PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Marquis Deluxe Room Size

makeshiftwings
03-27-2012, 11:00 PM
I figure it's better to post this here than in the cosplay section...
For those of you who have stayed in a "deluxe" room before, how big is it? How many people have you comfortably fit in one before? I was only able to get a deluxe room and the number of beds isn't even guaranteed. It's kind of hard to decide how many people you can have in your room without these details.
Thanks in advance.

Gunslinger1888
03-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I have yet to stay in the Marriott, but this link may help a little.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/atlmq-atlanta-marriott-marquis/

ne0ven0m
03-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Not sure if it was a "deluxe" room or if all of them are considered that way, but I saw the inside of a double bed room just a few weekend ago. You can definitely fit 4 in there comfortably, but it did seem a bit smaller than the Hilton's equivalent of a double bed room (which has been my preferred host hotel for a few years now).

makeshiftwings
03-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I have yet to stay in the Marriott, but this link may help a little.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-rooms/atlmq-atlanta-marriott-marquis/

I looked at that site yesterday but none of the rooms there say "deluxe." I feel like maybe they're just throwing the world "deluxe" around to make it feel fancier than it really is, and that they're the normal rooms that they offer every day. I don't know why they have to do that it makes everything very confusing.

FeyMeggan
03-28-2012, 11:18 PM
The Marriott I tend to stay in for other cons use the word 'Delux' to indicate it has a balcony, so that may be the only difference between that and a 'regular' room. You can typically call the Marriott and just ask, the staff should tell you.

Gunslinger1888
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
I looked at that site yesterday but none of the rooms there say "deluxe." I feel like maybe they're just throwing the world "deluxe" around to make it feel fancier than it really is, and that they're the normal rooms that they offer every day. I don't know why they have to do that it makes everything very confusing.

The first room description entitled "Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double Check Rates" indicates it is a "Deluxe room." That leads me to believe that their standard room is branded "Deluxe."

makeshiftwings
03-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Alright cool, thanks guys.