PDA

View Full Version : Chii costume help! x.x

chocola_charat
01-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Hiya! I'm thinking about making this costume.

http://www.dragonfly.mindlinkcore.net/colour07.jpg

Problem though. I'm not sure how to do the back 'train'. Should I sew it over the skirt? Under the skirt? Also, I'm planning on wearing it to Anime North this year. How exactly could I make it so that if I didn't want to wear the train (So that people wouldn't step on it - or is that a problem? O.o *Never been to a con*) I could take it off or tuck it somewhere. Any help besides this question would also be greatly appreciated! Arigatou minna! ^^

Miaka No Baka
01-19-2004, 09:23 AM
well you can simply have it snap on and you might want it to be under the skirt part. You can also put a loop on the train and slip the loop on your finger and that'll help hold it off the ground and what not.

Miaka no Baka

chocola_charat
01-19-2004, 09:26 AM
That's a great idea. How would you shape the train to get it to look right so when it loops up it wouldn't look... lop sided? Could you also add loops to either side? Thanks ^^

Miaka No Baka
01-19-2004, 11:51 AM
it's kinda wierd cause the train is offcenter, it's more on the right side than the left, you can put two loops on each edge of the train, left and right, and slip both on to the same hand and that'll work or you can use really long loops and it can reach your left hand.

Miaka no Baka

Kairi G
01-19-2004, 02:07 PM
that is an awsome costume, i cant wait to see it done! i would suggest for the skirt to do it in tiers, attached to one solid layer underneath and then as Miaka said, attach a loop on the bottom of it so you can get it out of the way for walking, and escalators and such at the con.

chocola_charat
01-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Uh.. yah ^^; What's a tier? ^^;Isn't that when they have rectangles of fabric sewn to make a skirt? What is it's purpose? And how do you do them? I have no idea o.o;

chocola_charat
01-20-2004, 07:58 AM
I forgot to say I won't be tying the train up like in the pic or would it look better like that? I just realized you can see that it's attached on top because the black ribbon loops over the train part, and it sort of comes up over the side of the skirt.