PDA

View Full Version : Lake Fairy Creations

Lake_fairy
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Tsubasa, Chobits, Disney, Comic Costumes and More!

I started cosplaying as a hobby when I was 15, and haven't been able to tear myself away from the sewing machine since!

I love making elaborate CLAMP costumes, specifically Tsubasa and Chobits costumes. Because all of their costumes are more elaborate ball gowns and the like, I have a lot of experience with boned and lined bodices, and well as petticoats, ruffles, and any number of other frilly adornments! Pictured in my galleries are a set of Narnia costumes that were made for D*C* several years ago, I made Lucy and Peter, while a friend of mine made Edmund and Susan. I'm also a sucker for anything Disney, I have made several Disney princess costumes for myself, including Ariel and Rapunzel! I am currently taking commissions for Rapunzel costumes!

I also have quite a bit of experience working with spandex and Comic Book costumes. I've made several bodysuits, both for me and for other people, and have experience with a number of superhero costumes, including Supergirl, Ame Comi Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Alan Scott, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy.

Steampunk and original design costumes are also incredibly exciting for me to work on, pictured in my galleries are pictures of the Victorian style Sailor Jupiter that was a part of a whole group of sailor scouts. These costumes were a collaboration with a group called the Cosplay Pirates. I did most of the fabric construction, including the skirts, bows, and collars, and other members of the Pirates made the Headpieces, Belts, and altered the shirts. Since then, I've worked on several original design costumes, including a Victorian inspired Princess Midna, a Victorian style Chibi Moon (which was my own design and interpretation) and an Amano Costume. One of my more recent commissions was a Lolita Style Nyan Cat, which turned out lovely! So if you have a sketch or an original design that you would like to see come to life, I would love to make it happen for you!

If you are interested in seeing some more of my work, my Costuming DA is...

http://lake-fairy.deviantart.com/

I update there more often than I update my account here!

Also, for more recent updates and pictures of commissions, please check out my facebook page "Lake Fairy Creations" I post a lot of progress pictures there and I also have some of my personal costumes up for Sale.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-Fairy-Creations/189323974462064

***If the link doesn't work, please look up "lake Fairy Creations" on facebook, my page should pop right up!***

I generally prefer to use higher quality materials, so that the larger, more elaborate costumes look nicer and lay correctly. I tend to gravitate towards Matte Satin and cotton blends, although if I can ever find anything of good quality with a bit of stretch to it, I'm in love. I love comfortable costumes...

My formula for Commissions is:

Cost of materials + Cost of Labor + Shipping = Total Cost

No hidden costs, no fees tacked on at the last minute!!!

If requesting a quote for a costume, please be sure to include a reference picture or two with your request, And also include the date that you need the costume by. I prefer to have at least several months notice for more elaborate costumes, but I can do rush orders, I just charge a bit more. It makes my job a lot easier if I know exactly what you are looking for and when you need it!

I look forward to working on some fabulous costumes this year! I know a lot of people like to PM on this site for quotes, but if you could PLEASE E-mail me at LakeFairyCreations@gmail.com for more information about my costuming experience or to request a quote! Keeping everything in the email account makes it much easier to keep up with reference pictures, measurements, due dates and the like!

Best Wishes!
Sarah Kate