PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Zeon item (Mobile Suit Gundam)

Trooper Cooper
01-25-2004, 07:31 AM
Now, if anyone could possibly help me beyond the line "I've seen some at cons" I would be insanely grateful!

Here's the deal - I am stuck here in England, and I am looking for a Zeon ensign/flag. I have been doing so for around 2 months now. Everyone I've asked, and every clue I've followed, has said "I got one from a con" or "This one guy had loads at <insertnameherecon>" and because they are all in the states, this doesn't help me :waaaah:

Could anyone give me a solid lead on this?

And before anyone suggests making it, I have no trust in my creative abilities whatsoever. I can't even do the whole "touch your nose with your finger to prove you aren't drunk" test because of bad co-ordination!!

Thanks for the help!

Pete

Catboi Blues
01-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Sorry that I didn't see this post sooner. I'll be going to Katsucon next month and if you'll reimburse me, I will pick one up for you. Sound good to you?

Trooper Cooper
01-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Sorry that I didn't see this post sooner. I'll be going to Katsucon next month and if you'll reimburse me, I will pick one up for you. Sound good to you?

Believe it or not, I managed to actually find one after following a 2-year-old forum post over at the website for Adult Swim :thumbsup:

I'll see how the deal pans out - if it goes through, that would be a sweet offer :)

Thanks!

Pete

Trooper Cooper
01-27-2004, 12:37 AM
While I have everyone's attention I may as well mention my plans to start making a Zeon officer's uniform...

Take - trousers and jacket, Swedish M36 uniform (available for approx. $20 each) and dyed olive green; one pair of jackboots; lots of cloth; and some fun stuffs for the belt (which I am still working out) and hack and slash it all together :eeek:

It works in my head... _

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/products/TR267.jpg
http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/products/TR268.jpg

Lose the pockets, dyed OG - should work, no? :untrust:

Catboi Blues
01-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Not too shaby. After you remove the pockets, I would highly recommend that you use said pockets to test out the dye. If its polyester, then you might have a problem because the dye won't stick. Remember to test them one at a time. Tell us how everything works out.

Trooper Cooper
01-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Not too shaby. After you remove the pockets, I would highly recommend that you use said pockets to test out the dye. If its polyester, then you might have a problem because the dye won't stick. Remember to test them one at a time. Tell us how everything works out.

The uniforms are old wartime wool. If I get enough uniforms (some people do do job lots) I may consider making a load of them :)

I'll do one to see how it goes.