PDA

View Full Version : Worst anime you've even seen?

Xion
06-04-2002, 05:04 PM
C'mon, every always talks about the anime they like...what about vice versa?

I'd have to say Key the Metal idol. After about 3 minutes, my ears were ringing there there was no tomorrow! @_@ Shortly after Key next-to-literally screamed my brains out (loud and annoyingly), I continued bumping into walls when I stood up. Furthermore, the characters were quite uninteresting, and the plot was about as bleak as R. Dorothy Wainwright's sense of humor.

Some others: any of those card-game/Pokemon rip-off series (i.e. Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Medabots). Ack! I tihnk we know why...

Ayaka
06-04-2002, 05:22 PM
. . . probably Zeguy. Instead of repeating myself, here -
http://www.exitrance.com/exitrance/vigilante/reviews/zeguy.html

Lovelyangel_81
06-04-2002, 07:03 PM
Well, my non-favorite anime are Megabots, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and ( I know I am going to get flame for this) and Dragon Ball Z.
It's not my cup of tea.

peacecraft
06-04-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm not even going to say what I hate the most. I'd be flamed into the ocean never to return... This could be a very dangerous thread. ;)

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Yesh, it might be wise to follow peacecraft's thoughts on the thread. All I'm going to say is that all anime is good, just not as good as others, and not as well-liked - which is why anime is so varied since different people have different tastes.

Mei Lan Chang
06-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Not me, I am brave! And I will tell everyone right now, never watch Soul Taker. Bad bad BAD anime. Enough said. BAD!

Tenshi
06-04-2002, 09:28 PM
I really don't get to watch a lot of anime, so my list is limited. However, I'm going with two: Fushigi Yuugi and Lodoss War TV.

Fushigi Yuugi, I think, just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like any characters save for Tasuki, and Miaka REALLY got on my nerves. However, every FY disliker out there says the same stuff, so I won't reiterate :P.

Lodoss War TV, however, was just abysmal any way you look at it. Anime in general can be cheesy, but this one takes the cake (no pun intended). It probably didn't help that I saw the dub of this, which probably made it even worse. Plus, the continuity between the OVA and the TV series was way off. That made me very mad.

videl
06-05-2002, 08:50 AM
Poor Miaka......she's stupid...but i like her.
I hate only the X version of the anime...because I think that the original it's always the best!!!!!!

^_^'''
I don't like very much..."medarot" and "sobakkasu"

Yami Kuroneko
06-05-2002, 01:14 PM
I agree with you about the Miaka thing Tenshi. Her whiny high pitched voice does get on your nerves aftr a couple episodes. But I don't dislike Fushigi Yuugi. As for an anime I do dislike, it's DBZ it get's pretty boring after you've watched the cell saga 7 times!

All Hail The Kitty,
Yami Kuroneko

videl
06-05-2002, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yami Kuroneko
[B][SIZE=1] Her whiny high pitched voice does get on your nerves aftr a couple episodes. QUOTE]
Ah...in Italy we aren't Fushigi Yuugi on tv...we read the manga!:D

Yggdrasil Pie
06-05-2002, 10:06 PM
I don't like any video games that are made into an anime....

Those usually turn out horrible... @_@

Me no likie....

videl
06-06-2002, 12:56 AM
eheeheh...poor miaka..........

Medellia
06-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I liked Soul Taker ok, but you gotta be ok with not getting what's going on. I like the cosplay-nurse girl ^_^

There aren't any anime I hate, but I'd rather have teeth pulled than watch DBZ, almost any dub, Nanako, um... I can't think of more cuz I don't watch 'em! ^_^ The X movie was totally horrible, and I think that's true even of the original, cuz they didn't bother to explain the plot, and the head severing was a bit much.

Yggdrasil Pie
06-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Oh yea...and about Miaka...

I don't hate her, she just scares me... ^_^;;;

I think she gets too emotional sometimes.

Tenshi
06-07-2002, 09:50 PM
I think it was more Miaka's personality I didn't like, rather than her voice. Her voice actress also did Chibimoon and I like the pink sugarcoated thing ^.-.

Kuja
06-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Fencer of Menerva that was like the worst thing I had ever seen in all my anime history.

Legato/Machan
06-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Well, since I'm a eclectic person there's no anime that I really don't like, but I had enough of DB, DBZ and DBGT. Here in Brazil most of the otakus talk only about this.

Hopage
06-09-2002, 05:47 PM
I walked into a Revolutionary girl Utena showing at a convention once, and it was the most random and unappealing thing I have ever seen in my life, (What do you do when your anime has no plot and you need to end it? Oh I know! Have the two female leads go nude street louging!) No one in the room understood it, near the end we started making public cracks at it, and laughing a lot. My friends and I still make jokes about it... oh the horribleness of it all

evilchii
06-11-2002, 10:26 AM
i think i'm the only one who likes the utena movie XD

i saw soul taker the other day, it was awful, i want my money back.

one thing i always thought that ppl yelled at me about was the AKIRA movie. I really hated it. I read the books and then saw the movie. I was just so disappointed.

Jibrille
06-16-2002, 08:21 PM
*no fear moment*
Soul Taker is aweful...hmm... i've seen over 70 anime now..there had to be something else that sucked/didnt float my boat... hmmm
i didnt think Battle Athletes was all that good...
Blood: The Last Vampire... so very bad. definitly a failed attempt (once again) to integrate CG and animation. choppy is another good word for it.
Darkstalkers shouldnt exist...(almost worst ever)
Old school Devil Man. i admit though, it was only REAL bad because the subtitles were so horrid... "I make you died"
Dual... just didnt float me boat eyar.
Samurai Showdown...shouldnt exist either (worst ever).
uh... i think that covers it. ^^

and i LOVE the utena movie. not really for its plot but its just so filled with eye-candy happiness. its also a little more enjoyable AFTER you see the whole series. ^^

Nadeshiko
06-16-2002, 11:56 PM
I loved the Utena movie.

Marmalade Boy has to be the worst anime I've ever seen. I couldn't stand Miki. We all knew, no matter how hard the other guy tried, she was going to end up with Yuu in the end. I thought it was too predictable. The music wasn't all that great. I could not stand Jinny Golding.

Then I really didn't like Ryokohara Labyrinth. Yaoi fans beware.

Dragonball series. 'nuff said.

Scoti
06-18-2002, 01:52 PM
I'm not the biggest DBZ fan cuz it's long and boring. they spend half the season "talking" about how their going to destroy each other but take like 10 episodes before they do anything about it.. I don't mind the characters just the story..

Hikaruchan
06-18-2002, 02:49 PM
You should have asked me this last year, I was on con video planning committee and saw some of the most awful dreck while hunting for shows. Fortunately I have blocked most of that from my mind.

Other shows I can remember that didn't float my boat: Battle Skipper, Darkside Blues(at least had some good art to distract from bad plot), Battle Athletes, Sakura Diaries, Amazing Nurse Nanako, and DragonBallZ.

Kendo_Bunny
06-20-2002, 09:06 PM
I don't like cutsie anime... I'm the kind of person who loves cerebral anime, and writes angst fics (no, not the sobbing kind. I hate those. If someone is going to be attempting suicide, they'd better have a good reason and a good description. But I digress)
My least favorites are probably Galaxy Fraulien Yuna and Hand Maid May. Both of them annoy the bejeebers out of me and make me feel almost insulted because of the rather low aim.

I actually rather liked Miaka. It was Tamahome I hated :P I call him 'Mr. Whippy' *whip cracks in the background* Then again, I hate most romantic heros... A little sap I can stand, but every five minutes!?

ThePirateKing
06-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Slayers, Fushigi Yuugi, and most any clamp series,

A rockin' out anime would be like FLCL or Lupin or somthing...Naruto will rock as an anime I bet.

rayechu
06-24-2002, 05:17 AM
Didn't like Utena... I just do not like the plot, or the characters. My club watched Metropolis today. It was so horid. No plot, things exploding for no reason. It was 1 hour and 41 minutes longer than it needed to be. and the 20's-30's whatever freaking era it was mmusic got REALLY annoying really quickly. Not to mention keihi looked like he had popeye's arms. ::shudders:: I have no clue how this got good reviews. also Saber Marionette J, my friends and BF and watching this, and it just not my cup of tea, I do not like the characters or the plot. I think Lime and Cherry are ugly. I am not a clamp fan really but Chobits is really good. I cannot wait to cosplay as chi in the schoolgirl uniform ^.^ oh the english dubs of Sailor moon movies are HORRID. poor poor diana...

Hikaruchan
06-24-2002, 12:25 PM
My sister got offended at chobits. I think its alright, opening & closing themes are catchy too. I only saw a little of SMJ and had no interest in seeing more.

Totally agree that SM Diana's voice was terrible

Medellia
06-24-2002, 12:25 PM
The Battle Athletes TV wasn't very good, I liked the OVAs ok. *gasp* Darkstalkers.
Originally posted by Jibrille
*no fear moment*
Soul Taker is aweful...hmm... i've seen over 70 anime now..there had to be something else that sucked/didnt float my boat... hmmm
i didnt think Battle Athletes was all that good...
Blood: The Last Vampire... so very bad. definitly a failed attempt (once again) to integrate CG and animation. choppy is another good word for it.
Darkstalkers shouldnt exist...(almost worst ever)
Old school Devil Man. i admit though, it was only REAL bad because the subtitles were so horrid... "I make you died"
Dual... just didnt float me boat eyar.
Samurai Showdown...shouldnt exist either (worst ever).
uh... i think that covers it. ^^

and i LOVE the utena movie. not really for its plot but its just so filled with eye-candy happiness. its also a little more enjoyable AFTER you see the whole series. ^^

The Battle Athletes TV wasn't very good, the OVA was pretty ok. *gasp* Darkstalkers.. I love Vampire Savior! Not the anime tho, the manga by Mayumi Azuma. It's so beautiful, and I love love love the character designs *^^* Besides, it was a video game anime, how can it not be bad? I liked the Utena movie too, even though the car scene at the end is a bit.. unexpected. But hey, that's artistic liscnce for you. It was very pretty.

I like Chobits a lot, but what the hell is up with Hideki's eyes?!? He looks like a child molester >_<;;; He doesn't look that creepy in the manga...

Speaking of Soul Taker, the cosplay-nurse girl I love so much is getting her own show! Yay! Although apparently it's a magical girl show ^_^;; Oh well, can't win 'em all eh?

Lovelyangel_81
06-24-2002, 12:55 PM
I like utena and the movie. (even though the movie was kinda freaky) Darkside Blue was weird. The main guy(Darkside) was hot in a strange way. That was the only good about it, but problem was you don't get see him that much.There was one anime I watch on Encore Action Channel called Psycho Diver (I think it what it was called) anyway. I didn't like it. It like a B-movie type flick.

forte-mari
06-24-2002, 08:14 PM
The worst thing I've ever seen, and thank god I wasn't the one to buy this was Voogie's Angels. It was a standard Girl super team, with the standard cliches. It was a three episode OVA, but those weren't problems, the problem came when they talked. It was like 5 Miakas compressed into three episodes. It got real annoying, really quick!

ThePirateKing
06-26-2002, 11:44 PM
I keep hearing "chobits this" "chobits that" the name even sounds annoying.

Kaden-Fukuyama
07-27-2002, 11:37 PM
worst anime? Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Sailor Moon. I'm sorry but Pokemon pisses me off to no end. Why? No Plot. Thats all i gots to say.

Mikagami
07-29-2002, 02:35 AM
I'd have to say Battle Arena Toshinden is the worst I've seen. Either that or Amazing Nurse Nanako.

Studmaster
07-29-2002, 10:58 AM
This is one funny ass thread, I love it.

Worst Anime I've seen.

Megami Paradise: Sucked badly.

Battle Arena Toshiden: Make it Stop, Make it Stop!

Samurai Suckdown: Talk about BullShit.

Dragon Ball Z and most of GT: I've watched over 450 episodes of the 508 episode series, and I tell you, I can't take it anymore! Even though I loved Dragon Ball and Vegita.

Street Fighter: The Animated Movie (American Release) Killed to all hell with shitty music, stupid cuts and a story that really sucked to begin with.

Soul Taker: Waste of time, I fell asleep.

Blood: My Anime club had the nerve to show this shitty nonsense. What the hell was going on again?

After War Gundam X: ARRRRRGHHHHH! Die Tifa, Die Garrod!!

I can't think of much else right now, but the worst Anime Period is...

Tekken = After 5 years, I still want my 2 dollars back.

Jinx
07-30-2002, 05:22 AM
I haven't seen much new anime, soo....

I haven't seen this one on the list: Ninja Scroll

Personally I didn't need all those unnecessary sex scenes. o.o

Yu-gi-oh sucks too. o.o And I'm starting to get sick of shoujo anime.

Water Empress: I agree with those fighting games turned anime suck. But I liked Fatal Fury. How about fighting games turned movies? :P

Sami
07-30-2002, 07:56 AM
I agree with Studmaster... TEKKEN! What the hell was that all about?! I'm lucky I watched it over at a friends house (by 'watched' I mean glanced at every so often while I munched on potato chips and did the TV Guide crossword) or else I would have burned the blasphemous thing in my backyard. >F What are people thinking when they come up with this stuff?...

I also dislike Fushigi Yugi. x_x My theory is, it's pretty hard to like an anime when not only is the main heroine dumb as a bag of rocks, but you really want to throttle her every time you see her on screen. On that note, I didn't like Slayers much either. ^_^;;;

Neon Genocide
07-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Yeah I will have to agree with that Tekken was badly done.

Studmaster
07-30-2002, 09:18 AM
I have to agree with all the Fatal Fury: Katsudou Sasshin likers. It remains to this day, the BEST Video Game to Anime Movie ever!! Screw Street Fighter, Fatal Fury had a MUCH better story, even though it had nothing to do with the game.And it was done by Masambi Obari. Too bad he would make shit like Gowcaiser and Toshinden after. :hafha:

Mikagami
07-30-2002, 09:57 AM
I refuse to see the Tekken anime. Just by seeing the preview of it made me want to avoid it like the plague...and I was right to do so, according to most of my friends. And I also agree that Fatal Fury was one of the better fighter game anime.

I completely forgot about Blood: The Last Vampire. That was the first anime my club watched last year...and it tured out to be the worst anime ever shown there, at least from the group's reaction of cracking MST3K-like jokes during the movie, which I'll admit was a bit rude, but hey....

Nietsche
07-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Time for my thoughts...my sentiments with everyone here on their choices...all quite true..(although FY is my cup of tea)

Jibrille - Darkstalkers shouldnt exist...(almost worst ever)

Well I think it was a touch ambitious to try and make any story to go with any beat-em-up game especially Vampire Hunter...but then I didn't watch the OVA for it's story..(lucky me)...anyway...for it's nicely animated and well drawn fighting scenes I think it's worth it's existence!

X movie would class as not that good...people dying left right and centre before anyone gets a chance to relate to any of them...I didn't even feel for Kamui at the end at all....

Oh..poor poor Gundam X....had to compete with Evangelion for ratings on japanese TV....but I think it would have been something if it didn't end so abruptly...

Gensoumaden Saiyuki's sliding frame animation put me off watching it after a while...(if it's not gonna be animated properly why not just leave it as manga or something..hmph!)

Hmm

Cait
08-01-2002, 02:12 PM
Worst Movie: X
A friend loaned this to me. I still don't understand the appeal... I mean if you enjoy dramatic deaths, maybe, but.... waste of time, in my opinion.

Worst Series: Magic Knight Rayearth
I'm gonna go off on a tangent, now. Feel free to ignore it.

Reason 1: The Title
Rayearth is not a Magic Knight. Why did you name it Magic Knight Rayearth? Those words are not appropriate adjectives for that noun. It would either be Magic Knight Hikaru or Rune-god Rayearth. *sigh*

Reason 2: CLAMP Body Forms
In many anime it's stunning how wonderful the caricatures of the human body are. In MKR, it's pathetic. CLAMP's style does to the anime character what Teen Magazine does to the female body image. I mean there's thin and then there's Hikaru who has no internal organs. I'm a stickler for proper body ratios in animation, and CLAMP fails the test everytime.

Reason 3: Hollow Romantic Plot Lines
Fuu only gets to be the romantic lead because Umi is the allegedly highest class and Hikaru is the most steadfast. They needed to balance it. She only talks to her love interest occasionally, and despite his constant advances usually only replies with quiet words or a smile. I think she hugged him once.

Hikaru on the other hand falls desperately in love with Lantis after seeing him three times? Two? And that love is stronger than anything? There was no real development here, just a very small setup and then a profession of love that was returned.

They bring back a story arc 1 villain and age him a decade just to provide a romantic interest for Umi. And, it's a terrible thing to do. The boy throws himself at her, tries to protect her constantly, and she burns him so bad after each touching offer that it's surprising he has skin left.

Then they all leave their love interests behind with out a second thought. I can't even remember if they say good-bye.

It's almost insulting. Canít we have a little bit of happy love? No.

Reason 4: Monotonous Episodes
So the girls go on a quest to attain the Rune-gods. And, along the way to each we have pretty much the same experiences as the road to the other two. Nearly all of "Rayearth 2" is spend just sitting around watching the world fall apart. Or, occasionally fighting the invading armies in a weak and uniform manner. This series could have been much shorter and still had the same effect... and you thought DBZ was slow.

Reason 5: Spontaneous Siblings
Both Presea and Zagato turn out to have long lost siblings that look exactly like them. Excuse me? So you regretted killing the character, and now you've cast a replacement? Great. Presea's wasn't even set up well. They explain away her death as not what it appeared. Presea appears to know all about the Knights as though she actually knew them. But, in the course of two episodes, we completely change this. *sigh* I'm not sure there was a point to even having not the original Presea there. The only reason I can discern is to show the audience how much the characters shelter the Magic Knights.

Reason 6: Idiot Villains
Nova works for Debonair. Nova walks/floats into the palace stronghold easily and invades Hikaru's body. Why, then, would Debonair need Alcyone at all? Her daughter can walk into the palace any time she likes! Just ask her to open the front door or something! I'm sure any competent villain would be able to use their resources wisely, but there arenít any competent villains in this series.

Reason 7: Spontaneous Ambiguous-ness
So how about Eagle and his amazing gayness? Because he shows more warmth and affection to his second in command than Fuu shows to her long-time love. And his seconds in command shows it right back... too bad Eagle gets all dreamy when he remembers his friendship with Lantis. This part wasn't needed, really... not the way it was done, at least. I mean it's nice and all to take a break from the plot to see Eagle talking about how nice and soft his second in command's bed is, but can we go back to the plot every now and then?

Reason 8: The Opening
Way to make out with yourself, Hikaru.

I have more, but I am hungry. *grabs a large shield to defend against flames*

Saving Graces
DBZ, Pokemon, and Sailor Moon fall under a different category to me. They are the series that bring people over from the American tradition of animation as a random child's thing, to animation as a medium that can actually tell a real and provocative story. Sailor Moon rocked my world when I first saw it on TV. But as an animeÖ.. I agree that others are much better.

As for Fusigi Yugi.... I'd like to burn the anime. It's only saving grace is the beauty of it's manga.

~Cait

Pollyanna
08-01-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm going to go ahead and agree with everyone about anime based on video games sucking. The exception, I think...would be the Street Fighter II movie. I got the original Japanese one when it came out and it made me excited about more game to anime translations...all of which have disappointed me since. Street Fighter 2 V is probably the worst, I think.
Fatal Fury was acceptable...but really, the Street Fighter movie was well directed and really reproduced the feel of the game, which is the most important part, to me.
Now, whenever a game I like becomes popular, I keep wishing that it isn't made into an anime. That's kinda sad.
I'm still going to look into Popolocrois, though...at least the character designs look all right. Has anyone seen it? Ehehe...the games aren't too popular over here, so I doubt anyone has played them.

Ken-chan
08-02-2002, 07:34 AM
The worst anime I've ever seen is probably.. o_o Dragon Ball Z.. I'm sorry for anyone that likes it out there.. but.. it's pretty pointless.. o_o all they do is fight.. and when they fight.. one fight can take on.. like.. 20 episodes.. it's kind of pathetic o_o
I don't know.. it just.. sucks :\

Also.. Sailor Moon is bad.. >_>.. Again I'm sorry for anyone that likes it.. but.. it's to.. magic girly and.. Rini, I just want to kill her x_x.. She's in love with her father through some of the series.. that's just really screwed up..
er.. well, I guess the whole thing isn't that bad, because i have to admit.. way back i did watch the show ^_^;; It's very corny though -.-..

Hm.. what about some old animes? ^_^; I think Speed Racer sucked.. even though I have to admit to watching that too when I was little.. o.o *blinks* It's.. about winning a car race.. finding out who Racer X (or something like that) is.. and then his little brother always being in the car while he races o.o
But I guess I can't hate it to much x_x.. It was.. like.. a classic o_o Maybe.. sort of.. I don't know.. Anyway, that's all for now.. Ja ne.

Studmaster
08-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche

Oh..poor poor Gundam X....had to compete with Evangelion for ratings on japanese TV....but I think it would have been something if it didn't end so abruptly...

Hmm

Yup, that was another problem for why GX got cancelled so soon. It had to compete with Eva for a while and Eva trashed it horribly. And considering GW held up pretty well....Damn...

But GX is something I may give another chance to eveuntially. Because I love Gundam so much now, I can't go without seeing it someday. As for G-Savior...Never.

NeoDrifter
08-03-2002, 03:52 PM
list:
-pokemon
-DBZ (one fight can take up to four episodes of just standing there doing nothing but thinking or talking about powers and who's gonna lose)
-801st TT Airbats (seemed ok, but the series was too too short)
-Tekkaman Blade II (ended too early the first series was way better)
-ANY YAOI (my god I'm a guy for crying out loud)
-and all I can thik of right now

Madmann
08-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Patlabor was one of my worst ones it just has no plot.

scandia
08-03-2002, 09:32 PM
My least favorite anime is Lain. But objectively, the worst one is Miss Critical Moment. I just despise Lain more.

NeoDrifter
08-03-2002, 11:58 PM
some animes suck, some like it cause another person does (my theory on how the DBZ craze started)

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 12:00 AM
My theory is the same for Pokemon too

Cait
08-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Pokemon is popular because it's a game... two games, actually. Well, two kinds of games. It's not just an anime... it's many many toys! What kid doesn't love that?

Oshi
08-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Pokemon was great. Its greatness wasn't because it was a good anime... but for what it did to anime. It brought people into anime. They went from Pokemon, then found DBZ, Gundam, and other common animes, then took a love for the more serious and better animes. It sparked a revolution, IMO.

...at least, that's how it happened for me ;D Yes, yes, I am a child of Pokemon... *shrug*

PirateRogue
08-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Yu-gi-oh gets my vote for stupidest, most shameless, game marketing.

worst vid i've seen recently has to be Maetel Legend. Terrible!And that's coming from a Matsomoto fan.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-05-2002, 11:55 PM
LOCKE THE SUPERMAN! Just 'cuz a guy has the name Locke doesn't make him as cool as the FF6 Character... ::nods::

Celine
08-06-2002, 01:39 AM
Without a doubt, Evangelion.

And yes, I did sit through the whole series, so I feel justified saying this. The show had no redeeming qualities in my eyes.

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 10:25 AM
O_o;; Eva? Well.... I can see where a lot of people don't like it, you're not supposed to be forced to enjoy an anime, it's just very strange to see somebody not go with the mainstream of things, it's like when I go to an anime forum and say Dubbed is better or DBZ is a great anime, I get the crap knocked out of me with flames etc. lol

Ken-chan
08-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Personally, I liked Evangelion.. *blinks* >_> I have a thing for.. depressing animes o_o.. And then cute ones.. and yaoi.. *drool* >_>;; *cough* anyway..
bad anime would be..
Batman? XD.. I think that actually is an anime.. not really in a very traditional anime style though.. Hm..
I didn't like Dragon Ball Z at all, but I have to admit.. they were cute when they were little.. x_x..

Cait
08-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Eva was dumb in many ways. I can't stand the music or the opening. The ending wasn't really there. I hate how Rei Anayami steals the spotlight. Asuka is the most annoying thing since ChibiUsa. The Eva's aren't really more than the standard human shaped machines that we see everywhere... but...

*SPOILERS NEXT*

The one thing that makes Evangelion rise above other anime, to me, is the scene when Gendo takes control of mission operations because Misato has just been injured. Asuka tries to tell Shinji who the pilot of the rogue Eva is and is cut off cruely. Rei, Gendo's favorite, has her Eva's arm savagly blown from its body, at Gendo's order while she's still keyed into it's nerve feedback. And when Shinji refuses to turn the awesome power of the Eva onto anoter human being, after finally standing up to his father, Gendo takes over control of Shinji's Eva and Shinji has to watch as essentially his hands tear the rouge Eva to bloody pieces... splashing fresh blood on buildings and making the water run with it... a scene that makes even the mission control staff ill. I was awestruck by the power of that scene.. Shinji holding the entry plug in his Eva's hand... screaming pleas to his father to stop this madness... and Gendo ignoring him and allowing Shinji's Eva's hands to crush the entry plug, with the pilot inside, like a soda can.

When they showed Shinji the pilot's identity as his mangled body is pulled from the wreakage I fell the ground in awe of the power of it all. Until then I hadn't believed something of that magnitude could be shown animated... and the first time I saw it it was dubbed even! Ok, so I'm a sucker for good storytelling. I love Eva for the reason most people hate it: it's not really about a war, fantastic machines, romantic sub plots, or any other trivial matter. It's about the characters and the ways they cope with life and grow out of their paradigms as the series progresses. I clapped with the cast as Shinji finally understood his potential/role in society as an individual and the series came to a close.

*sheepish grin*

Ok.. leaving now.

~Cait

Celine
08-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Hey now, I'm not saying this for a flame, guys. ^^; I just HATE Eva and think it is the worst anime ever. You don't need to defend it. We're just asking for opinions here, I thought, and opinions can't easily be changed. I haven't felt the need to defend Pokemon... if you hate it, then, you hate it and that is that.

Cait
08-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Well, that's not really it. I would hope you hate it for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I know you can't logic one out of an opinion, but just hating it because you hate it went out with crayons and glue eating.

Wha..? Who flamed you?

~Cait

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-06-2002, 11:31 PM
But defending stuff is the fun part about these topics... I love defending animes that most people hate... It's just fun! And it racks up that lil post tally under my name, so I look cooler then I normally do!

Celine
08-06-2002, 11:35 PM
Thank you for that flattering likening to a four-year-old. I appreciate it. I hadn't realized that neglecting to enlighten you all as to my rationale meant that there was no rationale. I did not want to get into a debate with anyone, so it seemed safer not to give my reasons. For your sake, I will be more clear in the future.

There was no flame... I was responding to this message: I can see where a lot of people don't like it, you're not supposed to be forced to enjoy an anime, it's just very strange to see somebody not go with the mainstream of things, it's like when I go to an anime forum and say Dubbed is better or DBZ is a great anime, I get the crap knocked out of me with flames etc.

Cait
08-07-2002, 12:28 AM
*scratches head* You're posting here and you don't want to get into a debate?

Space Invader
08-09-2002, 09:20 PM
I have to say, there ARE animes I hate. With a passion. First off, there's Dragonball. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT. *deep breath* Sorry to you guys that like it, but it's one of the most awful ones I have ever seen. No plot, awful animation (it's barely the anime style!), and the fact that it's overly violent. I'm not against violence in anime or anything like that - don't get me wrong - there's just too much of it.
Another really bad one is Bastard!. I actually think it's quite amusing, in a way. Maybe it's because I have a strange sense of humor. But, it suffers from many of the same things that Dragonball does - a ghost of a plotline, same thing happens in every episode (bad guy/girl kidnaps good girl, demon overlord guy goes to rescue her, good girl's clothes somehow end up coming off, demon overlord beats bad guys' butt, then tries to fondle the girl he just rescued). The voices are awful. "Hey, you! Let go of MY woman!" It's bad. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time or money on it.

Foxwolfe
08-10-2002, 02:05 AM
Based on what you said you should prolly add a few other animes such as soul taker to your list.

I know these are just opinions but still everyone has different tastes in what they think is good or bad.

Chosuke
09-02-2002, 09:46 AM
I liked bastard...
Actually one of my favorite Anime.But it depends what tastes you have,I personally only watch it for Darshu~~~~~~ -^_^-
But Yoko..or tia noto yoko,whichever you call her is totally annoying..she deserves to be shot. o.o;

anyways,
The one show I think I hate more then any other would most likely have to be a tie between Space girl yamamoto..god I hated that show! I could barely get through the first episode without begging to switch it to something less..awkward and unfunny,The second show would have to be Dragon Ball Z,I just..can't stand it..because of the art and it's ultra-violent principles.

"My obvious charm's and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk" -darsh

Berry_Blue_Gang
09-02-2002, 07:11 PM
wow....so many things that you guys say you hate....i love....i think that just proves how crazy i am. sorry, but i just can't jelp but love anythin by clamp, even the x movie. plus...the utenta movie...makes love to my brain, in a very nasty way.
wait...i'm gettin off topic. anime's i hate. well, i don't get to see too many, and they've all been dubbed, but yeah.
ANY form of dragonball. great characters, BAD plot.
let's see, flint the time detective (i am so ashamed i watched some of this), the third season of digimon, umm....i know there's more...but it's too hot out here for me to think.
also, an anime that i'm getting VERY tired of is Gundam Wing. that's all my friends seem to talk about. gundam this, gundam that. also....i've gotten tired of listening to relena bashing.
well...nothing else has come to mind....but i'm sure there's plenty more, and i'll be reminded sooner or later!

Shadow Lady
09-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
Pokemon was great. Its greatness wasn't because it was a good anime... but for what it did to anime. It brought people into anime. They went from Pokemon, then found DBZ, Gundam, and other common animes, then took a love for the more serious and better animes. It sparked a revolution, IMO.

...at least, that's how it happened for me ;D Yes, yes, I am a child of Pokemon... *shrug*

Same here.

My friend introduced me to pokemon. From there it went to digimon, sailor moon, and Dragonball Z. Pretty soon I was renting and buying anime videos and DVDs and going to conventions.

As for the worst I've seen. That would have to be Ronan Warriors (so easy to make fun of) and Tekken (how could they do that to such a cool game). :(

artemis316
09-05-2002, 12:33 AM
The worst anime titles I can come up w/:

- Legend of the Galactic Heros (battle scenes w/ classical music??)
- Samurai Spirits (the first version...horrible...)
- Art of Fighting (choppy animation)
- Final Fantasy (WTF?!)
- Hyper-Doll (Anime set in the 70's?! 0_o)

Farfarello
09-16-2002, 05:14 PM
I never liked Pokemon or this other anime.... Landlocked I think it was called. Yuck, please no yaoi, I can't stand that stuff

katrinastrife
09-17-2002, 06:19 AM
I'm not the biggest DBZ fan cuz it's long and boring. they spend half the season "talking" about how their going to destroy each other but take like 10 episodes before they do anything about it.. I don't mind the characters just the story..

Well, DBZ got me into anime about 4 years ago, maybe before. But, I think that they could've pulled off DB, Z. and GT in about 52 episodes or so (with the movies, too!), if they'd shut up and fought instead of powering up and whatnot. The story has a chance, but they do it WAY too slowly... ><* And I agree, the art is meh. But, I kinda have a sentimental attachment to it, I guess... ^^*

And...

- Final Fantasy (WTF?!)

Which Final Fantasy? Legend of the Crystals? Well... Legend of the Crystals is CRAP because it's based on the CRAPPIEST of all the games. If they'd done an anime about 6 ... or even 4... it'd been better. And, if you're talking about Unlimited... it starts really meh, but I think it gets better after that...

Lemme see... "Perfect Blue" kinda sucked. It might as well have been hentai, or ecchi, but I didn't know that at the time. o.O Crappy... maybe I just didn't understand it.

"Lodoss Wars" is ok... ish. I can't seem to get through it all, because I always get distracted. ><* I guess it's that boring. And the OAV is WAY too diferent from the series.

Aside from that.... X was confusing, so I never got through that... Oh yeah, and at the top of my list--

VAMPIRE HUNTER D!!! OMG, I hate this series. TOO much talking (esp. Bloodlust.) I was even watching the DUB and trying to pay attention. Didn't work...

More later, time for dinner ^^

KuroBara
09-17-2002, 08:06 AM
>Hyper-Doll (Anime set in the 70's?! 0_o)

Wait, do you mean Hyper Dolls: Easy Fighters Mica & Mew?
That was terrible! I watched it at 3 am as a joke. It wasn't even a decent fanservice anime, which is what I think it was trying. Lots of cleavage.

Karrzor
09-17-2002, 11:57 AM
I would have to say the worst anime I have ever seen is Sexy Commando. It was just disturbing on so many levels, animated badly, annoying characters, and no discernable plot. OTher than that I would have to say like others DBZ, Pokemon, Digimon, DB, and Yu-gi-oh. Though I will admit some of the preceeding titles are what got me into anime.

:eek:

peacecraft
09-17-2002, 02:01 PM
But there's such a huge line between "What is the anime you hate the most" and "what is the worst anime ever". I mean, I can't think of a series I hated watching more than Fuushigi Yuugi, but I would never say that its one of the worst anime ever. By the same token, as much as people hate Eva, I don't think it can be reasonably argued that its is the worst anime ever. Not that I don't respect the oppinion of someone who says that they hate it. I mean, that's fine. But I guarantee you that if you pick any aspect of eva show that you consider was done "Worse" in a technical sense than any other anime ever made, I can find one that is worse.

Note, I am not a huge Eva fan myself. Yes, I liked it. No, I don't think it was "all that". But I certainly can't see where or in what sense it could be considered "The worst anime ever made". Its production values alone should elevate it above that. Even a show that's all fluff with good production values really shouldn't be in the running here.

Most of what I would consider "Worst anime ever" material would never have made it to the U.S. anyway.

Rosiel
09-17-2002, 02:23 PM
You may hate Bloodlust, but anyone putting that up as worst anime they have ever seen really need to show me their anime collection, because it would have to be full of world-class, perfect titles, and is there such a thing?

Now my opinion...

Often, reallyreally bad anime is better than just mediocre titles, because at least you get a laugh out of it.

In the mediocre category the prize goes to Lodoss War TV. The animation was horrible, looking like first generation 3D fighting games, the music was blah, the storyline was confusing and uninteresting, and it completely destroyed the characters you have learnt to love. It took me quite a few episodes to recognize Pirotess. X___X

I wonder if Lodoss TV was worst than Weiss Kreuz or about the same... mmmm worse, since WK made me giggle and I do recall an episode I liked.

Wait, no... the WORST is Ai no Kusabi.

Slideshow animation, ugly art, unappealing badly drawn fanservice, hilariously bad lines, men written like women from those corset-busting novels, no discernible plot or even personalities, no realistic character relationships... and, well, how can I take a big tall guy seriously when he refers to himself as a "Blondie"?

Truly the worst anime I have seen.
I never laughed so much in my life. ^____^

(Now just to show the difference, anime I hate with a passion hotter than a thousand suns: Golden Boy, Oh My Goddess and Evangelion. None of which I would be able to objectively say is the worst anime I have ever seen.)

> Most of what I would consider "Worst anime ever" material would never have made it to the U.S. anyway.

The question was "Worst anime you have ever SEEN" though, not "Worst anime EVER". =)

L to the 3rd
09-17-2002, 03:01 PM
the worst anime i saw was ''The sword for truth" or something.
I had to do a review for tokyopop back in the days..for it
and it was horrible. the samurai character designs was the only
thing that was alright.. there was like too much violence,
unessesary sex scenes that didn't make sense and no plot.

OMG..I hate Tamahome with a passion.. I even
cosplayed as Suboshi just to get my point across.
Hmm Fushigi yuugi in my opinion was really interesting.
..like a soap opera sorta.. ^_^

Ranma Saotome
09-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
I liked bastard...
Actually one of my favorite Anime.But it depends what tastes you have,I personally only watch it for Darshu~~~~~~ -^_^-

Hell yeah! :) Bastard!! was like the second anime I saw after Ranma 1/2 I think... Funny as hell.

Ranma Saotome
09-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by katrinastrife
VAMPIRE HUNTER D!!! OMG, I hate this series. TOO much talking (esp. Bloodlust.) I was even watching the DUB and trying to pay attention. Didn't work...

You do realize that there will be a horde of otakus knocking on your door wanting your head on a spike for that comment...

BTW... Anyone that says Guyver or Akira was a crap dub, will answer to me. *cocks shotgun*

L to the 3rd
09-17-2002, 03:12 PM
bubble gum crisis 2040 or whatever..was bad
too.. l
it can NEVER be like the original BGC..
sorry but they are like trying to milk it like how
Disney puts out Lil' mermaid 2 and crap.

Rosiel
09-17-2002, 03:26 PM
> TOO much talking (esp. Bloodlust.) I was even watching the DUB and trying to pay attention. Didn't work...

BTW there is no "dub", Bloodlust was originally done with English dialogue (like Blood). I saw it SUBBED IN JAPANESE the first time around. LOL And it took me about 1/2 hour before I realized I was reading Japanese instead of listening to English.

Ranma Saotome
09-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
bubble gum crisis 2040 or whatever..was bad
too.. l
it can NEVER be like the original BGC..
sorry but they are like trying to milk it like how
Disney puts out Lil' mermaid 2 and crap.

Oy!

BGC 2040 was awesome! It wasn't supposed to be like the original BGC, or haven't you not noticed? :) Basically, this was a brand new BGC basically. And that's good. :)

I don't see anyone mocking the various remakes of Speed Racer.

Kellie
09-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome

You do realize that there will be a horde of otakus knocking on your door wanting your head on a spike for that comment...

BTW... Anyone that says Guyver or Akira was a crap dub, will answer to me. *cocks shotgun*

^^;; A-Anou...I watched Akira. In fact, I watched it about 3 or so times hoping that maybe I would start to like it. But, to no avail, I still don't like the anime. Just...didn't catch my attention. Maybe I'll have to watch it again since I'm older. I did watch it when I was about..oh..13 or so. Maybe it was 12. Not sure.

Ranma Saotome
09-18-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by cherii chan

^^;; A-Anou...I watched Akira. In fact, I watched it about 3 or so times hoping that maybe I would start to like it. But, to no avail, I still don't like the anime. Just...didn't catch my attention. Maybe I'll have to watch it again since I'm older. I did watch it when I was about..oh..13 or so. Maybe it was 12. Not sure.

For that you are forgiven. :)

L to the 3rd
09-18-2002, 02:37 AM
I did the review for tokyopop magazine
back in the days.. (BGC 2040) and
it bored me.. plus the CG did not go w/ the
flat 2-d either..

Foxwolfe
09-18-2002, 02:38 AM
I love how after buying the newly done akira after it came out at suncoast for 24 bucks (which is a good price as you all know for that dvd whore house) I see the special edition the next day or whatever at best buy for 23... lucky me heh.

As far as worst anime, from what I have seen so far I would have to say craptaro, why its in the toonami block is beyond me.

katrinastrife
09-18-2002, 06:11 AM
You may hate Bloodlust, but anyone putting that up as worst anime they have ever seen really need to show me their anime collection, because it would have to be full of world-class, perfect titles, and is there such a thing?

OK, OK, it's not the worst. Sorry--I just really didn't get it.... They originally did it in English o.O ><*

Lemme see... The actual worse series I've seen? *ponders*

As far as worst anime, from what I have seen so far I would have to say craptaro, why its in the toonami block is beyond me.

OMG, I tried to watch it in Japan... it hurts my head-- I think the japanese voices are worse than any english dub I've heard. It hurts my head SO much!!!

OH YEAH-- Um, I can't define a definite worst... I wasn't too hot about Weiss Kreuz (i think I saw the original series.) The animation was meh, the music sounded terrible. But such nice character design...

*ponders*

I've seen some stuff really late at night on the Sci Fi channel way back when that was pretty bad. But I never remember what it's called.

I didn't like Ghost in the Shell at all. The story didn't make sense to me... o.O...

Nietsche
09-18-2002, 07:09 AM
> TOO much talking (esp. Bloodlust.) I was even watching the DUB and trying to pay attention. Didn't work...

Actually it weird how the American dub has so much MORE talking than original japanese (just VH D not bloodlust) ie a lot of offcamera talking where the japanese would have just mood music-my friends assume it's because the general American public gets bored at these musical interludes and may switch off...

BTW there is no "dub", Bloodlust was originally done with English dialogue (like Blood)

I have heard rumours that there was an original japanese dub done after the US dub but it was shown like once and has since vanished....I have no idea if this is true!

Oh..and BloodLust has one of the worst closing lines ever!!
Stupid hand! "You're not so bad..you just dress bad..." Argghh!!!
How could they close on that line?

Rosiel
09-18-2002, 10:37 AM
> Stupid hand! "You're not so bad..you just dress bad..." Argghh!!! How could they close on that line?

I have to admit it ruined the mood of the movie for me. They should have just let him ride into the sunset SILENTLY.

LOL

aeva
09-18-2002, 03:08 PM
For me? Ghost in the Shell. I've been trying to watch it for the past who-knows-when. It just doesn't keep my attention at all. Arg. And I also have a personal grudge against Dragonball. But that's just an Aeva thing.

@Oshi: Yesh!! Horray for the Pokťmon children! XD That's how I was hooked... followed by a long-lasting Digimon addiction....

Ranma Saotome
09-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Well as for Ghost in the Shell... If you can understand Akira, GITS ain't that hard. :D

Aurora
09-19-2002, 12:13 AM
lets see here...animes i want to shove in the blender are..

ah! my goddess
evangelion
dragonball z
sailormoon (r was good, s and supers are NO's)
pokemon (only b/c its ash/pikachu which I cant stand!)
sonic the hedgehog (the sub was GREAT, but Im adding this only b/c the dub was hard on the ears!)
metropolis (I LOVE the BG's...but that's about it)
yuyu hasuko (is that how you spell it? o.o)
Fuushi Yugi (Is that how you spell it too? o.o)

Spammit....any of those girly animes...umm...magic knight rayearth (even though Lex Lang did a lot of voices for it!!).. CCS (except for Eriol, I like him!)..etc..

Okay, I will shut up now XD

Ranma Saotome
09-19-2002, 12:52 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho. The dub is tolerable.

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 12:52 AM
ART OF FIGHTING....WORST ANIME EVER blech =O~~~~~~~~~

Ranma Saotome
09-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Tohshinden was better than AOF.

XxNANA_AYUxX
09-19-2002, 08:59 AM
Tekken... omg....

Ranma Saotome
09-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Okay, subbed Tekken was good. Dubbed Tekken was another SF:TAM wannabe.

Xeno
09-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Anyone seen Lain? 'nuff said

Ranma Saotome
09-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Xeno
Anyone seen Lain? 'nuff said

Lain doesn't count.

John Booty
09-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Game-to-anime translations always seem to produce the worst crap. Toshinden, Street Fighter, Dark Stalkers, Tekken.... blech! I've heard Panzer Dragoon and Virtua Fighter are like THE worst ever, but I don't hate myself enough to sit through that for even one minute. ^_^

Other contenders for worst... hmmm, I saw Metropolis listed on here... that pretty much sucked. And it loses extra points since it was so heavily promoted over here in the U.S. Although, I *really* liked the music they picked when everything was blowing up at the end. SMJ, I actually liked quite a bit (but good lord, the dub is possibly the worst thing I've ever heard) and I liked FY too.

I wonder how many FY-haters saw the dubbed version? I imagine that to be QUITE awful!

Oh yeah: Legend of Crystania. So, so crappy and generic. I couldn't watch more than the first 30 minutes or so before I wanted to kill myself and the people who sold it to me. The Emereldas OVA that came out a few years ago in the U.S.

Also, somebody mentioned Sexy Commando, which I thought was AMAZING. It's so bizzarre and random. You'd have to like that sort of humor. The animation's terrible but for this sort of anime, I don't think that's a negative.

I disliked Akira for years and years since 1992 or whenever it was first released here. After seeing the re-released version, though, I thought it was pretty good. The translation is better or something; it makes more sense. Reading the manga may have helped a bit, too, but then again the plots aren't all that related.

John Booty
09-21-2002, 07:15 PM
Also, if you're saying you hated something... you should say which language you watched it in, and/or if you saw the edited Cartoon Network version!

I can see why a lot people dislike Evangelion, but I think it's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in any medium.

Demented Otaku
09-21-2002, 07:41 PM
I agree with most of you the Tekken anime was one of the crappiest ever. Being a big fan of the game, I was interested in picking it up. But no research was done at all for the anime, or so it seems. King, Paul, and Yoshi were in it for like what... two seconds? The fights were boring as hell, where did Kazuyas lightning go?And invisible dinosaurs... WTF? I don't remember any invisible dinosaurs out of the four Tekken games. And the art... Kazuya looks some recycled DBZ character, and ugly doesn't even begin to describe the way they drew Lee. The backrounds... I've seen better in second-rate bishoujo games. Another thing, Kazuya wears a purple suit, not Lee! Play the game before you base an anime on it! So in my book, Tekken is the worst anime I've ever seen and ever produced. I think many others would agree.

Other anime horrors include: Angel Santuary, Battle Arena Toshinden ( game was bad too ) Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, Dragon Half, Blood the Last Vampire, 3x3 Eyes, Candidate for Goddess.

Ranma Saotome
09-22-2002, 12:12 AM
You are demented if you think 3x3 Eyes and Blood the Last Vampire was horrible.

John Booty
09-22-2002, 01:24 AM
I thought Blood was very unsatisfying since it was so short, and it was basically style over substance, but it was still kinda fun. I don't think it was necessarily *terrible* or anything.

Foxwolfe
09-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Oh well everyones got theyre own opinions, and a friend of mine was prolly one of the worst at having retarded justifications for his opinions, wanted to hit him alot.

Like without even watching cowboy bebop he disliked it for the reason that it wasnt unrealistic enough... right. And he likes macross, but doesnt like gundam at all, and his reason for this, is that the gundams dont transform like in macross... wheres that baseball bat? I mean, he didnt even bother watching though the different series or whatnot.

Keurblitz
09-22-2002, 07:40 AM
worst anime? IT has to be "boys be" and "to heart"
I'm pretty much okay with everything else

Karasu
09-25-2002, 11:06 PM
Quoted form Dememnted Otaku:

Well, they only made three episodes of Angel Sanctuary. Plus the mangas are a WHOLE lot better.

Worst Anime: Soul Taker (even the opening theme was dumb!)

Worst animation: Weiss Kreuz. The animation was CRAP! The story was so-so, the guys (at least Aya & Ken) are good looking, but the actual animation is crap with ketsup on the side. >< Feh!

Worst Character: Miaka. (FY) *shoves her out a 50 story window* Ooops. ¨.¨'

killua
09-26-2002, 03:58 AM
I don't really care for CHOBITS.

KuroBara
09-26-2002, 07:57 AM
Dear lord, did they ever screw up the FY dub. Why does Miaka sound like she's 40? And Hotohori is suddenly British, because imperial China did have English emperors. As Chichiri would say, you know?

>_<

dianannsano
09-28-2002, 12:26 AM
Just to let everyone who hates Samurai Spirits Showdown. I really didn't like it much either. But just to let you know, I'm going as Nakoruru for AX 2003 because I think she's very pretty. Nothing more.

Ranma Saotome
09-28-2002, 02:04 AM
The OAVs was much better...

Jibrille
09-29-2002, 12:31 PM
i take back almost all bad things i've said about other anime because of what i just watched last night...
ok.... this... i dont even know how to begin to describe how bad it is. its is honestly the WORST thing i have EVER seen EVER EVER.

its called Apocalypse Zero.

i just... it was so... i honestly hope no one else has ever seen it and no one ever will.
i am scared for life and am planning the death of the friend who showed it to me.

the only way to describe it is
'what...the...#(!*@*#*@!*#$&^#*&@^#'
and
'......'

diqitaldreams
09-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Worst anime...

X- The Movie:
I love CLAMP but that was too much of the story cramped into a few minutes of animation. @_@;; .. I hated it because everyone like died...and all at once -- Kamui did this stupid thing that instantly made him the hero...but was so much of a fruit at it. I hated how he cried. e_e instead of feeling sad...I laughed.

kyuuketsuki
11-25-2002, 05:45 PM
> Stupid hand! "You're not so bad..you just dress bad..." Argghh!!! How could they close on that line?

I have to admit it ruined the mood of the movie for me. They should have just let him ride into the sunset SILENTLY.

Amen to that rosiel-sama...i think he should have jus ridden silently...i mean yeah, hand=comic relief sometimes...but the closing line????

okies...my least fav animes ever seen...

hate to be redundant but DB, DBZ, and DBGT....i mean come on....'i'm gonna detroy you','no, i'm gonna destroy you'....blah blah blah....it just doesn't charm me
DBZ in a nutshell (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=31681)

i disliked X the movie only because of the redundant dying and the fact that the manga was so much better...the movie doesn't hold a candle to the manga

there's a couple of the Gundam series' that i'm not to fond of...like Mobile Suit Gundam and G Gundam

Fushigi Yugi's okay...miaka is annoying and i do want to starnge her....many times....and tamahomo...oops, tamahome, is a nerd

i think that's the end of my list, for now, til i see more

kyuuketsuki ^^

psythe
11-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Armageddon....oi that was bad.

nails
11-25-2002, 06:40 PM
Shin Megami Tensai... without even thinking was the worst anime I have ever seen. I know that Star Ocean EX did not have a very big budget, but man they pulled off an awsome story reguardless. Shin Megami Tensai is like another card/collector anime series (kinda old) but the animation is extreamly cheap and half fast. The story kept me nodding off, and I had to put toothpicks in my eyes to stay awake. I was very dissapointed.

Ranma Saotome
11-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
Armageddon....oi that was bad.

[Cheap Shot]
That's because it was Korean.
[/Cheap Shot]

I know that was so wrong of me... :D

Eurobeat King
11-25-2002, 10:09 PM
I remember some of the worst anime came from a few years ago, when I rented them (off of LD's) and they were: Explorer Woman Rane(?), Dog Soldiers, Harmageddon (i think that's the one that psyth3 is referring to), the Ultimate Teacher, and others. Other bad ones included Appleseed & RG Veda (manga was a LOT better!) Blue Seed 2 (saw 1 ep. and ADV (and others) were SMART not to pick it up. :p ) Sword for Truth (Ninja-scroll wanna-be) and Eat-Man. Video-game anime's that were bad were: both Samurai-Showdown OVA's (2nd one could've been a lot better), Tekken, Virtua Fighter tv.

My favorite anime, of course, is Initial D. :skidude2: HOWEVER, if the rumors are true in that when it's released, that it'll be only English-dubbed, the names are changed (e.g. Takumi is called Tak), and the Super Eurobeat music during the races are changed to RAP music, then that will be another anime killed due to companies making an anime series "more for the American audiences.." :devil:

Ranma Saotome
11-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
My favorite anime, of course, is Initial D. :skidude2: HOWEVER, if the rumors are true in that when it's released, that it'll be only English-dubbed, the names are changed (e.g. Takumi is called Tak), and the Super Eurobeat music during the races are changed to RAP music, then that will be another anime killed due to companies making an anime series "more for the American audiences.." :devil:

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Tekken: The Movie

Oh yeah there's room. Yo Studmaster, fill him in!

avagoyle
11-26-2002, 12:00 AM
[Cheap Shot]
[/Cheap Shot]

:P too bad a lot of anime is produced in korea because they are better animators than the japanese :P

worst anime... almost all of it. :P

Umi
11-26-2002, 12:13 AM
dunno what i hate really cause I limited anime viewing means highly selective choices.

But the biggest let down was Ayashi no Ceres.... started off promising and interesting and diminished to me getting pissed off about the stupid relationship blunders. I stopped watching around episode 17... I just couldn't force myself any longer. Good think i was watching the subs at the time, I'd die if I spent any money on it x_x

Ranma Saotome
11-26-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by avagoyle
:P too bad a lot of anime is produced in korea because they are better animators than the japanese :P

worst anime... almost all of it. :P

Obviously, you never saw the Korean hackjob of DBZ. >.<

KaineMaxwell
11-26-2002, 06:42 AM
Tenchi in Tokyo.

Daala
11-26-2002, 06:52 AM
On the top of my list is Tekken, The Movie ..Crap Crap.. and Crap!

and I saw some strange "power rangers" type anime on the Int'l Channel once that was really bad! Never did get the name of it.

Magic Users club (yuck!), and Street Fighter 2 the show...uhg!

Hungryjack
11-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Go Nagai's Devilman

Well, most of what sucked about it was the translation, but we forced our anime club to pull the movie and show something else.

psythe
11-26-2002, 09:07 AM
[Cheap Shot]
[/Cheap Shot]

LOL, are you serious? I had no clue. That was indeed wrong of you! :thumbsup:

Morbius
11-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Lain doesn't count.

Faints. Lain doesn't count? What does that mean? Was it to much to process for yer brain. ^^;;;;;

hehe

Nemui Yume
11-26-2002, 09:30 AM
Tenchi Muyo not the first one that ever came out the 13 OAV series, the really pointless Tenchi's Universe... x.x;; that was awful long and annoying to a point if your gonna watch it i reccomend the short 13 OAV one ^.^ or was it an OAV? baah i don't remember.. but Tenchi in Tokyo had a meangingful plot i think? ^.^;; it's been a long time since i watched it.

Samurai Showdown wasen't that bad! haha you gotta love laughing how horrible they pronouced Hao-Maru! XD XD XD oh okie it was bad, but i love Samurai Showdown (game itself) and the lil' Nakoruru appearance! but if you watched the second OAV you noticed it's Aoi Nanase's art influenced! yay so Nakoruru was in that second one a lot but prettie short.. ^.^;; so i'm kinda okie

X movie was bad... hehe people were dying left and right you had to understand the manga i suppose before you watched it, but it was pretty.. ^.^ the death scenes were nice ^.^;; sadly to say they animated decently for CLAMP's designs

is soul taker that bad? i was wanting to see it X.x;;; hehe i guess i shouldn't afterall everyone here didn't like it ^.^ ;;;

Street Fighter was really bad, not the movie but the horrible TV series with Ryu/Ken ^.^;; yeah it was cheesy tastic-

Initial D was okie, just another anime to look at and say "it's cool" or not i think it's my okie level most people won't like it cuz it's an anime about "cars" XD but wait till you see the one that will be on TV here in the US then you'll hate it.

**shocku** at Nadeshiko's comment about Mboy hehe it's okie if you don't like it or not i thought it was the best thing i've watched cuz i like the shoujou anime ^.^;;

Chobits is tooooo cute, yeah it's an anime you can only watch ONCE and never want to watch it again, that's how i feel, but i think it's cute ^_^ but i don't think i like it that much. It's another CLAMP affect. it's like fanservice~

Inu Yasha- i don't like it that much i don't know Takahashi's stuff isn't really great... *i think i'm gonna be flamed now* i think IY is a lil serious spot for me but i know it has it's funny moments, but i don't know.. it's probably just me. i guess watching Maison Ikkoku and Ranma the change for Rumiko's stuff is kinda iffy to me. Then now i think of it, Mermaid's Tear was really freaky stuff well i remember watching that when i was like 12? so i guess Rumiko does do the shounen style.

about FY- yes i got sick of it after episode.... uh 10? but there were bishies that still made me watch it~ so i stuck with it and i don't want to watch Eikouden... x.x;; if you don't know what that is, it's the newest OAV to FY poor Watase she should just let the series rest. FY had catchy OP/ED songs so i guess you either hated it or you liked it- but the manga is nice to have since Yuu Watase has a great style. The dubbed version makes you wanna shot yourself.. x.x;;

hehe wonders why people hated the Sailor Moon/DBZ? cuz it's on US TV i think you guys would of loved it when it wasen't on TV like it is now. Some people started off with those anime titles which i think it's good for people to know a lil' bit of anime- It brings back memories cuz i used to watch them all in another language~ it's just amusing to see it as it is now, now there's more anime on TV then there used to be.

Akizukin Cha Cha- why this? okie can you really go through the whole series looking at that transformation like a billion times? after the 20th episode i couldn't watch it anymore... it was really bad, other than that it was LOOOooOOooONG

White Cross/Wiess Kurez- i thought the ending was total BS hahaha i was like "that's it??" i can't believe they were assasins and there was no blood when they killed people.. come on.. that's horrible now. the ending confused me utterly-

but a list goes to for me how bad some titles can be without an explination::

Gundam Wing/X/G
Big O
Da Da Da~
Aika
Prettie Sammi
Bakurestu Hunter
Houshin Engi
AD Police
Nurse Nanako
Appleseed
Clamp Campus Detectives

there's probably more but i'll think i'll end it.

~Stella~

Ranma Saotome
11-26-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
LOL, are you serious? I had no clue. That was indeed wrong of you! :thumbsup:

Thank you! :D

<-- Equal Opportunity Insulter. ;)

Ranma Saotome
11-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Morbius
Was it to much to process for yer brain. ^^;;;;;

hehe

Yes, as well as the other thousands of otakus who have watched it. :D

avagoyle
11-26-2002, 01:40 PM
Obviously, you never saw the Korean hackjob of DBZ. >.<

but i have seen macross plus, the escaflowne movie, etc :P

Bell-chan
11-26-2002, 01:50 PM
@_@ there are just so many that I agree with....I don't remember which people I was going to quote...

But...I believe Digimon was created before Pokemon. It was released in America after it though, which brings us to believe that it was a ripoff of Pokemon. And in my opinion, they both suck @_@ along with any other anime series in which you fight with little monsters you train...such as Yugioh, Monster Rancher... though it was an "ok" game, it's ...well...boring... to make a series like that. >_< gahhh...

I dislike Dragonball...all of it...I literally would scream because of the episode lengths that had hardly any story progression. Yes...and the whole "I'm going to destroy you! - No! I'm going to destroy you! - Grrrr! - Grrrr! - Grrrr! " -_- was quite monotonous and annoying...If it was much shorter..I think it would be more enjoyable, since you wouldn't have to take a year to watch all of it (exaggeration.....)

Although I haven't seen all of Evangelion, people have sadly spoiled it for me, and it doesn't seem too good, compared to the manga. Supposedly the director was pissed off about life and decided not to do it like the manga just to piss off everyone else. -_-

I don't hate Fushigi Yugi, the manga was cute. True, Miaka was stupid... very stupid, but I still continued reading it @_@ She didn't seem as annoying as everyone makes her to be in the manga..

I'd be hypocritical to say I disliked Oh My Goddess!, (which, by the way, is not what I'm saying), I just think it would have been better if it were more like the manga. I believe the manga is undeniably better since there is more character and plot development.

Koumori
11-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Weiss Kreuz. Such a disappointment. It *could* have been so good.

Dragonball bores me.

Fushigi Yuugi I actually started to find really unpleasant to watch, though I wouldn't go so far as to say actually *offensive*, toward the middle third, and really rather boring and repetitive during the middle and last 2/3.

Miyu
11-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Venus 5. Dubbed. That is all.

Ranma Saotome
11-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Avagoyle: You win on that one.

Bell-chan: If I'm not mistaken... I think it started with Bandai's Tamagotchi anime... I think it was just a movie. Then came Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher in that order in Japan. ^^

Miyu: Is it better or worse that dubber Lady Blue?

Babbit_Chan
11-26-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Nemui Yume
Tenchi Muyo not the first one that ever came out the 13 OAV series, the really pointless Tenchi's Universe... x.x;; that was awful long and annoying to a point if your gonna watch it i reccomend the short 13 OAV one ^.^ or was it an OAV? baah i don't remember.. but Tenchi in Tokyo had a meangingful plot i think? ^.^;; it's been a long time since i watched it.

Samurai Showdown wasen't that bad! haha you gotta love laughing how horrible they pronouced Hao-Maru! XD XD XD oh okie it was bad, but i love Samurai Showdown (game itself) and the lil' Nakoruru appearance! but if you watched the second OAV you noticed it's Aoi Nanase's art influenced! yay so Nakoruru was in that second one a lot but prettie short.. ^.^;; so i'm kinda okie

X movie was bad... hehe people were dying left and right you had to understand the manga i suppose before you watched it, but it was pretty.. ^.^ the death scenes were nice ^.^;; sadly to say they animated decently for CLAMP's designs

is soul taker that bad? i was wanting to see it X.x;;; hehe i guess i shouldn't afterall everyone here didn't like it ^.^ ;;;

Street Fighter was really bad, not the movie but the horrible TV series with Ryu/Ken ^.^;; yeah it was cheesy tastic-

Initial D was okie, just another anime to look at and say "it's cool" or not i think it's my okie level most people won't like it cuz it's an anime about "cars" XD but wait till you see the one that will be on TV here in the US then you'll hate it.

**shocku** at Nadeshiko's comment about Mboy hehe it's okie if you don't like it or not i thought it was the best thing i've watched cuz i like the shoujou anime ^.^;;

Chobits is tooooo cute, yeah it's an anime you can only watch ONCE and never want to watch it again, that's how i feel, but i think it's cute ^_^ but i don't think i like it that much. It's another CLAMP affect. it's like fanservice~

Inu Yasha- i don't like it that much i don't know Takahashi's stuff isn't really great... *i think i'm gonna be flamed now* i think IY is a lil serious spot for me but i know it has it's funny moments, but i don't know.. it's probably just me. i guess watching Maison Ikkoku and Ranma the change for Rumiko's stuff is kinda iffy to me. Then now i think of it, Mermaid's Tear was really freaky stuff well i remember watching that when i was like 12? so i guess Rumiko does do the shounen style.

about FY- yes i got sick of it after episode.... uh 10? but there were bishies that still made me watch it~ so i stuck with it and i don't want to watch Eikouden... x.x;; if you don't know what that is, it's the newest OAV to FY poor Watase she should just let the series rest. FY had catchy OP/ED songs so i guess you either hated it or you liked it- but the manga is nice to have since Yuu Watase has a great style. The dubbed version makes you wanna shot yourself.. x.x;;

hehe wonders why people hated the Sailor Moon/DBZ? cuz it's on US TV i think you guys would of loved it when it wasen't on TV like it is now. Some people started off with those anime titles which i think it's good for people to know a lil' bit of anime- It brings back memories cuz i used to watch them all in another language~ it's just amusing to see it as it is now, now there's more anime on TV then there used to be.

Akizukin Cha Cha- why this? okie can you really go through the whole series looking at that transformation like a billion times? after the 20th episode i couldn't watch it anymore... it was really bad, other than that it was LOOOooOOooONG

White Cross/Wiess Kurez- i thought the ending was total BS hahaha i was like "that's it??" i can't believe they were assasins and there was no blood when they killed people.. come on.. that's horrible now. the ending confused me utterly-

but a list goes to for me how bad some titles can be without an explination::

Gundam Wing/X/G
Big O
Da Da Da~
Aika
Prettie Sammi
Bakurestu Hunter
Houshin Engi
AD Police
Nurse Nanako
Appleseed
Clamp Campus Detectives

there's probably more but i'll think i'll end it.

~Stella~

The X movie DID suck, but I can't agree with you on Gundam Wing being one of the worst anime out there.

KnuxieChan
11-26-2002, 02:52 PM
Now and then. Here and There. I hated it. Too dark. >/ Annoying voice actors too (We watched the sub) *hates Lala Ru*All her fault for getting Sara-chan raped ;.;..

KANEDA
11-26-2002, 03:32 PM
Mad Bull 34 and Violence Jack

Morbius
11-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bell-chan
Although I haven't seen all of Evangelion, people have sadly spoiled it for me, and it doesn't seem too good, compared to the manga. Supposedly the director was pissed off about life and decided not to do it like the manga just to piss off everyone else. -_-

As far as my knowledge goes the Evangelion Manga was made after the Anime and is still in production. The character designer (Sadamoto) for Eva I guess liked the story and characters so much he wanted to retell the story his way. And I think it's his first true Manga as well. Can someone confirm or deny this?

Tenjou
11-26-2002, 04:04 PM
I remember there being a "weirdest anime you've ever seen" thread. I said Oh! Super Milk-chan was mine. I think it's the worst I've seen too. It's funny, but it's weird and scary and not that great.

I have to agree with some of you on DBZ. It just seems to repeat itself again and again.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
11-27-2002, 11:24 AM
I really don't know.......hmm......Dragonball wuz.....well corney! DBZ...they spent too much time talking and not enough time fighting....but my friend A.G. likes it...BUT, i don't think i've seen ENOUGH to really say. Tokyo Pig is just too stupid. [if it's an anime...i think it is] I don't like Medabots animation...and there really isn't a plot. What was the whole deal with that Dinozaurs anime? I mean, yuck! I LOVE DIGIMON AND POKEMON! Don't know why. Maybe becasue they're what started me into likeing anime so i'll forever love them for that. I played the Pokemon game then i learned that it had a cartoon. Of course i watched it! THAT'S when i learned it was from Japan so i came online and typed in Japanese Cartoons. That's when i learned it was called Anime! And the rest is history.

Radical Urd
11-27-2002, 12:38 PM
I don't know if this counts but the worst hentai is Bible Black and La Blue Girl. But as for anime the first Final Fantasy anime, TEKKAN WORST EVER!!!, Green Legend Ran, most 80's anime, Sailor Moon dub, Dragon Ball Z dub, and if i think of more i'll tell ya.

Ranma Saotome
11-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Radical Urd
most 80's anime

I will spread you to the four winds if you even count Voltron and Thundercats. :D

3-D
11-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Apocalypse Zero and Big Wars are TRULY some horrid anime. Oh yeah, and Gundress. What a steaming pile of shiite.

KnuxieChan
11-27-2002, 02:58 PM
>its called Apocalypse Zero.

The one with the naked nurse with big boobs and the scary lady with big lips? Haven't seen it but the package scares me.

Umi
11-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Daala
[and I saw some strange "power rangers" type anime on the Int'l Channel once that was really bad! Never did get the name of it.

Were they business people instead of highschoolers? If so that was Shinesman. I saw that on the international channel too. I only caught a little bit of it tho' while it wasn't all that entertaining I just find that show hilarious for the concept alone.

Right after Shinesman they showed some 80'sish Miami Vice inspired detective who sang at a night club... (i think).... now THAT seemed like a bad anime o.O

3-D
11-27-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Shippo87
>its called Apocalypse Zero.

The one with the naked nurse with big boobs and the scary lady with big lips? Haven't seen it but the package scares me.
That's the one. "DOUBLE BIG BOOB BOMB!" *shudder* I've not been right since watching that horrible thing. *twitch* *convulse* *froth at the mouth*

cutekawaii
11-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Medellia
The X movie was totally horrible, and I think that's true even of the original, cuz they didn't bother to explain the plot, and the head severing was a bit much. When the X movie came out, only book 2 of the manga was released...so they kinda had to make things up.....they shoulda just waited. But the series is great, my favorite ^^ Even though that didn't wait either o_O Two more books left....

I CANT STAND LOVE HINA! I think it's the stupidest thing in the world. EVER.

I also don't like Yu-gi-oh. I remeber when it was a new manga (in Japan) and I picked it up and was ...whats the word...horrified? disgusted? Anyway, I hated it. After researching it, I found that people in Japan hated it. Then it became and anime a few years later. When I saw the preview on TV I was like, "Isn't that that crappy manga I read?" ~_~

I also don't like Pilot Candidate for Goddess and Zoids. What the hell are those supposed to be? x-x Pilot Candidate seems like it's trying to be 6 genres in one. Don't like it.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-27-2002, 04:44 PM
well for me:
The FY OAV's<---they milked the series to it's death

Tekken The Movie: WTF?

DBZ after the Cell Game(they should've left it alone by that point)

Sailor Moon<--after S, it went downhill

Pokemon, Digimon after season 2, Mon Colle Knights, Flint The Time Detective,Hamtaro, BeyBlade, Transformers: Armada, SMJ, and the dubbed Gundam Movies(Thank god for subbed DVD)

I think I will post some more later

Tenjou
11-27-2002, 06:46 PM
I like the BeyBlade character Mariah. She's cool! Other than that BeyBlade's yeh, bleh, and boring.

Studmaster
11-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by cutekawaii
I CANT STAND LOVE HINA! I think it's the stupidest thing in the world. EVER.

I also don't like Yu-gi-oh. I remeber when it was a new manga (in Japan) and I picked it up and was ...whats the word...horrified? disgusted? Anyway, I hated it. After researching it, I found that people in Japan hated it. Then it became and anime a few years later. When I saw the preview on TV I was like, "Isn't that that crappy manga I read?" ~_~

I also don't like Pilot Candidate for Goddess and Zoids. What the hell are those supposed to be? x-x Pilot Candidate seems like it's trying to be 6 genres in one. Don't like it.

Yes!! YES!!! Love Hina is ass as an Anime. They took all the plot, the story and charcterization that made the Manga pretty damn good, and traded it in for badly done humor, and Keitaro getting punched every episode as it's highlights. I have Disc 1 and the Box....Wasted Cash.

Yugioh....Just No...This only gets watched.....never.

And as for the other two. Zoids isn't that bad IMO, but Pilot Candidate one of the worst things I've ever seen on Television.

I might as well this little nugget.

Sonic the Hedgehog (The Anime)

Ranma Saotome
11-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Yes!! YES!!! Love Hina is ass as an Anime. They took all the plot, the story and charcterization that made the Manga pretty damn good, and traded it in for badly done humor, and Keitaro getting punched every episode as it's highlights. I have Disc 1 and the Box....Wasted Cash.

I'll buy it off of you for 10 bucks.

Arashi
11-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, the worst anime I've seen for myself is Miyuki-chan in Wonderland....it was just downright creepy and I couldn't even sit through all of it. I erased over it afterwards. I didn't even buy the anime because I was curious, some guy gave that and more anime tapes to me because he knew I liked anime.
I didn't care for any of the Tenchi series either...it just never really appealed to me at all.
Oh, and Urotsukidoji. It's disgusting hentai at its best. I had to cover my eyes throughout most of it but my boyfriend at the time was just laughing at it and didn't want to turn it off, even when I asked him to. So I ended up leaving the room all together. -_-;;;

Madmann
11-28-2002, 04:17 PM
Utena is the Worst ever *ahhh the flowers!*

HeXuS
12-05-2002, 01:43 PM
hehe, i refuse to watch kenshin because i think the themesong is stupid, and i think hes a wuss (spelling?) for flipping his sword around so he cant kill anyone. i know nothing about the story, except what i just said but im still not gonna watch it. X_X

Ranma Saotome
12-05-2002, 02:41 PM
HeXuS, that was so weak. :D

Arc_The_Lad
12-05-2002, 02:53 PM
I never liked Sailor Moon. Every fight looks the same as the last one, and the theme for the enemy too. (spoiled fruit and vegetable monster?)

Scrapps
12-05-2002, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I have dumb reasons for not liking a certain anime, so instead of worst ever seen, I'll go with "Not my Cup of Tea"

DBZ (although it *is* playing on my tv right now....)
FLCL : so many people like this...yet I can't get past the first episode.
Blood: What did they do with the beginning and end?! it was just the middle.
Boys Be, To Heart...etc Do I really need to explain
VHD:bloodlust :the only redeeming quality it had was Micheal McShane as the voice of the hand.
I'm sure there is more...

On another note: for all FY haters....even the FY lovers hate Miaka. You can only break up and get back together so many times!
I *loved* Metropolis...maybe because I'm a sucker for *real* cartoons....ie popeye, betty boop....Not your traditional style for anime...but I loved it nonetheless.
I've never seen the Utena movie...but someone told me that originally the creators wanted Utena to be a pseudo-mecha type anime with cars and stuff. So the car thing at the end isn't *that* weird when you think of it like that.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER...BUT NOT REALLY*
As much as I love .hack//SIGN I think the relationship between Tsukasa and Subaru is a bit rushed. It's obvious they will have some kind of romantic relationship from the closing...but sheesh! It was like the creators like "well its *so* obvious they will get together...they only need to meet twice before they are in love!"

Morrissey
12-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Art of Fighting, Tekken and Birdy the Mighty. Horrible crap. Glad these titles weren't around wjen I first started watching anime or I would have never watched it again.

Ranma Saotome
12-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Morrissey, you forgot Street Fighter:TAM and Street Fighter V.

Sion
12-05-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by HeXuS
hehe, i refuse to watch kenshin because i think the themesong is stupid, and i think hes a wuss (spelling?) for flipping his sword around so he cant kill anyone. i know nothing about the story, except what i just said but im still not gonna watch it. X_X

HAH!!! Have you ever seen the OVA of Kenshin? Where it tells the story about when he was the Battousai? I'm gonna forget you said anything. BTW the series version of Kenshin ((what I call it anyway)) the comical one, is not very good in my opinion. The OVA made me love Kenshin, people say its too bloody but who cares lol XD! And Tomoe > Kaoru by far. The whole reverse bladed katana and oro thing (even though the Oro is always great) just made me look at the two versions of Kenshin, and say "They are not the same person." OVA all the way.

And how can anyone hate Medabots!?!?!?! It's frikkin hilarious XD! I laugh so hard at the total stereotypical designs for the characters from other countries. The episode with the Canadian kicked a$$, no matter how sterotyped it was. And I'm Canadian gwahaha.

Worst anime in my opinion so far though is Sailor Moon. If Usagi wasn't in it it might actually be good, but nooooooo they make the main character the most annoying character possible. Gwah.

Eriku-san

Carmila
12-05-2002, 08:58 PM
In an acronim:
DBZ

penultimate03
12-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Not my Cup of Tea Anime = DBZ
gomen, public >_<

I like Fushigi Yuugi, but Miaka does get annoying. Sometimes I think she's too...girly.

KoR - I'm not saying that it's bad, but it never impressed me and never caught my attention for very long.

there was Elf Princess Raine. Again, I'm not saying that it's bad, but it was so horribly RANDOM, I laughed my butt off the entire time at the randomness

HeXuS
03-16-2003, 05:53 PM
hehe, i still dont care, i refuse to watch it. :devil: i love being difficult

:skidude: doc brown abides

Viral Harvest
03-16-2003, 09:30 PM
I'm going to get flamed to a crisp for this one, but the only thing good about Gundam Wing is Endless Waltz. I just found the series so boring. I just think it's way over-rated as a series and an anime, there's my two cents.

Kia
03-17-2003, 05:59 PM
lol, I agree w/ Viral Harvest, I've never been a fan of Gundam Wing.
Anyways, the anime *I* personally hate - this obscure show called Z-mind. Two years ago I was intorduced to this at a con. They put in it the main theatre and actually filled up half of it. Not only was the quality of this particular tape *really* bad (it was like a bootleg of a bootleg!) About 15min into the show there were only enough prople to fill up a row and a half. Needless to say my friends and I sat there making fun of it with whoever was left. ^_^ One of my most enjoyable con experiences. ^_^

Tetsugyu
03-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Pokemon, Kenshin, DBZ, Bayblade, Medabots, Fighting Foodons, Hentai, and hyperviolence. I think Amon Saga is in there. So is MD geist.

Flame me. I don't care.

TheBrainUM
03-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Worst anime I have ever seen? I'd definetly have to say Twin Angels., which is Hentai. It's your basic Demons from some demon world have to have to have sex with girls by shoving a tentacle in every orifice while the demon lord back in the Demon world ejaculates so hard into a girl that she explodes, then these two twin girls have to go to the demon world and fight the demon lord. It's such a LA Blue Girl rip off that it's not funny. At least La Blue girl is funny sometimes

rogue
03-18-2003, 09:27 AM
The worst anime I've ever seen:
Wings of Honnimise
This piece of crap got all this wonderful praise, a must see, visual masterpiece. I had to fast forward through half the movie, and fell asleep. I still want that two hours of my life back.

I'm a huge Fushigi Yuugi fan but the newest OVA Eikoden was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen. It was laughable at first, but then I just started to fast forward thru it.

Ranma Saotome
03-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Just remember...

The man behind Wings of Honnimise brought you Neon Genesis Evangelion...

rogue
03-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Well the director of Desperado also brought us Spy Kids.

Ranma Saotome
03-19-2003, 07:53 PM
*shudder*

You know, that's just wrong...

Merle-chan
03-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Worst anime I've seen definately has to be Gasaraki. That was the most boring thing I've ever tried to stay awake through.

Kenshin-sama
03-20-2003, 10:00 AM
I'd have to agree with that Merle-chan ^_^ those who hunt elves too... -.-() one episode they were fighting what seemed to be rejects from "Street Sharks", and them stripping every elf they come across ^_^ lol

Iori Branford
03-20-2003, 10:13 AM
Lost Universe = very whitebread series, stock characters, CG poorly mixed with cel animation.
Variable Geo = three lame episodes of fanservice and uninspired fight scenes.

Ranma Saotome
03-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Oy!

Variable Geo was good damn you! :D

Setsuna22
03-20-2003, 02:06 PM
I do not like Weiss Kreuz, or whatever its called. The boiz were cute, but the animation was AWFUL, and the plots were weak and contrived. It reminded me of Sailor Moon, with boys instead of girls^^

chibi-dj
03-20-2003, 06:34 PM
sexy commando was a painful one to sit through....although the random ukalaily (spel?) lessons were most humorus.....

ShingoBunny
03-21-2003, 03:05 AM
Weiss Kreuz is good if you have a bunch of your fangirl friends there to laugh at the plot with. XD;;; For me, it was Gundam Wing. Like Weiss Kreuz, all it is is Sailor Moon with mecha and guys. x_o And if I had to hear one more person's views on war and peace, I was going to go insane. All Gundam Wing was was eye candy (the G-boys, Treize, and Zech/Millardo and the Gundams). The only redeeming factor is the boys and spending your time pointing out yaoi hints, which even became too predictable with Trowa and Quatre.

Kataiya
03-21-2003, 09:32 PM
hmmm...Gasaraki wasnt all that too bad if you were into politics, Ill admit some pes were mind dulling but when the Kugai just rips through the mecha I was entertained :B That things cool, too bad they locked it up, it should have wreaked havoc! Damn producers...

Hmm..Ill know I'll get sooo flamed for this, but Rumiko Takahashi stuff doesnt hold my interest. Im not saying its bad, far from worst, but it gets boring after 10 or 12 eps. In other words, Id buy a tape, and that just pretty much sums up Ranma 1/2. Cuz every 5 eps they get close to eachother, then go to another fight...and all over again...soo repeditive. Although I heard Inu Yasha was good, its long and 3 eps per disc and me with no money means that I have no seen it yet.

Sailor Moon S rocked my world, for I am a Saturn fan. Stars was ok, cuz I liked the evil sailors, but OMG Super S was crap >( NEVER make ChibiUsa the lead type character. EVER.

Although I must say Metropolis was ok, it would have been better been for it different character designs I bet. I dunno, Tezuka's designs are too cartoony to be taken seriously. It reminds me of when I played FFTactics, all the characters looked like Precious Moments statues and I couldnt take them seriously. It was like "Awww...dewdrop is killing someone!"

Boys Be is actually alright, considering I aint into that girly thing so much, but they always draw the guys eyes too far apart so they look like toads and it bugs the SHIT out of me! >O

I agree with Love Hina partially. I agree that the anime has no where as near as much charisma as the manga. I LOVE the manga, cuz there's much more character development and the anime everytime they try to someone gets kicked or a boob is shown. The anime's ok, dont get me wrong, but the manga is much better.

I liked Bakuretsu Hunters, but once again, the manga is so much better. First of all, they made Milfy Yu into a green haired serious dude with red lipstick. Ok, THAT IS NOT TRUE ;-;!!! How could they do that! He's such a lovable purple haired girly fruit in the manga! Plus, I love Keiji Gotoh's desgins usually, but he made Big Mama into an OAF!! SHe's soo frikkin pretty in the manga, shes supposed to be like Glenda the good witch, not some frikken purple giant! And most of all, they ended it when Sacher dies. He dies HALFWAY through the manga. ;-; The OAVs were more accurate to the manga, and the designs were alot more likable, but it was just a silly 3 episode little thingy. I sooo wanted to see Cinnamon Tea animated, bet she would have a voice like Mutsumi's or Hyatt :/

Sorry for my ranting, but I am not done yet. I have not got to my personal picks for the most attrocious anime! I would have to give the honors to Burn Up Excess. I watched this and was like "WTF?! Why is that man feeling up his daughter?! Nuuu!" its plotless fanservice, thats all it is. I like the character designs, well atleast in the face. One thing, if yer gonna give yer chars big boobs, PLEASE give them large hips or something to balance it out. Theses gals just look like coconut trees T.T Seriously, big boobs, no hips and like a 16" waist >/ Grrr. I really cant pay attention to Shirow early anime either, like Angel Cop and such. GitS was alright, and Stand Alone Complex looks good...but his 80's stuff was just blah. Hes a great char designer tho :/

Ranma Saotome
03-22-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Kataiya
Hmm..Ill know I'll get sooo flamed for this, but Rumiko Takahashi stuff doesnt hold my interest. Im not saying its bad, far from worst, but it gets boring after 10 or 12 eps. In other words, Id buy a tape, and that just pretty much sums up Ranma 1/2. Cuz every 5 eps they get close to eachother, then go to another fight...and all over again...soo repeditive.

I shall let you live... :D

Velvy
03-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Easy peasy, Yu Gi Oh!

Oh, as for Bakuretsu Hunters *stomps foot* Where was the Tira/Carrot relationship in the anime? ><

Gipsie
03-22-2003, 12:28 PM
I'm sorry to everyone that will get offended here, if any.

I TOTALLY hate "Blood: The Last Vampire", All of the Gundams (the exception being Wufei ~_^ Yow, baby!), and anything to do with capturing anything (ie: PokeMon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, CCS, Digimon).

The Hate for Blood: I bought this movie without even seeing or hearing anything about it...i bought it cuz it sounded interesting, and the animation looked good, on the cover. I watched it, and to me...the darn thing went no where. it felt like I was in the same spot as when the movie started, when it ended. But, I did like the little making of section at the end of it all.

The Hate for Gundam: Okay....I generally don't like the idea. I don't like the whole pilotting of a robot thing. *Shrugs* i dunno why, I just don't. But, I can't say that i don't like Evangelion....cuz I did....not the robots, and such....it was all about the DRAMA on that show! ~_^ hee-hee.

The Hate for Captured Things: I have come to the conclusion that collecting wild animals, cards, bots, ect.....to use as battling equipment is in humane....okay, not really...it's actually becuz once PokeMon came out, then they all started coming out, and it got to the point where it was just sickening, and I didn't want anything to do with any of 'em anymore.

Xefeon Aisu
03-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Phew...now that I've finished reading the entire thread, I have some comments. (It took me 47 minutes... o_O;; )

DBZ: I personally like it...though I'll be the first to admit it's a bad anime. I'm just too involved in it... -.- I've seen just about all the series that they've shown on CN with the exception of the Cell Saga...and I never saw Trunks except chibi, and baby. (After Mirai Trunks already left... T_T) But it does drag on waaaaay too much.

Sailor Moon: This is the first anime I ever saw, and I love it, though it is repetetive.

Kenshin: Erg! The LEAST you could do is give it a CHANCE!! I mean...hi.

Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-gi-Oh!: I thought I heard somewhere that Pokemon and Digimon were created by the same person...Digimon coming first... :: shrugs :: Meh. Pokemon Ė I like the games a LOT better, though the anime is TOLERABLE. I donít like it, I donít HATE it...Digimon - ...Saw one episode...hated it. Yu-gi-Oh! Ė Okay...not much plot or anything, but itís somewhat entertaining, and it actually has a plot. Not a good one, but it has one.

Ranma 1/2: I like it, but I like the manga a LOT better.

Inuyasha: Love it!

Metropolis: It took me a while to get used to the animation, but I thought overall it was pretty good.

Fushigi Yuugi: I LOVE THIS ANIME. Iím extremely scared of the dub, and I donít want to see it. Not that I have access to it anyway...but Iíve heard many bad things about it. Such as...Miakaís voice is Rem (from Trigun)?! THATíS JUST SICK AND WRONG. (No offense to the voice actor, but...I donít like Rem as a character, nor do I think her voice suits Miaka AT ALL). Though...Miaka is quite annoying. -.- Tamahome is okay, but WHY does he like Miaka? Same with Hotohori...WHY?! (Yes I know he eventually gets married...-.-) I personally think Chichiri and Tasuki are really cool though. Iíve heard many good things about the manga, and would like to read it someday...

Yu Yu Hakusho: Personally, I liked it...though it is quite odd in some parts.

Now to the point...what is the worst anime Iíve seen. Probably DBZ...though I admit I like it. Ones Iíve seen that I didnít like? Digimon, Mobile Suit Gundam (not Gundam Wing...I'm one of the few who hasn't seen that), and Zoids. Hamtaro is funny in parts, but...overall itís stupid. But you have to keep in mind, itís a little kidís show. OH...and I didn't particularly like Ronin Warriors. Sorry to anyone who likes those shows...these are just my personal opinions and tastes. And...Iíll post anything else if I come up with or remember anything more.

Ranma Saotome
03-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Xefeon Aisu
Kenshin: Erg! The LEAST you could do is give it a CHANCE!! I mean...hi.

Ranma 1/2: I like it, but I like the manga a LOT better.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Personally, I liked it...though it is quite odd in some parts.

Oh hell yeah. ^^

Velvy
03-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Fushigi Yuugi: I LOVE THIS ANIME. Iím extremely scared of the dub, and I donít want to see it. Not that I have access to it anyway...but Iíve heard many bad things about it. Such as...Miakaís voice is Rem (from Trigun)?! THATíS JUST SICK AND WRONG. (No offense to the voice actor, but...I donít like Rem as a character, nor do I think her voice suits Miaka AT ALL). Though...Miaka is quite annoying. -.- Tamahome is okay, but WHY does he like Miaka? Same with Hotohori...WHY?! (Yes I know he eventually gets married...-.-) I personally think Chichiri and Tasuki are really cool though. Iíve heard many good things about the manga, and would like to read it someday...

Manga is 10x better (but for me even that doesn't do it for Fushigi Yuugi), XD I can't stand the Miaka/Tamahome coupling. Anyways, I agree with you 100%, Miaka's voice is just...not suiting for her at ALL.

Freya
03-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Bell-chan
But...I believe Digimon was created before Pokemon. It was released in America after it though, which brings us to believe that it was a ripoff of Pokemon. And in my opinion, they both suck @_@ along with any other anime series in which you fight with little monsters you train...such as Yugioh, Monster Rancher... though it was an "ok" game, it's ...well...boring... to make a series like that. >_< gahhh...

Actually it's the other way around. At least the Pokemon game had been in development for 6 years and was in its finalizing stages when the Digimon anime was released. Then soon after came the Pokemon anime. So technically Digimon is still a rip-off cuz Pokemon had been in planning much longer.

Then again I never liked Digimon, nor Monster rancher, nor Yugi-oh. :thumbsup: I like Pokemon but not as much as I do some more serious animes.

Other anime I hate are: DBZ, Ninja Scroll (drinking blood outta one's arm was a bit much for me), A Wind Called Amnesia, and Patalabor (got too bored watching it).

Mink
03-25-2003, 01:44 PM
*Dances* I love Inuyasha!

But can totally see how people would hate it. Each episode is fairly predictable. Truthfully I am only obsessed with it because Inuyasha and Miroku are so devistatingly good looking, and it can be really funny sometimes. Oh and I have a thing with sticking to animes until the main characters hook up (thus why Im still obsessed with Tenchi) but I digress...

Animes not my cup of tea:

Fushigi Yuugi: Why? Because of Miaka. Thats it. Every damn time I thought things with her and Tama were going good, she'd run off just to create more plot. I was so angry...I love Tamahome

Tenchi In Tokyo: What the hell was that? Gah....even Universe was better than that. The only episode worth watching is the last one and the one where he and ryoko go on a date. And 2 out of 26 aint worth my time.

Hack sign: Ok Im sorry! I just cant get into it. Love the costumes, love the music, hate the anime. Its so.....boaring....truthfully the game isnt much better. But the anime that came with the game is decent at least...not worth the 50 bucks but decent.

Gundam: Make it stop. I hate mechas

DBZ: sometimes I can watch it. Then again sometimes I can shove a pencil in my eye. Both hurt about the same.

Pokemon, Hamtaro, Digimon: make them stop. If I hear one more person refer to americanized pokemon as "what anime is" Im gonna barf.

Escaflowne Movie: This had such potential.....I love the series....but the movie was just so bad. And I dont know how, but they made folken and allen look.......ugly. How did that happen?

Akira: What the hell was that about? No....sorry. That was just not good. Um I can see how people would like it, but I can see how people would like fight club too...and I hated that movie. Not that I dont get the point or the meaning behind it, it just was not very profound.

Bubblegum Crisis: Never again. Wow that was boaring.

Wow thats a long list....but thanks guys for warning me about tekken.....I love the game but I dont want it ruined.

Arisa
03-29-2003, 01:49 AM
I've only read Fushigi Yugi vol. 1, and I think Miaka's so awesome. ;-; A glutton like me! **steals Miaka's food** Bwahaha! Mine!

Kataiya
03-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Any movie that seems to try to retell the anime seems to fail for me. I mean, visually, they're spectacular, but can not light a candle to the series.
For example, the Utena movie, while the characters were even more attractive and the music great, it was a mess and confusing to me.
Also in Escaflowne, they changed the characters around (Folken does not HATE his brother damnit T.T) and two of my fav chars get like, 2 seconds airplay as bar singers (Eriya and Naria)

However, continuations of series as movies tend to be good. The Tenchi movies were pretty good, the Cowboy Bebop movie rocked, the CCS movies were ok...etc

XLainoftheWired
03-29-2003, 06:55 PM
the worst anime IVE EVER SEEN would have to be when I decided to rent a random one out of Blockbuster... it was called... "Sin" cause thats what it was towards humanity. It was supposedly based of some FPS game. Sin byfar had the weakest plot I had EVER seen in an anime and all it was, was an excuse for some artists to draw blood splattering from bodies.

Quite literally this movie is about a guy name John I think who has to save some chick out of an unnamed tower in the middle of some random city. You dont even know the girls name, or anyone else for that matter. For the next hour he ascends floors blowing random crap up and kills the last baddie and jumps into a helicopter with the girl.

I saw this a year ago so I could possibly have some of the nonexistant plot wrong, but I do know it was the worst of the worst.

Ranma Saotome
03-30-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Kataiya
The Tenchi movies were pretty good, the Cowboy Bebop movie rocked, the CCS movies were ok...etc

I dunno... Tenchi movie 2 was shit.

ryuichi fangirl
03-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by XLainoftheWired
the worst anime IVE EVER SEEN would have to be when I decided to rent a random one out of Blockbuster... it was called... "Sin" cause thats what it was towards humanity. It was supposedly based of some FPS game. Sin byfar had the weakest plot I had EVER seen in an anime and all it was, was an excuse for some artists to draw blood splattering from bodies.

Quite literally this movie is about a guy name John I think who has to save some chick out of an unnamed tower in the middle of some random city. You dont even know the girls name, or anyone else for that matter. For the next hour he ascends floors blowing random crap up and kills the last baddie and jumps into a helicopter with the girl.

I saw this a year ago so I could possibly have some of the nonexistant plot wrong, but I do know it was the worst of the worst.

oh dear god...I saw that...you are right..no plot...just lots of killing things ...and it SUCKED...I cringe whenever I see a trailer for it....

XLainoftheWired
03-30-2003, 12:50 AM
w00t, i know what im talking about. Dennis 1, God 435,892 ... I'm catching up! :)

evaneko
03-31-2003, 03:41 PM
FY eikoden- DON'T WATCH IT!!!! and that whole tenchi thing just sucked. period. ummmm... irented this really bad think from my video store but can't remember the name... just a lot of sterotypical characters and some slice n' dice action... pitiful stuff. :P

KoreanEyez
04-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Let's seee....the anime that gets on my nerves the most would have to be:

Magic Knight Rayearth because that show was rushed wayyyyyy too much. It went from, "oh we're in cephiro" then clef is like, "u must save the pillar of cephiro" to, "please kill me magic knights!" and their weapons evolved in every episode. I kinda fell asleep through the middle of the series but I winded up finishing it cuz I was so bored that day.

Another show that bores me would have to be Yu Gi Oh. I dunno why they depend their whole life on cards...fake monsters! Joey has to save his sister and like he loses and Yugi's like, "oh! don't worry Joey, you can have some money to save her!" oh wow, how convenient. You coulda done that from the start yugi! -_-;

Kare Kano doesn't bore me, but it annoys me cuz like they never finished the series and the last couple of episodes were like....comics..with voices! If they were gonna run outta money, then they never should have animated the show in the first place. Now I don't know how the series ends at all!

Escaflowne was....okay I guess....got kinda bored in the middle...

Some Gundam shows were really boring. I'm not a huge mecha fan, but some shows are okay, like RahXephon. Me luvvvvv RahXephon =)

Basically, shows that follow the storyline and don't have random pointless side stories are good to me. Naruto's my favorite show/manga right now.

yunaffx2
04-04-2003, 08:42 PM
the worst anime ive ever seen is pokemon and sailor moon
i think its cheesy ^.^

Giant Alucard
04-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Sailor Moon for me. Tuxedo mask was just too corny to me. He threw a rose, said a few stupid comments, then he left. He rarely ever used his sword............ it was just annoying.

April
04-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Anime I don't like. Pokemon (AAH! SORRY!) because it was kind of .... like ... episode by episode and didn't really have a plot.. But of course it's for children.. Um... Hmm.
Oh I know! Sailor Moon!(Aw crud. I just signed my death warrant..) The only characters I do like on there was Fiore (hee hee. He seemed MORE than just a friend to me! Lol!) Haruka (So very very kick-arse), and Hotaru (the power to destroy a planet! Jeezus....)
I'm sure I can think of more.... I think..

Dewy
04-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I agree with magic knight rayearth disliking, but not too much, since I bought the whol first season and dont want to feel guilty about wasting my money, when I could of bought good anime...ah. Too late. The end of the manga was idiotic too, they went into Mokona's mouth...>_>

I think Fushgi yuugi deserves more credit though, people! True, Miaka...Tamahome...make you want to rip out your air, but the plot and research Yuu Watase did for it makes it a great series...not really the characters. And besides, its an infinite anime people inside joke, since most of us have seen it.

But then, Gravitation *ducks from fangirls* I dont care...suichi is a woman. And what? He sees this sexy evil looking blonde man once, and suddenly hes attracted to him, this means that he must be in love with him! WOW. How thought out. He calls his work crap, and now he has to sleep with him. Then theres the repeating ever so amazing concert clip in almost every episode. It's moronic.

And of course, Metropolis, Its not so dramatic after the 5th time the guy shoots someone with no character devolpment while whining about how awfull life is. I kept waiting for something interesting, to come up...nothing...noooothing. blek >_<

Anyway, ranting is fun. Defend all you want though, defending is fun too.

slightlysalted
04-12-2003, 10:54 PM
hm...lesse...when i went to taiwan, I'm sure there were a few series i really wanted to just get up, rip off a branch from a tree and beat my tv with it....lesse....
FY actully was okay---until they killed off Nuriko....AND STOLE HIS BRACELETS!!! That was just mean--as soon as i saw stupid miaka take his bracelets, i immediately change the channel. Later tried to watch it again, ended up having a strong need to stab Miaka and gut her.

Zenki
hm...and any of those weird racing car things.....i didn't like any of those.
Now and Then, Here and There
Zoids.
Portlabor or however it's spelled >>
GALS....gah I looked at a page, and tried to kill myself.

I guess that's about all that i truly truly hate...even though there's a lot i despise and can't stand........>>

Tamahome
04-13-2003, 10:58 AM
Yu Gu Oh is the worst!!

Mien777
04-14-2003, 11:15 AM
I would have to say, Evangelion. Well it's good in a way but to me, I hate the ending. People said its good, I do understand too but the way its view, I was mad at it. The opening shows the girl as to be a main character but it doesn't even shows her story that much but only the reflection of the boy.

tydawgsd
04-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Boogiepop Phantom or Ghost in the Shell for me.
Boogiepop Phantom was just boring.
Ghost in the Shell is really well-drawn, but that's about it.

mochan42
04-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Betterman. *shivers* Can we say, "boring"?! >_<
Zenki
Pokemon
And there's probably more, but I tend not to bring back the bad memories. -_-;;

BayushiKachiko
04-19-2003, 11:16 AM
I have to say Shadow Skill. Just sucked all around.

makonurikoryoko
04-19-2003, 03:56 PM
XD gah I love the UTena movie and series! theyre my faves.. they shouldnt be hated -_- And fushigi yuugi :'( too many bishounen too hate hehehe
and Perfect Blue.. someone hates it... ::has a brain aneurysmand dies:: Sorry, but I think thats like the best movie of all time ^^hehe There are so many you all dissed that i love! GAH!

Anyways, I agree that Battle Athletes and Magic Knights Rayearth are really bad
Another REALLY BAD one is G-taste. LOL I know its a hentai but it has like the worst animation EVER!!!! AND I MEAN EVER!!!! Ive never seen animation recycled SOOOO much. SOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To who commented on Bible black yeah thats fuckin bad! La Blue Girl I kinda like though. hehe It cracks me up