PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Female Lead....Who's better?

Lady Ava
11-07-2002, 10:35 AM
I need everyone's opinion....This was a long and drawn out debate that my anime society was having after we had a panel on Final Fantasy. Who was the best female lead:

Tifa
Aeris
Rinoa
Garnet
Yuna

I say that Yuna and Tifa were tied. Mostly because both rock in my book. But, What do you think? Who was the best?

Koumori
11-07-2002, 10:46 AM
I actually really like Yuna, though I know a lot of people would disagree with me. As the central figure of FFX, she displayed a lot of strength, determination and self-reliance, and she did what she had to do no matter how emotionally difficult it was for her - I respect that. Rinoa was a twit.

Umi
11-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Koumori
Rinoa was a twit.

Not to mention pushy. Hehe! Ok sorry but of all of the above she is my least favorite.

I like Aeris the best, even though the physical damage she caused was pretty minor >.>

Celine
11-07-2002, 11:07 AM
They are all pretty terrible. I am not a fan of FF love interest females, generally. I'm not including Yuna, as I haven't played FFX.

I'd have to say that Garnet sucks the least. She goes from being really really really annoying to slightly less annoying. She's one of the few love interests EVER who doesn't play that stupid game of "Oh, I don't really like <insert male lead's name here>! Tee hee!" -_- I mean, come on! We all know that the lead female and male characters have a 99% chance of hooking up. She doesn't complain about the wedding! That, in itself, is amazing. Not only that, but she sort of develops a small spine after she recovers from the whole being mute and sucking thing. She teases Steiner. She wears bright orange spandex in order to 'disguise' herself. Er, yeah. Yay FF9. ^_^;;

Rinoa is definitely the worst. She's beyond irritating, always whining, and you can't get rid of her. Tifa is lacking a strong personality- and she's sooo hung up on Cloud, who won't give her the time of day. Aeris is waaaaay too immature. She's supposedly in her 20s, and acts like she's at least 10 years younger. Argh! And none of these women have any brains! It's frustrating! I much prefer ladies from other games...

psythe
11-07-2002, 11:24 AM
I would have to say Aeris, when I first started playing FF7 she would always save my team's @$$. From a gameplay and character perspective, she rules ^^;

krystal1314
11-07-2002, 11:44 AM
I like Rinoa (ieeee! Don't kill me!!!) cause she wears her heart on her sleeve and honest! I also like Yuna ^^
Garnet is OK... but for some reason I don't like either Tifa or Aeris u_u

A J
11-07-2002, 12:19 PM
Terra Branford, Final Fantasy 6.

Cassandra
11-07-2002, 12:27 PM
WHITE MAGE!!!
http://www.nuklearpower.com/8bitcast.php

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010503

Chosuke
11-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Tifa-
I cannot stand Tifa,She was so Blase and rather plain.There was nothing extraordinairy or remarkable about her,she wasn't especially nice or courageous.. for me,she was just.. there.

Aeris-
I didn't appreciate Aeris until she died.She was a bit to sugary sweet for me,and nothing special as well.. plus,I wanted cloud to myself xD.Anyways..I only realized how much I had liked her more then Tifa when she was gone. ._.;

Rinoa -
At the beginning she was ok.Then she just got more irritating as the game progressed and was more trouble then help in the SL,she turned Squall mooshy and I think he would of been better off the lone wolf until the end.
Not bad in a battle though.

Yuna - I plain hated this girl.Aside from her eidolons and wedding dress she sucked severely on the Chobrat charts.

Garnet -
Was probably the most tolerable of them all.I didn't find her particularly annoying and her maturity was somewhat attractive.
She stuck through it and proved to be interesting...I would say shes my fav out of the MAIN female chars..
<I usually dislike all female characters,especially the main ones.>

This is not moving into Tactics and such though..If I counted the earlier FF's my fav would be different ^^

Rosiel
11-07-2002, 01:04 PM
What I would like to know is why the pre-FFVII women were not included. They were much stronger and much more appealing to me than the ones that are listed here.

And IMO Celes Chere is the best FF woman.
She wasn't the lead in her game, but it seemed like at times.

SleepingKirby
11-07-2002, 02:47 PM
To tell you the truth, I didn't think much of Rinoa's character when I first played FF8. But there's something that honesty and the "wearing heart on her sleeve" thing that Krystal up there mentioned that really appealed to me. I have to admire someone who's so honest and kind.

I think Celes. Terra might have been the main character, but Celes had a lot more personality. But I do have to admit, I played Terra more that I did Celes in FF6. "What's the point of Runic? I could never get it work effectively. Just cast a spell!"

Maryssa
11-07-2002, 04:05 PM
terra. you lose for leaving out the originals.

Luna Shields
11-07-2002, 04:46 PM
I would have to go with Yuna, because shes such a strong charachter. :D

Yggdrasil Pie
11-07-2002, 05:14 PM
I choose Aeris... I dunno, I liked her ever since I played FF7... And Yuna!!! They're both really pretty! XD

JoeBoeing
11-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Sorry, but I think that FFVII and FFVIII are pure crap and couldn't relate what-so-ever to any of the characters. Those two games turned me off to the newer FF games.

FFVI is by far the best FF game and I'm not sure who I like more, Celes or Terra. both are cool and have dynamic personalities.

If I have daughters I'm naming them Celes and Terra.

FRom,
Joe

DJ(SiC)ness
11-08-2002, 09:18 PM
boobs....i mean ah ....Tifa ya thats her name

haha...um *dj can for see the backlash*

Mikagami
11-09-2002, 02:58 AM
I was never too big on the female leads in the recent FF games since I used the supporting females more (Yuffie, Selphie, Freya, etc.). But Out of the female leads, I'd have to say Garnet was the better out of the ones listed.

I'm also partial to Aeris as well, since I'm a sucker for the cute and sugary sweet type.

And I have to agree with what Koumori said earlier. Rinoa *is* a twit.

KaineMaxwell
11-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Of the pre-FFVII I liked Ceres, Rosa and Rydia. Ceres had alot to her, along with her dark past- plus it did seem like she was the lead, especially when she's the 1st you control in the Word of Ruin.

Hiei
11-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Hehe~ Lots of people think I'm weird, since my amateur voice acting nickname is "Tifa",- er, it used to be, until I changed it to "Hiei"- and my favorite character is Aeris!

I love Aeris. She just.. rocks. ^_^ I also liked Yuffie.. @_@

I don't like Rinoa at all, and Garnet is too annoying for my tastes.

Yuna is okay- I /did/ like her in FFX, but I think she'll be better in FFX-2. (Did anyone see the outfit and guns yet?)

Sakura
11-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Rinoa... she reminds me of myself. I hope that statement doesn't make people hate me now ^_^; But she's really spiffy. Rinoa fights for what she believes in and is really cute and funny. Although at times I wouldn't blame Squall if he smacked her outta his way a few times...

3-D
11-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by A J

Absolutely. Terra was a badass. She had a few little issues with herself, but nothing you wouldn't expect. She was still tough as nails, good looking, useful in a fight, and definitely not a "full time whiner" per se.

Aeris, while a bit too perky sometimes, was often the kind of woman I can see myself being around just because she'd force me to keep my outlook up. ;-) That and the whole willing to sacrifice herself to keep others safe is an admiriable trait. In game she was useful only using Materia as her physical attacks were worthless but her magic power was second to none, BUT SHE'S DEAD BY THE TIME YOU GET THE GOOD STUFF. :(

I haven't played FFX yet so I unfortunately can't even begin to include Yuna in the equation. She is pretty hot though... ;-)

Beramode
11-10-2002, 06:41 PM
My favorite female lead will always be Celes. Strong, independent, pretty, and with a strong sense of herself and what her morals were, a strong sense of direction... I also pumped her up and gave her the Atma Weapon and all the best accessories... :X

I liked Yuna a lot, except she was far too dependent on other people's approval... takes a lot out of the 'strong female lead' bit.

Studmaster
11-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Celes Cherre Final Fantasy 6 for me.

Chas
11-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Yuna from Final Fantasy X, no contest.

lupohki
11-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Another vote for Celes .. no other RPG moment has touched me as much as the opera scene.

Sakura
11-13-2002, 05:35 AM
OH yeahhh! Iupohki, you're right about the opera scene *hasn't played the game in awhile and forgot* I loooove that part! *tear* it's so beautiful! I always use Celes (if I have a choice) in my FFVI party because I like her lots and she's strong. But then my favorite RPG moment wouldn't be the opera, I'd have to say it's when Luna sings the song on the boat in Lunar SSS *points to avatar* ^^

Choice
11-13-2002, 06:16 AM
dude, ive always had a thing for rydia.....

*dreams of a green haired girl floating through his window*

MitochondriaEve
11-13-2002, 07:45 AM
I think Garnet was... She's just so... um... PURE.
...Or maybe Aeris. Garnet or Aeris it is. :p

Mei Lan Chang
11-13-2002, 03:59 PM
Tidus.

Most girly [fe]male lead.

Gothic_Lulu
11-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang
Tidus.

Somebody had to say it......LOL!!

I really don't like the female leads to much myself....I like Tifa, Edea, Lulu and Beatrix myself (I really hated FF 9 though...)

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

Alaria
11-13-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang
Tidus.

Girly in terms of looks or personality? In terms of looks, I'd say Squall ties for being effeminate, though I still think he's cute

psythe
11-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Squall gets the bishie award from the psyth3 camp ^^v

Alaria
11-13-2002, 07:38 PM
::::nods empathetically::: and Irvine after

Mei Lan Chang
11-13-2002, 08:36 PM
When first starting FFX, I couldn't decide whether Tidus was a he or a she. Someone once told me he looked like Meg Ryan.

L to the 3rd
11-13-2002, 09:08 PM
LOL Meg ryan! XD soo true!

anyway..hmm i guess the best outta
the bunch is like...hmm Garnet I guess.

However I was really disheartened when Aeris died..
I like Rinoa for her innocence and naivety.. it was funny how she teased Squall. THey were like opposites!! (thus making it very interesting).

Celine
11-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Hey, if we can throw in other suggestions that aren't among the original bunch, I liked Rydia (FF4) and Agrias (FF Tactics), though neither was a 'lead' female character. Celes was cool for the first half of FF6... but I really hated her in the second half. ^^;; The opera scene was so fantastic.

Mei Lan Chang
11-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Damn you L....why must you tease me constantly by waving Orlanda Bloom in front of me all the time. -skritches at computer screen-

soshi
11-14-2002, 12:43 AM
aw damnit, someone beat me to the smart-ass Tidus answer.

anyway...

I haven't played anything before 7, simply because I haven't had time, or the systems they're on. *shrug* I didn't start playing RPGS until 8 came out.. hated 8, thought 7 was ok, didn't get into 9 at all, and loved 10.

as far as female leads go, I liked Yuna the best.

Aeris was OK, but they could have made her character so much more interesting. she had a relatively pivitol role in the grand scheme of things, but she herself was... overall boring.

Tifa just irritated me. her character had no point in the game. she was just a Cloud fangirl, and... boobies.

Rinoa was useless, and the story could have existed relatively untouched without her. she was one of the reasons I couldn't even get past the first disc ~ not only did 8's story suck, she was just so freaking irrirating...

I don't have much of an opinion on Garnet because I didn't play enough of the game to make one. it didn't interest me.

I like Yuna because she has a pivitol role in the game, an interesting personality, and she's emotionally strong. while she does have a romantic interest in Tidus, she doesn't do anything silly like "I can't live without you, I want to die too!" she does what she has to do and keeps her emotions inside (ok, ok, she cried in that big romantic scene - sue her! she's HUMAN =P), and keeps on going for the "greater good." when Tidus .. er.. died.. or whatever he does.. she just keeps on going, and like her little speach, doesn't stay sad forever.. she just remembers the good moments and goes on to live her life.

....... and then FFX-2 appears and RUINED THAT! lol. >_> who knows, eh...

Alaria
11-14-2002, 12:45 AM
its not teasing, its wonderfuls! The more L posts, the more we see Orlando :) :)
....of course, L, that's not the only reason why we want u to post ^__-

Mei Lan Chang
11-14-2002, 02:02 AM
It's teasing because I can't have him. T_T

L to the 3rd
11-14-2002, 02:17 AM
ahh! he's mine! *grab* ^o^

Squall-chan
11-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
ahh! he's mine! *grab* ^o^

:crylaugh: ...sorry its just when I read that I had the funnest image of u dressed as Squall hanging onto the waist of Orlando...damn, that would be great to see.

Something Lulu
11-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Yay, more Orlando!

I have to say I found Aeris completely nauseating. Garnet's cool, and Yuna's a great chara, but my two favorite FF chicks are Lulu and Tifa. And yes, Tidus and Squall are some very pretty guys. :D

Sirami
11-14-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Lady Ava
I need everyone's opinion....This was a long and drawn out debate that my anime society was having after we had a panel on Final Fantasy. Who was the best female lead:

Tifa
Aeris
Rinoa
Garnet
Yuna

I say that Yuna and Tifa were tied. Mostly because both rock in my book. But, What do you think? Who was the best?

That's a tough one! I don't really know. All of them are well designed characters, but I think that Yuna is the most developed character. For that reason, I think I lean towards Yuna as being a favorite. You could see her tearing appart inside durring the more emotionally difficult parts of the game. I liked that she did delay long enough to consider her options, unlike so many other game characters that are so stuck in there ways, that they can get through moral delimas as quick as you can hit the A button.

Celes would be another character that I would rank near the top.

I'll finish this later, as I have to go to class now.

Yuna
11-15-2002, 11:44 AM
Rydia, Terra and Yuna. They're the best. Yup yup. Summoners OWN, save for Garnet. Hated Garnet. The wholw "Woe is me" BS was deathly annoying.

SohjiroX
11-15-2002, 04:18 PM
YUFFIE!.....sorry aeris and Kitty, but I like her a bit more.

MarshalBanana
11-15-2002, 04:42 PM
heres some more final fantasy that seems to have been forgotten:

Alma -- FFT
Agrias -- FFT
Lisa -- FFU
Ai -- FFU

if youre going to vote have full representation!

Deathscythe
11-15-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Yuna
Rydia, Terra and Yuna. They're the best. Yup yup. Summoners OWN, save for Garnet. Hated Garnet. The wholw "Woe is me" BS was deathly annoying.

Garnet was much more top tier than Yuna. At least when you power up Garnet she can do some heavy damage unlike Yuna.

Plus, Yuna sounds like she has down syndrome. Plus, in terms of character Garnet was much better in her story because she had some internal conflict to deal with unlike Yuna who was just a summoner. Yuna only had to worry about beating Sin and she could still keep her summons. Garnet on the other hand had to protect her crystals. Lose one and God what will happen when someone gets a hold of it.

Yuna
11-15-2002, 08:56 PM
Internal conflict? Are you in crack?!?! Yuna had FAR more internal conflict then Garnet had or ever will!!

Spoilers~
In order to defeat Sin the way Yevon taught, Yuna had to sacrifice her own life. Garnet didn't have to do that. The most Garnet did was feel sorry for herself and loose her voice there for making her almost completely USELESS in battle!

Yuna never once felt sorry for herself. She was ready and willing to give her own life to bring a small bit of peace to her world. She didn't care; she believed that her life was worth the happiness of all. Even when things looked like they couldn't get any worse, she still fought for the people of Spira. The religion she devoted her life to; that taught her everything, turned its back on her calling her a traitor. Even then she STILL faught on and she was still completely willing to give her life for Spira.

Garnet denied her powers. She didn't want to except who she was until her mother started to steal her Eidolons from her. She was weak in character and in spirit. Through out the entire game she kept feeling sorry for herself instead of sucking it up and pushing on. Garnet has NOTHING on Yuna.

Yuna
11-16-2002, 02:16 AM
When Yuna starts making her way across the sphere-board her magic catches up and exceeds Lulu's. Also, every SINLGE one of her aeons are one hit kills. Valfore's Energy Blast: 99,999 HP, Ifrit's physical attack and Hellfire: 99,999 HP, Ixion's physical attacks, Aero Spark and Thor's Hammer: 99,999 HP, Shiva's Physical Attacks, Heavenly Strike, Diamond Dust and all third level magic spells: 99,999 HP, Bahamut-everything: 99,999 HP, Anime-everything: 99,999 HP, Youjinbo's Wakazashi: 99,999 HP, and Magus Sister's Delta Attack, Sandy's physical attacks and Razzia, Mindy's physical attacks and magic: 99,999 HP damage.

~note you have ot activate certain celestial weapons in order for certian Aeons to break damage limit of 9,999 HP.

Also, when Yuna casts Holy it regularly takes over 30,000 HP depending on feinds. Garnet NEVER had that kind of power; she never even came close.

Mei Lan Chang
11-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Mreow. Don't get between Nessa and her Yuna. ^_^

Yuna
11-16-2002, 05:02 PM
you can get between Nessa and her Yuna, just not with Garnet and a lame argument.

Deathscythe
11-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Internal conflict? Are you in crack?!?! Yuna had FAR more internal conflict then Garnet had or ever will!!

You can't be "in crack". You must be using IT.

Spoilers~
In order to defeat Sin the way Yevon taught, Yuna had to sacrifice her own life. Garnet didn't have to do that. The most Garnet did was feel sorry for herself and loose her voice there for making her almost completely USELESS in battle!

Hmmmmm...........useless in battle? Highly doubt that. Remember, in FFX you can teach ANYBODY white magic. In FF9 you only have one healer.

Yuna never once felt sorry for herself. She was ready and willing to give her own life to bring a small bit of peace to her world. She didn't care; she believed that her life was worth the happiness of all. Even when things looked like they couldn't get any worse, she still fought for the people of Spira. The religion she devoted her life to; that taught her everything, turned its back on her calling her a traitor. Even then she STILL faught on and she was still completely willing to give her life for Spira.

Worth the happiness of all? But why? She would come back as Sin and destroy all of Spira. Talk about happiness.

Garnet denied her powers. She didn't want to except who she was until her mother started to steal her Eidolons from her. She was weak in character and in spirit. Through out the entire game she kept feeling sorry for herself instead of sucking it up and pushing on. Garnet has NOTHING on Yuna.

But you also have to look at it this way. Garnet's character was the whole "I don't have faith" kind as opposed to Yuna who was always happy and always looked at life in a very optimistic manner.

Deathscythe
11-16-2002, 07:11 PM
When Yuna starts making her way across the sphere-board her magic catches up and exceeds Lulu's. Also, every SINLGE one of her aeons are one hit kills. Valfore's Energy Blast: 99,999 HP, Ifrit's physical attack and Hellfire: 99,999 HP, Ixion's physical attacks, Aero Spark and Thor's Hammer: 99,999 HP, Shiva's Physical Attacks, Heavenly Strike, Diamond Dust and all third level magic spells: 99,999 HP, Bahamut-everything: 99,999 HP, Anime-everything: 99,999 HP, Youjinbo's Wakazashi: 99,999 HP, and Magus Sister's Delta Attack, Sandy's physical attacks and Razzia, Mindy's physical attacks and magic: 99,999 HP damage.

~note you have ot activate certain celestial weapons in order for certian Aeons to break damage limit of 9,999 HP.

Also, when Yuna casts Holy it regularly takes over 30,000 HP depending on feinds. Garnet NEVER had that kind of power; she never even came close.

She needs to have certain Celestial Weapons in order to achieve 10,000+ damage. Now without that shes nothing. Her Aeons are still the same as anybody elses minus Bahamut, Yojimbo(but it depends how much you pay the freak) and Anima. I've never seen The Magus Sisters in action so I can't really say for those three.

Broken_Wings
11-16-2002, 07:12 PM
I'd have to say that Garnet is my favorite. I admire her strength and her spirit. My second favorite would be Aeris. I don't really like Rinoa or Tifa, but I'd say that Tifa is my favorite of the two. She was less annoying and bubbly then Rinoa.

Can't really say much about Yuna, I'm lacking a PS2. ^.^

Shadow Lady
11-16-2002, 09:44 PM
My two favorite female characters in FF games would have to be Yuffie from FF7 and Freya from FF9.

Celine
11-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Deathscythe
Hmmmmm...........useless in battle? Highly doubt that. Remember, in FFX you can teach ANYBODY white magic. In FF9 you only have one healer.

Not to be difficult, but there were two healers in FF9. As much as I hated her, I found Eiko to be a much more effective white mage than Garnet. She had Holy and Esuna, two of the best spells ever, and she didn't go through that whole "I'm mute and will randomly do nothing for my turn" episode. I never used Garnet in battle after I got Eiko...

Yuna
11-17-2002, 04:51 AM
You can't be "in crack". You must be using IT.
That was a typo; it was supposed to be on.

Like Celine said, Eiko was there as well. I too found her far more useful in battle then Garnet because a) her magic *did* more and b) her Eidolons could do different things. I.E. if you equipted different jews on and summoned Fenrir or Carbuncle the would use different attacks.
~copied form my website - fffemmes.net :
Eidolon : Item Equipped: Spell Name: Effect

Carnucle: none: Ruby Light: Casts Reflect on entire party

Carnucle: Emerald: Emerald Light: Casts Haste on entire party

Carnucle: Moonstone: Pearl Light: Casts Protect on entire party

Carnucle: Diamond: Diamond Light: Casts Vanish on entire party

Fenrir: none: Terrestrial Rage: Causes Earth damage to all enemies
Fenrir: Maiden Prayer: Millennial Decay: Causes Wind damage to all enemies

And there you have it. Eiko > Garnet

Worth the happiness of all? But why? She would come back as Sin and destroy all of Spira. Talk about happiness.

Yuna did not know that she'd come back as Sin. All she knew is that Sin would be gone for a while and that for that short amount of time there would be peace on Spira. Not until she encounterd Yunaleska did she find that out, and at that point, she did NOT summon the final Aeon and she defeated Yunaleska making it impossible for Yu Yevon to ever create another Sin again and impossible for any other summoner to bring the Calm. She did that without hesitation; she willingly turned her back on EVERYTHING she was taught. Everything. And at not one moment did she feel sorry for herself. She keeped pushing on. She DIDN'T loose her voice to sorrow because she was stronger then that.

But you also have to look at it this way. Garnet's character was the whole "I don't have faith" kind as opposed to Yuna who was always happy and always looked at life in a very optimistic manner.

That's just what makes Garnet's cahracter so god damned annoying. "I don't have any faith... everything I do just bring more suffering, woe is me I can't do anything right.. I'll loose my voice and make myself totally useless in battle.. woe is me..." That was SO annoying! Yuna put on that facade of happiness and optimisim for the people of Spira. She knew that if she seemsed happy that it would bring them all hope. She was their pillar of hope! All summoners were. So, she wanted them to have that hope and that ment hiding her true feelings. It's A LOT harder to smile when you're unhappy then it is to give into your own feelings of unhappiness. Everything Yuna did was for the people of Spira, everything. And she did all of those htings with arms wide open and she never had any regrets. Garnet regreted everything she did after the fact. "I drugged everyone and went off to try to stop my mom. Of course by doing this I just helped my mom destroy MORE things... I'm so sorry! Feel bad for me! I'm so pathetic!!"

Dude, I do like Garnet, I think she's awesome; esspecially her outfit. But to pit such lame arguments that she's better then Yuna becuase she has more internal conflict and is there for more tragic is really asking for an argument.

Edit:
She needs to have certain Celestial Weapons in order to achieve 10,000+ damage. Now without that shes nothing. Her Aeons are still the same as anybody elses minus Bahamut, Yojimbo(but it depends how much you pay the freak) and Anima. I've never seen The Magus Sisters in action so I can't really say for those three.

Yeah, you needed her celestial weapon to break damage limit, or just customize a weapon with it, but still, name ONE instance in FFIX where Garnet took 99,999. Yeah, I've played the game until all my poarty members were on level 99 and not even then did they take 99,999. Grant it they are two sepreate games, FFIX and FFX, but the fact remains the same. Bahamut, Anima and the Magus sisters don't need a character to unlock their celestial weapons to break damage limit of 9,999; they do it anyway.

Alaria
11-17-2002, 04:58 AM
::::eeks and looks meekly at the above postings::: oro, to avoid getting into entanglements, I'll forgo stating my favs for the newer ones...from the older ones I like Celes from FF6 and Ferris from FFV though I preferred her speech when played on emulators without the pirate accent :)

Yuna
11-17-2002, 05:00 AM
DUDE! ::glomps Alaria:: X3 more people need to show love to the classic FF games X3

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SohjiroX
YUFFIE!.....sorry aeris and Kitty, but I like her a bit more.

Well your comment is irrelevant considering we are all talking about LEAD females and not secret characters.

Anyway I can't decide. I love EVERY one of the FF leads except Yuna. I have no reasons why I dislike Yuna either, and as Lulu finds Aeris nausiating.. I found Yuna nausiating. lol ^o^

I guess I would say Tifa since she was such a powerful and tragic character in my eyes. I loved her to death. Coming in second was Aeris, I cried when she died, and I draw her and cosplay her. I love both their stories, and I found FF7 to be the most epic and amazing game I to this day have ever played. The ending sequence still brings tears to my eyes.

</geek>

Yuna
11-18-2002, 08:34 PM
*sigh* ;-; I wish I could share Yuna with you Adella... *sigh*

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:39 PM
I'm sure the day will come.. when all the annoying "YUNAYUNAYUNA"-ness is gone. and people are obsessing over a new person then I'll like her. It took me 3 years to like Aeris.

Alaria
11-18-2002, 08:40 PM
::::ponders for a moment:::: for how many of you would it make a difference if Yuna had had a different voice, or no voice like the previous FFs? I'm not taking either side, just curious

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:41 PM
I would probably like her if she didn't have a voice. I have no reason to dislike her aside from how I don't like how she looks, her voice, and how she acts.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-18-2002, 08:41 PM
Don't worry Yuna-sama...we still worship you, all of the Yuna lovers in here. Myself included...

Aeris was cool, but her role in the game was too short. It would've made more sense if she died like at the end of the second disc...that way you know that you want to get through the 3rd disc and kicks Sephiroth's ass.. that way at least Square could've developed her character more. She was a crucial role in the game no doubt, but at times, it felt like she was the princess that needed to be rescued. That's my opinion only though..

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:44 PM
That's how I felt when I had to rescue Yuna from the Al Bhed. -_-;;;;;;;;;;;;; I didn't like Aeris for 3 years. Not until all the fandom shut the heck up. I think it's all the obsessive Yuna sigs and Yuna fans that make me just.. despise her. when they get over it.. then I'm sure I'll like Yuna.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Aeris-san: well, I guess each his/her own thing. Still, doesn't Aeris and Yuna have the same roles for both games, come to think of it...
both are summoners/white mages
Aeris died to save to the planet
Yuna has to die at the end of her summoner's quest to save the planet
Both are Princess that need to be rescued one way or the other
Both have implied romantic leading men
One gets killed by a bad ass
One almost gets killed by a wimp...
I don't know, any more possibilities are there?

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:52 PM
You know, I haven't finished playing Final Fantasy 10, so you just spoiled something very important for me. That pisses me off. Do you know that?

Aeris and Cloud are not romantic together EITHER, Tifa and Cloud are.

Why don't you, instead of trying to defend Yuna, let me have my opinion and not try to argue with me. Arguing will only make me hate Yuna, because her fans annoy me. Thank you very much for spoiling part of FF10 for me.

Alaria
11-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by RyuHayabusaDOA2
One gets killed by a bad ass
One almost gets killed by a wimp...
[/B]

Oro, I didn't know that either....O_o Haven't finished playing.....but there is no one in 10 that can even compare to Sephiroth. I know this sounds horrid, but even though I was crying when Aeris died and I was so angry at sephiroth...he just became that much more awesome villain...as only sephiroth can do

Tifa
11-18-2002, 09:43 PM
x.x I hate Aeris for some reason. I don't exactly have a reason, but maybe I'll get over it...I hated Rinoa for FOREVER, but now she's my second favorite character out of 8 (Zell's first, of course!) Tifa is my favorite of the leading female characters 'cause of her awesome attitude and her strength (which is really good in my game; plus, I like characters that use their fists as their weapon). Although I like her so much, she could do without the short skirt and she could maybe even get her chest resized.. (all my friends make fun of her for that =--'=) Yuna was okay, but sometimes I thought she acted kind of strange, and her voice didn't make me like her anymore... Oh, I almost forgot about Garnet..she's way too forgettable... Garnet was just a bore to me. If you ask me, she had barely any personality. She'd frequently change throughout the game. First, she appears sad, and then she's suddently excited about the whole adventure and getting kidnapped, and then she just settles down and becomes nothing. I thought she had a really, really weak spirit sometimes and in some points of the game, I felt she had nothing to do with the main part of the story. It almost seemed that the only reason she was a main character was because she and Zidane loved eachother.

Adella
11-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Yay for Tifa ^_^

I didn't like Aeris fans for another reason: They think she belongs with Cloud and she does not.

Tifa
11-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Yeah, that annoyed me a lot, too.

Adella
11-18-2002, 10:09 PM
And their usually obsessive and psychotic. I've never met a more psycho league of fans in my life. And they usually all hate Tifa. The more obsessed with Aeris they are, the more they have Tifa and call her bad names. It makes me mad because I *LOVE* Tifa as much as I love Aeris. I mean.. just look at my Tifa website...it's very obvious. I think Aeris like.. attracts psychos. I know better than anyone how crazy Aeris fans can be -_-

Tifa
11-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Oh, and I think that might be part of the reason I like Rinoa a lot more than before; I think she's hated so much, that it's become a 'thing' that everyone's gotten into. I feel sad, because the main reasons she's so disrespected is just because: 1. People are stupid and jealous over her relationship with Squall in the end because they become so obsessed with him (*gags* Eww!) and 2. Because of her flirtateous (Oh, I don't know, I've know spent half a minute deciding the spelling.....) and outgoing attitude towards people. I mean, it's not like that's the reason I like her, but I respect her a lot more now that I understand why I hated her so much (which was because of her attitude being so much different from mine).

Adella
11-18-2002, 10:16 PM
Yeah Squall sucks. I thought he was lame... >.>;;;

There's nothing wrong with flirts.. although Aeris really should not have flirted with Cloud infront of Tifa.. but that's another story.

Rinoa flirted with one guy, one, and that's Squall. People call her a ho' a flirt, etc. But being a flirt means you have to flirt with a lot of people, and she only flirted with Squall. Besides Squall is head over heals for Rinoa, it works ^^;

Tifa
11-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Squall was boring. I though he could have showed a little more interest towards what was happening... He acted like he was dead or just not there. And I agree, I hate when people refer to Rinoa as a slut just because she shows some affection towards Squall (I meant flirtateous as another, stronger synonym for outgoing). And about Squall again, I thought he was probably one of the worst (if not the worst..) leading male characters in RPG (if you want to call it that) games. He had no emotions and acted like he hated everyone (although I find a few of his reactions in his head funny). Even though I understand why he's that way, he still could be a much better leader.

Yuna
11-18-2002, 10:57 PM
::eye twitches in anger::

... ... ... first off, Yuna doens't need rescueing... she was with her uncle who simply wouldn't let her throw her life away, she was in NO danger and therefor didn't NEED to rescue her. You jsut do becuase Wakka was hit but a stick from the stupid tree and hates Al Bhed.

SECOND off, why would you let other fans determine your fandom? I mean, if you *don't* like a character because of the fans then why bother to like them when the hype burn down? Her fans will still be there, it's not like she's not going to have any anymore...

and for the simple sake of the record, at the end of the game Yuna DOES NOT tell Tidus "I love you" She, in the original Japanese version says, "Arigato (thank you)"

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Thanks Yuna-sama...
*goes into hiding and writes on his journal*
never, ever, make Yuna-sama angry.. and I was just doing comparisons in my own opinion of course.

Adella
11-18-2002, 11:06 PM
You know your not helping Nessa. When I say I don't like a character, I don't like a character. If that characters fans annoy me, that means they annoy me. When you argue with me about it, it only proves what I say. "oh no Adella doesn't like Yuna! we must argue with her about it even if it will only make her mad and not change her mind!"

Celine
11-18-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tifa
And about Squall again, I thought he was probably one of the worst (if not the worst..) leading male characters in RPG (if you want to call it that) games.

Are we now going to move on to which Final Fantasy male lead we like best? XD I have to agree with basically everything you said about Squall... I couldn't stand him! Having to deal with him as the main character was agonizing. Of course, I wasn't much of a fan of Cloud, either. FF heros usually annoy me. ^^

[RAVE]Haru
11-19-2002, 08:00 PM
Yuna, Rinoa and Aeris (why do so many ppl not lik Aeris?!? it was soo damn sad when she died)... well... thts my 2 cents anyways :P

Tifa
11-19-2002, 09:33 PM
This is new for me to meet people that don't like Aeris, anyway...

To Yuna: What I meant was that when people started to hate Rinoa so much, I tried to understand why I hated her, realizing that my reasons for disliking her were stupid. The reason I don't like Aeris is just because I find no interesting factors in her. I usualy don't let other peoples' opinions stand in my way..

About FF leading males: I agree. I found them pretty much boring. All Tidus ever talked about was himself in his head. He acted selfish when he kept saying "This is my story" and stuff like that. Cloud, on the other hand, never talked. He was almost as boring as Squall. Zidane was more dynamic and I thought he was a really good, and very heroic, leader and character. I guess maybe I shouldn't change this forum into a different topic (if people would actually mind), but hey, I'm stupid; what do I know?

Alaria
11-20-2002, 01:30 AM
::::scolds::: don't call yourself stupid! You're entitled to your own opinions and ideas :)

Adella
11-20-2002, 02:10 AM
Yes you are Tifa.. goddess of all that is loving smart and rockin' :)

engrish
11-20-2002, 02:08 PM
I like Rinoa. There's something about her personality that I can't seem to get enough of it. I guess you can say Rinoa comes pretty close to what I would consider "the ideal woman".

*hands out barf bags to everyone who wants one*

go ahead we're all intitled to our opinions :D

Tifa
11-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Yesh we are. =^^= My opinion is that I'm stupid. WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yuna
11-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by engrish
I like Rinoa. There's something about her personality that I can't seem to get enough of it. I guess you can say Rinoa comes pretty close to what I would consider "the ideal woman".

*hands out barf bags to everyone who wants one*

go ahead we're all intitled to our opinions :D

I love Rinoa, I try to be more like her becuase she has this amzing thirst for life and it just seems like when you're around her (in a rhitorical sense) you can feel her love of life and it makes her want to taste the world how she does.

I definatley think she's one of the best Final Fantasy characters ever created.

Adella
11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Rinoa is hot.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 07:40 PM
"won't say anything cause he will get flames if he does"

Adella
11-20-2002, 07:42 PM
what you just said directly contradicts your sig o.o;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 07:46 PM
*his mouth zipped*

Tifa
11-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Lol...

Adella
11-20-2002, 07:47 PM
o.o;;;;;;;

Yuna
11-20-2002, 08:24 PM
Rinoa IS hot

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 10:01 PM
I like this plot analysis of FF7. It has very good points concerning the unfinished game theory along with everything else:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_plot.txt

Tifa
11-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Not working for me?

Adella
11-20-2002, 10:54 PM
me either.

Yuna
11-20-2002, 10:57 PM
it just said it was linked from this URL...

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 11:13 PM
okay my bad, I made a mistake:

go here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/20052.html and

then go to Plot Analysis on the In-Depth FAQ section... and just click on it... kinda forgot that they have a no linking policy..

MarshalBanana
11-21-2002, 12:01 AM
Agrias!

Tifa
11-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Wow, that's given me a whole new understanding to the whole FFVII story... o.o' Now I feel like I interpreted everything so wrong..

Adella
11-21-2002, 07:04 PM
I disagree with a good deal of it personally.

Yuna
11-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Well, the thing with Final Fantasy games is that everything that is not stated, i.e. is only subtely hinted/ensued, is left to the players interpretation. So, no one can truely be wrong in their assumptions because we wouldn't have to assume if Square had simply stated it as fact.

Adella
11-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Exactly. Which is why there really isn't a given "explanation" of the game unless it comes from SQUARE.

Yuna
11-22-2002, 06:24 PM
I accually love to read/'hear of other people's interppretation of things. If it weren't for you, Adella, I wouldn't have excepted the TifaXCloud thing because I was a AerisXCloud supporter. And I think, coming from that point of view, then listening and taking in your point of view give one a better respect for all interpretations of what *might* have been.

Adella
11-22-2002, 06:44 PM
go me ^_^

Auron
11-23-2002, 09:54 PM
YUNA ALL THE WAY:D

Kurenai
11-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Hmmm hmmm hmmm......::stretchies::

WAIII to the girls before FF7! I think all of them definitely had a reduced "Oh I can't live without you save me I'm helpless!" vibe. Yay for Celes and Terra ^_^_^

While I think Rinoa's personality was a joke and wasn't quite done right (she DOES enjoy life a lot, but she's too clingy and doesn't know when to shut up) it doesn't bother me a bit when people say "I love Rinoa! Yay!" It's just diversity of opinion :p
I know this is a "female leads" post but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Quistis and Selphie yet. They rocked ^_^
The FF7 girls...well personally I wasn't impressed with any of them. The female I liked the most was Marlene...because Tifa, Aeris, and Yuffie didn't appeal to me. They seemed to be too stereotypical.
I love Garnet ^_^ Just because she really tried to change, and she did what she had to do when she had to do it since she had a duty. Plus wearing orange is more fun that I would have thought!
I haven't played FFX yet....(wai...;_; no ps2 for me) but from what I've heard Yuna's a sweet girl. And then the previews for FFX-2 come along...and ::scratches head;: yeah. I guess we'll see how she acts in there, but I've never subscribed to the whole "dress determines personality" thing.
So that's my $0.02. I bet some of you won't like it, an' that's fine, but those are my opinions.

tamahomegurl
11-27-2002, 02:41 AM
ummm...i don't know about this question - i'm wayyyy bias - i love kick ass girls (literally ass-kickin chicks)....^^;;

Tifa rules...no question about that!! ^___^ and the new x-2 yuna looks pretty darn full of ass-kicking - she's gonna let 'em eat hot lead...!!!

PretearWink
11-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Tifa. Hands down. She was so human! And she saved Cloud's butt! How many people can claim that? She didn't sit around in a gas chamber, waiting for someone to rescue her, she got herself out, rescued everyone else, and then went over to Mideel and was able to bring Cloud back from the lifestream! She worked hard for her man, but didn't get overly clingy. *coughRinoacough*

In fact, she waited on telling him her feelings, because she knew the boy had problems (way more than angst-ridden Squall: "Oh no, I'm hot, I'm in charge, and yet....I must keep up my angst-ridden teen persona...I MUST!") and he was trying to save himself and his own sanity, and wasn't able to "give" of himself in any kind of relationship. She was able to respect that. Plus, she was unsure of herself with Aeris running about under his nose.

Don't get me wrong. I like Aeris. Just not for Cloud. ^_^

But back to Rinoa for no reason other than I want to....

You can be so MEAN to Rinoa, and her annoyingness just gets worse...and worse... (which is supposed to be inticing...screaming: DANCE WITH ME in you ear to make you go on a date with her, and then insisting on leaving early because the music sucks. B**ch.)

and I thought I was going to like her.... Quistis, now THAT'S a character with some depth. She was vulnerable, but strong. But a lead....she was not.

I'm such a huge CloTi fan.... FF7-2 is offically in the works (check Gamefan and IGN I believe) I really hope they continue their story together ^__^

Tifa
11-30-2002, 03:51 PM
I still don't understand the credits of Kingdom Hearts where it implies Cloud had been searching all the worlds to find Aeris...

PretearWink
11-30-2002, 07:35 PM
I say that if you were searching worlds for someone, and you FINALLY found them, you'd hug them or something. Cloud was the strong, silent type, but I don't think he was above doing SOMETHING when he first saw "his light" again. I still believe he was looking for Tifa and that's that ^_^

Yuna
12-02-2002, 12:11 PM
and the never ending argument between Tifa x Cloud or Aeris x Clous continues....

Adella
12-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Um I think he's searching for both Sephiroth and Aeris. Aeris is his light because he's working for hades and she's miss holy lady. Until he says "I love you" like all the other FF characters out there do.. there will never be a definate couple.

PretearWink
12-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Does anyone think that's gonna be resolved in FFVII-2? ^_^

I know I'm crazy 'cause I think he's searching for Tifa...^_^;; Mean old Sqauresoft can't throw me a friggan' bone.....

Adella
12-02-2002, 03:54 PM
I also heard that he was searching for Tifa. *grin* I hope that Tifa and Cloud make babies in FF7-2 :O

Yuna
12-02-2002, 04:21 PM
<totally random> *FFX Spoilers*

In the original game of FFX YUNA NEVER TELLS TIDUS "I love you..." in the end! She says, "Arigato," SO YEAH! FUCK AMERICANS AND THEIR OBSESSION WITH CHANGING IMPORTANT THINGS!!!!!

Adella
12-02-2002, 04:27 PM
hm the syllables sound about the same.. maybe that's why they did it? O.O?

Lady Sephiroth
08-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Yuna is determined, but I dunno if she is the best female lead. I prefer kick-butt types like Tifa or Paine. I would say Aeris since she is innocent and gentle, but she's a little too girly to be the best female. Don't get me wrong though, she's a great character!

Masayume
08-05-2004, 12:38 PM
First off I need to comment that I really need to play the other games @_@

But yea, Yuna was the female character I used the most in X, especially after I got her to learn most Black Mage spells and then Lulu looked like a pitiful weakling >_> *ahem* At the moment in this poll I stand for Yuna, just because I love her character from X and even in X-2 (flame me and die =P *glares*) I mean, compare her to her main "man". Tidus cried more than she did!! O_O Seriously, the man's a pansy. Yuna has her annoying moments, but few. For being only 16 years old in X, she is strong, set in her ways, speaks eloquently, stands up for what she believes in even though it means defying the ways of Yevon, besides, she has the Aeons man come on o_o The Aeons rock XD

Dewprincess
08-08-2004, 08:07 PM
So far the only FF games I've really played have been 4 and 7. It's a tie between Tifa and Aeris at this point. I wish I could play more of 7 but my disc is freezing up at the same point and I can't get past. So I don't have Cloud to brighten my night, and my tears flow like waterfalls....

KamisButterfly
08-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Tifa all the way

Angelwing
08-08-2004, 09:20 PM
I'd want to say Celes for my favorite, but I will have to say Yuna for this one. Since she is more strong-willed than Celes and would make a better lead.

Serria
08-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Wow, old thread.

Aeris is my personal favorite, but I guess I interpretted her differently than most people. Sweet, optimistic, and kind-hearted, yes, but not stupid and girlie (at least, not any more than most girls are when they flirt). She was smart, an amazing magic user, and even a leader in her own right. She died, but stuck around long enough to save the Planet.

Tifa was a good character, but didn't do anything particularly hero-ish. She mostly just followed Cloud. =/ Doesn't mean I don't like her as much, she just doesn't come across as a heroine for most of the game.

Rinoa... annoyed me.. very much. I actually liked her alot in the beginning, around the time you first met her. But then as the game progressed, SHE seemed childish and immature. Like... "Save me Squall! I like you!" ... "...Whatever." ... "Tee-hee!" Um, okay. I mean, she had her high points. But... really.

DarkCorp
08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
I would have to say Celes, Terra, or Aeris.

Is it just me or did these women not only take charge and save the world, but also kept their femininity while doing so.

esantiago7292
09-05-2004, 06:37 AM

Tifa
Aeris
Rinoa
Garnet
Yuna

i think Yuna had the best lead....i dont really know why..sorry...Aeris was good but she died to quick...ya i also think tifa was good

ChibiRydia
09-05-2004, 06:57 AM

Agreed.
She is the best and most well-developed (AHEM. Personality-wise, I mean) of them all, I think. And there are so many facets to her personality.

HOWEVER, I have not played ALL of the Final Fantasy games, so after I do, perhaps my opinion might change.

MemoriesofYuna
09-05-2004, 07:31 AM
for me it's yuna but for multipul reasons.
1.) she's so much like me that i adjusted to her and as we all see am obsessed with the whole yuna thing now
2.) her role in the eyes of others as spiras only hope is a truely miraculous thing
3.) her kindness towards others and attitude isenough to make me smile.
4.) im not very formilliar with the other final fantasy game. lol i have them.... but not the memory card to play them. XD. i did play ff 7 for some time *without memory card! ahhh* and gotpretty far into it enough to get to know tifa pretty well. and in ff8 i did the same and got to know selfie pretty well but havent gotten much towards the other femal characters. i actuaully don't want to. cause right now with amm of my yunaness i have never been happier. -Aseret Yuna

CaptainJake
09-05-2004, 07:47 AM
Terra and Tifa.

Melime
09-05-2004, 09:33 PM
At the risk of sounding too mainsteam and like a bandwagon jumper and also at the risk of having people kick my butt, I am going to say that out of all the girls listed, Yuna is my favorite.

Small frame, gentle heart, yet a will as strong as steel that Ronso cannot bend! (or however it was that Maester Kelk's little speech went)

Even in FFX-2! I actually think that Yuna was a lot better in X-2 than she was in X. She was a lot more independent and kicked some major behind, yet at the same time she was still the same old Yuna.

But I really admired her strength and determination in FFX. Especially her willingness to sacrifice herself for the good of her people. She always put herself second, and while sometimes maybe a bit too much, I still admired this. I greatly admire people who always put themselves second.

And also, there is only one scene in the entire game of FFX where Yuna actually needed to be saved, and the people trying to kidnap her were actually the Al Bhed who are the good guys. They thought that THEY were saving her by trying to kidnap her! Otherwise, if you think about it, she was fine on her own and perfectly capable of saving herself. In fact, her guardians coming to her rescue is probably what made things worse (such as storming the wedding, they didn't need to do that because Yuna had her own little plan; or even the whole event at the Macalania temple, Yuna was fine until her guardians confronted Seymour). Trying to save Yuna just leads to trouble. People just need to learn to let the girl be.

Not to mention personality wise, Yuna is kind of like me. A little too overly nice, grew up in the boonies (Besaid: small island in the middle of nowhere while I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere). I related to her so well.

As for Rinoa, I don't like her much. She seems like such a little brat. In fact, the only female characters I liked in FFVIII were Selphie and Fujin, and Fujin isn't even playable. And truthfully I have yet to play FFVII or FFIX, so I don't know what to think about Aeris, Tifa, or Garnet yet.

Yeah so what if I might be a little biased, then? Sue me...

Arista
09-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Yuna! She kicked arse in X, X-2, and possibly will in Kingdom Hearts II. :D

Arc_The_Lad
09-06-2004, 10:23 AM
White Mage, she does something I've wanted every female lead to do. Never talk.

But seriously, I don't like any of the female leads.

Anele
09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I never really liked the female leads of Final Fantasy, probably because of the overall character (example = why do they have to be so lovestruck? >_>). FFX-2 Yuna kinda stepped over the line.

AngelicSorrow
09-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I like Rinoa...even if she is kinda lovestruck. She's a lot like me...rebelious...annoying...and asian(according to my eye sight I see her as an asian). I mean I just love how she dresses. Arm warmers, she has a black ribbion on her left arm. She has highlights in her hair. She's like the only one with good fashion sense...no offense on FFX-2 since I totally love that game, but all of the original Final Fantasy Female Lead characters don't have that real life look to them. Not many people that I know keep their natural hair color...and...all of the other female characters have a 'natural' hair color. Rinoa doesn't because of the high-lights.~Mi Xun Rinoa

PretearWink
09-06-2004, 07:03 PM
I gotta go with Terra. Without having a love interest to bog down 80% of her personality, she was one of the deeper characters in all of FF I think. ^_^ Plus..badass pink kitty thing. Gotta love that. ^_^

Lady Sephiroth
09-08-2004, 03:03 PM
I really like Tifa, cause she is so strong and can stand up for herself. She adds a lot to the game, and will add a lot to the new advent children. Aeris was a good character, a little too girly though, but sweet. I actually like all the FF girls but those are my favs. I am sure after I finish ff3 I will also like Celes and terra.

Melime
09-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I like Rinoa...even if she is kinda lovestruck. She's a lot like me...rebelious...annoying...and asian(according to my eye sight I see her as an asian). I mean I just love how she dresses. Arm warmers, she has a black ribbion on her left arm. She has highlights in her hair. She's like the only one with good fashion sense...no offense on FFX-2 since I totally love that game, but all of the original Final Fantasy Female Lead characters don't have that real life look to them. Not many people that I know keep their natural hair color...and...all of the other female characters have a 'natural' hair color. Rinoa doesn't because of the high-lights.~Mi Xun Rinoa

o_o! Rinoa has highlights? I never noticed that...

scandia
09-09-2004, 06:18 AM
I don't see Rinoa as Asian. Sorry if I offend anyone by this. She looks like me the most out of all the FF females, and I'm Mediterranean. Now Yuffie IS Asian, although she does not look it all that much in the video game (but in Advent Children she does).

Anyhow, my favorite of the FF leading females (the "lovely heroines") is Rinoa indeed because she's the most assertive of the bunch. I like Aeris, Terra, and Rosa, but they are not as outspoken. Garnet and Yuna are OK I guess. Of the "capable ladies", I like Tifa and Quistis best, but the rest are fine. And of the "perky little girls", the only one I can actually say I like is Selphie. Rikku and Eiko are passable.

Kataiya
09-13-2004, 05:21 AM
LEAD femmes huh? Well alot of them dont strike me as much as the supporting females, ala Yuffie, Porum, Paine, Lulu, Selphie and Quistis, Freya and Beatrix. Freya would probably be my all time favorite because she's a tragic character, but she doesnt let love get in the way. She can save her own ass and proves to be, to me, the most useful character in battles with rei's wind, which regenerates your character, and dragons crest, which is the only thing that did 9999 damage on necron. She is also dignified and eloquent...I just love her. Next would be Yuffie, she's full of life and spunk and has an attitude, but deep down, she cares what people think about her. She's alot like me. She gets points off cuz she DID steal the materia and she had to be saved once (the might don corneo strikes again), but she always brightened up the mood in VII and she was also quite useful in battle. Anyways, onto the lead females.

I have never really, truly despised a lead female character. They all have redeeming qualities. I have despised male leads...like Tidus and Squall...but without them, Yuna and Rinoa wouldn't be happy would they? Double-edged sword.

Tifa- She annoyed the crap out of me at first. She was all clingy on Cloud, needed to be saved, wore a short skirt with big boobs....ok. But after she saved Cloud from the lifestream, I had respect for her. She had real emotional strength to do that.

Aeris- I liked her. She was lively and sweet. And having her mother and father killed and her being still so cheerful, it takes alot of strength to do so. However, I think her time was too short in VII and she never had a chance to grow on me as say, Yuffie did.

I havent played a huge amount of VIII yet so Ill save Rinoa for later.

Celes Chere I really liked--at first. She was a strong female with heart. Although all the others went off to do their own thing after Kefka took over, she knew what had to be done and went on her way to gather them for the final battle. However, the whole Celes/Locke thing was INCREDIBLY cheesy. Maybe its just cuz I think Locke is a total goob and Setzer and Edgar are WAY cooler.

Terra- She never really clicked with me. I think she's strong , independant, and I really appreciate how she helped the kids in the end...but I dunno, she never really clicked

Rosa- she was basically Cecil's girlfriend. That's about it.

Garnet- Probably my favorite lead. I thought she was so human. She's had a horrific past, but unlike most ff leads that are like "Oh, my parents were killed but now I sell flowers! Lets have fun cloud!" , she actually acknowledges it and it makes her stronger. After your kingdom was destroyed, your surrogate mother died, would you be happy go lucky? Of course not! And thats what made me love her...she was HUMAN. She was silenced by all the horrible events....but she realized what she had to do...and the past made her stronger. She also realized she couldn't become queen until she gained enough responsibility. She had to help stop Kuja to protect the future of Alexandria. Garnet was just an awesome character. Not as cool as Freya.

Yuna- my second favorite lead. Although she clearly loved Tidus, she wasnt hung up on him and didnt have the "save me" crap. She could do things by herself. She was strong-willed and courageous. She also treated the aeons lovingly, not as just some summon. She did have her cheesy moments tho, but I think that was because of bad dubbing (I know shedidnt say "Oh poopy!" e.e) ANd I liked her even more in X-2 cuz she was more independent...although she was parroting Rikku some of the time O.o; which is frightening.

SailorMoonStar
09-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Terra is the best! I really thought she was going to end up with someone... but didn't, which means she doesn't need a man. lol. She was awesome.

ChibiRydia
09-16-2004, 06:42 AM
I gotta go with Terra. Without having a love interest to bog down 80% of her personality, she was one of the deeper characters in all of FF I think. ^_^ Plus..badass pink kitty thing. Gotta love that. ^_^

Wow. Good point. I've always loved Terra as a character, but never compared her to the other leads like that. She isn't a love-sick twit!
Lol.
:love:

Shaman Soul
09-16-2004, 08:59 AM
um ill go with yuna

Konrad-Chan
09-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Aeris by far...

Yuna - Too flaky, lack of personality depth

Garnet - Cliched personality

Tifa - Not delved out enough, lack of cutesy

Rinoa - Malibu Barbie. Nuff' said.