PDA

View Full Version : My odd GLaDOS idea...feedback?!

alpha_helix
04-13-2012, 09:17 PM
So, I've been on a huge Portal kick. Like, huge. Anyway, I decided to doodle up my own humanoid GLaDOS because I can. Everything in my brain gets mixed around with weird neo-futurist and historic stuff, so she came out Edwardian, and since I'm addicted to all things late Victorian/early Edwardian, I'm itching to make her. Is my brain going into "wtf were you thinking?!" or might I be on to something? Here's the doodle

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318140_2939989415300_1128090207_32214555_187713317 2_n.jpg

I'd like feedback...less on the art (it was a silly doodle) and more on the concept. In case it isn't clear I've got the personality cores on the hat as well as the eye piece thingy, loads of wires, and a parasol with the Aperture logo on it (which I drew horribly). I'd really love any suggests or constructive feedback...

...or cake

Moofingham
04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I say go for it. This is hobby of daring and adventure so if Galados wants to be Edwardian, she can be Edwardian. (And now I am hearing her yelling 'C'mon dover!" is that creepy voice she has...)

Love the parasol idea as well. As for the skirt, were looking at the.... triangular shapey skirt? Not that familiar with Edwardian...but like this? http://www.trulyvictorian.net/tvxcart/product.php?productid=111&cat=14&page=1
And then adding wires around it? Or having a skirt like that as an underskirt and then a bustle or overskirting at the back and connecting the wires to that wrapping around to the front, almost like a cage bustle but on the top of the garment? (Though...bustles are more Victorian Era aren't they)

Either way, love the concept.

alpha_helix
04-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I was going for: flared skirt and a bustle like thing with wires on it. Yeah, the cage bustle was a few decades out of fashion by then, but obviously this isn't the sort of projects where sticking by historical accuracy isn't really necessary or possible.

Anyway, I just got an awesome idea for the cores. They can be the hat pins!

cupcakemurphy
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
That sounds like a fantastic idea! Good luck!