PDA

View Full Version : Evil Dead : Chainsaws and Boomsticks

Unferth
01-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Aquiring and modifying a child's double barrel toy is one thing. Creating a wearable chainsaw is another. I can only think of making this with a cardboard-newspaper armature and making a papier machet [ which I'm not too bad with ]. But does anyone have any suggestions as to how one would approach making a lifesized Homlite wearable chainsaw? [ preferably not out of a real chainsaw, this tends to freak people out!]

Deadites Unite

LupinSansei
01-21-2004, 10:32 PM
HELL YES!!! Cosplay.coms first (well second) Ash Cosplayer. Im a Evil dead nut, I met Bruce Cambel various times and I have the original movie tickets to Evil Dead one at its first showing when it was called "Book of the dead" from a small theatre in Michigan.

Unferth
01-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about. What makes it more interesting is I have to modify the costume around myself since I'm a chick, hooo... So, Mr. Campbell seems interesting from what I've seen [ avid reader of his official site, about to purchase his book ].

Now here would be a challenge: Cosplay as posessed Henrietta.

LupinSansei
01-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Awsum Idea!!!

Dancin_Fool
01-22-2004, 09:46 AM
My friend did an ash costume 2 years ago, what he did for the chainsaw was layered together some polystyrene, then carved it out to the right shape, and using a tin can hollowed out the inside of it and created a place to hold on to it, for the blade he used some thing similar to cardboard but it's like a plastic, and then wrapped a bike chain around it and cut out pieces of cardboard for the blades. he then covered the main part of the chainsaw with paper mache, and added various other details using stuff we had in the garage. For the gun I cut out a piece of wood for him and he sanded it down to the right shape and mounted piping on it for the barrels, it was a wicked wicked costume. I should see if I can dig up some pictures

Unferth
01-22-2004, 03:14 PM
My friend did an ash costume 2 years ago, what he did for the chainsaw was layered together some polystyrene, then carved it out to the right shape, and using a tin can hollowed out the inside of it and created a place to hold on to it, for the blade he used some thing similar to cardboard but it's like a plastic, and then wrapped a bike chain around it and cut out pieces of cardboard for the blades. he then covered the main part of the chainsaw with paper mache, and added various other details using stuff we had in the garage. For the gun I cut out a piece of wood for him and he sanded it down to the right shape and mounted piping on it for the barrels, it was a wicked wicked costume. I should see if I can dig up some pictures

That would be excellent. Thank you for your help!

By the way, Lupin, I can do a dead on impression of Henrietta [ you know, the fruit cellar line? ]

LupinSansei
01-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Once again super Awsum!! People tell me I make a good ash too.

Wabbit
01-23-2004, 09:46 PM
you could find a chainsaw, and if you've go tthe skill, gut and modify it into something that'd fit around your wrist (pissibly putting a handle inside)