PDA

View Full Version : Costume Design/Tech Major here -- Accepting Commission/Flat Rate Costume Requests

Mike_the_Lion
04-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Hello there!

I'm quite new to this. Not just to this website but to the whole concept of cosplay. Please take pity on my soul as I learn more about cosplay and shed my "noob" skin. Please be aware that I am not very familiar with anime or manga, but I'm good with research and I can learn all about a character you'd like to emulate.

Anyway, please allow myself to introduce myself. My name is Michael, and I am a sophomore/rising junior at VCU in Richmond, VA, studying Costume Design/Technology. I am an accomplished sewer, and can handle advanced sewing projects. In the near future, I'll be able to skillfully draft custom patterns from scratch... In addition, I can weave many different patterns of chain maille, and this summer I'll be learning the art of forging damascus steel. I also have some experience working with liquid latex, crepe hair, wigs, facial prostheses, and Fosshape and Wonderflex.

I would like to offer my services to anyone interested. If you have a particular project in mind, please message me or email me directly at Lionheart.costume.creations@gmail.com. I have a passion for making costumes, and especially a passion for finding costume pieces and props. If I can't find it, I can probably make it.

As I said, if you're interested, please contact me and we'll start discussing the project, and eventually we can negotiate cost after we scratch the surface and really get into what we're working on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Michael

Thermoman
05-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Hey Michael- Best of luck in your costume design/technology endeavors. And glad to see you are aware of FOSSHAPE and WONDERFLEX.
Brian
www.wonderflexworld.com