PDA

View Full Version : A challenging cosplay...

LadyUranus
11-07-2002, 09:01 PM
My friend and I want to cosplay at Anime Boston. I have long, thick brown hair and glasses, but am willing to find a wig if it's not an impossible color. My sewing skills are decent, with my mother's help, but it'll be my first real project and I don't want lots of help on it. My friend (a guy) has glasses and short brown hair but has no sewing skills, so he needs a really easy costume.

Any suggestions? We want to do it as a pair, so a couple would be helpful.

LadyUranus

Spooky Brew
11-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Something like Card Captor Sakura is pretty popular right now!

Cassandra
11-07-2002, 09:12 PM
The Paper from Read or Die :)

http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/images/animepics/rod_lg_07.jpg (she's the one with the glasses)

Mei Lan Chang
11-08-2002, 12:15 AM
Welllll...do you have any favorite animes or video games? You should start there, then shop around.

Something Lulu
11-09-2002, 01:52 AM
The best way to start is by looking at animes or games that you like and figuring out who you could cosplay well, or think of different characters you think you look like. Speaking as someone who also has tons of long brown hair, I picked ppl from series I liked who I also happen to look like. My hair is pretty wavy so I just make a trip to the salon the day before a con to get it straightened. The non-wig costumes I have are Tifa, Lulu, and Skuld from Ah My Goddess. Skuld is probably a good costume to start with. And maybe your friend could be Keichi? I'm sure you could find a Belldandy and Urd to team up with, too. Just try to think of characters you think you could pull off and who you would enjoy dressing as. I'm sure you'll think of a lot. What animes are you and your friend into?

LadyUranus
11-09-2002, 11:10 PM
My friend and I really like CLAMP manga... ('cept for CCS, he dosen't like that :-( ) The problem is that we don't have a lot of overlapping intrests in anime, and his costume has to be super simple. Some of the things I'd been thinking of were:
1. Saint Tail and Asuka Jr. -- but he's never read Saint Tail, and Saint Tail's costume is a bit.... eh... nah, don't want to do that
2. Chii and Hideki -- one I'm considering now
and we had thought of putting together a Love Hina group, but that didn't seem to be going well.
I've only seen part of OMG, otherwise I'd think of that....

*sigh*
LadyUranus

Something Lulu
11-14-2002, 01:52 PM
Well, you've got time to see Ah My Goddess and then decide if you want to cosplay that. It's worth seeing, so even if you don't decide to it's not like you'll be wasting your time lol. A Love Hina group might be fun, and the costumes are easy enough to make. Chii might not be so easy to make, but Chobits is a good group to do. I came close to dressing as Asuka Jr (well, not that close lol) but it seems like Saint Tail and Asuka Jr might be a fun group to cosplay. You've got until April to decide and make the costumes, so you could always make your friend read Saint Tail, or check out different animes before then. Have you thought about doing video game characters?

It's official, I'm going to Anime Boston so I'll probably see you there. ^_^

LadyUranus
11-15-2002, 06:40 PM
I hope I see you there! It's not that I don't know what to do, but rather that I want to find something I really want to do. Both of us have to agree, and I'll have to put a lot of effort into it... *sigh* I will be checking out some more anime though.

LadyUranus

KnuxieChan
11-15-2002, 09:38 PM
You can cosplay anyone you wanna be ^^ It doesn't matter if you look like the character or not, as long as you have fun! But you might make a good Fuu from MKR

Tsuki
01-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Yay! A person that's going to Anime Boston! ^-^ hmmm Yuzuki and Minoru from Chobits might work! ^-^

NarniaKnight
01-09-2003, 08:51 PM
I would like to second the nomination for The Paper from Read or Die…. Awesome anime, might I add…I just saw it… but the costume shouldn’t bee too hard…