PDA

View Full Version : Aragorn Costume

Lex
01-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Hey everybody,
wanted to see what you guys thought of my Aragorn costume.
The boots and cloak are temporary until I can get my hands on the right materials.

Until then....enjoy!

P.S. This is Aragorn mid "Return of the King" (Minus the beard, I forgot not to shave :waaaah: )

nyamiko_chan
01-23-2004, 01:49 PM
I know this is for constructive critism, but since I'm not an expert on RoTK I just wanna say <3 OMG! I think it looks awesome! The detail on the hand guards (arms) just so pretty. It must have taken a while tomake this all.

Lex
01-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I know this is for constructive critism, but since I'm not an expert on RoTK I just wanna say <3 OMG! I think it looks awesome! The detail on the hand guards (arms) just so pretty. It must have taken a while tomake this all.

Thank you :)

The Vambraces (hand guards) are treated embossed/carved leather, can't take credit for it though. My friend Scott Maple made them, he also has an incredible wich king costume as well as many others.

Check out his site at www.kropserkel.com

Kirschwasser
01-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Wooo-------w, that is one awesome costume~! I can tell you put a lot of effort into this & it's wonderfully detailed. I give you ten stars!!! *Applaudes you* Yay~ for all LOTR cosplayers. I love LOTR so much. XD

Kasai
01-23-2004, 03:02 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAH. *glomps*

I'm sorry to not be.. constructive.. but that is such an awesome costume. *awe*

And Kirschwasser, I could not agree more. I really feel like Return of the King is THE best movie.. ever.. *lurbs it* How many times have you seen it? I'm up to four. =D

Your costume is AMAZING, Lex. My only suggestion is that the cape color is sliiiightly off. But it's completely incredible otherwise!! XDDD\

*glomps other rabid LotR fans*

Lex
01-23-2004, 03:08 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAH. *glomps*

I'm sorry to not be.. constructive.. but that is such an awesome costume. *awe*

And Kirschwasser, I could not agree more. I really feel like Return of the King is THE best movie.. ever.. *lurbs it* How many times have you seen it? I'm up to four. =D

Your costume is AMAZING, Lex. My only suggestion is that the cape color is sliiiightly off. But it's completely incredible otherwise!! XDDD\

*glomps other rabid LotR fans*

Ha ha ha ha, thanks Kasai. Believe it or not I have only seen ROTK once, really need to go see it again, just can't find the time right now.

Hitori
01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
First off, so pretti *drool* Tell your friend Scott Maple "WOW"
That aside, mainli your problem is colour. The red is not dark enough, the leather part actualli ought to be a dark dark green (Unless it's different for RotK, I saw it three times but all in the first week, so I'm not quite sure but I wouldn't think Aragorn had time to go shopping). I'm unsure about the details of the rest of the outfit, so can't critic^.^;;
I applaud your sword, it's sooooo pretti. Did you make it?

yuffieleonheart
01-24-2004, 12:33 AM
*_* that costume is just awesome.. i really like how you have the sword and pendant ^^; even a small detail it's an important one XD very nicely done.

Aya Mizu
01-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Those arm braces are a thing of beauty. Wonderful work so far. :D

Chino-San
01-24-2004, 03:02 AM
I must say your costume is truely amazing. Aragorn is one of my favorite LOTR's characters. The only thing that bothers me is the cloak you are wearing. It must be abit more tadered up if you know what I mean. But that is just my opinion.

Lex
01-25-2004, 11:26 PM
thank you for your suggetions so far, they are very valuable.

To answer some questions....

The cloak, as I said before, is merely temporary. I am in the process of aquiring the same material they used for the lothlorien cloaks in the films. When I finish the cloak I will post it.

The boots are also temporary. The man who was responsible for making most of the footwear in LOTR actual sells them, as well as many different styles from the films. When I aquire these, I will post them as well.

As for the duster, I agree it should be a dark green as oppose to brown, but I didn't realise this mistake till after production. So I will revisit it and fix it, but not till all the other pieces are accounted for.

Thanks for the comments, and keep 'em coming. Advice is always helpful!!

-Lex

allyunion
01-26-2004, 03:31 AM
I don't suppose you'll be attending in Anime Expo in that costume or any other convention on the West Coast of the United States? The costume is amazing... Now if I can just add a few more details to my Frodo costume... (no picture yet)

Lex
01-26-2004, 09:12 AM
I don't suppose you'll be attending in Anime Expo in that costume or any other convention on the West Coast of the United States? The costume is amazing... Now if I can just add a few more details to my Frodo costume... (no picture yet)

Funny that you asked. I will not be attending any west coast conventions in the frist half of 2004. However, I am moving to Calabasas California come summer. So I look forward to attending some conventions after the move and I've settled in.

P.S. my friends think I'm defecting. :rolleyes:

Hitori
01-26-2004, 10:24 AM
However, I am moving to Calabasas California come summer. So I look forward to attending some conventions after the move and I've settled in.

Would this perhaps include Comic Con? It would be awesome to get together for some photo ops w/ mi own small group (Faramir, Boromir, Eowyn, Grima and a wraith)

Lex
01-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Would this perhaps include Comic Con? It would be awesome to get together for some photo ops w/ mi own small group (Faramir, Boromir, Eowyn, Grima and a wraith)

Possibly, I would really like to attend that, as well as many conventions as possible. It all depends on the move and what condition myself and my new place are in at the time. Until then though I'll keep everyone updated.

Photog
01-26-2004, 01:36 PM
That is friggin' awesome! you look 10X better than the fans here in BC Canada that I saw at the premiere, and they were pretty decent.
Can't wait to see the pics of the new cloak!

allyunion
01-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Calabasas... wow... that's... fairly remote...

That's between Thousand Oaks and Burbank... kind looks like you're on the outer edges of Los Angeles...

Well, I hope you at least try to attend Anime Expo in Anaheim, July 2rd to July 5th.

Bah... defecting... it's not like you're moving to the Middle East or whatever. Jeez, it's just the United States.

Photog
01-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Bah... defecting... it's not like you're moving to the Middle East or whatever. Jeez, it's just the United States.
I think he's Canadian to begin with.
We have so few yet you have so many!!! :waaaah:
Did I mention I totally dig the sword? Is it authentic?

Lex
01-26-2004, 01:57 PM
I think he's Canadian to begin with.
We have so few yet you have so many!!! :waaaah:
Did I mention I totally dig the sword? Is it authentic?

Yes the sword is authentic.

On another note, the defecting comment was really just a joke. If I offended anyone I apologize. I have no problem moving to the States, but I'll never forget Canada. Too many good friends, family, and memories.

Damnit, I got sentimental.
:thumbsup:

dagmarus
07-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Really, well done! I, myself have an aragorn costume, and am working on his Royal Garb now. Really well done with the bracers. I know what a pain those can be! Good work!

Sakana_Janai
07-11-2004, 04:52 PM
mmmmm nicey nice costume!!!!!

If I saw you at a con, I would either 1.Pass out 2.Glomp you or 3. a combo of the same.

Its awesome! Can't wait to see more pics

Seraphims
07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
the only thing I ask, I think costumes get lost in poses. if you could just stand and look at the camera we could get a much better view of the costume.

It looks go though, I would just like to see more of the under clothes like the robe and everything.

Edit: oops forgot something, I love how you put mud on the bottom and tatered the cloth. It makes it look wore and very realistic. I'm such a stickler sorry:-) what does the back look like under the cape?

GrigoriArella
07-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Impressive work. Your costume gives a very authentic overall feel, and once you get the boots you were speaking of and the cloak finished it should be even more powerful. Just a quick note about something that stood out to me, watch the weight of your cloak. The one you are wearing looks a bit light to me, especially around the hood and where it falls. It seems as if it's a lightweight material, and that's ok. But if I were you I'd do my best to keep that weighted, shrouded look Strider's cloak tends to have. So give it a nice lining to add to the weight (and the look) and I think you whould be all set.

Your friend works excellently with leather.