PDA

View Full Version : Can I wear contacts?

kosakuitaly
04-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Hello! I have been wondering if i could wear contacts because im only 12 and i cosplay Dave Strider (red eyes)
America A.K.A Alfred F. Jones (Blue eyes)
And casual North Italy (Brown eyes--wait I have brown eyes...LOL)

and I just wanted to know if It wouldn't be healthy for my eyes at my age :/

kthxbye!~:sleep:

seiryuux
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I suggest going to your local optician store and find out. I do remember getting my first contact lenses a year older than you are now so I think it should be okay.

Silo
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
As long as you know the basic rules of course.

* store them properly
*Always make sure your hands are clean before handling with them
*Put them in PRIOR to makeup
* For someone your age, 6 hour usage a day would be max (in my opinion)
*Get a decent pair/s!!! Dont just buy a pair because they are cheap :)

If you really want to know more, Then book an appointment with your local optometrist! They are very friendly about it, and will even give you samples to try on. n__n

Talossa
04-06-2012, 02:16 AM
I got my first pair of contacts at 12, so I don't think age is a factor!

However, if you've never worn them before, you should go to your eye doctor and have an exam done. Even if your vision is perfect, there are still measurements they need to take, and they'll also be able to make sure that your eyes are okay for contacts wearing otherwise. They'll also give you a lesson on how to put them in! (It sounds silly, but if you've never had contacts before it can be tricky, and it's nice to have someone standing by to help...)

seiryuux
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Not to mention it's possible for you to be allergic to contacts so you should go to the eye doctor first.

novaraven1
04-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Everyone goes to their eye doctor to get their first pair. It's the safe thing to do! ^^

Only start buying lenses on-line once you know what you are doing and what kind you are able to wear. Never buy used lenses from other cosplayers and never share them with friends!

There are many different brands out there so you have to research well to make sure you are getting good quality as well as the colour/pattern you want.

It's not just finding a cool website with shiney looking usually photoshopped pics, it's finding the manufacturers brand name of the actual lens and looking it up on lots of different sites and youtube reviews to make sure it really is the colour/pattern you want and that it will come in the base curve and perscription you need it in. Also read reviews of the website customer service that are posted on places like cosplay.com to make sure you won't get ripped off when you do order them.

best of luck with your cosplays!

datsuryouku
05-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I strongly suggest making sure it's okay with your parent's first (duh) and then going to an optometrist. If age is a factor, you shouldn't have a problem. However, your eyes are unique. Who knows what could happen.

melinia355
06-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Late reply really sorry :(

Well my younger friends have contacts and they are 9-12 years old. They all first went to the eye doctor like the previous comments. I would go to the eye doctor and etc. But about your age I think it should be fine. Just ask the doctor. :)