PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi costume ideas?

tekla
01-25-2004, 07:04 PM
I"m going to a sci-fo con in April and have one original costume almost finished. I figured why not have a second? I was thinking of doing this one..the Female Cylon from the new BG movie..I love the costume ( have to line it though)
I don't want to wear a wig or anything extravagant. I've cut my hair recently and can easily do it like that. The problem is finding similar material. Any other ideas on female characters I can do? I really don't want to wear a jumpsuit type uniform or anything along those lines.

here's the Female Cylon Costume (http://battlestar.ugo.com/pictures/showPicture.php?l=/images/girls/&n=Tricia%20Helfer&i=7&t=60&c=Girls&sc=Pictures&p=Tricia%20Helfer)

ACXchan
01-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Hmm... sci-fi con... I've *always always always* wanted to do an original Shadowrun costume but I suppose it makes sense to cosplay Shadowrun only if you play it, and I dunno if you do sorry @D@ Shadowrun's a great game though if you want to try a traditional rpg, and the cyberpunk flare is incredibly eyecatching if you can recreate the cyberware.

Are you looking at just frontier sci-fi or also things like cyberpunk sci-fi, post apocalyptic sci-fi, and steampunk XD?

tekla
01-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Ack! Sci-fi overload there, hun..lol..hrmm..honestly, this is my first sci con and i really don't know the difference. I don't want to get too complicated with makeup and major hair etc. It's going to be my secondary costume when i get tired of dragging myself around in my first one. Something somewhat simple but eye catching ;)

PorcelainSakura
01-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Farscape ^_^ Leather pants, cute black top, and "I can kick your ass" attitude.

daguru
01-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Dargo! hehe

hey, what con r u goin to?

tekla
01-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Porcelain - was considering that..lol

daguru - going to Starfest :)

ACXchan
01-26-2004, 12:59 AM
Oh oops ^ ^;; Star Trek is frontier sci-fi, I'd also include Farscape and Andromeda in that general area. Cyberpunk is stuff like Shadowrun and anything written by William Gibson (Neuromancer) or Philip K. Dick (Bladerunner, Minority Report). Steampunk is Wild Wild West and League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen ^ ^

Hey what about something from Stargate XD Or Dune.

allyunion
01-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Non uniform... in Star Trek... hmm... There's always a Vulcan robe if your looking for Star Trek... there are the various dresses that Star Trek women wear... Well... not all Star Trek uniforms are jump suits... the original series had all the women in mini-skirts...

Then there's tons of various dresses from the latest Star Wars movies...

The Matrix is considered as Sci-Fi, I believe...
Other than Farscape, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Andromeda... there are shows like: Earth: Final Conflict, Babylon 5, Lost in Space, Stargate SG-1 (The majority of costumes here are military uniform... except for some of the aliens...)

Then there is Dune (The Sci-Fi made the book series into TV movies)...

If it is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy con... you can always go for the ever popular Lord of the Rings...

murmur
01-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Firefly! If you haven't seen the series yet, get some DVDs, the costumes are kind of Old-West-meets-futuristic, really fun. I'm working on a couple Firefly costumes for august, and I'm trying recruit lots more firefly cosplayers. :)

The Fifth Element had a really cool style, I thought... any of the characters from that would be neat. The costumes in Underworld were cool too, if you're into the shiny vinyl look. Heh.

SpikeSpiegel
01-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Working on a Chewbacca outfit. A picture of the mask so far is in my gallery.

tekla
01-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Firefly! If you haven't seen the series yet, get some DVDs, the costumes are kind of Old-West-meets-futuristic, really fun. I'm working on a couple Firefly costumes for august, and I'm trying recruit lots more firefly cosplayers. :)

The Fifth Element had a really cool style, I thought... any of the characters from that would be neat. The costumes in Underworld were cool too, if you're into the shiny vinyl look. Heh.

*drools* Underworld.......i almost forgot about that movie.. :bigtu:

PorcelainSakura
01-26-2004, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=murmur]
The Fifth Element had a really cool style, I thought... any of the characters from that would be neat.[QUOTE]

Best thing is doing Leeloo because you can run around calling your con badge your "multi-pass" ^_^

ACXchan
01-26-2004, 05:55 PM
If you're considering the vampire thing, there's always Blade too, comic book Blade preferably @D@ And the upcoming Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman XDDDD!

eva_guy01
02-09-2004, 06:07 AM
How about a Borg Queen? I did a borg once, just one of those lowly drones. -_-;;

Sarcasm-hime
02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I *really* want to do a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (the awesome comic, not the crappy movie) cosplay group. I even have 10 yards of black-and-burgundy striped silk waiting to be made into a Victorian gown....*sigh*

Eleryth
02-09-2004, 11:14 PM
That's really cooincidental... I thought the exact same thing just this weekend, saying how cool it would be to have the entire team.

Only problem is, I think all the girls would want to be Mina Harker. ;)

RoxieRocket
02-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Hahaha no kidding... Though there are a handful of different outfits to choose from eh?

I wouldn't mind doing a female version of Capt. Nemo. I loves me some inventor/pirate types.. especially ones in sexy blue coats.. and the Nautilus that they invisioned for the movie was awesome.

Just... awesome. o____o

ACXchan
02-10-2004, 03:14 AM
I want to do a League of the Extraordinary Gentleman - From Hell comic crossover XD I thought it'd be cool to cosplay Girl One from Top Ten too, for a sci-fiesque costume, or Kemlo but Kemlo would be incredibly difficult ^ ^;; Yeah I'm an Alan Moore fan @D@;