PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: Ani.me returning (Scavenger Hunt, Free Cosplay Photography, more)

ElCapitan
04-16-2012, 12:07 PM
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 13, 2012) – The summer’s most anticipated Anime, Japanese music and manga event, AM2 announces a partnership with leading community and Japanese lifestyle site Ani.ME to develop a free phone application for attendees which will have voting capabilities (i.e. Masquerade, AMV’s, etc.), instant convention schedule updates and additional convention information on Guests and other activities. In addition, the popular fan community will also have an onsite convention presence with live coverage and an onsite photo studio for cosplayers. More info and attendee registration can be found at www.am2con.org and www.ani.me.

To celebrate AM2, Ani.ME will be customizing their mobile application to provide fans with the latest scheduling information, maps, Guest of Honor bios, fan voting (Film Festival, Masquerade, AMV’s, etc.), giveaways, video, photos, news and more. Available for iPhone and Android! Fans will be able to download the application the week of the convention and be able to maximize their fun and AM2 experience!

Onsite at AM2, Ani.ME will be running their second annual AM2 x Ani.ME mobile scavenger hunt where fans can use the AM2 x Ani.ME mobile app to find hidden QR codes, earn special badges, and win real prizes. The hunt will have a to-be-announced theme to fully engage participants in a fun alternate reality game (ARG)! More surprise details will be announced soon, along with prizes, and even possible participation from Guests of Honor! Last year, many attendees played and won awesome prizes and again this year, AM2 x Ani.ME Scavenger Hunt will add a whole new level to the AM2 experience!

Also, before the doors open and after the halls are empty, Ani.ME will be a major source of coverage at AM2 of the latest happenings, top guest interviews and “on-the-ground” views from fans, online and in-person on the AM2 floor. This interactive coverage will allow fans around the world to participate- truly making AM2 an event for fans everywhere!

In addition, cosplayers (costume play) spend hundreds to thousands of dollars and uncountable hours on their amazing and intricate costumes and both Ani.ME and AM2 understand how important this is. To celebrate and commemorate the hard work of fans and to present cosplay as the creative art form that it is, Ani.ME will be offering their famous photo studio on the AM2 floor. Cosplayers can have professional photos taken with free digital prints and low-cost archival gallery prints. Come join and help us celebrate cosplay at AM2!

“We are excited to be supporting AM2 in creating an event that is truly for us fans,” states Ani.ME co-founder Mike Prasad aka “AnimeMike”, “We love that AM2 can be enjoyed by all fans, regardless of age or income, whether purchasing an AM2 Passport or attending for free. Supporting the community is our core and everything we do is focused on community first. I’m happy to see AM2 hold these same ideals to heart.”

AM2 representative Chase Wang states, “Partnering with Ani.ME is a wonderful and fantastic opportunity which our attendees will truly benefit from. We will be able to bring more to our attendees with the phone application in terms of schedule updates, maps and more! With the coverage and photo studio, we definitely will be able to provide the world a glimpse of all the fun and excitement that AM2 will bring to our attendees with major concerts, exhibit hall, artist alley, screenings, summer festival, arcade, AniMaid café and so much more!”

Please note that ALL Guest of Honor activities (i.e. panels, autographs, appearances, etc.) are ALL Passport preferred activities. There will also be a private Meet & Greet event for Anaheim Hilton Room Block Attendees (room key proof is required).

Attendees can avoid the anticipated huge lines at autographs, premiere screenings, workshops, main events, concerts and panels by purchasing a Passport fast pass for the event. The Passport fast pass will also provide holders with premier seating options at Main Events and at Concert events as well as major discounts with theme parks (including Disneyland and the grand opening of Cars Land, Knotts Berry Farm, etc.), retailers and local restaurants. Bypass the lines and get your Passport today and experience the difference!

AM2 current activities include Exhibit Hall, AMV’s, Arcade, Summer Festival, Behind the Voice Actors Studio, Masquerade, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, Workshops, Panels, Concerts and more!

Current AM2 Official Guests of Honor include Putumayo, Andrea Libman, Quinton Flynn and Toshihiro Kawamoto.

Brathzo, Icarus Kid, Kazha, Lucid and Momotoma join Summer Festival join other announced performer Ant1Nett

AM2 Premieres, screenings and exclusive screenings include ACE ATTORNEY, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: THE STAR OF MILOS, KAIBUTSU-KUN THE MOVIE, KAIJI 2 and more!

Current Major Sponsors Include: Anime News Network and Snakebyte USA.

Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/AM2Con

Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/AM2Con

About AM2

Located in Anaheim, California – AM2, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM2 will be held on June 15-17, 2012 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.am2con.org