PDA

View Full Version : Someone MUST ahve seen this....

aeva
11-07-2002, 11:33 PM
....Knights Ramune [aka Lamune Fresh & 40]. I just love it, and I feel like I'm the only one who's seen it. @.@ It's so CUTE!! Okay, so its cuteness mixed in with smut, but I like the show anyway. ;.; Parfait. Dude. I love her!!!

Michi
11-08-2002, 04:02 PM
I've seen it. ^^ A long, long time ago though. ^^; Like when it first was released here. X_x It's cute, and I like freaking my friends out by imitating Cacao's.. ability. :D

Sakura
11-10-2002, 01:27 AM
I've seen that show... the darn opening theme gets stuck in my head sometimes and drives me nuts.

Ayaka
11-10-2002, 01:52 AM
I actually saw the preview for it (again, after several years) just this weekend . . . I remember being five seconds in and going, yeah, mom, this is one of those hentai shows. lol. Though I'm kinda curious, especially since my friend warned me against it with such a passion (and I've learned to not fully trust him lol!).

Scarlet Phoenix
11-10-2002, 10:48 AM
I've seen it (Aeva lent it to me once). Of course, I made forgot the warning she gave me when she lent it to me, and I watched it with my little brother... I just hope I haven't corrupted him for life.

Kenshin Ken
11-13-2002, 02:53 PM
^^; I've seen a good number of episodes of it. It was....fanservice all the way ^^;; Nothin really too thruilling.. ( I got the tapes cheap at the 5 dollar sale at J-town video ^^ )

I foudn the Ending theme and animation to be so...well not just showy...but pervesly funny at the same time ^^;;

KaitouKurogo
11-13-2002, 10:53 PM
I owned it once, but soon sold it. Saw the DVD with an entire season of "Knights Of Ramune: Fresh" at a local Swapmeet for a buck-fifty and grabbed it, though I didn't know what it was. All I saw was 'Anime' and 'From the creators of Slayers' and it was mine.

...And then I watched it.

First I was terribly glad that my family was nowhere nearby when I played it. Ten seconds in, my eyes bugged, little nosebleed and I hit the fastforward. My opinion was that it had a horrible dub, paper-thin plot, and was made entirely for fanservice.

I want my dollar fifty and few hours of my life back.

**pauses...**

And that little red ball-creature with the blue rear. What was it called again?

aeva
11-14-2002, 06:45 AM
And that little red ball-creature with the blue rear. What was it called again?
Piqu.

And yeah, the show is a lot of fanservice. But.... its cute. XD Parfait just does it for me. She's awesome!

I watched it with my little brother... I just hope I haven't corrupted him for life.
::Shakes fist:: I warned you!

Makoto
11-14-2002, 12:35 PM
I watched all of Lamune & 40 Fire in a very short period, and adored it. I just couldn't walk away from it. It's a sweet, adorable mecha/RPG kids show parody comedy series featuring the THIRD Lamuness, Lamunade-kun. It's precious, and the "theme" episodes from the middle of the series feature some of the wittiest writing anime has ever seen.

The entire series is worthwhile SOLELY for the Mighty Fish Stick. Fear the Batter-Fried Fish Stick. ^_^

After finishing it, all choked up with happiness and the CUTENESS of it all, I looked forward to the domestic release of the Fresh OAVs, and getting to see all those wonderful characters again. After its release, I bought it, went home... and I don't remember if I bothered finishing it or not. I was SO SAD. Judging by the credits, Akahori Satoru had little to nothing to do with this sequel, and I'm not surprised. He does the best randy jokes, no question, but this just hurt. Does Da Cider even get to show up later? He's a brilliant character! And I really can't forgive what they did to their Lamuness, even for their strange perverted-groping purposes.

Fresh is the most embarrassing bit of the Lamune series, so of course it's the one that sees the domestic release, not its FAR more impressive predecessors. But I'll recommend any of the other ones in a heartbeat! ^_^