PDA

View Full Version : Who is Going?

Clueless Case
01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
-sneaks about and plants a lil flag- I HAVE OFFICALLY TAKEN OVER THIS.....

Ne wayz.....yay! I have another con to go before AX and its by the same ppl ooooooooooooooooooooooo....Whos planning to go? I ordered tix for the concert and might hang around that day but htat its for me.

katchoo
01-22-2004, 08:39 PM
I think I'm going with a few friends. It's closer than fanime. although i hear fanime is fun...*sigh* all these choices. If only they would spread the cons out a little I could go to all of them!

Super No 1
01-23-2004, 01:07 AM
I'm going. It sounds like fun and has a lot more variety than the typical anime con.

For the concert, I got floor tickets in Section D, Row 4. I don't know if these are any good or not, but I bought them the same day they went on sale.

Yeah, a lot of AX staff are also working on PMX, but I hope PMX is more laid back. AX is so exhausting.

Michi
01-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm going. ^_^v All because of T.M.R. :D

Clueless Case
01-24-2004, 12:33 PM
yay!! How much did u pay for tix?

Michi
01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Floor seats are $40.. :X

Gundam_MkIII
01-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Yep, im going mostly cause its closer than Fanime, I love the con center and cause TMR is gonna be there, i got floor seats section B row 1, and then i'll be cosplaying for the rest fo the con with my friends

Visual_Kyoist
01-25-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm going~ But mostly for TMR!!! I got 1 row seats for D~ Yay!!!

Clueless Case
01-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Wahhhh.. Gundam....you go to my school!!!!!

Suzushichan
01-27-2004, 09:44 PM
PMX is closer than Fanime for me as well...I'm kinda' sad though, 'cause my boyfriend is going to Fanime and I'm not going with him. :( ...but I'll have a nice welcome-back present for him. heh.heh.heh. ^_^

shogun
01-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Floor seats are $40.. :X

Well, our vision was to make this as close to a real concert as possible. We want a full concert with staging, sound that shakes the house, cool lighting and the full Japanese concert experience. We didn't want to do what is traditionally done, which is a band goes into a programming room and basically does glorified karaoke. Hopefully, fans will feel that they got their money's worth.

Besides, $40 is for front row. For much less, you can watch him from the Terrace seats.

Mike

Michi
01-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Oh, I wasn't complaining about the price or anything. T.M.Revolution is my favorite singer ever and I'm very happy to see him live [again]. $40 is wonderful to have floor seating, which I've attained for myself, my friend, and my boyfriend. ^_^

jennekohan
01-29-2004, 02:30 AM
I'm going! Got my TMR tickets (front row! * 3 *) and I can't wait!

Firefox
01-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Pre-registered and everthing! See you all there!

Ameria
01-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Woooo, I'm going!!! It's mostly for the T.M.R., too. Go figure. ^_^ I got first row in C section! *does the hyper happy dance*

LupinSansei
01-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Im probably goin!!

Anele
02-11-2004, 11:30 AM
There's a chance I may be going, since college lets out for the summer a few weeks before this.

Velvy
02-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Yay, an alternative for very very far Fanime. I'm 95% sure I'm going. XD I think I found out about this a little late tho. :( I mean as far as T.M.R. goes, I hope I can still get myself and my friend good seats.

doragon
02-17-2004, 10:51 PM
now that I found out that Daisuke Moriyama is going [the author of Chrno Crusade] I'm sou there!

.. and cosplaying as Rosette... haha! [and making a friend be Joshua, more haha!]

shogun
02-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Personally, I'm wondering how many nuns with guns we will see at PMX...

Mike

doragon
02-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Personally, I'm wondering how many nuns with guns we will see at PMX...

Mike
LoL. Well, one more.. with a brother [and possible Chrno and Ion xD]

XJhideSB
02-18-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm going. I've got front row, center section seats for the TMR concert! Yes!!!

Ami Yuy
02-18-2004, 07:49 PM
My friend, her boyfriend, my boyfriend, and I will most likely be going to just one day. My boyfriend and I are thinking about going to the TMR concert, but eh...money! It's not that expensive, but when you don't have jobs, it's too much. -_-;;

Lol, I was considering making a Rosette costume, but I don't know if I'll have time or money to do so between now and then. ^_^

shogun
02-18-2004, 08:41 PM
My friend, her boyfriend, my boyfriend, and I will most likely be going to just one day. My boyfriend and I are thinking about going to the TMR concert, but eh...money! It's not that expensive, but when you don't have jobs, it's too much. -_-;;

Lol, I was considering making a Rosette costume, but I don't know if I'll have time or money to do so between now and then. ^_^

For fans who can't go to the TMR concert the day before the convention, TMR will be doing different activities throughout the convention. That is why he is also listed as a Guest of Honor. We are scheduling his autograph times, panel times and trying to confirm other commitments with his fans.

Mike

TyJILDown
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
I am going for many reasons, has been officially decided today that I will be attending. I am only bringing one costume though >_<

shogun
02-19-2004, 12:12 AM
I am going for many reasons, has been officially decided today that I will be attending. I am only bringing one costume though >_<

Well, PMX will be bringing in a slightly different crowd, so we wanted to allow for our most expensive event to be available to anyone, whether they went to the con or not. However, given the strong following that TMR has in the anime community, we wanted to make sure anime fans had access too. I think that PMX will probably bring in about 1-2K fans who aren't into anime or manga at all. We hope that these single-interest attendees will find a lot of other cool things that they will get into. We want anime, manga, music and asian cinema to become more inclusive, not more exclusive.

Mike

Ameria
02-22-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm going. I've got front row, center section seats for the TMR concert! Yes!!!

You too?! Yay! *does the Happy Justice Dance™* Hooray for Takanori-sama!

Anna_Sagara
02-28-2004, 07:12 AM
Hi there, minna-dono ^_^x!

Aw! I'll definitely go if ... only I lived in the the U.S *sigh*

OMG! Yasuhiro Nightow (creator of T.R.I.G.U.N *.*) and T.M.R is gonna be there as Guests of Honor!! I am so wanting to have their autographs. >.< Oh, well! There's always one day =3

PMX sounds and looks so cool!! All you lucky people who will be attending ^___^!!

Gatack
02-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Nyah!! I also have Sec. C first row tickets!! Mwahahaha! And I plan to attend the rest of the con, though I may be alone...*tear* But I'll have One Piece, FMA and either Naruto or HikaGo cosplay!

Chas
02-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Nyah!! I also have Sec. C first row tickets!! Mwahahaha! And I plan to attend the rest of the con, though I may be alone...*tear* But I'll have One Piece, FMA and either Naruto or HikaGo cosplay!

Alone you will not be! For I am going to be joining yooou! :333

.... And I am highly considering picking myself up a ticket for T.M.R. too.

sacha
02-29-2004, 06:46 PM
I am seriously hoping I can make it to PMX. I'm gonna bust my backside getting extra schoolwork done (I'm homeschooled) so that I can take extra days off for travel time. I'm hoping I can set up something with me mum since A-kon's the very next weekend, and I'm going to that, and later that month I'm going to CA for my graduation ceremony (the homeschooling program I'm in is based out there), and we're tight on money. So, I have to find the most efficient way to get to PMX. I'm hoping I can bring up the subject soon with my mom so that if she agrees I can go, I can buy tickets for the TMR concert ^^

It sounds like a really awesome con :D The main draw for me is Miyavi, TMR, and Silver Ash, but I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to occupy my time with as well if I manage to get out there hehe ^^

shogun
02-29-2004, 08:58 PM
It sounds like a really awesome con :D The main draw for me is Miyavi, TMR, and Silver Ash, but I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things to occupy my time with as well if I manage to get out there hehe ^^

We are trying to do more with the performers than just the concerts. Although we don't have the schedules up yet, all the musical performers have agreed to do other activities during the convention to meet with their fans and also to promote their latest projects. We are also working on developing cosplay events specifically for the jrock genre.

Mike

BlueLady
03-01-2004, 12:58 AM
I will hopefully be there.. yay me, hope to see everyone there

yukitoLeonheart
03-01-2004, 06:48 AM
wait, Blue, you said you weren't going...........because if you are going then I might go and.........ahhhhhhh I am so confused........TM Revolution is here, you and DC.......my first West Coast convention..........

I Don't know what to do

TyJILDown
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Come yukito! We must invade the west coast >:D Plus you gotta support me and teh Bun~

Selphie_fairy
03-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Im most likely going :D

Daitenshi
03-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Damn. If only this wasn't happening the same weekend as Fanime. ;-;

Ukayoru no Chou
03-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Daitenshi is like me..cept for I said screw it and want to see Miyavi so I'm going. xD. ( I havn't been on here in so long..@_@ ) anyways, I dunno if I should get tickets for T.M.R. or not..I havn't heard mucho from him...besides..are they're any decent seats left? :D...*ponder* we'll see, but I'm going..and trying to find who I'm going to bother half the time..since I'm going alone ._.;

shogun
03-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Daitenshi is like me..cept for I said screw it and want to see Miyavi so I'm going. xD. ( I havn't been on here in so long..@_@ ) anyways, I dunno if I should get tickets for T.M.R. or not..I havn't heard mucho from him...besides..are they're any decent seats left? :D...*ponder* we'll see, but I'm going..and trying to find who I'm going to bother half the time..since I'm going alone ._.;

For people curious about tickets, you can go through ticketweb.com and see what you can get. Just don't put in your credit card info and the seats will go back into the pool if you don't buy it.

Mike

Psychotic Jei
03-08-2004, 11:12 PM
After much debate...and looking into the wallet and the time issues....I will probably be at PMX instead of Fanime.

Sagara-san
03-09-2004, 09:57 PM
I just found out about this from Iori_E last weekend......he also told me that T.M.R. was gonna be there so he and I are going with the rest of my crew(they didn't wanna go till I told them T.M.R. was gonna go live) but its only gonna be for the one day T.M.R. is there.

Dawn
03-10-2004, 12:27 AM
I am so there. Hurrah! Registered, got my tickets...etc. XD I'm going for Mr. Nightow. I'll forever love Trigun and this will be the most awesome moment of my life to see Nightow in person.

I'm also attending the TMR concert. He's spiffy. And I have friends from the East coast who are coming down for the concert, and I definetely wanted to see them ^_^ :jjacks: :jjacks:

chubbybunny
03-23-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm going! Courtesy of my lovely job who will be spotting me $ for the room and admission ^.^

It will be my first west coast con too! Yoroshikuuuuuuuu ne? :angel:

I'm worried I'm gonna be lonely since my job is sending me out with some other interns and I don't know anyone out there >.<;;

shogun
03-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm going! Courtesy of my lovely job who will be spotting me $ for the room and admission ^.^

It will be my first west coast con too! Yoroshikuuuuuuuu ne? :angel:

I'm worried I'm gonna be lonely since my job is sending me out with some other interns and I don't know anyone out there >.<;;

Wow, what kind of cool job do you have?

Mike

chubbybunny
03-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Wow, what kind of cool job do you have?

Mike

Marketing/PR intern at Tokyopop ;)

Hikaru_Ayanami
03-23-2004, 11:21 PM

i will be going lol not that any one really cares lol. not cosplaying cuz i am curentl working on fullmetal alchemist cosplay. any way i just going for 1 or maybe 2 days fo PMX

shogun
03-25-2004, 12:31 PM

Well, then tell Grace to get off her butt and buy some booths!

Mike

YamiMegumi
04-02-2004, 02:11 AM
i kight go...dunno

Yui
04-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Well, due to a shocking cosmic event, I'm coming and I'm bringing lots of people with me.
Three cons three weekends in a row....really far apart....I'm going to get burnt out. But this is going to be worth it. ^_-

positivespace
04-10-2004, 07:50 AM
I'm also part of the shocking cosmic event (Psycho le Cemu!) folks that are suddenly going to PMX. So count me in!

Wolfgirl
04-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm goi8ng if i can get my costume done in time. or i mgight just wear the mononoke costume one more time. hehe.

FlameSniperRei
04-16-2004, 04:12 PM
^.^ I'm going, and that means my crew is too!

Wee I'm excited! This should ne fun!

DigitalCactus
04-27-2004, 11:53 PM
*bursts through the window* I'm goin! I'm goin!! I cant wait to meet Yasuhiro Nightow and hang out with my friends while I'm out there... heh coming all the way from Maryland, this will mark my first west coast convention.. Then I'll be back for AX in another month.. man my wallet is going to be hurtin

Xyque
04-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Werd, me and Digital are going to represent for the American Gungrave fans

shogun
04-28-2004, 01:48 AM
I think a King of Fighers/Fatal Fury gathering for Masanori would be really cool...

Mike

katchoo
04-29-2004, 12:57 AM
i'm going! Probably not the whole weekend but most of the time. I can't wait!

AgentSakur9
04-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Sadly.... We won't be there. We just got a big red REJECTED Stamp On Our Foreheads. Yep Their Media Relations people said we weren't fit to cover their almighty show. LOL. Oh well... Appeal? Nah, not worth it. It'll just make us look like crybabies (which we normally are.) And nobody wants to see a bubbling AgentSakur9. HA HAHA

I SOOOO wanted to see you all again too. Darn it... I have too much pride. HA HA HA... for shame AgentSakur9... For Shame....

Anyway I hope everyone has a good time. I am sure I'll here all about it from those who went. (Try to get me some freebies!)

Squall
04-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Man that sucks. I'll be sure to fill you in on what went on and such @___@

AgentSakur9
04-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Man that sucks. I'll be sure to fill you in on what went on and such @___@

I KNOW!!!!???????

Can you believe it?

The whole team was broken up about it too. PMX Media Relations are so MEAN! Oh well. Hey I don't want to make this into a poor AgentSakur9 thing... so uh... yah.

And I hope everyone goes! Really! Because shows like this are made for communities like this. Just cuz they were mean to us shouldn't discourage people to go. It looks like a lot of fun! Heck maybe we'll shell out $45 to go anyway. HA HA HA!!!!! Try to deny us then! MUWAH HAHA... ok I've gone insane. Sorry.

Squall
04-29-2004, 05:20 PM
I KNOW!!!!???????

Can you believe it?

The whole team was broken up about it too. PMX Media Relations are so MEAN! Oh well. Hey I don't want to make this into a poor AgentSakur9 thing... so uh... yah.

And I hope everyone goes! Really! Because shows like this are made for communities like this. Just cuz they were mean to us shouldn't discourage people to go. It looks like a lot of fun! Heck maybe we'll shell out $45 to go anyway. HA HA HA!!!!! Try to deny us then! MUWAH HAHA... ok I've gone insane. Sorry.

LOL yeah you have gone insane :schitzo:

Crazy Bunta
05-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Sadly.... We won't be there. We just got a big red REJECTED Stamp On Our Foreheads. Yep Their Media Relations people said we weren't fit to cover their almighty show. LOL. Oh well... Appeal? Nah, not worth it. It'll just make us look like crybabies (which we normally are.) And nobody wants to see a bubbling AgentSakur9. HA HAHA

I SOOOO wanted to see you all again too. Darn it... I have too much pride. HA HA HA... for shame AgentSakur9... For Shame....

Anyway I hope everyone has a good time. I am sure I'll here all about it from those who went. (Try to get me some freebies!)

I got rejected as well! Their exact quote, "You have not updated your web page on a weekly basis, and we believe you haven't updated it since January, so we can not give you press access". Yeah that's all fine and dandy except I'm there to film cosplayers, not make a web page! I made it pretty clear that I am making a cosplay documentary and that I want press access only to film, not so that I can make a web page with con reports.

This is their first convention and I've gotten press access to every other convention including E3. Who will be covering this event?

TheMeanPMXPress
05-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Hello, this is *THE* Mean PMX Press person.

I would like to say.. if you just want to film and take pictures of copslayers, you DO NOT need a press badge.

As long as you have the cosplayer's concent, take as many photos you want.

Thanks for posting about me.... I'm so honored.... :)

I got rejected as well! Their exact quote, "You have not updated your web page on a weekly basis, and we believe you haven't updated it since January, so we can not give you press access". Yeah that's all fine and dandy except I'm there to film cosplayers, not make a web page! I made it pretty clear that I am making a cosplay documentary and that I want press access only to film, not so that I can make a web page with con reports.

This is their first convention and I've gotten press access to every other convention including E3. Who will be covering this event?
:)

AgentSakur9
05-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Hello, this is *THE* Mean PMX Press person.

I would like to say.. if you just want to film and take pictures of copslayers, you DO NOT need a press badge.

As long as you have the cosplayer's concent, take as many photos you want.

Thanks for posting about me.... I'm so honored.... :)
:)

OMG! THAT'S GREAT!!! I was hoping she'd pop over here at say something... ha ha ha ha.

We really do think it's funny, being rejected and all... I should be there anyway to take pictures... so uh, no biggie. Anyway, I hope I see ALLLLLL of you there!

The honor was all ours! TTYL

Hikaru_Ayanami
05-05-2004, 12:32 AM
not suer it the right place to post. but about PMX does any one know how much it would cost for the last day. i am very tight on money right now also if their is a price to go to dearls room? if some one can tell me that would be good thx.

AgentSakur9
05-05-2004, 02:26 AM
I'll assume it's at the one day rate of $25... but then what would I know! HA HAHA...

Reaver
05-06-2004, 09:34 AM
well, I still dont know if Im going yet or not! X3

DorkyVash
05-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I am still figuring if I'm going or not. I hope the evil one doesn't go...=(

Jack Kim
05-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Looking forward to it already!

On a side note, and I know this will sound like a silly question, but will there also be anime screening rooms at PMX?
Just thought I'd ask.

Crazy Bunta
05-10-2004, 11:51 AM
OMG! THAT'S GREAT!!! I was hoping she'd pop over here at say something... ha ha ha ha.

We really do think it's funny, being rejected and all... I should be there anyway to take pictures... so uh, no biggie. Anyway, I hope I see ALLLLLL of you there!

The honor was all ours! TTYL

Why do all of my insignificant posts always get the officials from companies replying?! Um oh well. I should post more insignificant info.

I don't rememebr saying the word mean to them or anything, (they need to check the other posts cause you were the one that called them mean. LOL). Umm OK. I was just letting everyone know that I wouldn't be covering PMX and why. To my understading Press=people who cover an event. This means through photos, videos or articles. I think many of us were written off as non-press because we don't have a fancy website that does convention reports and reviews.

Since none of this was made clear to us people interested in covering the event in time, I can't squeeze it into my schedule now. I'll be busy covering E3 of course and get interviews there from the cosplayers working the booths, (yes cosplayers are going to be there working for 1up.com).

We already know what you think of this AgentSakur9. :) I swear I feel like I just got picked out of a lineup by having PMX respond to my meager post. I guess we're gonna have to settle for just having press access to one of those lesser conventions like San Diego Comic-Con, E3 and HIN.

AgentSakur9
05-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Whoa a lot of "Grrrr, Arghhh" from Mr.Bunta!!

Hey, well you're our favorite scapegoat. HA HA HA HA... sorry, I guess you'll have to be Charlie Brown. I feel you on this, but hey, take it in stride like we did! When in doubt, laugh aboot it. And YES, tis I who said they were mean. Have fun at E3, I couldn't get time off from work. Ughhh...

Enough Already, was I slighted? You betcha!! Did I take it personal? You know it!!! Do I think its Hilarious?! Yer Darn straight! Anyway I will be there irregardless (ooo I love that word!!!) and Yes I will be snapping away taking pictures! Yippie!!!

So I hope ALL of you are there so I can catch you in your wonderful costumes! I look forward to the show! Everybody sing! Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goooood bye! Na na na na, Na na na na, hey hey good bye.... now that I think about it, that song doesn't make much sense for this situation. O_o;

See you there!

Ami Yuy
05-11-2004, 07:28 PM
So I hope ALL of you are there so I can catch you in your wonderful costumes! I look forward to the show! See you there!

Hehe, well I missed you at AX and Comic Con last year, so we'll see if you get me and my friends at PMX. ^_^ As of right now I'm gonna be a random Ami (dark blue wig with comfy blue clothing) from Sailor Moon with a Julia (vinyl) from Cowboy Bebop.

AgentSakur9
05-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Hehe, well I missed you at AX and Comic Con last year, so we'll see if you get me and my friends at PMX. ^_^ As of right now I'm gonna be a random Ami (dark blue wig with comfy blue clothing) from Sailor Moon with a Julia (vinyl) from Cowboy Bebop.

YAY!

I will make it a point to find a Ami-chan roaming about the premises... Wow, how did we miss you at AX and Comic Con. Strange, Ne?

If you see me, feel free to bop me upside the head. Sometimes thats the only way to get my attention. If that doesn't work, ninja kick me in the back... that works almost all the time.

Ami Yuy
05-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I will make it a point to find a Ami-chan roaming about the premises... Wow, how did we miss you at AX and Comic Con. Strange, Ne?

If you see me, feel free to bop me upside the head. Sometimes thats the only way to get my attention. If that doesn't work, ninja kick me in the back... that works almost all the time.

Hehe. Yeah, who knows, my friends and I tend to wander frequently so I have missed all the "big" photographers except for Al (and he only got me once, at a gathering) and Lionel. ^_^

Now, if we knew what you looked like...lol, I find that to be one of the biggest problems. You may see a person with a big camera, but then you're not sure who they are and don't want to approach them. I had this guy come up to me at AX last year who wanted just a headshot of me, not smiling, and against a blank white wall. What for? Who was he? I DON'T KNOW...^^;;

*coughs* So, self-portrait? Lol, I know what Kyle, Al, Lionel, and some others look like now, hehe, so you're next. ^_^

Erik Kellstrom
05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi everyone, Me and my buds are cruise down there to check things out. We are also shopping for new costumes and anime. see ya there :dance:

Ura-Kou
05-30-2004, 04:56 AM
I just got back. It was pretty fun. Psycho Le Cemu ruled.