Kitsune_Youkai* Ha!!! My friend loves Inuyasha, so he'll most likely join! ^^ Keep a look-out for him! :D

Bata
01-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Yeah Woot! ^^ Well basically for the masquerade or some thing! what ever fits best with you im gonna be there all 3 days probally so yeah! LOL i kno what you mean i have so much to do im going crazy X_x

Ryukka
01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
My friend's planning on doing a kagome, if you want I can ask her if she'd like to join the group ^_^

Bata
01-20-2004, 12:25 PM
YEAH!! that would be great! :) If she can and wants to that is ^^

Kakei_Jubei
01-20-2004, 03:42 PM
YEAH!! that would be great! :) If she can and wants to that is ^^
Kewlies! ^-^ Well... now... I'm gunna join I guess... But I have no clue which character I should do... -___-;;; hm... I wanna do a character that I don't need a wig for cause I have enough wigs to take care of at the con.... Well... just keep me as a maybe :thumbsup:

... Why isn't K_Y here yet? *runs off and drags Kitsune_youkai to thread* :D

neko rinchan
01-20-2004, 06:23 PM
i can definately do the friday night extended skit thing, but i'd have to wear my sesshoumaru costume (i'm entering my kouga in the CNAnime masq), but i'd only end up wearing it the friday night... unless i totally scrap my kamatari cosplay and wear it for halloween or something... anyways, let me know if u wan't me to wear my fluffy costume (and i will be fixing it if u want me to wear it)

Bata
01-20-2004, 08:15 PM
^^ perfect I'd luv a sesshomaru in the group! that would be great! oh yeah and kakei how long is your hair?

Kakei_Jubei
01-20-2004, 08:37 PM
^^ perfect I'd luv a sesshomaru in the group! that would be great! oh yeah and kakei how long is your hair?
Well... my hair ends at the middle of my back... But, I'm letting my hair grow to my butt! ^_~*

Bata
01-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Koolies :bigtu: (looks at her hair) heh mines alil longer bout around my waist. hrm....(thinks) but it's up to you on what character you'd like to be i guess ^^

Kakei_Jubei
01-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Koolies :bigtu: (looks at her hair) heh mines alil longer bout around my waist. hrm....(thinks) but it's up to you on what character you'd like to be i guess ^^
>.< Well... I still dunno which character I'm gunna cosplay as... *thinks* Well, like I said, I don't wanna buy a wig for my cosplay... I could do Kikyo or Kagome, but since someone is gunna cosplay as her, then... she's gone... hmm... who else has longish black hair?? ... Oh ya!! Sango, Kouga, Kagura, Rin and Bankotsu... hm... Which one should I do??? :S Any ideas? Cause, I like all of those characters! :D And I do crossplay, so ya...
^_^

Kitsune_Youkai
01-21-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm here already, I'll go as Naraku, that'll be fun!

Kakei_Jubei
01-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm here already, I'll go as Naraku, that'll be fun!
GAH!!! >.< XD THERE YOU ARE!!! :P

Infini
01-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm going as Inuyasha (not masquerade/skit), but I think this group already has one. ^_^

If you just need someone for photo purposes, I'll have my Kikyo costume done by then. All I have left to do is the top and the quiver to hold my arrows.

Bata
01-22-2004, 08:46 AM
WOOT!!^^ im the inu-yasha in the group! but the kikyou would b great! (cheers) yeah a naraku! oh and kakei i'd probaly go wit the sango that is if u dont mind my friend who adores her to keep taking pics of u XD! :thumbsup:

Songstress_Yuna
01-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Me and my boyfriend are going as Inuyasha and Kagome. Lol late reply, sorry.

Ryukka
01-22-2004, 11:33 AM
My friend seemed really exicted and agreed to be your Kagome if still needed. She's not on the boards so she asked me to give you her email address, here it is; kaitlynswench_santa_hohoho@hotmail.com and her name's Meggy =3

Bata
01-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Hehe Yep I just talked to her and she said she wants to be kagome ^^ Thanks!

Kakei_Jubei
01-22-2004, 01:31 PM
WOOT!!^^ im the inu-yasha in the group! but the kikyou would b great! (cheers) yeah a naraku! oh and kakei i'd probaly go wit the sango that is if u dont mind my friend who adores her to keep taking pics of u XD! :thumbsup:
Okidays! ^_^ Well, I may as well do Sango! ^^ Is there a Miroku yet? Or a Shippou? T-T I hope there is cause then I'll glomp the Shippou! ^_^ hehehehe.. But, I'm not sure if I can do Sango with her Demon Exterminator OUtfit cause I am still a newbie ay cosplay, and I am only 13.... so... I don't have that much money or sewing skills... But, I could just make her kimono outfit cause I am making a kimono for my Ritsu(Fruits Basket) cosplay, and I'll get some practice n making Kimonos from those costumes... But, I am SURELY gunna make her boomerang thingie! ^_^; so yay!! ^_^

Bata
01-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Yeah that willl be great! and no we dont have a shippou or a miroku yet but i so wish we had a miroku! (cries)

Kakei_Jubei
01-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah that willl be great! and no we dont have a shippou or a miroku yet but i so wish we had a miroku! (cries)
Aww..... T-T hm... *stares at oblivious friends* :D I'll somehow arrange a Miroku... ;) And, for Shippou... we could just have a plushie! ^^

BTW... How old is everybody in this group??? -___- just curious, I'm 13, turning 14 in June...

neko rinchan
01-22-2004, 06:45 PM
i'm gonna be 19! btw, i'm gonna be fluffy...

neko rinchan
01-22-2004, 06:48 PM
oh, and my friend halfling_rogue can wear her rin costume, if that helps...

Kakei_Jubei
01-22-2004, 07:19 PM
oh, and my friend halfling_rogue can wear her rin costume, if that helps...
T-T I'm still so young... T-T But yay! We can have a Rin and a fluffy!! Yay! Go Neko Rinchan!! ^_^

Bata
01-23-2004, 02:40 PM
YEAH RIN AND FLUFFY YEAH!!!! (does dance around everyone) Oh yeah i'm 15 Y.O! ^^ If we do get a miroku they better watch out cause im gonna b glomping them!

Kakei_Jubei
01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
YEAH RIN AND FLUFFY YEAH!!!! (does dance around everyone) Oh yeah i'm 15 Y.O! ^^ If we do get a miroku they better watch out cause im gonna b glomping them!
Lol! *joins Bata* Yay!! I'm not that youngish!! ^_^ And, I might be getting a Miroku... so yay!!!

neko rinchan
01-24-2004, 05:15 PM
your gonna be glomping *just* the miroku, right? *nervous sweatdrop*

Kags
01-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Hi! This is Ryukka's friend. I'd love to be in your group. I'll be cosplaying Kagome. I'm really looking forward to it. I guess I should probably get started on my skirt but I'll have to get some practice in first and then I have to learn how to make pleats.

Kags
01-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Ijust had a thought! My friend needs a costume for Anime North so maybe she could be Shippou. I'll talk to her and let you know.

Kakei_Jubei
01-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Ijust had a thought! My friend needs a costume for Anime North so maybe she could be Shippou. I'll talk to her and let you know.
Yay! ^^ Well, It's good to have a Kagome in a Inu-yasha group! ^_^v And it's also nice to "meet" you! ^^

Bata
01-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Good stuff we need a shippou in the group ^^ (cheers)

Kakei_Jubei
01-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Good stuff we need a shippou in the group ^^ (cheers)
ya, I talked to my friend, and he says that he could be the Miroku, but I'll have to make his costume(which isnt that hard), but, he's a maybe.... So, just have a back-up Miroku, just in case.

Bata
01-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Okie ill keep that im mind! thankx alot ^^

Brita_Lee
01-27-2004, 12:47 PM
I have a friend who practicly IS Miroku, and he considers Miroku as his mentor. I may possibly get him to do it but mind you he is new to the anim scene. I'd like ta be in the group but I wouldn't know who to cosplay as...-.- Maybe yes maybe no. I dunno. Kaboom! :waaaah:
Oh yeah, my friend also has never cosplayed or gone to a con, and I have no idea on how he would react to me asking him. We'll see.
As for me cosplayin' as someone, now that I think about it I'm knda iffy on the idea. I can't make up my mind. *brain explodes*

Brita_Lee
01-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Actually, I was just looking at my piccies and realised I should go as Midoriko! But I need pics of her. The one I have is 6kb and I can barely see it. Pics are appreciated. ^^

Kakei_Jubei
01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Actually, I was just looking at my piccies and realised I should go as Midoriko! But I need pics of her. The one I have is 6kb and I can barely see it. Pics are appreciated. ^^
Ok, I'll search for y'a! ^^ And it's better if you go as Miroku, cause my friend is still 'maybe'.
Oh! And is this what Midoriko looks like? ^^;;:
http://www.angelfire.com/creep/sheol13/Midoriko.jpg

Bata
01-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Sounds great Brita ^^ And i'll go see if i can find some midoriku pics for yah. But the miroku would be greatly appreciated! :bigtu:

Kitsune_Youkai
01-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Yay!! Hooray for Our rapidly growing group! I'll be 14 for the convention, so I hope you don't mind a short naraku. I may do the hair and makeup, but I'll probably just stick to the baboon cloak.

Brita_Lee
01-27-2004, 08:08 PM
I'll talk to my friend on Thursday about cosplaying as Miroku. As for me being Midoriko, I'm up for it if you want me, I just need a bigger picture with more detail than the one I have.

Brita_Lee
01-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Ok, I'll search for y'a! ^^ And it's better if you go as Miroku, cause my friend is still 'maybe'.
Oh! And is this what Midoriko looks like? ^^;;:
http://www.angelfire.com/creep/sheol13/Midoriko.jpg

No that isn't her. I don't think Midoriko has bangs(which is good cuz neither do I really). But keep looking, tis greatly appreciated. I suck at looking for stuff. :chatah:

P.S. Mmmmm...I'm drinking coke and eating starburst. ^^ I've been on a five day weekend off school, and at this rate I'm gonna get fat! Yay getting fat! Oh wait I mean boo? Mmmm...I still have more starbursts...*mows down on sugary goodness*

Bata
01-28-2004, 01:06 PM
i'm pretty short too kitsune so it's all good :thumbsup: besides naraku's usually sitting down in his baboon cloak so shortness doesnt matter :bigtu:
Oh and brita greatly appreciated hope ur friend can be our miroku! ^^ and i guess we can have Midoriko in the group im not too familiar with the character but the more the merrier! ^^ (grabs some of her starburst and runs off ranting happily about something competely stupid while glomping a bishie plushie)

Kakei_Jubei
01-28-2004, 04:14 PM
i'm pretty short too kitsune so it's all good :thumbsup: besides naraku's usually sitting down in his baboon cloak so shortness doesnt matter :bigtu:
Oh and brita greatly appreciated hope ur friend can be our miroku! ^^ and i guess we can have Midoriko in the group im not too familiar with the character but the more the merrier! ^^ (grabs some of her starburst and runs off ranting happily about something competely stupid while glomping a bishie plushie)
lol!! ^^ hehehe... Well, I have a comment for you K_Y.... I AM SHORTER THAN YOU BY 2-3 INCHES!!! T-T *I'mma the shortest person in my class...* And I am supposed to be Sango... *sigh* At least I won't have to buy as much fabric... feh...
Oh, and Brita_Lee... what does the priestess look like? I know K_Y told me that she hardly appears in Inuyasha... and thats all I know... -__-

Brita_Lee
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Ah! My Starburst! (just kidding, I share) Midoriko has long black hair (who doesn't in that show) No bangs though. She has really long/big red pants, an armour vest/skirt thingy and shoulder pads, and a white long sleeve shirt. She is the one who created the Shikon jewel and as far as I have seen has only appeared in one episode. I have a pic of her but like I said it's small and I don't know how to send it to you and I think the website I got it from doesn't exist anymore.

neko rinchan
01-28-2004, 07:45 PM
you could always download the episode it appeared in, and make screencaps, sketches, etc. i don't know the exact episode, but it may be episode 23, 24 or 25... or even make some quick sketches from the manga...

Infini
01-28-2004, 09:42 PM
I believe it is episode 26 that she appears in. For those not really familiar with the character, she's the priestess that made the shikon no tama. I have the episode on DVD, but I can't play DVDs on my computer, so no screencaps. Sorry!

Kakei_Jubei
01-28-2004, 09:44 PM
I believe it is episode 26 that she appears in. For those not really familiar with the character, she's the priestess that made the shikon no tama. I have the episode on DVD, but I can't play DVDs on my computer, so no screencaps. Sorry!
Aww... well, I know K_Y has a few Inuyasha dvds, so ya... ^^

P.S. How do you capture screen shots?

Infini
01-28-2004, 09:54 PM
I know how to capture screenshots from a downloaded file, but not from a DVD. If you have a program to burn/play dvds on your computer, I think there should be something in that program to get screenshots and turn them into JPEG files.

I'm just guessing though, so don't listen to me.

Kakei_Jubei
01-28-2004, 09:56 PM
I know how to capture screenshots from a downloaded file, but not from a DVD. If you have a program to burn/play dvds on your computer, I think there should be something in that program to get screenshots and turn them into JPEG files.

I'm just guessing though, so don't listen to me.
lol, ok, but, I guess that I'll have to do some research on that... But, at least I have a bit of a 'basic' step...

Infini
01-28-2004, 10:02 PM
I had a look around some Inuyasha websites, and it's almost impossible to find good images of Midoriko since she was only in 1 episode, and only for a few seconds, really.

I grabbed this picture so that everyone knows (basically) what she looks like.

Bata
01-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Yeah i know who your talking about now! i saw that episode a while back ^^ and its true it is hard to find a good pic of her seeing how she's barely in the episode.

Brita_Lee
01-29-2004, 02:02 PM
I had a look around some Inuyasha websites, and it's almost impossible to find good images of Midoriko since she was only in 1 episode, and only for a few seconds, really.

I grabbed this picture so that everyone knows (basically) what she looks like.

I feel so special, all of you going through so much trouble just for me. *sniff* I'm so happy. *ahem* anywho, That picture helps alot. I needed to see the detail in the armour. *does a dance*

I talked to my friend today about being Miroku and he seemed rather sarcastic, but he's always like that. I didn't feel like being persistant today so I'll bug him again tommorrow. He's never cosplayed before and is reletively new to the anime scene so he just needs a little comfort and convincing I think. Also, if I tell him there will most likely be Chii cosplays there I'm sure he'll be sold. And hey, he'll most likely share a room with me and two other girls so why not? I'll get him, I'm sure, don't you worry, I have my friend Kirstin to bug him with me. (She's a Leo, so she is stubbern and will aide in my Rutherford bugging)

P.S. Rutherford is the guy I'm trying to get to play Miroku.

Bata
01-29-2004, 02:58 PM
YEAH GO LEO'S!!! ^^
Heh alot of guys would be sold if they were sharing a room with 2 girls XD! anywho (munches on britas starbust and some pocky) Just wondering wat kinda of skit do we want to put on? yeah kno >>>> humour/adventure/romance/randomness etc.

neko rinchan
01-29-2004, 07:42 PM
i think humour would be our best bet, and i think we get 5 min (max) for the skit, so we should do something extravagent, something that the audience would really like... but all that i can think of is a big dance thing (don't ask) and that would be bordering on the impossible...

Brita_Lee
01-30-2004, 05:24 PM
Rutherford says YES! He'd love to! He said he is just a little worried as to if he has the money by then, but I can take care of that! Whoot! ^^

Kakei_Jubei
01-31-2004, 02:48 PM
Rutherford says YES! He'd love to! He said he is just a little worried as to if he has the money by then, but I can take care of that! Whoot! ^^
Yay!! ^_^ We have a Miroku!!! Now, we have _almost_ all of the mainish characters!! Oh... Do we have a Kikyo? Just wondering, and for the masquerade... I'll try to suggest something... But... isn't the masq. 1 min? well, I dunno.

Bata
01-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Um not too sure if we do have a kikyou (checks list) but yeah i was thinking humour too. ^^ i've got some good ideas up my sleeves (looks down) ACK where are my sleeves!!!....oh yeah tank tops dont have sleeves :thumbsup: my bad. any who let the brain storming begin. wouldnt be a bad idea to put a lil dance number in on the act hehe (looks over at brita)

neko rinchan
01-31-2004, 09:19 PM
but are we doing the skit contest (friday night) or the masquerade contest (saturday night)?

Kakei_Jubei
02-01-2004, 09:01 AM
but are we doing the skit contest (friday night) or the masquerade contest (saturday night)?
Um....-___-;;; question... whats the difference between the masq. and the skit contest? :lost:

neko rinchan
02-01-2004, 10:03 AM
the skit contest in on friday night, and you get around five minutes to do a skit, and you're judged on the skit. the masquerade is on saturday night, and you get 60 to 90 seconds to do a "presentation" to show off the costumes, keep audience amused, etc. and you're judged on your costumes... or so i have been led to believe.

Kakei_Jubei
02-01-2004, 11:36 AM
the skit contest in on friday night, and you get around five minutes to do a skit, and you're judged on the skit. the masquerade is on saturday night, and you get 60 to 90 seconds to do a "presentation" to show off the costumes, keep audience amused, etc. and you're judged on your costumes... or so i have been led to believe.
Ohhh...... o_O I never knew that... -__- well, it's good to know that there are differences...

Bata
02-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Well yes its true for the skit its 5 mins and the masq. is exactly one min. it all depends on what works best with the group though, for me it doesn't matter because im there all 3 days, but of course for others they might not be there on either or of the days so....

Kakei_Jubei
02-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Well yes its true for the skit its 5 mins and the masq. is exactly one min. it all depends on what works best with the group though, for me it doesn't matter because im there all 3 days, but of course for others they might not be there on either or of the days so....
Well, I'm going to try to go to AN 04 for all 3 days with my friends. so ya

Kitsune_Youkai
02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Woah, sorry I've fallen behind. Yeah Medoriko, She never really appeared at all, cause it was just Myoga's twisted imagination, unless your talking about the stone version which is in two episodes I think. AS for the Skit, we could pull off some Monty Python:
Dead Parrot+Inuyasha=Dead Shikon no Tama or Blemanches Playing tennis+Inuyasha= Youkai playing tennis. Whatever

Brita_Lee
02-02-2004, 06:29 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Friday is unlikely for me but ya never know what can happen outta the blue. *shameless plug* Midoriko is a very vague character isn't she? I can always be Kikyo if that's better for the group. It's also an easier costume to make, and I get to wear SUPER COOL SLEEEEEEEVES!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *ahem* sorry bout that. I must worn you I act like this in person, worse so if I'm at a con cuz I get all exited and junk. =^^= I CAN'T WAAAIIT! At least I have a con to go to before AN, I'm talkin bout the TAC baby, yeah!

P.S. I am STILL drinking some cocacola. :drink: I'M ADDICTED! (sorry folks, I'll lay off the caps next time :thumbsup: )

Kakei_Jubei
02-02-2004, 08:55 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Friday is unlikely for me but ya never know what can happen outta the blue. *shameless plug* Midoriko is a very vague character isn't she? I can always be Kikyo if that's better for the group. It's also an easier costume to make, and I get to wear SUPER COOL SLEEEEEEEVES!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *ahem* sorry bout that. I must worn you I act like this in person, worse so if I'm at a con cuz I get all exited and junk. =^^= I CAN'T WAAAIIT! At least I have a con to go to before AN, I'm talkin bout the TAC baby, yeah!

P.S. I am STILL drinking some cocacola. :drink: I'M ADDICTED! (sorry folks, I'll lay off the caps next time :thumbsup: )
Yay!!! Lol! You're going to TAC too? Well, I sure am going, and I think that K_Y is going as well with me... _''' right K_Y?... ;) But, I'm gunna be Blindfolded Unknown Riku at TAc, so, I'll see u there! ^^

P.S. Me like your sprites K_Y! ;) :D

Brita_Lee
02-03-2004, 08:52 AM
I will be Dejiko, at least that's the plan, I haven't even started it, so I'd better get my friend to fix my sewing machine and get my costume started here. O_O' If I don't get it done or started I'll have to pull a quickie of some sort, like Ed from Cowboy bebop or sumthin....-.-' I dunno, I'm babbling.. :hafha:

Infini
02-03-2004, 12:40 PM
I was going to be Kikyo, but I'm not sure about the masquerade/skit yet. I'll find out soon if I'm going to be in another skit. If it's just for photos, I can definitely wear my costume, but that's all I can promise for now. :)

Kitsune_Youkai
02-03-2004, 06:43 PM
TAC?? The Hell? I thought it was Pandmonium Con, oh, is TAC the Transformers Anime Convention, hmm, I guess it is. I might go. Either as Yugi or Naraku, but I need the Time, Date and Price!

P.S. Thanks K_J

Brita_Lee
02-04-2004, 03:09 PM
TAC is the Toronto Anime Convention, at least that's what I was led to believe. But hey, our Kikyo cosplayer came out of the shadows. Then I shall continue my hunt for Midoriko pictures.

Kia
02-04-2004, 03:17 PM
TAC?? The Hell? I thought it was Pandmonium Con, oh, is TAC the Transformers Anime Convention, hmm, I guess it is. I might go. Either as Yugi or Naraku, but I need the Time, Date and Price!

P.S. Thanks K_J
Check out the March TAC thread for more information (actually, I think all the info that's available right now is floating around in there). Even though it's gone off topic most of the time, I'm pretty sure you'll find info about March TAC there... if you're interested. ^_^

Bata
02-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Argh i havn't been here for a while!!!! heh ^^ oh well newho! urk forgot wat i was saying O_O NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!(does over dramatic fall).......alright i'll lay off the coke too :drink: well it seems most ppl r available for the masq. more then the skit but we'll see in the end i guess.
Ah yes im thinking we should start brain storming some more ideas (grabs light bulbs) whos with me!!!! :chatah:

Sala
02-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Um..I have an Ayame costume that I'll debut at AN'04...

Brita_Lee
02-10-2004, 09:52 AM
I think I've found enough Midoriko pics to keep me informed. One thing I can do is buy InuYasha stuff at TAC to see if they have any as well. ^^

Speaking of TAC, I was gonna go as Dejiko but I haven't even started it. O_O
I should either get my sewing machine fixed or think of a different costume I can just buy stuff for and just alter it buy hand (like school uniform type stuff)
I dunno, whatevah.

I need coke. :drink:

Infini
02-10-2004, 02:07 PM
I haven't seen any Ayame costumes yet! I've been thinking of a rarer costume to make from the series as well, but I think I'll just settle for finishing my Kagura costume for CNanime. It's KIND of rare....right?? o_O'

-Infini

Zero_1369
02-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Hiya! Way to go Brit.....seriously! LOL!

Bata
02-10-2004, 03:34 PM
O_O! Uh....zero do i kno you by chance ....probally not but w/e
Anywho! an ayame cosplay would be really kool to see cause i dont think i've ever seen neone cosplay that character....well at least not yet^^ ARGH!!!! I havn't started my costume yet (runs around going insane) must....calm...down @.@ (grabs britas coke) :drink:

Zero_1369
02-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Shes....not gonna like that....by the way, I'm Rutherford...lol.

Brita_Lee
02-11-2004, 09:41 AM
*grabs back coke* *glares* :drink: Rutherford is the Miroku I got for you guys! I made him join Cosplay.com, as well as my friend Kirst, I think she may have forgotten though. No worries, I get her. Da ha ha...DA ha ha...DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sala
02-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Hmmm...I have yet to physically see another Ayame cosplayer. I saw photos of a girl a few months ago, but her costume wasn't that great -- I hope mine is fabulous when I finish! :) I don't think I've seen another Kagura, come to think of it...
The minor characters tend to not get cosplayed. You see zillions of Inu-Yashas, Kagomes, Kikyos, Sangos, Shippos, & Mirokus, but hardly any other characters. To get a full cast together would be awesome!

ForgottenMekrd
02-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Sigh! Brittani Wins. v.v This is Kirstin. And I'm being told I have to be Shippo at some point...IO get to cling to people! XD! We'll see, though. Perhaps I'll just make a doll. I'm going to AN04 (If I get over honours at mid-terms, then near finals, that is...^^*) as White Mage Riku...and If I'm too lazy to make a Shippo costume, I'll make a Shippo Doll.

-Realizes that the doll will prolly take longer...but doesn't really care.- ^^*

Bata
02-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey brita ur names brittany!! WOOT!^^ well as far as i kno the inu-yasha cosplay is gonna be big at AN04 after debuting on YTV almost everyones got a thing for it now (does dance while waving a flag with shippou on it and drinking britas coke) Ah i cant wait to create some mass destruction at the con....i mean have fun at the con....yes..... :thumbsup: newho! im looking forward to seeing all the fab-u-lous costumes specialy the ayame one! ...not looking forward to carring kagome around all day T_T (LMAO MEG!)

Zero_1369
02-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Ya, it will prbably be a big thin, im sure we'll see alot of twins...lol, but thats cool.

Kakei_Jubei
02-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Ya, it will prbably be a big thin, im sure we'll see alot of twins...lol, but thats cool.
wow.... >_> I've fallen wayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind... >.< But, ne whoo, I wanted to do a Kouga or Kagura cosplay for this group.. but it need a Sango, so, since I like sango too, I decided to do her.
Oh! So, who else here is going to TAC? Cause, I wanna meet as many cosplayers as possible!!! XD But... for whoever is going, I am going to be Blindfolded Unknown from Kingdom Hearts... *just look for someone with a keyblade and has a crummy costume* x_X

ForgottenMekrd
02-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Heh eheh. I MIGHT be going to the TAC. We'll see. It's the weekend of my sister's birthday, so no promises. I'll be going as...myself. o.O Probably with a bright orange bandana.

ForgottenMekrd
02-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey brita ur names brittany!! WOOT!^^ well as far as i kno the inu-yasha cosplay is gonna be big at AN04 after debuting on YTV almost everyones got a thing for it now (does dance while waving a flag with shippou on it and drinking britas coke) Ah i cant wait to create some mass destruction at the con....i mean have fun at the con....yes..... newho! im looking forward to seeing all the fab-u-lous costumes specialy the ayame one! ...not looking forward to carring kagome around all day T_T (LMAO MEG!)

You didn't know her name was Brittani? XP Since she gave out my real name I can give out hers! Its only fair. because I said so...as for destruction...I WANNA HELP! Wheee! Hum. We must bring anything that is highly kaboomable. Like...hyperness. .oO

Infini
02-12-2004, 02:35 AM
Hmmm...I have yet to physically see another Ayame cosplayer. I saw photos of a girl a few months ago, but her costume wasn't that great -- I hope mine is fabulous when I finish! :) I don't think I've seen another Kagura, come to think of it...
The minor characters tend to not get cosplayed. You see zillions of Inu-Yashas, Kagomes, Kikyos, Sangos, Shippos, & Mirokus, but hardly any other characters. To get a full cast together would be awesome!

Yes, the only ones of Ayame I saw were from pictures, and there wasn't a lot of effort put into making them. I'm cosplaying popular characters as well, but I am going to try to have a balance between obscure cosplays and popular ones. Most of the popular characters I do are because they're my favorite characters, and I enjoy cosplaying as them. :)

I'm thinking now of having my Kagura costume done for AN this year, instead of halloween and AN'05. I'm just trying to find the nicest white fabric I can get, and the contrast to match it. I'd like to make the kimono as nice and as professionally as possible. :)

I definitely won't be buying red contacts though...

Brita_Lee
02-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Yay for my name! *takes coke back AGAIN* *sippy sippy* I'm going to TAC but I'm not sure if I can go as Dejiko anymore, I think it's too difficult for my novice hands to acomplish. I've never actually made a costume, only altered things to make a costume, and other stuff my grandma or oma made. I NEED SEWING LESSONS! I should look into it. But as for who I'm going as, either one of my orignal characters such as "Renegade Brita" or maybe an anime person that is easy to dress as. ......*sigh*

Kakei_Jubei
02-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Yay for my name! *takes coke back AGAIN* *sippy sippy* I'm going to TAC but I'm not sure if I can go as Dejiko anymore, I think it's too difficult for my novice hands to acomplish. I've never actually made a costume, only altered things to make a costume, and other stuff my grandma or oma made. I NEED SEWING LESSONS! I should look into it. But as for who I'm going as, either one of my orignal characters such as "Renegade Brita" or maybe an anime person that is easy to dress as. ......*sigh*
lol, well, I get 'free' sewing lessons in grade 8... and... I'm still in grade 8. -__- But, ya, I do agree that there aren't many Ayame cosplays... Oh!! And, someone _should_ make a Shippou flag! ^-^ It'll be 'original'! ^^-

Kitsune_Youkai
02-12-2004, 08:16 PM
I'll Make a Shippo Flag!!!!

Kakei_Jubei
02-13-2004, 06:04 PM
I'll Make a Shippo Flag!!!!
lol, yay!! ^^- me wanna help!

Zero_1369
02-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I just finished watching Inu Yasha...and I was totally reminded of why I praise Miroku, he's sooooo....kool!

hellbelle
02-14-2004, 09:34 AM
(wrong person posted)

Bata
02-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Sounds great hellbelle! ill go check that message! (runs off wit britas coke agin)

Brita_Lee
02-15-2004, 05:20 PM
WAAAAH! My Coke!!! :lost: *sniff*

Last Friday's InuYasha was HOLARIOUS! (sp?) Kirst was at my house watching with me and we laughed like there was no tomorrow.

neko rinchan
02-15-2004, 07:17 PM
guess what? i've added a 6'1 jaken to our inuyasha group. yay me!

Bata
02-16-2004, 05:22 PM
LMFAO! I saw that inuyasha episode too! poor inuyasha :( newho....(laughs at britas tears) the jaken sounds fun (grabs rocks to throw at him like fluffy did in one episode) muhhahahah jaken doesnt kno how to babysit Rin-chan....well i've run outta things to ramble about for now so..... :drink: bye!

Zero_1369
02-16-2004, 09:07 PM
I can't believe that Jakin's goin to be taller than Seshomoru! LOL!

Brita_Lee
02-17-2004, 10:05 AM
*galres at Bata* You dare laugh at me. Merk merk. :sulk: *is totally unimpressed* Lol. I'll get you.

Bata
02-18-2004, 07:42 PM
(looks around uneasily) DONT HURT ME!!!! (hides from brita) buwah! im bored and very lazy i havn't r4eally gotten newhere with my costume heh :thumbsup: oh well im somewhere near half done....kinda...sorta....w/e -___- (hears brita coming and runs with her coke) YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!AHAHAHHAHAH!!!!(runs into wall)

Infini
02-18-2004, 09:30 PM
It looks like I will have my Kagura costume done by then, and both my Kikyo and Inuyasha costumes are complete, so I'll have something to wear no matter what. :) Any ideas for when/where to have photos taken? I'm assuming it will be sometime around the masquerade so that those participating don't have 2 different times to meet up. Or something like that.

-Infini

Brita_Lee
02-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Gobble gobble gobble! (don't ask)

I'll just get a new coke! :sulk:

:drink: I'll get it after I'm done posting, I'll go to the caf. (I'm on my spare in school right now) I'm still pulling my hair out deciding what to do about the TAC, I'll worry about Anime North costume making after. (maybe I'll have sewing skills by then) For the TAC I'm think maybe maybe maybe I'll crossplay as Serge. I have a blue wig so it may work.... :lost:

Brita_Lee
02-19-2004, 10:07 AM
I just got back from the caf. I got Doritos and Coke, but I had to walk around the school for ten minutes to eat the Doritos cuz you're not alowed food in the library. As for the coke, I'm alowed to leave it at the front so I can finish it later. ^^

Wow, this post was way off topic. :drink:

Zero_1369
02-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Yes...yes it was...

Kitsune_Youkai
02-20-2004, 05:28 PM
I just remembered how much Inuyasha songs rock! Change the World! YAY For V6! Dearest! YAY AYUMI!! I AM! YAY HITOMI! SHINJITSU NO ETA! YAY DO AS INFINITY!! You get the point! I'm buying more Inu Yasha DVD's this weekend, and I ordred the game at Amazon.ca so I should get it this week!! YAY FOR SKITTLES! (I need sugar, and I don't drink pop of as the americains say.... *shudder* Soda! Lol CYa

Bata
02-20-2004, 09:24 PM
WHEEE!!!!!!^^ im watching inuyasha as i type this (drools over all the bishies) Lol were so off topic. YEAH SKITTLES!!!!!!!!!! (grabs left over doritos) (sings to ending theme song perfectly) fukai fukai mori no oku ni!!!!! ^^ (dances around still wit her shippou flag)

Kitsune_Youkai
02-21-2004, 09:59 AM
*gasp* Where did you get that flag??!! I sooooo need to find some fabric patterns for my Naraku costume...

Brita_Lee
02-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Yay! Off topic halarity! I can't give costume updates anyway, seeing as I still dun know how to sew. If I did, I'd be working on a March costume for TAC. *sigh* My town has TWO sewing places, and apparently neither of them have the classes I am looking for. :waaaah: Sooo unfair. I just need to know about patterns and how to fix my bobbin. Whee look at me!!! >> :jjacks:
*giggles* It's 12:35 midnight right now where I live. I got off work an hour ago. During work I was soooo tired but the second I got out of that store I became so hyper and was blabbing to my Dad about my day. ^^ Lalala. *glares at Bata* Wait, you took my chips didn't you! *jumps Bata* GAH!

Kags
02-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey guys! I've been a bad kagome! I haven't been checking in on the forum. *cries* sorry guys! anyways, I talked to my friend about joining the group, and she would like to be Kikyo. that is if we don't already have one.

Anyways, I'll try to check in more. Bata you can hit me over the head if I don't check in more often.

Bata
02-22-2004, 08:52 AM
YEAH HITTING PPL OVER THE HEAD WOOT!!!!^^ (sees brita charging her) O_O AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (gets tackles to floor) X__xowie..... well newho i dont think we have a kikyou yet but i may be wrong so yeah.... AND MY SHIPPOU FLAG (glomps it) and no piggy back rides from inuyasha....that cost extra!!....(limps away complaining about all the piggy back rides shes given kagome)

Infini
02-22-2004, 11:56 PM
I've said about three times that I would be the Kikyo, but I guess it's too far back in the thread for people.

Zero_1369
02-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey ya, I think I remeber you...LOL just kidding, I do.

Kitsune_Youkai
02-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Any one know where I can find a Fabric pattern for a robe?

Kakei_Jubei
02-23-2004, 04:41 PM
K_Y, you could always get a piece of small fabric and try to make a minature Naraku cloak/robe! ^^

Oh! has anyone played DDR? Cause IT RULES!!!! ^^ *dances*

neko rinchan
02-23-2004, 06:45 PM

for a robe, if you want a bathrobe pattern or a kimono pattern, the pattern books have them both.

if you want the robe for baboon naraku, i can't really remember how he looks, it looks as if he's wearing a baboon pelt that resembles a cape... therefore, the best you could do is get a hooded cape pattern (simplicity has one, but so does mccalls, butterick, etc). the hood you should be able to fashion into the baboon head, and use light blue pleather (padded out with upholstry foam) to make the face. but, for the cape, sew it so that it doesn't open, kinda like a poncho.

pm me if you need any extra help.

Zero_1369
02-23-2004, 09:23 PM
YES! DDR rulz! so much man...lol
srry though i don't have any advice for the robe...

Brita_Lee
02-24-2004, 09:37 AM
I lurves DDR! I just recently learned some songs on light mode. =^^=

I've been watching Fruits Basket lately!

SAILOR SUIT, SAILOR SUIT, ALIEN RICEBALL IN A SAILOR SUIT!!!

>_<

neko rinchan
02-24-2004, 10:52 AM
okay guys, let's try to keep on topic. that means discussing/helping with inuyasha cosplay at anime north, and nothing else.

Bata
02-24-2004, 05:50 PM
neko rinchans right were way off topic.....(goes back to playing DDR and drinking coke at the same time) ne who for the masq. we sign up together neh? wen do u guys want to meet?

Brita_Lee
02-25-2004, 09:25 AM
I'm kinda nervous about it. I've never done a masquerade before. :eeek: What would I do? If I'm not needed that is way better. I doubt you need a Midoriko in a masq anyway. *whew*

neko rinchan
02-25-2004, 11:10 AM
well... as i already mentioned that i can only do the skit contest on friday night, i will be unable to do the masquerade saturday night... but with a group as big as we have, the 5 min (approx) on friday night for the skit contest is a LOT better than the 90 sec. saturday night for the masquerade contest. besides, would we rather be judged on our skit or costumes?

Kakei_Jubei
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
well... as i already mentioned that i can only do the skit contest on friday night, i will be unable to do the masquerade saturday night... but with a group as big as we have, the 5 min (approx) on friday night for the skit contest is a LOT better than the 90 sec. saturday night for the masquerade contest. besides, would we rather be judged on our skit or costumes?
Well, I am not good with performing on stage stuff... -___- And I can't speak clearly... -_-''' And for the costumes... I didn't even start any of my costumes!!! :waaaah: *pulls hair out* I have to do 3 costumes in 2 months!!! *panics and dies* X_x

Brita_Lee
02-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Lol. Yeah. I am still not thinking about Anime North yet, lucky for me, my Oma is making me a costume for the TAC. ^^ I'm thinking for my Anime North Midoriko costume, I'll make the armour then punch a hole in it so it loos like The Shikon jewel came bursting out of me. ^^ Yay gore!

Kakei_Jubei
02-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Lol. Yeah. I am still not thinking about Anime North yet, lucky for me, my Oma is making me a costume for the TAC. ^^ I'm thinking for my Anime North Midoriko costume, I'll make the armour then punch a hole in it so it loos like The Shikon jewel came bursting out of me. ^^ Yay gore!
Kewl!! ^^ Yay for gore!! ^_^b I never saw Midoroku, but, if she has blood on her armor, maybe you should add fake blood! ^^

Bata
02-27-2004, 10:16 AM
YAY GORE!!!!!!! (dances in blood) ....(pushes coke away from herself) anywho the skit would be a better idea because true we have a big group here and the 5mins would be good, but seeing how most of our group is going on the saturday we dont have that big a choice unless who ever was going on friday does the skit but i dont think that could happen could it? @_@ NOOO we lost Kakei!!!! (tries to glue their hair back on) QUICK GET THE POCKY!!!!!! you kno wat rocks?GRIP! 4th opening to inuyasha!WOOT^^ (jumps around singing grip! accidentaly step several times on brita)

Brita_Lee
02-27-2004, 12:36 PM
*is unimpressed being stepped on* :sulk:

I haven't heard grip...I don't think. ^^' Lalala. Um, I have a minute until Luch is over so-

Zero_1369
02-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Ya or me I got a new avatar, anyway i don't think i've heard it either.

Kakei_Jubei
02-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Ya or me I got a new avatar, anyway i don't think i've heard it either.
Same here... Oh! Zero, did u add me in MSN?... I'm just wondering.. -_-

Bata
02-29-2004, 05:32 PM
(cries cause noones heard the song) its the fourth opening theme song to inuyasha! by do as infinity i believe i love it to death!^^ any ways some ppl are wondering wats available in the group apparently we have all the main characters but if neones looking for a costume like hellebelle's friend here are some spiffy things ....hehe spiffy:

-Rin (i dont belive we have one yet theres always plushies though)
-Kagura
-Kouga
-Ayame
-Kanna
-kohaku
Interesting additions would be:

- water goddess from one episode which i dont remember, and her magical Amakoi Halberd >>>> this is a pic of her :
http://www.furinkan.com/iycompanion/characters/characters/truewatergod.jpg
- inu yasha's mother

Zero_1369
02-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Same here... Oh! Zero, did u add me in MSN?... I'm just wondering.. -_-

Dude! why would I? I don't know you...yet.... :waaaah:

Kakei_Jubei
02-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Dude! why would I? I don't know you...yet.... :waaaah:
ok! -_-''' sorry, it's just that sum1 added me to MSN and his name is zero as well... -____________-'''

Awww.. No one is Kagura or Kouga! T-T I would've cosplayed/crossplayed as any one of them!! T-T They are so cool...

Infini
03-01-2004, 02:35 AM
I'll have my Kagura costume done for AN, but I already said I'd wear my Kikyo. I guess I could wear them both, just to get some pictures. :)

Oh, and earlier in this thread AnimeRei3 mentioned that she was making an Ayame costume for AN'04.

-Infini

Sala
03-01-2004, 04:43 PM
yep - still planning on wearing Ayame.

Bata
03-01-2004, 07:40 PM
wonderful are you part of the group then? if you are then i can scratch off the ayame then. ^^ yeah i just noticed we dont have a kagura or a kouga which made me sad:( but yeah the kagura cotume could be great for pictures oh yeah and has neone seen our kagome lurking around newhere? @_@ i lost her!

Fuyuko
03-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Do you guys still need a Shippou?

Bata
03-02-2004, 04:07 PM
As far as i know yes we do

Fuyuko
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
I can be. What are you guys doing?

Kitsune_Youkai
03-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah! Fuyuko! Yay for Souten and her awsome shippo pic! Grip is okay, i guess, I havn't seen the opening, but I know the song.. i like Fukai Mori better.... The 3rd opening Shigunai no Eta or something is hi~larious!!! I hope to have my naraku costume done for MTAC! I plan to have the demon puppet statue thing (the wood one!) ! Oh, I got an Idea!!! SOMEONE GO AS JUROMARU AND GET A KAGEROMARU PLUSHIE!!!!!! We need a Kanna too 0.o so freaky with the eyes and such. I swear to god, if someone goes as Hiten, Manten or Souten I WILL LOVE THEM!!!!!

Sala
03-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Bata: I plan on attending AN04 as Ayame. What is this group doing - are there any definite plans for a skit, or is this just a photoshoot type deal?

Zero_1369
03-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Ya, I've been wonderin' about that kinda thing myself...

Infini
03-02-2004, 10:50 PM
I think a photoshoot would be a better idea than masquerade or skit, since there is always the chance that someone may not show up. For a photoshoot it wouldn't matter much, but if you plan out a skit and someone doesn't show, it'll cause more of a problem. Besides, some people might not be comfortable with performing a skit or going on stage for the masq., but are okay with photos.

It's really up to everyone else, but I would prefer a photoshoot, since I would like to avoid skits and masquerades.

-Infini

Brita_Lee
03-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Same here, I prefer photoshoot. And we should hang out and cause chaos! ^^ Nyo! Oh yeah! I got a pamphlet in the mail yesterday about anime north. It included a registration form. ^^ I don't know how or why but that's cool. I'm so exited. This'll be the first convention in which I stay the night in a hotel and go for two days. ^^ It'll be so nifty!

I'm still thristy. :drink: I should not have eaten that donut earlier...oh well. So many sprinkles...

Bata
03-03-2004, 07:43 PM
YAY im staying in a hotel too! i cant wait to cause some chaos! ^^ well the photo shoot is a yes and for who ever wants to do our masq./skit can do it they jus need to come forward. if no one wants to thats completely fine photos are great too ^^

Zero_1369
03-04-2004, 05:27 PM
That sounds good to me! I don't really think a skits my kinda thing...and ya, YAY! for hotels...oh yah and chaos....lol

Infini
03-05-2004, 04:42 AM
I think setting up a time for photos on Saturday would be a good day, since it's the day that everyone basically goes for. I'm there all 3 days so it doesn't matter when to me. I don't know what AN's schedule is yet, and I'm sure people will have things they want to see at the con, so hopefully we can get a time that works with everyone's schedule, and doesn't keep anyone from any con stuff.

-Infini

Kakei_Jubei
03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Ya, photoshoot is better, and I just started my Sango costume! yay!! d^-^'''

Sala
03-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Saturday is the best day for me - as I'll be driving up that day from Michigan...

Brita_Lee
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Saturday is A-OK! That'll be the day I arrive there for sure. I will most likely be there Sunday too, but I will be dressed up as....uh...dunno yet. But yeah yay Saturday!

:drink: I'm thirsty!

Kakei_Jubei
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Saturday is A-OK! That'll be the day I arrive there for sure. I will most likely be there Sunday too, but I will be dressed up as....uh...dunno yet. But yeah yay Saturday!

:drink: I'm thirsty!
O_O''' uh oh........... Brita is gunna go on a sugar rage!!! RUN!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!
*notices sprite can on table* oOOoooo... sprite....... :heart: :razz: :heart:

Brita_Lee
03-12-2004, 09:29 AM
:drink: Damn Straight! Hail to the sugar rush!

I've had Evanesence's song "Tourniquet"(sp?) stuck in my head all day.

:jjacks: Whee look at me!

Lil
03-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I don't know if you guys want a double for Sesshomaru or not, but I could bring my Sesshomaru costume if you want it. Yay? Nay?

Edit: Actually I was just informed carrying the huge fluffy thing all the way to Canada would not be the best of ideas. I'll definatly be there to get pic of you guys and gals tho!

hellbelle
03-12-2004, 02:10 PM
(wrong person posted)

Bata
03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
O____o wow i've been away for awhile..... anywho yes to confirm the group will meet on satuday WITH our costumes ^^ for photo shoot ....but hell im just wearing my inu costumes everywhere YAY SUGAR!!!! Brita best way to get the song unstuck it to listen to it.....no wait that doesnt work @_@ i still have that stupid song hold on by good charlotte in my head AGH!!!!!! NOOO!!!! (runs off)

hellbelle
03-14-2004, 11:33 AM
(wrong person posted)

Sala
03-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Okay, this is what I've gleaned so far from this thread (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Bata: Inu Yasha
Neko_Rinchan: Sesshoumaru (?)
Kitsune_Youkai: Naraku (baboon pelt)
Infini: Kikyo (photoshoot), also has Kagura and Inu Yasha costumes Kakei_Jubei: Sango (kimono)
Kags: Kagome
_____: Rin
Brita_Lee: Midoriko
Zero_1369: Miroku
AnimeRei3: Ayame
hellbelle: Yura of the Hair
_____: Jaken
Kag's friend: Kikyo (?)
Fuyuko: Shippo (?)
KarenZ: Kanna
Infini's friend: Sango (taijiya outfit)

A few questions:
If Kag's friend is cosplaying Kikyo, perhaps Infini could wear her Kagura costume for this photoshoot?

Cosplayers still needed:
KOUGA!
Kaede
Kirara (anyone up for a mascot costume?)
Myouga (would take some intense creativity)
Hojo (anyone up for acting really dense?)
Kagura - if Infini decides she's gonna stick with Kikyo
Kohaku
Kagome's friends: Yuka, Eri and Ayumi
Kagome's family: mama, grandpa and Souta

If anyone wants to correct this list for the current Sesshoumaru/Kouga/Jaken dilemma, that'd be cool...:)

hellbelle
03-14-2004, 12:11 PM
(wrong person posted)

Sala
03-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Ahhh! I forgot Kouga! How could Ayame EVER forget Kouga?!?! ;)

Oh, and does anyone have any images I could reference of Shiori? I've seen may face-shots, but no full-body images...I'd love to know what the rest of her outfit looks like...

hellbelle
03-15-2004, 06:12 AM
(wrong person posted)

Sala
03-15-2004, 07:42 AM
lol - kouga added! And I think I have a Kanna for our gathering...she's not as small as the real thing, but 5'2" is as close as I can get! :)

Zero_1369
03-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Good stuf, looks like things are coming together...and with plenty of time left...yay!!!

Fuyuko
03-15-2004, 06:04 PM
I can still be Shippou. I just need to know what is going on. Is it a photoshoot?

Infini
03-16-2004, 07:39 AM
I would LOVE to make a full-demon InuYasha costume, but the full-eye red contacts are WAY too expensive for me. For now. :)

If it's a photoshoot I can be both Kikyo and Kagura, right? (unless there's someone else who's just dying to wear their kikyo costume.) I just have to get changed halfway through or something. They're both easy costumes to cart around, and all I have to worry about is finding somewhere safe to keep my props if I change costumes. Both my Tessaigas are almost done (small and transformed version. I made a mistake with some primer and it started eating through the foam. Bondo it is.

I say 2 p.m. (since no one else is going to set a time. -_-') in the main costume hall (you know, similar to the hotel entrance at AN where most pics were taken?), it's a new location, but there is always a place where all the cosplayers will mainly go for photos. Hopefully there is only one area like this, or else people will get lost (namely me.)

-Infini

Sala
03-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Yeah, we could all set to meet outside of Main Events (there's usually a larger open space there - at least at most other cons). We could always move if the location is too small, but at least it would give us an identifiable place to meet...

Ooohhh...just another thought: Are people going to have other non-Inu-Yasha friends with them, who would be willing to take photos using all our cameras? It's gonna be kinda hard to get photos with my camera if I'm in the picture! ;)

Zero_1369
03-16-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm pretty sure me and Brita will be dragging a Riku(sp?) around so, if thats the case then she could do it....

Brita_Lee
03-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Yay dragging my best friend! ^^'

Horrible News!!! I can't go to the TAC!!!! Because noone will come with me and that sucks the fun out of going and I have no way to get there!!!!!! :waaaah: This is devestating!

Zero_1369
03-18-2004, 07:22 AM
Noooooooooooooo! Poor Brita!!!

KarenZ
03-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Hello. Apparently I will be Kanna at this gathering...

Kakei_Jubei
03-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Hello. Apparently I will be Kanna at this gathering...
Yay! Kanna! ^^ She's so creepy and emotionless... but still kewl! ^0^

P.S. TAC was okidays for me!! ^-^b

Sala
03-21-2004, 03:28 PM
KarenZ: Hello. Apparently I will be Kanna at this gathering...

Wow - two posts. Way to be active, mom! ;) *hugs*

But don't worry -- I know you've never seen IY, but I'll make you the best Kanna costume ever (since I plan on wearing it when you're done!)

Infini
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM
We may have a demon slayer Sango as well, depending on whether my friend is still in the country or not, and whether she comes to the convention or not. :)

So I guess everyone is fine with the plans to meet at 2 p.m. on Saturday outside of Main Events? If not, please post.

Songstress_Yuna
03-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Is everyone, everyone gonna be there? Or am I not welcomed =( lol

Sala
03-21-2004, 09:03 PM
check Post #155 (the complete cast listing - to date). If you want to cosplay a character not on the list, PLEASE do!!!!!! And of course we welcome you!*hug*

Infini
03-22-2004, 04:23 AM
I don't think this has been mentioned, but what about people who would like to take pictures with the group, but have a costume that someone is already 'signed up' for? It would be a little silly of us to say "no, I'M this character, so no one else can be her/him."

All Inuyasha costumes should be welcome, right? I don't think having more than one person wear the same outfit is a problem.

-Infini

Kitsune_Youkai
03-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Yes Everyone is welcome!

Well, anyone who was at TAC on Saturday probably saw me in my Naraku pelt! There was a pretty good Inu Yasha group there aswell, we had Me(Naraku, duh!), Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyou, Sango, Miroku and Sesshomaru! There where Kirara dolls for sale in the dealers room,and K_J picked up one for her Sango costume, so I guess we have a Kirara, and I got a mini Naraku plushie, I'm taking him with me as my latest detachment! YAY!!

Anywho, for AN04, I'll have my hood down, and wear and Naraku wig, have that eyeshadow thing on! YaY! It'll be B-tchin'!

Bata
03-22-2004, 06:52 PM
HEY WAT ABOUT MY LIST T_T (feels so run out) any who Brita ill go with yah to TAC ^^ poor brita (pats on head) anywho ALL are welcome of course and 2 seems fine with me unless somthing comes up.

Kakei_Jubei
03-22-2004, 09:43 PM
HEY WAT ABOUT MY LIST T_T (feels so run out) any who Brita ill go with yah to TAC ^^ poor brita (pats on head) anywho ALL are welcome of course and 2 seems fine with me unless somthing comes up.
lol! Well, just a tiny question... since I am bringing 3 costumes, and I know that there are some ppl with more than that, should I bring all my costumes for each day? :untrust: Or just bring one each day? :lost:

Redjack
03-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Aww, looks like I missed out on being Inu for this. I went as him for Toronto Animecon 2004.

I was kind of caught off-guard (http://cosplay.out-break.net/fullsize/mtac13.jpg)
Kikyou and me (http://cosplay.out-break.net/fullsize/mtac81.jpg)

Infini
03-23-2004, 05:45 PM
I went as Inuyasha for TAC as well, but I was only there for half an hour after the dealer's room closed on Saturday at 6pm. I only got a picture of my sword, but I can't get my camera to work with my computer.... -_-'

-Infini

edit: I got my camera working (somewhat, the pictures are not good quality for some reason...) so here's a picture of my small tessaiga next to my yuna staff. I'm still working on the large version.

hellbelle
03-24-2004, 06:43 AM
(wrong person posted)

Redjack
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
I'll try to get one of my buddies to go as Kouga. He was thinking of coming as Miroku, but hasn't started on the costume yet. I don't know if he'll be too keen on wearing something so.... erm... skimpy.

I also found the group shot from TAC2004! Everyone did a great job, but I've gotta say that the Sesshoumaru was incredible.
Inuyasha cast group shot (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=118873&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=2)

hellbelle
03-24-2004, 08:46 PM
(wrong person posted)

Brita_Lee
03-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Heh heh. Koga. That will make for some interesting photos.

Speaking of which, I think it would be really neat if we took pictures in the style of different episodes, or that type of thing. :drink: I really need a coke.

Brita_Lee
03-25-2004, 10:20 AM
What I mean is, take pics of how the characters would react if they saw each other at this con...sorta thing..^^'

hellbelle
03-25-2004, 10:49 AM
(wrong person posted)

Infini
03-25-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm bringing a shikon jewel on a necklace, if that's going to help at all. It's pretty cheap, but it looks nice from far away! And arrows. I'm going to have some pretty arrows and a bow, if any Kagomes/Kikyos would like to pose with them.

-Infini

Kakei_Jubei
03-25-2004, 02:52 PM
kewlies! ^-^ Oh, Redjack, I SAW YOU!! ^^''' I saw you at MAC TAC... Kitsune_youkai was Naraku, so ya... and I was Blinfolded Unknown Riku. But yay!
I was planning on doing Kouga, but ppl said that I should've been Sago, so I'm doing her...

neko rinchan
03-25-2004, 06:43 PM
heya! okay, although i said i was going to dress as sesshoumaru and bring a rin and a jaken, would the rest of the group rather I dress in my kouga costume and have my 6'2 friend dress in my sesshoumaru costume instead? the only problems are he wouldn't be able to dress as jaken for the group photo and he's more than likely going to end up wearing my zechs wig...

yes or no, give me your opinions!

Brita_Lee
03-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Whee! People luuurves my idea! *sniff* I'm so happy!

Yeah, you should go as Kouga and your friend as Sesshomaru (it makes more scense that way).

I printed off some Midoriko pics to aide in my costume making, but I could sure use some better ones if anyone can find some. I need clear possibly large pics of her full front and maybe back. I only have partial front and side shots, and a really really small full front one(which means I can't see the details at all).

:drink: I went grocery shopping with my daddy and we got coke, YAY!

Zero_1369
03-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Yay! I'm back!! So....after reading the posts I think it'd be great to get a kouga in the group...great idea!

Kitsune_Youkai
03-26-2004, 02:19 PM
For anyone who could make out Redjack's picture, I was the Naraku there!!!!!! I'm so happy, I just got the first to Inu Yasha manga's!!!! They read normally though..(damn americains)....

Yeah, for the photoshoot, Brita's idea was GREAT! we could do shots like: everyone against me (except Kanna, I guess)! (Redjack/K_J, I got the idea from that crazy lady who kept trying to wring my neck! LOL!!!)

hellbelle
03-27-2004, 06:38 AM
(wrong person posted)

Redjack
03-27-2004, 07:00 PM
So what's the current character roster, I can't seem to find the old one?

Edit: Blah, it's on the one page I didn't check.

For anyone who could make out Redjack's picture, I was the Naraku there!!!!!! I'm so happy, I just got the first to Inu Yasha manga's!!!! They read normally though..(damn americains)....

Yeah, for the photoshoot, Brita's idea was GREAT! we could do shots like: everyone against me (except Kanna, I guess)! (Redjack/K_J, I got the idea from that crazy lady who kept trying to wring my neck! LOL!!!)

Damn you Naraku! Damn you and your mini-Naraku!

Yup, Brita's idea is perfect. I'll need to make sure my friends get a shot of me angrily shaking my fist at you. (inside joke...)

Brita_Lee
03-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Yay! Total complement heaven! *head goes big with ego and floats away*

I dunno if Zero would be Kouga, I think he'd faint at the idea. *laughs hystericly* poor Zero, besides he's our Miroku.

Bata
03-29-2004, 05:03 PM
brita i luv ur idea ^^ (thinks about having to carry her on her back for a pic and try to keep balance on the back of a back)....O___o dam.... ^^ Im so happy though my cosplay is complete .... cept for the wig and sword never got around to getting those yet oh well HEY did u ppl here about the lil girl cecelia i think it was poor kid :( the freaky part is where they found her isnt far off to where i am O____o (gets paranoid and uses brita as a shield)

Redjack
03-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Speaking of wigs, I have NO IDEA where to find a plain long white wig. Aside from a few tweaks, it's all I need to add to my costume.

They can't be that rare, I see Inuyasha cosplayers with them all the time. I'm just at a loss as to where I can get one.

hellbelle
03-29-2004, 07:36 PM
(wrong person posted)

Kaijugal
03-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Yes, I heard about it on CBC Radio.

It was also posted in THIS THREAD (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=32464) which was closed by the mod, reasonably, with the explaination as to why.

I know we have a great groups of people here and that we'll respect the mods wishes regardless of our personal feelings on the subject.

~Kai

Infini
03-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Speaking of wigs, I have NO IDEA where to find a plain long white wig. Aside from a few tweaks, it's all I need to add to my costume.

They can't be that rare, I see Inuyasha cosplayers with them all the time. I'm just at a loss as to where I can get one.

I got mine at Mavis Theatrical supplies in Waterloo, if you can't find a wig store in your area.

The best wig to get (I hope to have one someday) would be one of the Petting Zoo wigs, since it is custom made, but I don't exactly have $300 US at the moment. o_O'

-Infini

Brita_Lee
03-30-2004, 12:34 PM
No Brita-shield! *wimpers*

:crest: <(Zero made me put that there, *thwacks him*)

I still have not started my costume. This'll be a toughy. >.<' Anyone find more pics? If no then that's cool, just wondering.

:drink: I am thirsty!

ForgottenMekrd
03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Halluh. I haven't posted for a while, but I'm the Random Rikku that'll be following you around....either that or I'll be the Random Rikku being dragged by a Midoriko and a Miroku. o.O Take your pick! :bigtu:

Anyway, since I was Volen-told to take the photos for the shoot, I'd be more than happy too, but only is you remove that stick from my back, okay? o.O Its sharp and pointy and it hurts. :razz:

By the way, you can take my name off as being Shippo...I don't even know how or where to start to make a costume, nevermind a doll. I'm having a hard time as it is getting my Rikku costume down. ^^

Anyhoo! Thats all I have to say. ^^

Kate
03-30-2004, 07:35 PM
guesse wat ive added myoga to the chain here hehe! ^_^ *finds an empty bottle of coke lying around and picks it up*

Kate
03-30-2004, 07:48 PM
*uhm....... did somebody drop this it looks pretty beat up,but ill call it:PRESIOUS!MUHAHAHAHAHAHA ILL TURN IT INTO THE EVIL MUNTANT COKE BOTTLE IT WAS BORN TO BEEE!!!!!!!!MUAHAHAHA!OoOo popcorn!* but im really short four foot 9 and five fett on shoes Whoot!but so any Inuyashas that are taller than me ill make a good mygoa,ill sit stay and evry thing ill evn play dead if someone squashes me!hehe ill be a obetinat flea!

Sala
03-31-2004, 03:58 PM
Bata
Could you edit your very first post on this thread (the one that started it) and include the current character list? That way people wouldn't have to constantly search for it...*just a thought*
someone else...
And if someone else wants to make a more up-to-date character casting, that'd be cool...especially since I haven't had much time to hang around cosplay.com lately, therefore haven't kept up with the happenings in this forum

THANKS! :razz:

Brita_Lee
04-01-2004, 09:43 AM
No! The coke bottle must only be used for good! Beware the dark forces!

Brita_Lee
04-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh yeah, um question; What's the deal with the lumberjack thing? And why is the Anime North folder now the Cartoon North? What is going on?

Bata
04-01-2004, 10:24 AM
What the bloody hell is going on O___o!!!! I come back to look at the forum today and it says cartoon north im lost here whats with the lumberjack stuff? (looks completely lost) .....(sees coke bottle) HEY BOB ^^ (takes it and snuggles it) Anyways will do on the first post thing and the myoga would be great id like to see u play dead (laughs)

Bata
04-01-2004, 10:32 AM
ANYWHO my first post was.....

Inu-yasha group needed for AN04!

I'm looking for any character from inu-yasha for a group at Cartoon north 2004 if anyone is able and willing to, please let me know.

And so far we have all our main characters ill post a list of all our cosplayers and who they are cosplaying as soon as i sort that out and then sort a list for any last minute costumes anyone wants to make ^^

Im still lost with all the changes O___o i dont like this whole changeing AN to cartoon north no offense but it doesnt sound right! ><

neko rinchan
04-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Im still lost with all the changes O___o i dont like this whole changeing AN to cartoon north no offense but it doesnt sound right! ><[/QUOTE]

I thinks it's just some lame April Fools Day joke. Especially when the forums were all temporarily down yesterday for "fixing". Hopefully, by tomorrow everything should be back to the way it should be.

Infini
04-01-2004, 11:37 PM
It was just a joke for April Fool's Day. The word anime was changed to cartoon, cosplay to lumberjack...etc. I don't think it was lame though, since I've never seen a better april joke. :D

-Infini

Bata
04-02-2004, 03:36 PM
T_T not funny (get up off floor where she was having a heart attack) but i guess is was funny (cough lame cough) but yeah ill get back to those cosplay listings now byebye ^^ (runs off with britas coke again)

B-chan
04-04-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm going as Sango since my Shippo costume got ruined by my dogs (guess i should not have used real cat fur for Shippo's tail) i know i am going on Sat and Sun , just not sure about Friday

Brita_Lee
04-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Will my coke never be safe? *decides she will carry a sign around AN'04 that says "Coalition against beverage stealers"* *glares at Bata*

OMG I brought a coke in the library and left it at the front (cuz no drinks allowed in the library) like I normally do and guess what? IT GETS STOLEN! I had half a bottle left! It was so wierd and majorly disapointing!

:drink: A memorial will be held in it's honor. :waaaah:

Zero_1369
04-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Could it be....2 SANGO's!....YAY! Srry guyz, i haven't checked in for a while...bad miroku! Anyway, looks like im only going to be there on Saturday so ya...dam...oh well bright side is, cheaper admission so more money for vendors!!! YAY!

Infini
04-07-2004, 07:47 AM
It's becoming unlikely that I'll be able to afford my Kagura costume before AN, since I had to fix my car with the money instead, and the fabric I was going to get is $22/m. If I need eight meters, then it starts to get a little expensive. o_O'

So I will only have my Kikyo and Inuyasha costumes. I will probably make Kagura for CNanime instead. Yay for emission tests and 17-year-old cars. :(

-Infini

Are people alright with 2 pm on Saturday? No one has really responded otherwise.

Brita_Lee
04-07-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm all for 2pm, I just need to know what you mean by "Main Events". There are events goin on everywhere this year. That plus I have a really bad scense of direction. Hopefully Merkd and Zero are better at this than I am. Yay friends.

Infini
04-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Well, I'm not sure how to describe it, really. Usually it was right at the entrance (lobby?) of the hotel, since it was one of the largest spaces. Outside registration seemed to be a popular place, but most of the people were in the lobby. I'm not entirely sure what the setup of the convention at the congress center will be. Wherever the largest gathering of cosplayers is. It's been easy to find at past cons, so this one should hopefully be no different.

-Infini

Zero_1369
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM
with any luck anyway, but, i have heard about the new spread that britta's talking about...i hope we find each other...

Bata
04-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Apperantly anyone whos volunteering will know there a bit more about where things are and the lay out because there is a meeting on April 27. Im probably going to go and check it out if i learn anything I'll let everyone know.

Zero_1369
04-08-2004, 09:29 PM
that sounds good...

Kitsune_Youkai
04-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Ya, sounds good...

I dunno if I'll be able to get the wig for my Naraku costume. Just making the robe has left me pretty short on cash. I might borrow some from my dad (he's right behind me, so I can't let him see that). But we'll see how things turn out, we've only got like 6-7 weeks left! OMG!!!!!!! 6-7! Must make more money for vendors!!

Me and mini-me (my naraKU plushie) will try and make some!

Sala
04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
For those who were wondering....Main Events is usually the largest room in the convention center and holds....ta da! - the Main Events of the day! *heh* It's usually labelled as such, so there shouldn't be a problem finding it...

Kakei_Jubei
04-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Omg... I'm alive!! and... there are gunna be two Sango's?!? if there is... which one are u doing? Traveler or battle? cause me doin traveler... ^-^ Anywhoo, I'm still alive!

Zero_1369
04-13-2004, 09:25 PM
For those who were wondering....Main Events is usually the largest room in the convention center and holds....ta da! - the Main Events of the day! *heh* It's usually labelled as such, so there shouldn't be a problem finding it...

I know I shouldn't speak for everyone, but I for one understood this...the problem was/is that the events this year are apparently going to be spread about...just thought i get my 2 cents in is all. :bigtu:

Sala
04-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Ahhhh! I hope I get my costumes finished on time for this! *sigh* I'll only have 2 weeks to do about 90% of the work on 2 costumes for this group...

Brita_Lee
04-16-2004, 09:45 AM
I got the material I need for the clothing part! And my friends Anna said she can make it for me!! Yay! Now I just need to ask one of the Drama teachers at the school for advice on how to make armour. Yay Mrs. Rosindaal! (I think I spelled it wrong, oh well she'll never know) :rockon: All's well on this end people! Myo!

Ever since yesterday for some reason I have been saying myo and nyo to people. Yesterday my dad knocked on my door to come in to say goodnight and I said "Myo?" in reply to the knocking instead of "Yes?". I didn't even mean to. I think I am becoming a cat. OH!! I am sooo hungry, after I finish I am going to Sobey's to get some food and cash back. Yay second period spare!

Kitsune_Youkai
04-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Yo YO! Damn YTV and their Re-running ways, not like I havn't already seen the next 45 or so episodes from where they left off...

Anywho, does anyone actually know where I can buy pleather, I want to remake my mask.

Bata
04-17-2004, 07:41 PM
wow i havent been here in a while, i guess it might have something to do with me getting stuck in a mail box but oh well ^^ now for my list of cosplayers!!!!!!!

kitsune_youkai - naraku (baboon cloak)
meg - kagome
kakei_jubei - sango (traveler)
hafling_rouge - rin
neko_rinchan - kouga (and an apperant 6'1 jaken but not sure wats going on exactly at the moment @_@)
brita - midoriko (creator of the shikon no tama)
animerei3 - ayame
zero - miroku
forgotten mekrd - shippou (i think)
infini - kikyou and inuyasha(as of now)
hellebelle - yura of the hair
fuyuku - shippou
karenZ - kanna
Bata - Inuyasha
b-chan - sango

if ive missed anyone plex let me kno and i kno i have something messed up here so let me kno ^^'''

Ppl we still need are:

kagura
kaede
myouga(we might have one if so tell me)
kohaku

(srry if my typings horrible but im in a bit of a hurry ^^'''' srry i was so busy i forgot to put up the list my bad)

Bata
04-17-2004, 07:43 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO INUYASHA WIG YET (freaks out) I CANT FIND ONE WHERE AM I GOING WHO AM I (breaks down in corner with pocky) TT

Kitsune_Youkai
04-18-2004, 02:41 PM
K_J has her own Kirara plushie for the con! I really, need to know where I can buy pleather, I'm gonna try Fabricland next weekend, but I want to be sure..

Infini
04-18-2004, 08:16 PM
The best selection I've seen of pleather is in fabricland, since bouclair is more for quilting and home decor. Not sure about the fabricland where you live, but in cambridge our fabricland has a pretty decent variety, and sometimes pleather shows up in the clearance room.

I'm still waiting for my Kikyo wig to come in at Mavis. Maybe I should go check up on it and see if they've even ordered it yet, since it was supposed to be here for March TAC and there's still no sign of it.

Finally I'm getting some progress on my tessaiga. I got the handle in and wrapped it, and glued the part I broke back on. :blubber:

Now all I've got to do is fiberglass, bondo, and painting.

-Infini

Brita_Lee
04-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Wai! Whee! I just gave my friend Anna the material, elastic, and she took my measurements. ^^ Hooray! Now I just need to track down that elusive drama teacher. She was supposed to meet me on Friday but I guess I missed her. Busy busy teacher lady. I wanted to ask my mom's friend Linda, but Linda's husband Ray's dad just dies so they are most likely in no shape to help me (as strong a women as Linda is). So Rosendaal Hunt 2004 shall comence (as I may have mentioned, Rosendaal is the Drama teacher I am looking for). Drama teachers are elusive people, as most teachers are if you don't have a class with them. If I give up, I can just go to the TSC in town and find this so called "molding foam" I have heard about. How to mold it is beyond me. *sigh* I'm in way over my head on this one. :eeek:

Infini
04-19-2004, 11:27 AM
I broke down and bought the display wig at Mavis (for my Kikyo), since my ordered one isn't showing up. It's a little tangly, but nothing unfixable. Now I just have to find a way to make the white tie to....look the way it's supposed to without the wig tangling horribly.

I wanted to get the Kirara plushie too, but every time I go to the store to buy it, they tell me they're sold out. :untrust:

-Infini

Squall1882
04-19-2004, 11:47 AM
There are many stores on Queen Street.. just west of Spadina that sell pleather.. usually the prices are much cheaper than those at fabricland.

hellbelle
04-19-2004, 03:49 PM
(wrong person posted)

Kitsune_Youkai
04-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Cool, I'll try there when I've got the time... But I don't know if it's strong enough to holdup the snout, so I might just make a small/stronger one out of Plaster again (in a better shade of blue...(just over 10$)....leaving enough money for Final Fantasy Chronicles...YAY CHRONO TRIGGER!!

neko rinchan
04-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Kitsune Youkai, why don't you try using a "half face mask" (from forehead to nose) and then create the general shape (snout, forehead, etc) with crumples up newspaper and then "finish it" using three or four layers of plaster strips and remember to add string in between layers so the mask can be tied on. when dry (give a couple of days) then hot glue gun a layer of blue material to the mask so you're able to sew the mask to the fur, and hide the string to keep the mask on (keeping it on with just hot glue and fabric may cause the fabric to be pulled off because of excess weight, so the string sto tie the mask on are vital...)

and hellbelle, i already said that i'll be dressing as kouga on the saturday... even though i'm a girl, it's better than nothing, ne?

Infini
04-20-2004, 03:45 AM
My friend isn't going to Japan until after AN, so she is definitely going to wear her Sango (Taijiya) to the photoshoot. Now I have to make another sword and a hiraikotsu on top of finishing my tessaiga. I hope I like working with fiberglass. o_O

-Infini

hellbelle
04-20-2004, 12:48 PM
(wrong person posted)

Brita_Lee
04-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Waaah! I am REALLY sick today. But crazy me, I always come to school when I'm sick. I bet I'd go even on my deathbed, and I don't even have good grades to maintain. But also I have alot to do today, I can't let my Niagara Falls of a nose get in my way (it's not actually THAT runny, mostly it's stuffed up). I wanted to eat something warm today, so I had some oriental noodles, yummy, but smelly. Now my breath smells of it. Not cool when you're sick.

I bet you are wondering, "This doesn't sound con related". Well you're right, but noone has posted in a while so I thought I'd clean the cobwebs here. I think I'll go to the cafeteria to get juice or something.

Sala
04-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Ah...less than a month! Must_finish_costumes_soon...! AHHHH!

Infini
04-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Heheh, mine are all finished. :P

Although I still have to cut my hair and get boots for my ChiChi costume, all my Inuyasha costumes are done. I only need to finish props.

Brita_Lee
04-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Oh man! I am really slacking off! I need to get my rear into gear and find a way to make my armour! Less than a month!!! AAHHHH! :waaaah:

My dad must have passed his procrastination genes into me, cause he is the king of it. (it took him three years just to tell me he couldn't make a room in the basement for me...mind you most of that time he spend making one wall).

P.S. ...who uses this icon anyway? ---> :crest:

Fuyuko
04-27-2004, 10:16 AM
I haven't been here in a while. I can't believe Anime North is just in a few weeks ^-^. I'm almost done my shippou Costume. I finally figured out how to put the tail on ^-^(go me). So how's everyone else doing?

Brita_Lee
04-27-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm doing okay. I went out yesterday and bought some accessories for the arour such as the blue thing on her belt and those yellow talismons(sp) and some red decorative cord to tie it all up. But does anybody have any ideas as to how to construct her armour? It's boggling my mind. The panels are one thing but what about the main body? Anyone know of any material that can bend so it goes around the torsoe but still looks like it should? I tried asking my parents but I don't think they understand the true "art" that is cosplay (they suggested I use CARDBOARD!!!!).

I feel so alone in the world. *cries in a pitiful corner of greif*

Infini
04-28-2004, 01:31 PM
Craft foamies=Armor. They're wonderful and cheap. XD

Here's Amethyst Angel's guide on making armor from that stuff.
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

I'm actually thinking of buying some proper red hakama for my Kikyo costume before the con. I made a pair of pants that have the same seams as the anime version, but real hakama would be better looking. Also, my wig does not stay on my head. It falls off. I have to do something about it.

-Infini

Kags
04-28-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm slowly making progress on getting my wig and I will be sewing my skirt tomorrow (hopefully). I will update on my progress as I go along. I haven't posted in awhile because my computer keeps getting viruses. Right now I'm at my friend's house. I will be sewing here tomorrow because my sewing machine is also broken. Wow, I just realized that a lot of my stuff is broken. Kinda scary. My parents said they would get my sewing machine fixed before AN - well AN is in less than a month and it's a really old sewing machine so I don't think they make the parts for it anymore so it would probably be cheaper to buy a new sewing machine than to fix this one.

Bata
04-28-2004, 07:05 PM
My cosplay is killing me :waaaah: I have my kimono thingy done and all but i still dont have a wig!!!! (freaks out) I hope i can find one or Im gonna have to run around as a human inuyasha!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! must have ears!!!! (runs off crying about having no inu ears)

And i use the :crest: icon ..... actually no i dont but .... :crest: hehe ^^ its cool ^^ .... :crest: :crest: O___o AHHHHH THE BUTTONS OUTTA CONTROL ITS THE ATTCK OF THE TOOTH BRUSHING SMILIES!!!!!!!
smilie : WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!

Brita_Lee
04-29-2004, 09:38 AM
It looks like I will be able to make it Friday as well! WHOO HOO! I have an uber master plan. :rockon:

On a side note....I HATE OUR COUNCELLING OFFICE!!!! They said that some of the hours on my community hours sheet DON'T COUNT because they were done at a resteraunt!!! GRR! I am so fed up! I thought I was done my hours! My parents said if there are anyproblems to let them talk to councelling, so that's what I'll have ta do. My friend Anna saw I was upset and cut out some angry cartoon vegetables from a magazine for me to make me feel better. How thoughtful. Yay Anna-hair! <--(nickname I have for her) They seemed to amuse her more than they did me, but that's because I was a little more upset than she was, and angry cartoon vegetables are more her thing. :woah:

*few* There's my rant for today. I am so stressed. That sucks cause I'm never normaly stressed! I'm always freeloading and carefree but I have so much to do now it's killing me!!! *sigh* I'm so tired. I'm glad this is my last year of school. :sulk:

neko rinchan
04-30-2004, 05:31 PM
well, tomorrow i will be starting my kouga cosplay... and because of the simplicity of it, i should be done by monday! yay! then it's five of diamonds, zechs and possibly a sailor v... urg... i still need to buy notions, and i just went to the fabric store today... wahhh...

Sala
05-01-2004, 08:55 PM
neko rinchan: you're making a Miyuki-chan costume? How fun - I still haven't decided on whether or not I'll be bringing the Red Chess Queen to AN...she still need some work!

And I haven't started sewing Ayame or Kanna yet. Kanna should only take a day or so -- it's Ayame's top that has me a little worried...but it'll be done in time, never fear!