PDA

View Full Version : Hetalia 2012 Gathering

Dynamic Leader
04-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Didn't see a thread for this year yet. I hope to see many Hetalia cosplayers this year! Comment if you're coming and who you're coming as! Suggestions would be wonderful also.

DAY & TIME: Both Saturday 2:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 noon (Before the panel)
LOCATION: I'd like to do the same location as last year (in front of the fountain), but I'm open for suggestions.

I'd like to make a list of cosplayers going, so please comment to be listed.

Dynamic Leader - Cyprus Dancer Ver.
okami745 - Hong Kong or Iceland (WIP, which ever one is done first)
animenerd93 - fem!France Pirate Ver. or other (possibly with co.)
mysticdragon3 - Flying Mint Bunny (cameraman)
stitchez - Wants to join (possibly with co.)
ZephyrEclipse - Switzerland (wants to join)
Deru-Wisper - Romano Mafia Ver. or fem!Prussia (possibly with chess co.)
mscasp - Taiwan
Sakurastr - Russia
kurochi21 - China or Kugelmugel (Wants to join)

Dear Lurkers, If you are reading this and are thinking of joining us PLEASE TELL US AND LET US LOVE YOU! I'm not kidding, lurkers, IT'S TOMORROW!!!! YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF HIDING!!!!!!

okami745
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I want to go! I'll definetly XD
Day 2 sounds fine. But I'm okay with whichever day is chosen.
I'll either be Iceland or Hong Kong; whichever I complete first.

Dynamic Leader
04-29-2012, 03:59 PM
AWESOME! Would be happy to have you either way, Asian or Nordic! LOL! I know how you feel, mine isn't done either! Between the two costumes, which one is more done than the other? Thankfully June isn't still for a long while! LOL!

Codename Otacon
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll be coming as Gakuen Seychelles:3

Dynamic Leader
04-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Great to have you along!

okami745
04-30-2012, 02:22 AM
AWESOME! Would be happy to have you either way, Asian or Nordic! LOL! I know how you feel, mine isn't done either! Between the two costumes, which one is more done than the other? Thankfully June isn't still for a long while! LOL!

XD
I'm closer to completing the Iceland cosplay by a small percentage.
Yeah! I'm glad there is still time:sunny:
Good luck with finishing yours too!

Codename Otacon
05-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Great to have you along!

I'm really excited for this year.X3

animenerd93
05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
hopefully me n my friends will be going as our austrian war sucessions but not sure yet. if they arent im gonna b bringing pirate fem!FRACE day 2 works best

tdei
05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Hello. :) I'm thinking of cosplaying Hong Kong for a day. (My friends may also be doing China and Taiwan, but I'm not sure if they've decided yet.)

Dynamic Leader
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Great to have you both along! I can't wait! <3

mysticdragon3
05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Still deciding whether to cosplay Flying Mint Bunny at this gathering, or to cosplay the Kingdom Hearts gathering at the same time/day. But if you guys decide a different time besides Sat/day2 @11am, I'll be sure to bring my videocamera. ^_^

Dynamic Leader
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Still deciding whether to cosplay Flying Mint Bunny at this gathering, or to cosplay the Kingdom Hearts gathering at the same time/day. But if you guys decide a different time besides Sat/day2 @11am, I'll be sure to bring my videocamera. ^_^

Sorry for the late reply. I had no idea the forum was functioning again and I kind of forgot about it completely! LOL!

I don't mind bumping the gathering time forward or backward by an hour or two if anybody else is on board for it (show of hands, please) ,but over all (not counting all the ninja lurkers) the attendance for both gatherings is looking kind of low which is kind of discouraging.... worse case scenerio you could probably hit one gathering right after the other when one of them fizzles out... (we're out numbered by the KHs so it'd probably be us)... depending how easily can you superman in and out of that Bunny costume? LOL!

Still open to the idea though! Anybody else?

stitchez
05-15-2012, 12:26 AM
It seems like its going to be Saturday. If you guys end up changing the time I'm in~

Sadly I'm helping host the Hetastuck Dating game on Sat at 11 so I'll be a bit busy but yeah if a time change occurs Ukraine and probably most the rest of my panel cast would love to be there~

/france that headed the gathering last year

speaking of i see theres an ask a nation panel??? anyone know whos running it this year?

Dynamic Leader
05-15-2012, 03:47 AM
It seems like its going to be Saturday. If you guys end up changing the time I'm in~

Sadly I'm helping host the Hetastuck Dating game on Sat at 11 so I'll be a bit busy but yeah if a time change occurs Ukraine and probably most the rest of my panel cast would love to be there~

/france that headed the gathering last year

speaking of i see theres an ask a nation panel??? anyone know whos running it this year?

Hey! It's great to see you again! I was wondering where you've been! I'm figuring that after lunch would probably be more doable for the gathering since pushing the hour forward might be a little too early in the morning for some people (I'm actually a 4am zombie, but I know that some out there don't wake up until like 10am- they'd probably miss the gathering completely).

Does anyone mind pushing the gathering back 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon? (show of hands... c'mon, I know you're out there!)

As for the panel @__@ Ironically I haven't heard anything about it yet.... OTL

Codename Otacon
05-15-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm fine for 2pm.

stitchez
05-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Hey! It's great to see you again! I was wondering where you've been! I'm figuring that after lunch would probably be more doable for the gathering since pushing the hour forward might be a little too early in the morning for some people (I'm actually a 4am zombie, but I know that some out there don't wake up until like 10am- they'd probably miss the gathering completely).

Does anyone mind pushing the gathering back 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon? (show of hands... c'mon, I know you're out there!)

As for the panel @__@ Ironically I haven't heard anything about it yet.... OTL

Yeah, I've been a bit caught up this year sadly. College + a new job + fanime plans keep getting messed up so not much time to worry about the other cons I'm planning on attending.(and yeah thats what happened last year actually people came around like noon saying theyd slept in so they missed it).

Odd. I asked on Tumblr as well and theres nothing on the actual forums. I wonder what's going on. Speaking of me and my co-hosts should probably write up our advertisement to start circling for our panel...

Dynamic Leader
05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I've been a bit caught up this year sadly. College + a new job + fanime plans keep getting messed up so not much time to worry about the other cons I'm planning on attending.(and yeah thats what happened last year actually people came around like noon saying theyd slept in so they missed it).

Odd. I asked on Tumblr as well and theres nothing on the actual forums. I wonder what's going on. Speaking of me and my co-hosts should probably write up our advertisement to start circling for our panel...

Wow- it's like a phantom panel! Creepy! Maybe we should just go just to see what kind of ghost host is running the show! LOL!

So 2pm is good? Anybody else? (Show of hands? please don't be shy! Your vote counts! Speak now or forever hold your Pasta~)

okami745
05-16-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm fine with any of those time as long as it isn't after 3PM ^-^

Dynamic Leader
05-16-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm fine with any of those time as long as it isn't after 3PM ^-^

*eerie music* o__o W-what happens after 3pm?

LOL! If 2pm is too late for you, maybe we can bump it up to 1:30pm just to give a pinch more time? (feel free to protest)

BalancingAct
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I believe this is the facebook for thta panel: https://www.facebook.com/events/124366567698648/

okami745
05-16-2012, 04:56 PM
lol, nothing dramatic happens after 3PM. it's just that is around the time I have to leave to head back home T^T

no it's fine, 2PM isn't late XD (I'll still have enough time).
Can't wait \(^-^)/ the day is getting closer!

Dynamic Leader
05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay. June is tomorrow. Last call for time change, or else we're sticking with 2pm Sat!

Show of hands! Anybody!

ZephyrEclipse
06-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Since I'm going to be in the panel/game thing this year as well, as Switzerland, I'll probably drop by if France and co. do.

I was Denmark (sailor version) last year, and in the panel (as Denmark) as well.

Deru-Wisper
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Not sure if we'll be able to make it, but if we somehow manage to, my group would come in the Chess!Hetalia designs. I'd come as either Mafia!Romano or Teutonic Knight!Nyotalia!Prussia.
For Chess we have:
Chess England
Chess Hungary
Chess Italy
Chess Belguim (own design)

mscasp
06-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I have been trying to register, but the site wouldn't let me. I finally did less than an hour ago.

There is a chance I can't make it to AM2 on Day 1, so that is out of the question. For Day 2, I might attend the Hetastuck panel from 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M., so that time may be hard. I was thinking that we should have the cosplay gathering the same day as the Ask a Nation: Hetalia Panel, so there would be a higher chance of more Hetalia cosplayers present. That panel is on Day 3 from 2:00 to 3:00 P.M. There are also other cosplay gatherings I'm trying to attend, and I'm not sure about the times yet.

If I go, I'm going to be dressed up as a makeshift Taiwan.

Sakurastr
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I will be going as Russia.....I might leave a little early, will need to change to go to the Legend of Zelda gathering~

Dynamic Leader
06-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I was thinking that we should have the cosplay gathering the same day as the Ask a Nation: Hetalia Panel, so there would be a higher chance of more Hetalia cosplayers present. That panel is on Day 3 from 2:00 to 3:00 P.M. There are also other cosplay gatherings I'm trying to attend, and I'm not sure about the times yet.

Before or after the panel? I'm good for both (Noon for before, and 3pm for right after although I'm sure this may call for a location change. It's not hard to pick up a group of people and move them). I'm not sure of what other gatherings might be occurring during those hours either.

Does anybody else mind pushing the gathering back to day 3? Show of hands please! I want to have the date and time solid by this Sunday, but I'm willing to keep negotiations open until the 14th if need be. Please speak now if you think you're going to have a problem!

Sakurastr
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Last year we did it on the same day as the ask a nation panel. It was before the panel at the fountain, then we left to the panel.

stitchez
06-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I vote for Saturday @2pm still :/

It's still debatable if myself and a portion of my group can attend Sunday because of prior plans/work but we'd love to attend. There's always the possibility of having a gathering on both days though, if the OP doesn't mind hosting both days. If not I wouldn't mind stepping up for helping with the Saturday gathering. It's what they do for AX, a hetalia gathering every day.

Last year we did it on the same day as the ask a nation panel. It was before the panel at the fountain, then we left to the panel.
The reason the panel and gathering were the same day was because I was hosting both, along with the Kuroshitsuji gathering the previous day, so I made it easier for myself and the other panelsists keeping them on the same day since it was a large group of us going large group cosplays.

Panels and gatherings at most other cons don't always manage to be on the same day though, if there's a gathering people really want to attend they usually change.

Dynamic Leader
06-09-2012, 04:52 AM
There's always the possibility of having a gathering on both days though, if the OP doesn't mind hosting both days. If not I wouldn't mind stepping up for helping with the Saturday gathering. It's what they do for AX, a hetalia gathering every day.

Personally, I'm free for every single day of the con, I'm just more concerned about losing people in the time change. I don't mind doing it on both days. Your help is appreciated if you can spare the time.

So it's looking like
Saturday 2pm and Sunday Noon (still open to tweak the Sunday hour backward if necessary. Any suggestions?).

kurochi21
06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I'll be going as Military version of China OR Kugelmugel! It all depends if I'm able to go still!

mscasp
06-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Kurochi21 does a good job with China and Kugelmugel, so it would be great if she could be there. Right now, the AM2 site is down so I can't look up the schedule.

How long will the gathering last? I'm going to the Pokemon cosplay gathering Saturday afternoon. So far, it seems to be taking place at 3:00 or 4:00 P.M. If the Hetalia gathering is at 2:00 P.M., I don't know if I can make it on time to it. I guess I'll have to leave early. For Sunday, I'm not sure because the schedule is down so I don't know what events I'll be attending.

mscasp
06-13-2012, 01:12 AM
I am so forgetful. I forgot to mention that they still need an America, England, and Russia for the Hetalia: Ask a Nation panel Sunday morning. Can anyone fill in the roles?

Dynamic Leader
06-13-2012, 08:22 AM
How long will the gathering last? I'm going to the Pokemon cosplay gathering Saturday afternoon. So far, it seems to be taking place at 3:00 or 4:00 P.M. If the Hetalia gathering is at 2:00 P.M., I don't know if I can make it on time to it. I guess I'll have to leave early. For Sunday, I'm not sure because the schedule is down so I don't know what events I'll be attending.

Well, not counting all the unspoken lurkers, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people attending so my guess is that the gathering probably won't last too long (twenty to thirty minutes?). If you can jump in and out of your Pokemon costume fast enough, you could probably hit both one right after the other.

Tell us how Sunday will work for you when you can.

mscasp
06-14-2012, 03:30 AM
The schedule is finally back up. It looks like I can make both gatherings since there seem to be no programs that interest me.

You are correct about my costumes. I'll be playing a random Pokemon professor for the Pokemon gathering, so all I have to do is put on my white coat and remove the flower clip.

Codename Otacon
06-14-2012, 02:20 PM
It seems my new wig didn't come this week...so I can't come. Have fun you guys.

Dynamic Leader
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
It seems my new wig didn't come this week...so I can't come. Have fun you guys.

I know how you feel. The one I ordered didn't either so I had to rush ship order another second hand from the market place. I'm so sorry! What are the chances of you being able to buy another one at the con? There tends to be wig sellers there.

tdei
06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Hello again. I'm sorry to say my friend decided not to go for the cosplay. I also haven't practiced with the costume and feel unprepared, so I'm thinking I'll have to give up on this one. Sorry! ._.

Codename Otacon
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
I know how you feel. The one I ordered didn't either so I had to rush ship order another second hand from the market place. I'm so sorry! What are the chances of you being able to buy another one at the con? There tends to be wig sellers there.

Not just the wig, I also order fabric to fix my dress...but nothing as come in the mail:(

mysticdragon3
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Sorry, for the lurking. Been so busy. But Flying Mint Bunny will be at both gatherings, to video the whole thing! ^u^

Dynamic Leader
06-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Hello again. I'm sorry to say my friend decided not to go for the cosplay. I also haven't practiced with the costume and feel unprepared, so I'm thinking I'll have to give up on this one. Sorry! ._.

T_____T Small gathering is already shrinking.... nuuuuzzzz.... We'll still be here if you ever change your mind last minute.

Sorry, for the lurking. Been so busy. But Flying Mint Bunny will be at both gatherings, to video the whole thing! ^u^

LOL! Thanks for coming along! I hope nobody is too video shy!

SCreative
06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
aww... only if i found this sooner. :<
i have a turkey cosplay.. but i'm not sure if i'll go saturday or sunday T.T
but i'm going today (friday) though!! D':!

tdei
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
T_____T Small gathering is already shrinking.... nuuuuzzzz.... We'll still be here if you ever change your mind last minute.

Awwwn. ;_; Agghhh, you, okay. If you don't mind a clueless and shaggy looking HK, I'm going to grab the costume before I drive down in a few anyway and see if I can get it together for Sunday... no promises though! <3 <3 x

Dynamic Leader
06-15-2012, 07:49 PM
aww... only if i found this sooner. :<
i have a turkey cosplay.. but i'm not sure if i'll go saturday or sunday T.T
but i'm going today (friday) though!! D':!

OMFG- I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU COME!!! XDXDXDXD I'm going to stake out for you!

mysticdragon3
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Video for both gatherings is now up.
Thanks for all the fun, guys!
http://youtu.be/lW1FJN47kL0
http://youtu.be/ELTAjSjv3XM