PDA

View Full Version : Fanime04 plans

YuffieK
01-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Hello!! I just wanted to know what everyone is gonna do at Fanime2004. This is gonna be my first convention, and I'm not to sure what to do (besides taking pictures ^^;) What I'm gonna go as is listed in my sig. Thanks for your help!!

-The Otaku In Need :bigtu:

Eveil
01-18-2004, 07:20 PM
here's some over here ^^ http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=25613

YuffieK
01-18-2004, 09:43 PM
^_^;;; I meant like what are you going to do? Karaoke? Masqerade? Panels? I'm not sure what to do there. ~_~;;

Eveil
01-18-2004, 09:51 PM
^_^;;; I meant like what are you going to do? Karekokee? Masqerade? Panels? I'm not sure what to do there. ~_~;;

you mean Karaoke? o.o

well, it's a con that's like 3-4(?) days long, so..do everything! XD

YuffieK
01-19-2004, 12:28 AM
oh oops! ^^;;; okay!
If i stay for all 4 days, then i will try to do it all! ^.^

Pikacello
01-19-2004, 03:12 AM
Yes! A con is a great experience, I'm sure that you'll want to (and eventually get to) do everything! Some real things to see:

1. Dealer's room (A sea of merchandise!)
2. Guests of Honor panels (we gotta give them our respect and admiration!)
3. Masquerade (You can't miss this!)
4. Anime Music Video contest (Fan-based fun, lots of talent there)
5. Karaoke (if you like to sing in public places)

Other things you can find along the way, like gaming, hall cosplay, anime screenings... most importantly, though, hanging out with your friends! That is the best!
I hope your first Fanime experience is great!

Shinsengumi
01-19-2004, 06:51 PM
This is going to be my 2nd time going to the convention, last years convention was great and I had fun there, I took some pictures too and I met some people there too. you can do whatever you want, you can sing karaoke or play video games or you watch movies there they have a list of what anime they may be showing and the time it starts. And if your going to the convention for the first time trust me you'll love it and you want to go again for next year. This time I'm going to be wear a costume, last time I didn't so this time I'm am.

Aoshi Shinomori
01-21-2004, 02:50 AM
This will be my 4th Fanime and it will be different for me cuz it will be at a different location. I'll probably be roaming around cosplaying meeting new/old friends and hang out. and have a drink at the bar if they have any.. go to the masquerade, dealers room, karaoke and video rooms. there is a lot to do with all those days we have this year.

Shinsengumi
01-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Aoshi what are you going to be for this years Famine 2004?

YuffieK
01-21-2004, 11:13 PM
yay!!!! ^.^ Then i think i will have lots and lots of fun!!! ^.^

Aoshi Shinomori
01-23-2004, 01:58 PM
hmm well ill probably bring Aoshii wheter the trenchcoat or butt bow

Inu Yasha
Sesshoumaru
Shuya ( Battle Royale)

havent been working on cosplay lately ffxi has stole my free time

Maikaerin
02-02-2004, 03:19 PM
shuya! <3 the pot lid!

anyways, yay for fanime!

Aoshi Shinomori
02-04-2004, 02:59 PM
lol no sorry no pot lid. im going as shuya from the book

meheeners
02-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm going as Kagome, but I'm gonna look too young because I'm 12... Or maybe I should change my costume and go as Sango, or maybe even Miyu? What do you think I should be/ What don't you see that much? This is my first con, too.

Shinsengumi
02-06-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm going as Kagome, but I'm gonna look too young because I'm 12... Or maybe I should change my costume and go as Sango, or maybe even Miyu? What do you think I should be/ What don't you see that much? This is my first con, too.

Just be want you want to be, Kagome or Sango

Maikaerin
02-06-2004, 03:10 AM
lol no sorry no pot lid. im going as shuya from the book

sadness. *sigh* Oh well. A shuya is a shuya. ^^

Aoshi Shinomori
02-07-2004, 01:29 PM
hmm maybe i can go into the kitchen in the hotel and steal a potlid

Maikaerin
02-07-2004, 06:14 PM
hmm maybe i can go into the kitchen in the hotel and steal a potlid

O_O Would you!? *cough* Erm, i mean that would be the greatest thing in the world and would bring me much joy. (No pressure though) ^^

MargueriteChain
02-26-2004, 09:50 PM
I'm going to be spending Fanime working as staff. Ironically, I got to see more of the con last year from inside ConOps than I have got to see many cons while not working them! Hopefully I'll be wearing two of my old costumes as well as two new ones.

KimikoChan
02-27-2004, 01:51 AM
I work in the dealer's room for Fanime and like MargueriteChain, I tend to see more from the insides than as a regular spectator. However, I will be doing more this year than previous years. Masquerade, Karaoke.. sleep? haha quite doubtful. I got zero sleep last time, and I expect the same this time ;) I hope to meet even more friendly faces though :)

Cat Scratch
02-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Since the grand geek (not an insult) in charge of schedualing Fanime, in his/her infinate wisdom desided it would be a superb idea to compeat with BayCon I am a little torn... well miffed is more apropriet. If I was torn I wouldn't know what I was going to do.
Given the choice between an exceadingly well orginised convention with a broad range of interests and a not-so-well organised con with only one vein of interests I'll pick the first choice any day. So I have decided to go to BayCon. I will be walking the halls of Fanime for at least part of one day as The Baroness from G.I. Joe but I feel that BayCon is a hell of a lot more fun and there's much more of a night life than at Fanime. So sadly, I will only attend one con compleatly that weekend. :lost:

Tevina
02-27-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm gonna be going as Tifa and Kurenai! I am soo excited since this is gonna be my first convention. I can't stop thinking about Fanime!!! So close yet so far away huh?? :dance:

Hedy
02-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Im going to Fanime as Sango in her Kimono, and! Rinoa in her ballroom dress AND! Summoner Yuna..whooo-hooo Fanime is ganna rock this year XDDD

Hayashi
03-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I'll be cosplaying as Roger Smith from Big O (to compliment my girlfriend's great Dorothy)... manga Shinomori Aoshi from RK like last year... and as a visual kei guitarist. Probably see me wondering around playing my guitar on my small portable amp. Requests anyone?

Mmm... makeup...

Richii
03-18-2004, 02:27 AM
hum my first fanime was a lot of fun! (it was last year) One of my favorite parts was just vegging out in the AMVs. My best friend and I had a lot of fun in there for the how ever many countless hours that went on. You should at least pop in and watch some of those! The Masq is always a fun thing to go to and late night video rooms. But like someone else said its a 3 day con! You should have a chance to check out everything.

~*kawaii neko*~
04-04-2004, 01:20 PM
just be what you want. im thirteen (will be fourteen when fanime comes around) see were both kinda young. Hey and mai first costume was kagome's too.. hehe *right on* well if you come on the saturday, hope I'll run into you then. hooray for young cosplayers *HOORAY* =P I havnt made up my mind buh i think im going to b in either a sakura from naruto costume, selphie ffVIII, rikku ffX, mint threads of fate, it depends on what i get finished and how it looks. ^__^

Kurthy133
04-05-2004, 05:56 AM
oh my. this is my first west coast con! i'll be traveling from MA. craziness....
i don't recognize usernames around here quite like i do with other threads x___x;;

I'll be bringing:
~ my 3 Belldandy costumes
~ my Miwako from ParaKiss
~AND (if i finish) Jeanne from Shaman King
<3

ChibiHiku
04-06-2004, 03:05 AM
Uhhh let's see. Cosplay too many characters ^^() Doing Masquerade. Doing Karaoke for the first time. Going to gatherings. Chilling with friends. Making new friends. Raiding the dealer's room. Getting less to no sleep... and perhaps going to AMV contest if I can fit it in!

^_^ Yup... the usual! Haha!

Kurthy133: I see that you're doing Shaman King cosplay?! Would you be interested in helping me set up a SK gathering on Friday? ^_^ I'm gonna be cosplaying Tao Ren ((Red battle Version)) and a bunch of my friends are gonna be cosplaying various other characters! Would Friday work for you sometime around the evening? Cuz we'd love to see more Shaman King cosplayers!!!

Kurthy133
04-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Kurthy133: I see that you're doing Shaman King cosplay?! Would you be interested in helping me set up a SK gathering on Friday? ^_^ I'm gonna be cosplaying Tao Ren ((Red battle Version)) and a bunch of my friends are gonna be cosplaying various other characters! Would Friday work for you sometime around the evening? Cuz we'd love to see more Shaman King cosplayers!!!

That would be wonderful! *happy* I was hoping to have Jeanne on Saturday - since she would be my newest costume- but if Friday is better, then we can do that!

Can't wait to meet you! ^^

ChibiHiku
04-06-2004, 03:08 PM
^_^ Awesome!

@_@ Yaaah... Saturday would just be the death of me. Saturday is busy-busy. I'm really hoping that the rest of my group can cosplay SK on Friday. Though a few of them have to get back to me on that. They should be informing me about it within the week. ^^ So I will keep you posted! But most likely, it looks like SK gatheringn will be on Friday!