PDA

View Full Version : Switching cosplays at the convention?

A14jojo
03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
I wanted to know for those of you don't have actual rooms at the hotel, how do you go about changing cosplays during day, if you do at all?

Even though I am only going to be at AM for one day a friend keeps insisting I do it, and that I could do it in the restrooms no less. I personally don't think I could ever do something like that. I think it would not only be uncomfortable for me but for the other guests as well. As much as is sounds fun to switch cosplays, unless you have an actual room to change it just seems like to much trouble to put yourself through. Am I wrong?

benihime
03-31-2012, 08:26 PM
i've changed in a restroom at a convention before. no biggie :)

tifaia
04-01-2012, 08:49 AM
I've done it before. I have found that it's best to keep it simple. Wear shoes and make-up that would work for both characters so you'll have less to carry around. Don't bring props, unless you're adamant about them then keep them in the car until you swap clothes. The large costumes should be kept at home. Not that you can't change into them in a bathroom, but if you take up a lot of space it can be an inconvenience to you and other attendees.

firecloak
04-03-2012, 12:49 AM
I've changed in a car before... That's usually the fastest. Just open both doors, and change inbetween. You can even hang a cloak or piece of fabric on the car for safety. This is even easier if you park in a corner.

I've changed into wigs in the restroom before too

Melodious Nocturne
04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
i've seen tons of people change in the restroom before. you will be fine :)

Caerix
04-03-2012, 06:22 PM
I've taken PE and everyone changed in a locker room, no doors or anything. Unless you plan on switching from a cosplay to a crossplay, it's not a big deal.

A14jojo
04-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I want to thank everyone for the feedback, it helped out things in a better perspective. So I have just one last question:

As far as changing at Marriot convention center, how are the restrooms? Are there certain places should head to change? Any advice?