PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Anjierusu
01-20-2004, 11:13 AM
I heard that the Cosplay.com photographers weren't going to be at Animazement this year, that they would be at FanimeCon 2004 instead...

WHY?!?!?!? :untrust: *Finger of Might*

Truthfully, the cosplay.com photographers are the only way that I can really get pictures of costumes of cosplayers out there... and that includes me. I'm not trying to be like "ooh, my costume!" but yeah, other than personal galleries on one's personal website (keep in mind that there are only abut 5 million, so even if I had one, the chances of it being seen are... ppht.), there are no ways really for anyone to see them... I was just wondering, plus I heard that Animazement puts out much better costumes than FanimeCon, so I was just wondering Why?! they aren't going to be there this year.

Lovelyangel_81
01-20-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't know why, but you could PM ADMIN and ask why. I was wondering why they are not coming to AZ this year also.

Ookami05
01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
They were there last year, I'm not sure about AZ02 or years before that. I understand why because it is expensive to travel across the US almost once a year and stuff.

Farmboybob
01-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah, maybe it's an every-other year thing or something. Either way, I'll still see them at Otakon this year. Maybe I can finally say hello to Kyle and Adella. :D

SephirothXer0
01-20-2004, 04:54 PM
well they are in cali... and we're kinda on the other side of the country... so I guess it's just a personal attack towards all us AZ goers!!! lol jk nah it's just probably really expensive for them like Ookami05 said

Dracos
01-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Seriously?!? Gaaaaay!!!!!!! :waaaah: Nevermind Sephiroth then, Im not spending ALLL that money on a REALLY REALLY Great costume, and not even get a picture taken of it. Just forget it. I'll spend my money on stuff that I want, and save 100 for AZ.. (Reverse blade katana, here I come :bigtu: )

Anjierusu
01-21-2004, 05:45 AM
Seriously?!? Gaaaaay!!!!!!! :waaaah: Nevermind Sephiroth then, Im not spending ALLL that money on a REALLY REALLY Great costume, and not even get a picture taken of it. Just forget it. I'll spend my money on stuff that I want, and save 100 for AZ.. (Reverse blade katana, here I come :bigtu: )

Oh no you don't! You're gonna do that god forsaken costume buddy. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. For a few specific reasons... >.>...........<.<.........Among others... We'll talk about those later. But yeah, still pissed about the photographer thing. -.-''

Lovelyangel_81
01-21-2004, 10:03 AM
They were there last year, I'm not sure about AZ02 or years before that. I understand why because it is expensive to travel across the US almost once a year and stuff.

Well, that's understandable. :)

Giant Alucard
01-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Well there will be other photographers there. I think the photographer from risingsun.net was there last year as well as Kevin Lilard of fansview.com. If anything , I'll just bring my camera and take pics of everyone then.

Link Arroway
01-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Its not that big a deal is it? Maybe its easier for them, or they want to try something different, too far to travel, or its none of our business :o. anyways. photos are still taken *shrug*

there are convention galleries besides personal galleries you know right? and you can start or look for photoshoots if you want to group up for pictures.

Dracos
01-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Still not doing the costume >.> I think I'm going to make my Seifer/Squall Mix I've always wanted to Do >=D Ooo! oo! Or chase, me and you can do that, what was it? Poo.. Private message me about it.

Avanon
01-22-2004, 07:26 PM
:fuming: *attacks Dracos with a big stick* I want to see Sephy! :sulk:
I happen to be a photographer, maybe not a pro, but I'm working to it. I plan on taking everyone's picture. I'm bringing my good 'ol SLR, a couple of lenses and plenty of film. .......I may be forced to mug anyone who planned on but is not going as Sephy, making it so I can't take thier picture! Just beware..... :devil:

quadrain61
01-22-2004, 07:48 PM
well animazement is still considered a "small convention"

RHIshida
01-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Oh well. Maybe they will get to come next year. I suppose they'll still have a big photoshoot though so don't go freaking out on Admin about it. They live in California and it's quite a distance from CA to NC.

SephirothXer0
02-02-2004, 10:44 PM
no... we shall have a big photoshoot!! muwahahaha!

Himemiya
02-03-2004, 02:51 AM
This entire thread angers me. What, because Admin isn't going, you won't be seen? OTHER PEOPLE HAVE CAMERAS. Plus people will PHYSICALLY SEE YOU AT THE CON. Is your entire basis for cosplay based on your picture being on Cosplay.com? What the hell is that?!

California is VERY FAR AWAY from North Carolina. How dare you get mad at admin for not wanting to trek ACROSS THE COUNTRY just to take YOUR PICTURE. Memorial day weekend has *four* different anime events going on in North America. Animazement is definitely not the biggest.

And another thing! Saying "Animazement puts out better costumes" is not a good thing to say, and please don't compare cons like that again. Ever con is different and has different people going to it. It's not something you can compare. AUGH.

.... is this seriously why you guys cosplay?! To get pictures taken and put up on Cosplay.com?! AUGH!

Anjierusu
02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
This entire thread angers me. What, because Admin isn't going, you won't be seen? OTHER PEOPLE HAVE CAMERAS. Plus people will PHYSICALLY SEE YOU AT THE CON. Is your entire basis for cosplay based on your picture being on Cosplay.com? What the hell is that?!

California is VERY FAR AWAY from North Carolina. How dare you get mad at admin for not wanting to trek ACROSS THE COUNTRY just to take YOUR PICTURE. Memorial day weekend has *four* different anime events going on in North America. Animazement is definitely not the biggest.

And another thing! Saying "Animazement puts out better costumes" is not a good thing to say, and please don't compare cons like that again. Ever con is different and has different people going to it. It's not something you can compare. AUGH.

.... is this seriously why you guys cosplay?! To get pictures taken and put up on Cosplay.com?! AUGH!

Hey hey... It's okay, calm down... :walkoff: I think you might be kind of taking this a bit too seriously. Is the yelling necessary? I dunno, maybe it is. But either way around it, I understand that it's a long distance.... I'm not angry at anyone... I don't think I'm angry at all. and it's not really that I have to have the cosplay.com photographers there just to do my costume. I know that the meaning of cosplay is really just to cosplay just for fun. But truthfully, why do we cosplay at a convention? So that other people can see our costume. I was just mentioning that it puts a big damper on the number of people that see my costumes... and seriously, I'm very proud of my costumes. I don't like braggers, and I would hate to become a bragger, but I still would like to get my costume out there. Comparisons, critique, being a community of people who are willing to actually cosplay so other people can see it. That's what puts us in the same community...

You really need to relax... :lost: Y'know, dancing or drawing always helps me calm down...

Lyn
02-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Ya know, Maboroshi (risingsun.net) has Animazement listed as a con he's going to this year. And his pictures are just as nice as Admin's. And Fansview might still be going. I don't know which con he would prefer going to.

It just turned out that Fanime and Animazement ended up on the same weekend this year. And Fanime is a bigger con and like others said, Admin lives in CA so it saves him a lot of money by going to that one instead of traveling across the states for AZ.

So, fear not, there will still be plenty of photographers. Also, Studmaster (one of the cosplay.com moderators) is going as well. So, it's not like "no one" is going to be going to this con.

I just recently decided I might go because it looks like a fun con and I know a lot of people going. I think the con will still be good and worth it even without Admin. I think it'd be terrible idea not to do a cosplay just because of that fact. And like I said, Maboroshi takes wonderful pictures as well.

Himemiya
02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Anjierusu, don't patronize me. You don't know how angry I can actually get. That post was a relatively calm angry post (if there is such a thing O.o)

You're acting like since Cosplay.com's Admin isn't going to be there, then no one will see your costume. Have you ever been to an anime convention before? If you have, you know that LOTS and LOTS of people have cameras, and even MORE PEOPLE will see you in person. If you perform in the masq, even MORE people will see you. And I'm still insanely angry that you would say something like "I heard AZ has better costumes than Fanime so why would admin go there?!". AUGH.

Lyn, Animazment is an awesome little con ^_^! There's always lots to do and see, even though it's a smaller convention. I hope you go!

Anjierusu
02-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Anjierusu, don't patronize me. You don't know how angry I can actually get. That post was a relatively calm angry post (if there is such a thing O.o)

You're acting like since Cosplay.com's Admin isn't going to be there, then no one will see your costume. Have you ever been to an anime convention before? If you have, you know that LOTS and LOTS of people have cameras, and even MORE PEOPLE will see you in person. If you perform in the masq, even MORE people will see you. And I'm still insanely angry that you would say something like "I heard AZ has better costumes than Fanime so why would admin go there?!". AUGH.

Lyn, Animazment is an awesome little con ^_^! There's always lots to do and see, even though it's a smaller convention. I hope you go!

Goodness... This post was meant to be much less......Violent... ^_^

I'm not trying to Patronize you. and uh... I'm very proud that you can post angrily. We're all proud. :razz: But on a more serious note. I know, I know... There are plenty of photographers and and not just that, tons of people... I know. You don't have to keep repeating it. ^_^ But truthfully, Cosplay.com is still cosplay.com. I think I have some pictures on RisingSun too, I haven't checked yet. But Cosplay.com was just one I was hoping to be there. I won't die because they won't. Keep in mind, I'm not the one who changed plans entirely just cause they weren't going to be there. So you really should calm down just a bit. You really like the word AUGH don't you? :p These forums are supposed to be friendly. Spread the love! :bigtu:

Oh, and Lyn. You make good points. Thank you so very much for making them in a polite manner. :)

Farmboybob
02-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Why don't we just change the atmosphere to something a little happier now? Forget the past, think about the future.

Lyn, have you never been to AZ? if not, let me tell you first hand it's a fun little con. It's not too big, but not small either. I think last year about 2300 people showed up, and they are expecting an even bigger turnout this year. Out of all the cons I go to, AZ is my fave. And another plus, the staff is real nice (to me at least). I've had trouble with staff at other cons, but at this one, as long as no laws or any of the 13 or so rules in the guidebook are broken, pretty much anything is allowed. Also, unlike other cons, AZ is real slack on the weapons policy, so if you are cosplaying someone with a huge weapon (likeAnjierusu's Dante sword) you wont get in any trouble for having it out for all to see.

FUN TIMES!!

Himemiya
02-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Your inital post was started off in anger, then I respond in anger, and you want it all to change to happy yay everyone loves everyone? :rolleyes:

Also, the post was aimed at a lot of people posting on the thread, not just you. Cosplay.com is huge, but people are treating it like the only cosplay related site in the world. Theres all kinds of magazines, plus Fansview.com, plus cosplaylab might go, plus all the people lyn mentioned...

RHIshida
02-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Personally, I don't mind if anybody takes my picture, just as long as people see my costume then I'm perfectly fine. (Pictures are always a plus though! :D)

and Yes, Animazement is a wonderful little con! There's always plenty to do and you're never bored ^_^ I love the video game room and the anime screening rooms alot, but the dealer's room is just amazing. They've always got some of the coolest stuff to buy. And yes, the weapons policy isn't as strict as many other conventions. Just as long as it is fake, or not loaded, I'm sure they won't care (Like the Jin-Roh cosplayer about two years ago.)

Giant Alucard
02-05-2004, 10:58 AM
I loved AZ so much !!! It was one of those Everyone has fun and the staff has fun too kinda cons. The only problem I had that con was that my hotel was kinda far away and up a big hill so I had to costantly go back and forth when I changed costumes. I will definitly be in the main hotel this year.

DDR Faery Spice
02-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Animazement is my favorite con, and I'm not going to enjoy it any less this year just because the cosplay/.com admins aren't going to be there. I mean, I just joined this forum this summer, and this year will be my third AZ. Them being there has never been part of the AZ equation for me before, so why should it be now? In any case, my goal for this year is to get Lillard of fansview.com to get a picture of me as the DDR Faery....two cons in the costume the ENTIRE time, and still no pic of the Faery on the site!>.< I must spread the w3rd of DDR!!! ^^; Anyway, I think the point I'm trying to make is, pics get taken anyway, no matter which forums go there. I think the reason Anjierusu was upset about Admin not going is because, well, he is a part of this forum, and he just wants these people he talks to so often to officially recognize him. I'm just making a guess. Hopefully, none of us do this cosplaying thing JUST to get our pics up on ONE site, but instead to have fun and show off our m4d |33t s3w|ng sk1||z!

Hikaruchan
02-16-2004, 09:54 PM
AZ is one of my favs, too. Cosplay.com and RisingSun.net are normally not at AZ, so consider it just an extra when they come. Fansview has been taking pics there since 98, and I have taken them since 99 - so its not like suddenly no one is going to not take pictures.

And unless you have been to Fanime personally, I don't see how you could compare costumes turnouts. Con photo sites can be deceiving. I know that there was a con last year I was checking out the pics cause I heard about all the wonderful costumes normally seen there - but I certainly didn't see much wonderful in that photo report. That could just be due to photographers missing good costumes, bad lighting, etc. that I didn't find what I was looking for - since I wasn't there I don't know what the real costuming action going down was like.

-=Faust_VIII=-
02-17-2004, 01:43 AM
o.o Well this year I'm gonna have an actual costume that remotely resembles the character I'm trying to look like. I could care less if the Admins come and take pictures. I just want to show off my bishieness to the world.I love faust.. you all should too!! ^_______^ *glomps all and huggles* And I bet you all, that are going, are gonna look hella awsome!

quadrain61
02-17-2004, 06:44 AM
Go AZ. Anyone who wants to see the admins go to San Jose for Fanime. You might even see "Deez Nuts", yes that is a real guys name.

evaneko
02-17-2004, 08:35 AM
It's not like no photographers are going- and even though I definatly wish admin would be at AZ this year, but Maboroshi from Rising Sun takes really nice pictures. In fact, his pictures of my chii costme last year are my favorite cosplay pics from AZ 2003. ^^ Just have fun with it... and don't not make a costumes bc cosplay.com can't make it all the way across the country O.o

quadrain61
02-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Fansview.com wil be there. AKA: Animerica magazine

DDR Faery Spice
02-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Dude, I'd love to actually make it into Animerica this year....I've recognized so many of you from various pics in there it's almost not funny. XD

Farmboybob
02-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Same here DDR, same here. I'll look through the issues and be like, "hey it's link!" or something. In animerica's AZ'03 review, it has the cosplay.com group photo, and on the far left there is an asion in a black suit. That would be quadrain. And nar the center, between a goku and a ffx-2 yuna, you will see my shoulder! :D

DDR Faery Spice
02-24-2004, 03:04 PM
w00t! I see you guys! Now if only.....;_; I want to be seen!

Lyn
02-24-2004, 08:39 PM
It's not like no photographers are going- and even though I definatly wish admin would be at AZ this year Kevin Lillard from Rising Sun takes really nice pictures. In fact, his pictures of my chii costme last year are my favorite cosplay pics from AZ 2003. ^^ Just have fun with it... and don't not make a costumes bc cosplay.com can't make it all the way across the country O.o

Just want to correct you a little. Kevin Lillard is the fansview.com guy. ^^; risingsun.net is Maboroshi and yes, he will indeed be there at this con. And I guess it sounds like Kevin will too. I was wondering about him since he has gone to both Fanime and AZ the last few years so I didn't know which one he would chose to go to.

quadrain61
02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Lyn: aw man I was about to post that...lol

Dracos
02-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Well, now that I *Gasp* FINALLY check this thread.. Since the Fansview and rising sun people will be there, I MIGHT, just MIGHT do Sephiroth. Everyone cross your fingers, I'm trying to find a job to commission someone to do my costume. Because where most people can show off there L337 sewing skills at the con, well.. >>; I can't. I can stitch up a tear or a hole or something, but I'm no costume expert ^^;
Also: In according to "Is that all you people go for?! Is to get your pictures put up on ONE site?!" ...Well.. It IS kind of nice to get your picture taken for everyone to see it. I mean, you at least want to look nice.. Compliments are nice you know ^^;

nixxer
02-25-2004, 03:14 PM
The days are flying by it seems like, I feel kinda unprepared right now...Im just so looking forward to meeting everyone there. Cons are the only place I can stand to be in front of a camera, maybe because its not just me they're taking a pic of, its who Im representing, an image I love. I have no qualms over who takes my pic, but I do admit, when Im in costume, I love the attention :D I also love to give attention, I'll be wandering around with my own camera in hand, taking pics of any and all I can, unfortunately I dont have one of those nice digital cameras yet, so I gotta also carry around huge amount of film with me...oh well, its well worth it to have those memories. Maybe this year I'll finally get myself a new camera *looks in wallet*....or...not... :thumbsup:

quadrain61
02-25-2004, 05:35 PM
AHHH cameras. I got to get that camera. (Sony DSC-F828)

I might go crazy and may bring maybe two digital cameras, a 35 mm, a polaroid, and a couple of disposables. Wear all of them while cosplaying as the ukulele man and become the "Ubber Asian Tourist." Maybe not...lol

I still gotta overcome my fears of asking people to get their pictures. I did pretty good for Nekocon 03 but it wasn't good enough.

D**N IT that bastard Clay Aikens is on the radio again. *goes changes the station at work*

nixxer
02-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, a lot of my nekocon pics arnt that good cause I was a little to shy at asking, I just kinda pointed and shoot when others were taking pics as well. Maybe this time I'll be a little more confident. ^_^

lol, I feel the same way you do about that guy. I'll stick to my metal, techno and j-rock. :D

Kilayi
02-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Wow.... I just kept going and going... up to people to ask for pics I mean.. ^^;;
That's was really wierd, because I am usually pretty shy ^^;;

Don't be afraid! Ask random people for pics, and they shouldn't bite too hard XD

RHIshida
02-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Haha, I think it'd be great if there was a picture of all of us in the elevators in Animerica. I would cut that out and frame it on my wall :skidude2:

quadrain61
02-26-2004, 05:34 AM
Anyone wanna submit AZ's info to NBC17? http://www.nbc17.com/communitycalendar/

Sorry I'm tired and slowly loosing it.

evaneko
02-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Just want to correct you a little. Kevin Lillard is the fansview.com guy. ^^; risingsun.net is Maboroshi and yes, he will indeed be there at this con. And I guess it sounds like Kevin will too. I was wondering about him since he has gone to both Fanime and AZ the last few years so I didn't know which one he would chose to go to.

thanks- I was reading back through this thread and saw that. It's fixed now. :D ...I had hoped no one would catch it before me... oh well :rolleyes: