PDA

View Full Version : Alucard's Gloves. Help Please?

DeirdraMaeron
01-26-2004, 02:40 AM
:waaaah: Hello all. I have a problem. I am trying to create an Alucard costume for my very first cosplay (I can hear you now, "So..her problem is that she is insane...." which is true but not the problem). My problem is his gloves. I have the sigil pattern (just have to size it and print it out) and I am fairly certain I can transfer it to the gloves and then embroider over it (so the gloves have to be sturdy), but I can't find gloves that look right. I have spent hours searching ebay to no avail. I'll put up a picture as soon as I find a good one but in the meantime, those who know what his gloves look like, can someone please help me out before I lose what little is left of my mind. Thank you for your time.

Deirdra :japan:

naruto345
01-26-2004, 03:08 PM
I've seen Alucard gloves with the design already on it on ebay but I'd suggest checking there anyway for gloves you might find something *shrugs* sorry but its the only advice I have for you

DeirdraMaeron
01-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Hmm...yes, tried that and I am continuing to try. Oh, your avie made me think of another problem: Eyes! My eyes are blue and for this they need to be red/orage/amber color. Does anyone know where I can get costume contacts. They also need to be available in prescription because I'm very near-sighted.

Ryukka
01-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Yeah, you can almost always find a pair on ebay, I was on ebay nd saw quite a few today actually. Normally they have really good prices. If you don't want to use ebay, you could always cheet and just buy regular white gloves, attach the rim on them and paint on the desgin. Hope that helpst ^_^~!

naruto345
01-26-2004, 11:08 PM
EASY just go to this site http://www.9mmsfx.com/main.html
Vampire eyes,Sharingan eyes,demon eyes you name it they got and can custome make to suit your needs.......no prescribtion (sp?) needed but you can get them made if you need them made for an eye problem so if you don't mind forking over about 100 or more bucks then your set but these are professional quality I've heard lots of good things about them.

Ali
01-27-2004, 12:18 AM
For the gloves, if you have a local Bridal store/Tuxedo place, they should have something you can use. For my Integra gloves, I got the gloves and then sacrificed the cuffs of an old shirt. It looked fine. (Just remember to make the sleeves of your jacket and suit a *little* short so it doesn't interfere)
For contacts, try asking your local optomitrist. They should have some info about that stuff, and the contacts would be all safe and everything. Otherwise, that 9mmsfx site is incredible. Those contacts will last for years and are well worth the price. (And red contacts can be used in loads of other cosplays.)

DeirdraMaeron
01-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone.

Hmm...for the contact lenses I don't think I can spend quite that much. But I did find some that would be perfect if I can get them in my prescription. Crazy Lenses: Red Spiral. They look like Alucard's eyes from the manga.

Check it out and tell me what you think please.

http://store.yahoo.net/eyecolor/crazlenplan.html

Amethyst Angel
01-29-2004, 03:03 AM
For the gloves, you're pretty much going to have to make them yourself. It's no biggie. Just sew white strips of fabric to the wrists of the gloves. If you don't like making buttonholes, sew snaps or velcro on the insides of the cuffs to hold them together and a button on the outside for show.

Whatever gloves you buy, make sure they're nice quality (I used military gloves which I had I bought on ebay to make Alucard gloves for my friend.) And here's a tip when you're ironing on the sigil: Place a piece of tagboard inside the glove to create a flat, smooth surface for the iron to press on.