PDA

View Full Version : So excited!

chocola_charat
01-19-2004, 07:48 PM
Yahow, I've never been to a convention and Anime North is going to be my first con! Yahow ^^ what happens at cons? I heard that there is a theme for cosplay. Ancient Japan. o.o

Kohana
01-19-2004, 08:16 PM
congrats on your first convention!!

chocola_charat
01-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Yay! Thanks a lot! ^^

archangeli
01-19-2004, 10:25 PM
ancient japan?? 0.o

Cosplay can be defined as "costume-play" so you can be ANYTHING you want from ANY medium (manga, movie, tv, comics, etc.)

chocola_charat
01-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Yuh huh. I know that, but the girl who told me this meant the skits. I was confused by that because from all the research I had done I didn't know that there was a theme to skits? O.o

archangeli
01-19-2004, 10:48 PM
nah. skits can be about anything. if they keep the same rules as last year, the Masquerade presentations are only 60 secs long and theirs a separate event for ppl that want to actually put together a skit.

the themes are pretty random. there are always tons based on anime/ manga (duh! ANIME north... hehe). the most memorable ones tend to have some humour in them.

JustinCredible
01-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Congrats on your first convention!
I hope you enjoy yourself!
Skits can be whatever you want them to be, but just make sure you read the convention's guidelines detailing the 'no-nos' and the 'yes-yes''!

Junioranimdrawe
01-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey... I'm planning to go next year, or the year after with my friends <<In Toronto>> I've been looking into it for like a month now.. I'm just about to talk to my friends about going.. Yup *^_^*... i was just wondering.. does anyone know most of the events... Or give me a site on them *^_^* it'd be a Great helop *^_^* <<Oh! And Congrats too *^_^*>>

Eleryth
01-28-2004, 01:04 AM
www.animenorth.com

That's where all the information will be, eventually. It's the same webpage next year, so you can bookmark it once and keep it forever. :)

jess_85
01-30-2004, 08:42 AM
hey hey! Congrats on going to your first con *pats on tha back* I might be able to come to Anime North, but considering that I'm from North Carolina it might be a bit difficult^_~ I might be able to go though...but it's not for certain yet!

kurotoshi
01-30-2004, 09:56 AM
oi! It's also my first convention, so I kinda have a question concerning the costumes. Do you wear the costumes all three days? Or should you make different costumes? (I hope not though, I'm running low on cash!)

Anyways, Ja Ne!

jess_85
01-30-2004, 10:12 AM
You can wear the same costume if you would like^_~ It's just more fun to have more than one...but you don't have to! For my first con I only had 3 costumes and I wore one for each day. It just depends on the preference of the cosplayer....some bring like 3 per day!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever floats your boat my friend^0^

kurotoshi
01-31-2004, 01:13 PM
You can wear the same costume if you would like^_~ It's just more fun to have more than one...but you don't have to! For my first con I only had 3 costumes and I wore one for each day. It just depends on the preference of the cosplayer....some bring like 3 per day!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever floats your boat my friend^0^

Ah! Thank you! Thank you! My Jiraiya costume is costing me an arm and a leg right now, and I also have to make my friend's Itachi costume, so I didn't know if it was done or not. Man, there should be a tread on 'convention etiquette'!

Aly
01-31-2004, 08:58 PM
^______^ 3 per day... XD that's like me! You don't have to spend an arm & a leg. My super gothloli costume that has like... 8 petticoats(o.o) only cost me 50$ total. :D Just hunt for bargins! Bouclair always has sales(I used to work there... they were a pain to change all the signs!)

jess_85
02-01-2004, 03:10 AM
hehe...me as well Aly!!!!!!!^0^

Aly
02-01-2004, 08:01 AM
:D Once I get started, I can't stop making costumes! XD & I have so many ideas for them too... alot origonal XD

jess_85
02-01-2004, 12:20 PM
well, that's good that they are original...I think those are always the coolest^_~ I can't stop EITHER once I start!!!!!!! It's funny...I have a bout a million going right now, but I can't get them all finished at the same time^_______^ AHHHHHH...where does it end???????

Ryukka
02-01-2004, 12:36 PM
See thats just it, the maddness NEVER ends =P

Aly
02-01-2004, 12:39 PM
haha! We should arrange a metting place at the con or something! :) do a costume photoshoot or whatever. :D

chocola_charat
02-01-2004, 01:03 PM
I know, I have like 20 costumes planned for the con! That wouldn't be too bad if I had a job. I'm going on babysitting money so I'm hoping I'll have more opportunities to babysit before the con!! ^^;;;

the_tennyo
02-01-2004, 10:27 PM
I dont have a job either :O
I only have 1, maybe 2 things planned for anime north. then 2 for animethon, and 2 for otafest. 1 for first day of school, 1 for animethon a couple years from now, that is, if they still have that con

jess_85
02-01-2004, 11:26 PM
YES ma'am ALY MA'AM!!!!!!!!!!:P That would be sooooooooo much fun!!!!!! What costumes are you planning on bringing...If I may ask...HEH HEH^________________^

StreetClothes
02-02-2004, 10:05 PM
I'm also jobless: I'm relying solely on the money in my back account. This is going to be my first AN, though I've been to CN for the last three years. I'll be another AN newbie with you ;)

kenhidaka
02-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Everyone, trust me you are going to enjoy yourselves there. This is my 3rd year going to AN and it hasn't ruined my fun. And if you want to show off your best (or for some only) costume, wear it on Saturday cuz that's when many people come. (Half from the weekend campers, half that only show for Saturday because of many events.) If you are wearing a really good costume, beware the glompers. I warn you early on, some people tend to go overboard when seeing they're favourite char.

chocola_charat
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
I just read the pet peeves thread o.o Oh my, now I'm suddenly scared to wear skirts without shorts underneath! Is there a lot of bad fanboys?

Oh yay! ^^ I hope to see you there! I'm going as a pink and black Chii, Rydia from FF4, and Sailor Moon. Look for me ^^

Who are you all going as to anime north? ^^

nuriko001
02-03-2004, 08:36 PM
it's safe if you wear shorts.... you dunno what happens in the few inches below eye level zone.. :P

chocola_charat
02-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Lol! Thanks for the info =P

Mage
02-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Rydia? That's great. ^_^ The young Rydia or grown-up Rydia? ^_^ If you want to see who's going as what, there's another thread in this forum dedicated to that, so check it out, though it's a little long.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the fanboys...the fangirls are scarier.

I just read the pet peeves thread o.o Oh my, now I'm suddenly scared to wear skirts without shorts underneath! Is there a lot of bad fanboys?

Oh yay! ^^ I hope to see you there! I'm going as a pink and black Chii, Rydia from FF4, and Sailor Moon. Look for me ^^

Who are you all going as to anime north? ^^

chocola_charat
02-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Grown up Rydia ^^

jess_85
02-06-2004, 10:55 AM
That's cool!!!!!! I planned on doing Rydia as a child^_~ YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocola_charat
02-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Ne! And you're going to Anime North? We'll have to get together and get pictures taken! ^^ Although I suck at sewing X.x;;;

Chosuke
02-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Fangirls ARE scarier.
No doubt about it.

Because a fanboy doesn't actual dare TOUCH you, fangirls think they have special privlidges and don't even think.

Aly
02-10-2004, 02:15 PM
YES ma'am ALY MA'AM!!!!!!!!!!:P That would be sooooooooo much fun!!!!!! What costumes are you planning on bringing...If I may ask...HEH HEH^________________^
I'm going as Chi in her work uniform. A couple of original Gothic Lolita's, Riku from FFX-2, Origonal Panda girl.... & I think that's about it for now. :D you?

jess_85
02-10-2004, 02:24 PM
well, If I do go...AHEM! Sorry...some of these topics have given me second thoughts^_~ J/K...but if I do get to come I would probably bring my moogle, gothic lolita, chii, shiva from FFX, possibly yuna from X-2, and Zelda! Think that's about it...but knowing me I have forgotten one in there some where^______^