PDA

View Full Version : Miyavi at A-Kon!!!

TeRRaFLaMe
01-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Apparently, Miyavi might be playing at A-Kon. And, it has supposedly been confirmed.

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I can't go. Anyone who has to go through or from NC to get there wanna take me? XD <--- sarcasm

Nene
01-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Mwaa, I wanna go now! Hmm, must somehow find a way to get there from MD...

HikaruMiazaki
01-23-2004, 11:26 PM
GAH MIYAVI~!!!! XD I HAVE TO GO NOW OMG >_> *hearts* I need to get there from MD too. I'm obsessed with Miyavi ^__^ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Nene
01-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Yes! Let's ambush a train and take a free ride there! XO

HikaruMiazaki
01-24-2004, 12:03 PM
If he goes there and does signings I'm having him sign my Gotich & Lolita Bible which he models in and and a poster :heart: ^__^

Lucifer
01-25-2004, 01:42 AM
I heard the same thing, which has caused me to change all summer place (i.e. drop AX) to go to Akon.

Thankfully I know one of the dealers there, and he'll let me work if I show up. ^^;

HikaruMiazaki
01-25-2004, 01:48 AM
I might be dropping Otakon lol ^^;;;

Cherry
01-25-2004, 04:51 AM
I somehow always end up in the J-Rocker's hotel rooms at A-Kon. I never really even heard of Duel Jewel before I got to hang out with them.. and now there's someone playing that I actually REALLY want to meet! *_* ::Cross fingers:: Oh man... He's.. Just so fruity. How can you NOT love him? XD

DancingVampire
01-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Is now doing every thing in her power to get out to Texas. I WILL SELL PEOPLE TP FSKING GET OUT THERE!!! Im prob gonna drop Otakon

HikaruMiazaki
01-25-2004, 12:36 PM
I hung out with Duel Jewel at Katsucon and got snowed in with them @_@ It was fun though! I really like them and have become a rather big fan. I can't wait to see Miyavi either *o* I hope I can hang out with him for a bit and talk with my limited japanese lol

btw I don't see any info on Miyavi at the A-Kon website :x are they witholding information from us fans? lol ^^;;

Kaede
01-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Miyavi's english isn't that bad actually. I'd really like to see him...but a New Englander commuting to Texas *blinks* plus the people are going to -vicious- People are already organizing a big fanclub meeting, the people at the Jpophouse forums..but I suspect you have to be an "elite member" to get in, but I have no idea really.

Cherry
01-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Elite member? Ick...

Hikaru, That's cool! XD Snowed in with J-Rockers. There are worse things.

I work for House of Anime/J-Pop house. The guy who runs it is the one who brings the bands over from Japan. And so that's why I usually end up hanging out with them...though last A-Kon Duel Jewel made trips to Wal-Mart and got a skateboard. So that's why I was there at some point last time. I swear, they NEED a medic on duty 24/7. XD

Lyn
01-26-2004, 10:55 AM
http://www.a-kon.com/guests.html#miyavi Just to let everyone know, the official information is now on the site for the con. He is indeed going, it's not just a rumor.

I probably won't be able to go though. >_> Figures. But I'm not willing to give up Otakon like some of you people are. Sorry, Ota comes before Miyavi in my book. ^^; I mean, I like Miyavi and all but I'm not obessesed with him. Still would like to go to the con though...

Alexeil
01-26-2004, 01:42 PM
I nearly passed out when I heard the news!! I want to go sooooo badly! But even WITH dropping Otakon, I may still not be able to afford it ;_;

Visual_Kyoist
01-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Ooo~ Miyavi!? I wanna go to A-kon... but I still don't know.. Otakon or A-kon... I wonder who the guest at Otakon will be...

HikaruMiazaki
01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Miyavi comes first for everything for me ^o^ I might be skipping my own Graduation to be there for him o_o I grad. on June 3rd lol. Well it's in the morning maybe I can leave that day afternoon XD Hopefully I can be first in line for signings and in front row for concert like I was with Duel Jewel @_@; Otakon isn't all that great tho. The staff upsets me and they were mean to Midorikawa Hikaru >/

Do you think Miyavi will play Pop is Dead? I love that song ^o^ :heart:

:D Look look at how kyute Miyavi is XD This is my fav pic of him xD

Rinoa1022
01-26-2004, 09:37 PM
ahhhhhhhhh! *cries* now i might not go to otakon and go here instead! mabe hell also be at otakon thou.....please please please!

Visual_Kyoist
01-27-2004, 12:50 AM
OMG!? I just remembered I still have school.. Well... I think I do!? Oh no!!! I might not be able to go!?!?! Miyavi!?

Rinoa1022
01-27-2004, 01:03 AM
gasp! its a picture of miyavi! hehe what site did u get it from. itz like impossible to find picyz of him since that stupid rule lol.

Cherry
01-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Man. . . . no Otakon. Miyavi is much better than Otakon! I'm sorry to say I'd choose him over TM Revolution any day, thpugh they are equally big nerds.

:D Can't wait to meet him.

chibi_kitsune
01-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I somehow always end up in the J-Rocker's hotel rooms at A-Kon. I never really even heard of Duel Jewel before I got to hang out with them.. and now there's someone playing that I actually REALLY want to meet! *_* ::Cross fingers:: Oh man... He's.. Just so fruity. How can you NOT love him? XD

Yah, I worked on staff at a different convention and ended up in the guest room, but everybody was nice to me even though I had no clue want I was doing :thumbsup: . well I was working for the guest anyways so that did make since. too bad I can't see mivavi if he is really going cause it's too far way.

Cherry
01-27-2004, 10:07 PM
=x I love your icon.

Yeah. At A-Kon ontop of working for the guy that brings the band over, I'm also a medic minion.. So I pretty much do handy work all over the con.. =x Most convention people that deal with guests are really nice.. because lets face it. It's their job to make people feel comfy!

All but AX anyway. ::Grumblegrowlhiss::

=x Never know maybe something good will haaapppeeen.

::Jittery excited hop::

HikaruMiazaki
01-27-2004, 10:53 PM
What rule? Anyways I got it a long time ago @_@ I forget. But it's so cute! Lol :)

chibi_kitsune
01-28-2004, 02:59 AM
=x I love your icon.

Yeah. At A-Kon ontop of working for the guy that brings the band over, I'm also a medic minion.. So I pretty much do handy work all over the con.. =x Most convention people that deal with guests are really nice.. because lets face it. It's their job to make people feel comfy!

All but AX anyway. ::Grumblegrowlhiss::

=x Never know maybe something good will haaapppeeen.

::Jittery excited hop::

Thanks, yah lot of people on staff were nice to me some can be rude and lazy so I had to do their work as well :rolleyes: , but it's hard work but fun too. I meet someone that works for house of anime/jpop house and he was nice, I was going to see if can work for them next time if I can.

Cherry
01-28-2004, 03:29 AM
:x I'm pretty sure we're all full for A-Kon. You probably met an asian guy, I'm betting. He's fun. Vera' vera ' sweet

chibi_kitsune
01-28-2004, 04:44 PM
:x I'm pretty sure we're all full for A-Kon. You probably met an asian guy, I'm betting. He's fun. Vera' vera ' sweet

Yah, I forgot his name though, it's o.k. that A-Kon full since it's way far away from where I live and I don't have that kind of money to travel that far, wish I did though so I can check out other conventions.

vallen
02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey, Miyavi's not going to be at A-kon only! You can catch him at Anime Central, JaCon, and PMX as well as A-kon...

http://www.jpophouse.com/pages/miyavi.html

Black Glass <3
02-18-2004, 09:18 PM
*spasms* O_o

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

^___^ I cannot believe it! OoooOOOoooh, this is going to be an awesome first convention for me XD

Tsuki_Hime
03-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Oh poo...what to do... (that freakishly rhymed o.o;;; )
Hehe anyways...^^;; It looks like a lot of people have the same dilemma as me: Otakon or AKon. They are both equal distant from where I live which is Georgia. Miyavi is so awesome though...I must see him! I guess as of right now, Akon is my priority. Plus, its on my bday which is June 5th! What a nice bday present, ne? :D Would it be too much to meet him cosplayed as him? xD

-=Faust_VIII=-
03-08-2004, 04:52 PM
;_; There is no way I'd be able to go unless someone gave me a 1,000 dollars. *cries* I live in Tennessee and unless someone could shimmie over here I doubt I'd get to see Miyavi..

Tsuki_Hime
03-08-2004, 09:41 PM
I love to shimmy, but depends on distance and if i get paid or not. ^^;; I think I'll meet and greet Miyavi as himself...I wonder what his expression would be...xD

Akari Hoshi
03-10-2004, 02:46 PM
I haven't been to the A-kon site, but last I checked, A-kon was asked to pull all stuff about Miyavi coming to the US until his managment Team could announce it offically. That MIGHT be the rule that was mentioned. I don't know though.

Tsuki_Hime
03-15-2004, 09:25 PM
But he's still going to Akon, right??? o.0;;

kirineko
03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Due to circumstances beyond A-kon's control, Miyavi will not be appearing at A-kon this year.

Please view their official webpage for more details
http://www.a-kon.com

ZakuKitty
03-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Well that sucks but I guess these things can't be helped. I wasn't going to the con for him anyways. ^^