PDA

View Full Version : AB - worth driving 6 hours (one way)?

Sala
01-25-2004, 10:41 PM
I've never heard much about this con - someone told me it was new-ish. From past experience (if you have any) would it be worth it for me and my friends to drive 6 hours from Philadelphia to attend this con? What type of con can we expect (in terms of guests and events) - their website was not at all helpful...

Oshi
01-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey, I went last year, and it was damn well worth it :)

Ali
01-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Just make sure, if you're planning on driving 6 hours, you're pre-registered. All of you. Hate for you guys to make a trek like that and get turned away at the door.

I haven't been to AB yet, but I'm looking forward to it very much! (Mostly because transportation will cost me $2.50) But it seems like a great area for a con and everything, and it'd be cool to see you there!

EvilMoogleQueen
01-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Its worth it. I took a 5 hour train ride last year to get there and I did not regret it at all.

shiroi_yukiko
01-27-2004, 12:47 AM
I had a lot of fun at AB last year. (this is only the second year) I think it would be worth the drive! I'm not sure what to expect as far as events and stuff though (outside of the typical stuff, like the masq. and panels, etc) because, as you mentioned, little of it is on the webpage. ~_~;;

Lafiel
01-27-2004, 03:43 AM
I drove 8 hours last year.. one way.
Very much worth it.. next year should be even better with the new facilities.
I'm sure they will put up the info as soon as they can, sometimes guests are slow to respond and they don't want to assume someone is coming and then advertise they are then have to retract it cause the guest isn't actually coming.

Of course I don't usually attend cons for the guests :) Its to see my friends, to cosplay and to have fun! :D

Kaoru-dono
01-28-2004, 01:38 PM
I went last year and it was very worth it. I can't say I'm in the same boat as you guys though, cause I only had to take a 5 minute subway ride. It's going to be at the same place as last year though, because they're under contract. I think they're free next year. Also, this year should be even better than last year because it was brand spankin' new and not everything was in order and they weren't expecting such a huge turnout. It's the only Con in MA so I dunno what they were expecting. But seriously, it's definitly worth the drive. And if you don't like it, check out some stuff in the city if you haven't already been here. It's pretty cool.

TyJILDown
01-29-2004, 01:01 PM
It was DEFINATLY worth it! It was great for a first year con, I have VERY high expectations for their second year and they are brushing up anywhere that they may have lacked.

Plus the hotel is really nice :D