PDA

View Full Version : Costume Progress

plovor
11-07-2002, 10:10 PM
delete

ChenCzen
11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
i still need to work on my sword for my onimusha costume. and i need that by the 30th if im going to be jubei for the reccakon kick-off thing. that is if my costume is done then too.

ZiggyB
11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
Yah I have the same issue with my gunblade. :) I was working really furiously right before AM to finish the gunblade, I didn't. :( But when I got back... it just sits there when I should sand in the bevel and do all the detail work.

Um... I did put together all the info about my future costumes on my web sites! :D Now actually working on the costumes... there's a different story. :)

I think my first con next year will be Anime North (maybe Katsu... dunno yet) so hopefully I'll actually have stuff *done* at the con. :)

Kia
11-08-2002, 03:37 AM
Lazy! Some time or another I'll get around to it...or I'll turn up to AN in sweat pants... ^_^

ErikuDeshi
11-08-2002, 10:32 AM
I've already started on my Sion Barzahd costume for Anime North 2003, it seemed a bit early, but really, I have a problem with keeping things on hold until the last minute, and if I did that it would never get done in time for the con! So I think an early start is good. I'm working on the shirt right now and got most of the materials I need, the toughest part will probably be getting the dog street logo on the back but we could always use on of those shirt press things that put images on shirts or whatever... Oh well, I cant wait until it gets all together, I got the dog collar too ^_^ feels weird to wear =/ ahh well, atleast I'm getting somewhere!

Eriku-san

plovor
11-08-2002, 12:30 PM
delete

Chosuke
11-08-2002, 12:42 PM
SION -le sigh-
You NEED to have him done by AN so I may molest you and take you home!

I have about thirty costumes that need to be done for AN -.-;
Bah..stupid non-sewing fanboys..

plovor
11-08-2002, 12:46 PM
delete

Kia
11-08-2002, 01:20 PM
:P And you know what my workout videos would be? Imagine having the real thing... ^_^ now, for that, I definitely work out!

Cho, I say we lock up all your 'boys', give them each a sewing machine and teach them! Then we would have ourselves a REAL sweatshop! A cosplay sweatshop! Just think of all the slave labour possibilities! ^_^

plovor
11-08-2002, 01:26 PM
delete

Kia
11-08-2002, 01:33 PM
A real sweat shop! I have all of Cho's little fanboys making me world class costumes at by beck and call! I know how horible they are, but if I were running one... just think of all the crazy fun! For me anyways...maybe not the workers. ^_^

plovor
11-08-2002, 01:35 PM
delete

Scoti
11-08-2002, 02:08 PM
this topic is getting disturbing lol

ErikuDeshi
11-08-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
SION -le sigh-
You NEED to have him done by AN so I may molest you and take you home!

Eeek. o_o;
But yeah he will definetely be done for AN so don't you worry! Err umm.. yeah but remember if I go down it won't be without a fight! Woopaahhh! lol

Eriku-san

Kia
11-08-2002, 02:22 PM
:P to all of you, I didn't start that discussion...blame Plovar for that! ::grins::
On topic for a change: I have a few costumes I want to work on, I just need someone to beat me over the head with a mallet everytime I get side tracked. ^_^

plovor
11-08-2002, 03:51 PM
delete

heki-chan
11-08-2002, 09:06 PM
I finished Maron (KKJ) on oct.....25th^_^ so that knocks one offa my big long list...wht else....got fur for my ultimate *dream* costume
OI!!! its gonna be so muchos fun to build *big happy silly grin*

whtelse...
/techinically/ x-2 yuna is 30% finished, since parts of it are from the original...the earring...and.....OMG thats it? alrite 5% done then LOL^_^
I should be finished by Christmas....well thats my goal anyway...cuz im gonna let my hair grow out....so id want to take pix while its still kinda yuna-like^_^

*thinks* i bought materials for......4 different versions of Chii....but looks like i wont be getting around to them just yet *smacks head*

o!! and im 30% finished Elie (Groove Adventure Rave) shouldnt be too difficult and that should be done by January^_^

My mascots will be tuff.....hrrrm..im gonna make it to the best i possibly can...oii...tht design will be pushing my limits, so thats always fun to learn new things by experimenting^_^

hehehehahahahaha sweatshops ~_~ had to do that for our FFX Besaid Aurochs team uniforms LOL! sooo annyoing LOL! sweatshops are NOT fun^_^;;;
so this year...the guys get ZIP from me
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
cept maybe an FF8 Raijin...just cuz Andrew is lik Raijin's FREAKING CLONE! I SWEAR!^_^
and Keith is WAKKA'S CLONE...SAME SMILE!!! AHH!! LOL!^_^

gomen-ne! blabbering on!^_^

~heki

ErikuDeshi
11-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Looks like you have alot of work on your hands, but you're Winnie so you shouldn't have too much of a problem right? ~_^
Lol, keep up the good work Winnie! I can't wait to see your big suprise ^_^ I'm getting all excited hehe, well anyways, I'm jealous because you can make so many costumes in so little time, watch me get my one costume done by like... May! lol!!

Eriku-san

Kellie
11-08-2002, 10:14 PM
Costume progress for ANY con is extremely slow right now for me. No money is my biggest problem. :D Yay. I have some patterns and random material laying about, but I have no time and no money. The holidays are going to be my big time search time. Especially because I'll have money. Yay! My biggest thing right now is my costume for Otakon 2003. @_@; And I'm STILL trying to think of something for Katsucon.

plovor
11-09-2002, 12:20 AM
delete

Sakura
11-11-2002, 12:09 AM
It's never to early to start *_* I've been working on my Squall costume, y'know, just getting pieces together. I finished my Maetel costume and for day #3 I can't decide whether I want to be Mima, May, or... or... yeah I'm still picking ^_^

heki-chan
11-11-2002, 04:43 PM
this is gonna sound weird n random n a tad-hyper butbut!

omigosh! omigosh^_^ i found Yuna X-2 lookalike toy guns today! SOOO awesome...all it needs is from model paint and a little bit of suping up n omigosh!^0^ best part is that its only $6/gun wheeeee^____^

~heki

Chosuke
11-17-2002, 01:28 PM
-pats winnies hyper head- I just started pink vinyl shuichi today! xD ish so..shiny o.o;

heki-chan
11-18-2002, 01:34 AM
*pokes chobrat* is the vinyl the stretchy kind? if so, is it tuff to work with? i mite go buy some..unless its a pain in the arse^_^

hohum! just decided that all things Chii will be put on hold until my Yuna X-2 is finished^__^

~heki

plovor
11-18-2002, 01:06 PM
delete

Sion
11-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Sion is about..... 15-20% done I'd say, maybe more maybe less.

Got most of the main shirt put together but need to so some more work on it... I wish I had a digital camera!!! COuld ask for opinions on how its coming x_X gahhh.. maybe for christmas! Hmm...

Eriku-san

Chosuke
11-20-2002, 07:15 AM
I dunno
I don't *think*its stretching...it gives a bit,but has a nice form. not like shiny crappy raincoat stuff...and not stiff and nasty either.
OMG winnie!
Jessica,of our group,wants to join and do FFX-2 Rikku! xD so you guys will have X-2 photo ops together! ^_^

ThrustPuppy
11-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Ya'll best watch out, cuz I'm gonna be (a really really poor represenatation of) Cappy from Hamtaro. Darn right.

heki-chan
11-20-2002, 09:41 PM
started my Yuna X-2^_^ so far so good....when the top is finished ill upload a pic somewhere....HOPEFULLY itll work out fine......... *_*;

chobrat- sure! my friend aubz (our ffx rikku) is also making x-2 rikku too^_^ so itll be fun for them to meet each other^___^

tho...we're all a bit worried about stupid pervs bothering her as x-2 rikku....bah! our guys better be around to go *ROAR* once in a while^_^ ehehhehahah^_^

thrust- ur being cappy?? ^_^ sweeeet!!! is it gonna be mascot-style? *is all excited* cant wait to see it! ^0^

~heki

Sion
11-21-2002, 02:35 PM
Don't you worry about perverted fanboys Winnie! I'll be Aubree and your Bouncer XD!!! FEAR ME!!
*flex* lol

Eriku-san

Chosuke
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
I can be a bodyguard too! I don't think I have one female costume this whole con xD but who says one or two of my male costumes won't be skanky?

plovor
11-21-2002, 08:50 PM
delete

Kellie
11-21-2002, 09:55 PM
*insert snort* As started earlier in the thread, costume progress = slow not only because of money but because ... I can't decide on a frickin' costume! I've changed my mind so many times for Katsucon, its not funny.

I'm still trying to decide: Sumomo or Wakaba as a Black Rose Bride for katsucon? I haven't started either, I already have a wig for Sumomo and some materials for the gown. @_@ Argh! What to do! *falls over*

heki-chan
11-22-2002, 12:31 AM
i think u should do the Black Rose Bride^_^ I dunno why. its just sounds more...intriging^_^

~heki

Chosuke
11-22-2002, 12:20 PM
yeah! Plus..I love Utena! *-* I glomp and take piccies of any rosebride I see.. ghetto or not! xD
Plus.. black rose brides are shweet ..and wakaba is funny.

ThrustPuppy
12-02-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by heki-chan

thrust- ur being cappy?? ^_^ sweeeet!!! is it gonna be mascot-style? *is all excited* cant wait to see it! ^0^

~heki

Okay, first off, you are frighteningly excitable. And second, I am clearly a big silly dumb dumb head, because I don't know what you mean when you ask if it's going to be mascot-style. An explanation would be super excellent!

Irvy
12-02-2002, 12:16 PM
I was on a roll with my costumes..I got Irvine and wolfwood down..and I was doing pretty good with my Vincent costume, but now I've just come to a dead hault u_u; Prolly cos I have $0 for fabric material. And for tifa *needs to work out a little bit more* good thing it's not untill the summer time XD

heki-chan
12-02-2002, 08:07 PM
...how am i "frighteningly excitable" ...? ;_;
is being happy about someone's costume idea a bad thing?
i personally dunt think so, its more like a compliment for a good idea if anything, but meh...take it as how u want... -_-;

anyway mascot style would be like the hamtaro at Nekocon 2002 or like our moogle

plovor
12-14-2002, 01:55 PM
delete

plovor
12-15-2002, 02:02 PM
delete

Chosuke
12-15-2002, 03:05 PM
We have soooo many to finish still!
And then have to decide which we are actually WEARING.
Gah..x.x;

heki-chan
12-15-2002, 04:34 PM
LOL^_^ i tend to WAY overplan my workload, so only a small fraction of what i plan actually gets finished....especially NOW all my guy buddies are like syaing they wanna REALLY cosplay again this year and stuff, my workload mite be increased by a LOT.

They seem to REALLY want to expand the KH group^_^; (lmao Abu n Aladdin X_X; scary.)

as for costume progress!!!!^____^

im 25% finished FFX-2 Yuna! ^0^ and my guns are 70% finished and they actually look...GOOD (*_*)

I need to hand-dye several things and make the shirt, but it shouldnt be toootooo hard i hope^_^ yey!

i wanna finish it before the end of January 2003, that way i can take piccies while my hair is still short^_^; just cuz i wanna grow it long for the prom thing^_^;;; change is good. :)

~heki

Chosuke
12-17-2002, 07:10 AM
My mom is being such a beast ._.;
She'snot letting me buy any more materials or goto my aunts to sew anything untill january...

And I have so much to do e_e!!

heki-chan
12-23-2002, 04:17 PM
YEY!!! im so happy, im just about finished collecting all the material for Yuna X-2, all i need is vibrant pink dye, and leather scraps for the pouch.

Oi! Matching all colours ANNND textures on Yuna X-2 is really difficult. i wasted over $20 on fabric i THOUGHT was good, but later found better etc.

But luckily yesterday i even found actual *knit* white cotton for her hoodie^_^ so now everything looks just great together^_^ time to go dye the side-skirt ^_^ i guess ill post pix on my site when things get even more rolling :)

Also, my sister started work on Paine as well^_^ Got the boots yesterday...megawatt sexy boots ^0^ and found studs as well. but we're gonna wait till it goes on sale.....$6 for just 25 little studs..just..well..sucks^_^;

~heki

nyamiko_chan
01-20-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm a newbie at cosplaying but i hoping to have Chii's butterfly dress done for AN03 !!

Maybe i'll even be able to get another costume done too??

*thinks*

Takuma-san
01-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Progress is currently terrible. I changed my plans half way through December, which threw everything into disorder. Design on the new costume is progressing, but I don't have sewing machine or time to gather the material at the moment, which is making me consider contracting part of the costume out, something that I would really like to avoid. On top of my own project, I've got another one which my friend asked of me, plus an already semi-completed costume that I want to bring to AN. If I do all three, I'd need a bloody van to take everything.

heki-chan
01-20-2003, 11:04 PM
nyamiko! *spaz* yaaaay!!! another butterfly chii! ^0^ i cant wait to meet u at AN :) :)

i hav some stuff of yunax2 up at our site^_^ but i dunt think ill put up any pix of it on cosplay.com until its 100% finished :)

rainetomoe
01-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Well I thought I would add my costume progress here too ^_^

All of the costumes I have to do are for both Anime North and Toronto Trek. I have the Sailor Venus costume for my sister finished and am currently working on my Yaten Kou school uniform and Princess Kakyuu costume. They are both about 40% done. I also need to do a Seiya Kou school uniform and a Kimber costume for the Jem show at Anorth! Plus I wanted to do a Yuna costume from FFX-2 but don't even know where to start on that. ^_^'

Yuna-X2
01-21-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm still working on getting a group to go with me, and then make a theme. :P

Kia
01-21-2003, 03:18 PM
'Allo All! I have returned...not like you missed me anyways ^-^
Good news for me and my costumes...boxing day sales are great, picked up all the fabric for my Luna costume for less than $30, plus found a bunch of extras that I'm not quite sure what to do with just yet... ^-^ Exams are coming up, so I'm going to spend my free time next week putting it together, I have the just the pattern and everything.
And while my happy mood is still in effect I give everyone big hugs! Can't wait to see all of you and your wonderful costumes in the future! :D

Kikoro
01-25-2003, 10:54 AM
I havent started anything! I cant cause im 4 hours away from home in college! Damn school. i have to wait until i get home to get my grandmother to help me sew, that and i cant make any mesurements until i get back (april 26) cause im in the process of losing weight. cant measure myself now and have it not fit later :)
Thank god the costume is fairly simple, im going as Hitomi from the escaflowne movie. I guess you could say i have some things done, my eyes are already green and my hair is the exact same style, all i have to do is dye it.
Thats all i have done at the moment, i will most likely be screwed and have to go in another costume i have. Meryl from Trigun.

nyamiko_chan
01-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Ha!! I'm getting my fabrics this weekend!! mew mew mew!

LoL! At least the dress part...and beads...MANY beads...........
MU ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

*shift eyes*

Minakolabelle
01-29-2003, 05:24 PM
So far I have all the the materail I need for my 5 costumes for AN, it's just Mana is taking for ever. I have updated my piccies on here if you wanna see the progress. it's only the wig though :( now back to work :bouncer:

Minako

Takuma-san
01-29-2003, 06:55 PM
I had to cut back one costume, only doing two for AN this year.

Going all out again next year, though.

Scoti
01-30-2003, 05:25 PM
well I've got Kilik vr.2 30% done. My only problem now is finding a white fur trim but I've gone to 3 fabriclands and they have every colour but white :sulk:
What I have so far... (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=20976&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500)

coscrew
01-31-2003, 09:17 AM
white fur? really? i bought a whole schmit a couple years ago when i did Tukuyomi from chrono cross...
how much do you need?

The coscrew has had a change of plan for costumes now.
AN2003: Flik & Odessa, Chrono & Marle

Scoti
01-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by coscrew
white fur? really? i bought a whole schmit a couple years ago when i did Tukuyomi from chrono cross...
how much do you need?

you have some? that would be great if you could sell some to me I only need like 1/2m or so. Do you have a picture of it? It kinda needs to be long-haired if you know what I mean, like the fur trim on squall's jacket

coscrew
01-31-2003, 08:14 PM
pooie, mine's only short... more like a fuz than fur...sorry, but i tried =(

Scoti
01-31-2003, 08:29 PM
that's ok thank you anyway ^ ^.....I know what I must do..Search to the ends of the earth!!! (or another fabricland)

coscrew
02-01-2003, 04:17 PM
all i can say is good luck to you, The coscrew have been cursing fabric land for quite a while, we need more shiny metalic vinyl. *shakes fist*

heki-chan
02-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Scoti^_^ Walmart sells the long white-fur, tho it comes in small sheets about the size of a piece of paper.
but since u said u are using it for kilik's collar, u can just get lik 2 or 3 sheets and stitch them together?^_^
(the seams wont be noticeable at all^___^ bcuz long hair fur hides any and all mistakes wheeeee^___^)

goodluck:)

~heki-chan

PS- by long i mean....as long as...the fur i used on Mog and San...yeah something like that^_^

nyamiko_chan
02-03-2003, 08:39 AM
okay!!! buy march i'll be done ^.^ i already got my foam,and acessories for my Chii costume..yays!! *sweatdrop* now allI need is the fabric...*falls*

Kia
02-03-2003, 11:38 AM
If it helps, until Feb 11th Fabricland has 75% off all red-taged fabrics. I'm going to the one near me tomorrow, but I don't know what the selection is like at every store. Hopefully this helps. :)

Scoti
02-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
Scoti^_^ Walmart sells the long white-fur, tho it comes in small sheets about the size of a piece of paper.
but since u said u are using it for kilik's collar, u can just get lik 2 or 3 sheets and stitch them together?^_^
(the seams wont be noticeable at all^___^ bcuz long hair fur hides any and all mistakes wheeeee^___^)

goodluck:)

~heki-chan

PS- by long i mean....as long as...the fur i used on Mog and San...yeah something like that^_^

which walmart would that be cause I went to the one at Square one and they only had short fur..but hey maybe I missed it :thumbsup: . I'll check back on the weekend
~Thanks

heki-chan
02-04-2003, 10:22 PM
O_O its the squareone-one... >_<;;; BAH!!! stupid walmart....im so sorries i saw them there last time ;_; okok u know what? if we hav leftover stuff from our _____ mascots then i can giv u some:) how about that? it can be like...a backup-backup plan LOL X_X;

OOOH!! progress! not much really...buuut we cancelled an Aeon-project. simply bcuz i dunt hav the time >_<;
BUT! my bf is gonna be Seifer!^0^ wheeee^_^ he has the blonde-ness for it wheeee :) its gonna be soo cute :)

ooo also gonna rescue my cactuar mascot from my friend's house and re-make the little guy...he was torn apart at CNAX >_<;

annd i got me my yuna x2 boots all laced up and prettiful :)

~heki