PDA

View Full Version : Dir en Grey cosplayers needed!

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 01:09 PM
my friend and i are trying to get together a Dir en grey cosplay group for Otakon! We always see Malice Mizer ones... and like Kyo's walking around but NEVER the whole Diru band. I'm already kyo, and my friend is going as Shinya, we THINK we have someone for Toshiya but i'm not possitive on that, if any one is willing to help us out and be Kaoru or Die... and maybe Toshiya if the spot opens that'd be soooo wonderful!! thank u =P

Koumori
11-06-2002, 02:05 PM
Well, I'm planning to have a DeG group there myself, but I'm missing at least a Kyo (who quit) and possibly a Die (won't know until we have a date). But we've got a Shinya, a Kaoru and a Toshiya. Though our Kaoru is 4'10" and my Shinya is 6'0" and I'm 5'6" so we plan to look completely ridiculous together. If nothing else maybe we could all do a group photo.

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 02:12 PM
hey now that would be fun. the person who's Shinya wont be with me the whole time, since he helps out at the cons a lot and has to run around and such *right? O_o;* lolly. i'd be more than happi to join as your Kyo... if you'd let me ^_^

Koumori
11-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Whoa, you got an actual guy to be your Shinya? Did you have to hit him over the head, or did he respond favorably to bribes? ;) Definitely we should get together.

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 08:41 PM
ehehe yes, he ONLY cosplays female rolls usually... but his friend kinda talked him into doing Shinya, and since Shinya is so femm he realli doesn't have a problem with it. woo, we must get together at the con, i'll gladly be your groups Kyo if you want me to, i have pics of what the costume looks like so far, i just need to fix up a decal on the skirt and get a wig ^_^

Koumori
11-06-2002, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't even say we actually have "a group." :) After I did my Toshiya outfit, I decided I wanted to do some more, so I managed to talk some of my more game friends into coming to Otakon with me and wearing my costumes. They don't usually cosplay and I've had to force them to listen to a few songs just so they know what they're supposed to be doing. *siiigh* So while we may not be "a group" we will be "wandering around in a clump looking cool" (if I do my job right) and in that sense you are more than welcome to join us! :)

Any other DeG cosplayers out there interested in wandering around in a clump looking cool with us?

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 09:00 PM
hehehe you sound so put together ^_^ sometimes the ones that aren't planned look the best though! and i'm sure we can pull off some uber sexy diru! wandering is always fun, i do it in hopes i get my picture taken mwahahaaha... iie... now i'm starting to sound like Totchi... hehehe

Koumori
11-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by YuffieBunny
hehehe you sound so put together ^_^ sometimes the ones that aren't planned look the best though! and i'm sure we can pull off some uber sexy diru! wandering is always fun, i do it in hopes i get my picture taken

Hee. Yeah, me too. I'm so vain.

We are so not put together. Well, I am, but I've had plenty of time to gather all of my pieces. Again... my Kaoru... is less than five feet tall (though I like the outfit so much that I'm making another one in my size at the same time). It just makes me laugh. My six-foot Shinya is in Texas at the moment, but she'll be visiting me over Christmas so with any luck I can get her dress made then.

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 09:14 PM
still that's awesome!! ehehehe kyo will be taller than kaoru hahahahaa that'll be so great for some photos. *evil thoughts*

i just wanted to clear things up though... are you okay with yaoi photos? cuz we'll all be dressed as guys so it'll be yaoi... nothing like WOW but ya know those kawaii poses of hugs and such, since i've gotten the Kyo costume made me and my friends have been driving our selves crazy looking for people to do some yaoi type photos with, cuz yeah.... seeing the diru members like that is yumi ^_^

if it's not okay i understand! lolly, i wont force any one to do anything they wont want to but it's an idea. okay i'll shut up now *crawls over to scratching post*

soshi
11-06-2002, 09:18 PM
mmmmmm my friends (er, cosplay group XD) and I are doing a full Kisou Dir en grey group... but.. for AX. ^^; you might wanna snoop around the various jrock cosplay mls for Otakon cosplayers...

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Hai, i have a bunch of people i know online through LJ who are going to be doing some Diru groups. i might be at AX next year, not sure though, depends on how my money is XD

Koumori
11-06-2002, 09:25 PM

i just wanted to clear things up though... are you okay with yaoi photos?

heck yes.

I was hanging around a cute Kyo at AnimeFest and telling passersby "Yaoi? Yuri? You decide!"

YuffieBunny
11-06-2002, 09:27 PM
LMAO okies awesome! i wasn't sure and i usually hate asking cuz then i get mad at myself if i scare the person away... i duno why they wouldn't like diru yaoi? *smirk* hehehehe

shiroi_yukiko
11-06-2002, 10:32 PM
I wish I was going to Otakon! But I will be at AX in all my Toshiya glory wandering around with my little Kyo...

Michi
11-07-2002, 04:33 AM
I'm doing Shinya for A-kon.. meaning I'll have it by Otakon.. if anyone wants to do a big Dir en grey group. XD I'll be at AX too.. Whee!

YuffieBunny
11-07-2002, 07:52 AM
wooo sounds like a lot of diru cosplayes will be at AX, i'll be sure to bring my kyo costume and hopeful my kaoru one if i finish in time ^_^

lemoned
11-08-2002, 11:30 AM
lol yesh.. hooray for diru at ax. XD

as for myself, I will have 4 Deg costumes at ax.. er.. if I decide that I need to bring my kaoru... ^^;

YuffieBunny
11-08-2002, 11:40 AM
wow so there will be alot of diu cosplay at ax next year O_O

Yui
11-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Well I was Kaoru from FILTH for most of AX this year, and like five people total knew the cosplay. (Lot of people liked the mutated carcass headpiece, but were totally clueless.) Even though Dir en Grey's been around for a while, the most non-j-rock-minded peeps can usually pick out is hide's or Mana's. Even Kyo, who is cosplayed somewhat often, is only on the verge of public consciouness. Everybody else is always lumped into "dunno who they are, but cool!" or "j-rock/pop? maybe angel sanctuary? help?" So to have a large DeG grouping would be very educational.

I'll definitely be Gauze Kaoru for Katsu if anyone's around for that I'll wander around in a clump with ya (or perhaps more accurately, stand in the tedious long line to see Duel Jewel. ^_-*) I've got Kisou Kaoru in progress, but I don't think it'll be done until at least AX or Otakon. Or Anime Reactor...heheh, I gotta figure out how to make it lighter. I kinda have a fetish for costumes with akwardly bulky &/or heavy accessories.

Oh, and let me know if anyone wants to be in a group for ACen (and is in need of lodging...we've got a VIP suite to fill and I'm in need of j-rock devotees to help cancel out some of the Bemani madness likely to be there.)

katchoo
11-25-2002, 11:41 PM
wow I can't wait to see your groups and take pictures! ^_^ I'm currently a bit full on outfits I am making for the year, but I can't wait to see you.

BTW....I just visited your site yuffie, and I love it!! I LOVE paradise kiss! If you are interested in cosplaying it please let me know, I will be doing a group cosplay for Anime Expo.

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 06:15 AM
awesome katchoo! you like para kiss as well? i do want to make a cosplay group for them soon too. we should make one!

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 10:19 AM
hey bunny sweet, I was planning a Garden Shinya for Otakon...but seeing as you already have one...*pouts* um....what set are you doing deg from? I'd gladly do Die from it if Shinya is taken. ^o^

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 12:27 PM
i dun think we have a set PV we're cosplaying from hun, hehehe cuz i'm being a misc. Kyo.... but you can gladly take pics with us as Garden Shinya!!! yey! the more Shinya's the better, mwahahaha.

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 12:56 PM
hee hee well since you put it that way...*glomps the kyo* protect me from die-sama. =P

katchoo
11-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Dahlia - your arvator is beautiful!!! Where is it from?

Yuffie, what cons do you generally go to? I think we should make a pk group too. *excited* hehe

Koumori
11-26-2002, 01:26 PM
i dun think we have a set PV we're cosplaying from hun, hehehe cuz i'm being a misc. Kyo.... but you can gladly take pics with us as Garden Shinya!!! yey! the more Shinya's the better, mwahahaha.

Well, I'll have a Shinya there too. I have no idea how many of us will actually make it to the con, and I won't know until they post their dates, but we'll have at least a Shinya (she's got great legs, too), a Kaoru and a Toshiya.

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 01:45 PM
yey *pounces back to her shinya* i shall protect u from die-sama with all of my scareyness >=D

Katchoo- i usually go to shoujocon and axny/baaf... i'm hopefully going to yuri con... but i dunno about any others.. we'll have to plan ^^; hehee may i be isabella? *hentai giggle*

komori- lolly we're gonna have 3 sessay shinya's? i think i died and went to heaven ^^;

Koumori
11-26-2002, 01:55 PM

komori- lolly we're gonna have 3 sessay shinya's? i think i died and went to heaven ^^;

Hmm. Think I ought to bring a stick to keep the fangirls off them?

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 01:57 PM
haha you might just have to. Hehehe since i'll be cosplaying Kyo i could be used as a weapon too

katchoo
11-26-2002, 02:22 PM
lol... I would love it if you played Isabella. I'll either play Yukari or Miwako. oh...but don't be surprised if I can't stop hugging you as Isabella. *so pretty*

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:25 PM
hehehe hai, Isabella is the best *hugs him* damn i'd love to cosplay him sooooo much! ^^;

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YuffieBunny
[B]yey *pounces back to her shinya* i shall protect u from die-sama with all of my scareyness >=D

*is pounced by the kyo* awww...kyo feeling affectionate. yeah maybe die-sama will stop teasing me....oh man I forgot about Toshiya....XD

wow soo many shinyas.....what's a kyo to do. ^_~

YuffieBunny
11-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Dahlia
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YuffieBunny
[B]yey *pounces back to her shinya* i shall protect u from die-sama with all of my scareyness >=D

*is pounced by the kyo* awww...kyo feeling affectionate. yeah maybe die-sama will stop teasing me....oh man I forgot about Toshiya....XD

wow soo many shinyas.....what's a kyo to do. ^_~

teehee who said kyo can't be affectionate to his SHin-chan? *winks*

iie... kyo is going to have nervous break down around all the shinya's because he won know which one to keep... maybe them all?

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by katchoo24
[B]Dahlia - your arvator is beautiful!!! Where is it from?

thank you, its from the Malice Mizer Manga Mook. drawn by the artist: Mamiya Oki ^o^ I've wanted to cosplay this for so long but I want others to do the other members as well. Just so different.

Dahlia
11-26-2002, 02:44 PM
teehee who said kyo can't be affectionate to his SHin-chan? *winks*

iie... kyo is going to have nervous break down around all the shinya's because he won know which one to keep... maybe them all?

well you can keep this shin-chan....hmm...maybe kyo invest in some collars w/ tags stating this. did this at katsu when I cosplayed die and we had the whole band so we all belonged to leader-sama =3

Koumori
11-26-2002, 02:47 PM
Well, you can't have mine. Sorry.

Yui
11-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Dahlia - are you seriously considering cosplaying from that MM fanart? That is fantastically obscure -- and what's even stranger is that I actually have already made Kami's outfit from that, too. (I was wearing it around the hotel the Thursday right before last ACen really started.) I just made it to practice sewing really, and to walk around feeling all internally good and Kami-ish, but I didn't even think to wear it as a real cosplay cuz I thought no one would recognize it. (Course, later that night I was just wearing a tank top and snakeskin pants and got glomped cuz peeps thought I was Gackt. x_x) It's hard enough explaining to people a real Malice Mizer costume without it being an imaginary one from a single piece of art in a somewhat hard-to-find mook. O_o

But yeah, anytime you wanna really undertake that, really, and are going to one of my cons, I'll be in a group with ya. (I can probably seduce a Kozi for you, too.)

Heh. I'm going to end up toting around 10 or so cosplays across the country next year, and they all seem to be turning up to be either Kami or Kaoru...

Dahlia
11-27-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Dahlia - are you seriously considering cosplaying from that MM fanart? That is fantastically obscure -- and what's even stranger is that I actually have already made Kami's outfit from that, too. (I was wearing it around the hotel the Thursday right before last ACen really started.) I just made it to practice sewing really, and to walk around feeling all internally good and Kami-ish, but I didn't even think to wear it as a real cosplay cuz I thought no one would recognize it. (Course, later that night I was just wearing a tank top and snakeskin pants and got glomped cuz peeps thought I was Gackt. x_x) It's hard enough explaining to people a real Malice Mizer costume without it being an imaginary one from a single piece of art in a somewhat hard-to-find mook. O_o

But yeah, anytime you wanna really undertake that, really, and are going to one of my cons, I'll be in a group with ya. (I can probably seduce a Kozi for you, too.)

Heh. I'm going to end up toting around 10 or so cosplays across the country next year, and they all seem to be turning up to be either Kami or Kaoru...

heh I know its beyond obscure but that's part of its appeal. ^_^ whoa you actually made Kami....that is weird but cool. yeah I was originally planning this for Katsu but my plate got a little too full too quickly plus I wanna take my time on this. hmm...what other cons do you usually go to? oooh and you could seduce a kozi, now that is a talent. =3

Sunde & Schuld
12-04-2002, 11:11 AM
My girlfriend and I are doing Kyo and Toshiya at Otakon... and probably AX next year.. We're doing Myaku Kyo and Toshiya for Otakon. I kinda want to do Kaoru's 5 Ugly Kingdom costume he wears during the tour for AX. ^^

Dahlia
12-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Sunde & Schuld
My girlfriend and I are doing Kyo and Toshiya at Otakon... and probably AX next year.. We're doing Myaku Kyo and Toshiya for Otakon. I kinda want to do Kaoru's 5 Ugly Kingdom costume he wears during the tour for AX. ^^

ah I have a myaku shinya cossie but I won't be wearing it at Ota. next year, gonna be doing Garden. :D That's cool though, whose doing which member and what day are you doing this?

Koumori
12-04-2002, 09:41 PM
ah I have a myaku shinya cossie but I won't be wearing it at Ota. next year, gonna be doing Garden. :D That's cool though, whose doing which member and what day are you doing this?

Man, I'm glad I've decided to temporarily retire mine, much as I love it. (Cage for Otakon, unless of course I get too lazy to finish it and have to un-retire Myaku.) I don't mind running into people doing the same costume as me, but it's depressing if they've done it better. :)

Sunde & Schuld
12-04-2002, 10:24 PM

I was doing Toshiya and she was doing Kyo. I've already done Myaku Kaoru for AWA8 [except the hair didn't come out right >.< ] We're probably going to wear them on saturday most likely.