PDA

View Full Version : Most Overdone Cosplay...

baku_neko
01-26-2004, 10:11 AM
What do you think will be the most overdone cosplays this A-kon? Last year I saw a ton of Chobits, and quite a bit of some Inuyasha characters. But what about this year? What are your predictions? Just curious...

TrigunWolf
01-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Kingdom Hearts characters......

Just a wild guess.....

kyandi-chan
02-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Songstress Yuna's from FFX-2. Everywhere you look. muahaha

Scortia
02-02-2004, 06:33 PM
FF X-2 for sure... Kingdom Hearts... heh, I wish. That'd make my day.

baku_neko
02-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Maybe Naruto? That's getting real big...

Yeah, FFX2 never came to my mind before, but now that you all mention it...

Piper
02-02-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm guessing we'll see at least a handfull or more Witch Hunter Robins...

Gren
02-03-2004, 01:01 AM
I hypothesize there is going to be a flood of Kakashis. I would put money on it.

Xais
02-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Naruto's getting there but really not there yet. I see more of FFX-2 since it's more known.

Scortia
02-03-2004, 06:42 PM
If there is a flood of Kakashi I'll be one happy gal. ^o^ I'd cosplay him if the entire costume wasn't freaking buyable on eBay. ~_~;;;;

Gren
02-03-2004, 11:38 PM
I've pondered a crossplay, since I'm the same height and only 10 pounds lighter. But I want noooo part in the crazy ninja flood.

baku_neko
02-04-2004, 10:17 AM
A flood of Kakashi's, eh? Hehe....that'd be fun to see.

MarzGurl
02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Ushicon had 2 or 3 Gunner Yunas. For being such a small convention, that's kind of a lot. Also, look at the Member Galleries around here, and you'll see just how many people do it!

Mindaroth
02-04-2004, 08:52 PM
If I see one more Chi....*commits seppuku*
Yeah, Songstress Yuna is overdone, along with Rikku, and Naruto characters, but they don't really bother me because there are so MANY to choose from. Really, it's hard to overdo those because everyone generally picks someone different.

Ray
02-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Yes, there are a lot of Chi cosplayers, and a fair number of Naruto cosplayers.

But something I've noticed that nobody seems to have missed outside of Songstress Yuna:
Final Fantasy VII characters in general-- Yes, there are a good number of them who have superb costumes, but to be honest, I'm pretty sick of seeing such things.
This coming from a guy, however, who does not particularly like many of the final fantasy games past FFVI (The only one I Can think of that I /really/ liked was FFIX. At least in it's timeline.).
As well as Nicholas D. Wolfwood, and Vash the Stampede...
However, it IS cool that people do these costumes very well most of the time (I can think of a few that weren't great, but hey-- Whatever floats your boat. I'm not going to name anybody.).

Tenya Muyo
02-12-2004, 09:22 PM
*sniff* I hope you don't mean me Ray.........

Overdone cosplays: Almost anything SquareSoft (KH, FF), Naruto's getting there. An upset, (if this truely happens) Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist! I don't know why, but i have this feeling that FMA may reach that Trigun/Sailor Moon/ Inuyasha/Chobits level. I'm probably wrong, but my spider sences are tingling........ :alien:

TrigunWolf
02-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I shall continue my Wolfwood rage for a while for multiple reasons.

1) My first costume, I am looking to make it better.
2) Very few costumes...I need something to wear.
3) My friends say I do a great job.

Probably others, but I'm tired right now. Heh

So yeah....I felt the need to explain my Wolfwood stuff, since it's claimed to be 'overdone.' Also, I've only been cosplaying for a year come April! So yeah....
And I love Wolfwood... yeah.

okay, need rest now.